Rookie Season

By SAGEBRAT

Alina is a college grad moving to Miami alone to start up her business. She's a strong willed girl with a dre... More

Cast List
OH➡️MIA
Intrest peaked
What's Good?
Oh Sh*t
Whipped
My Night
Just Checking...

The Re-Up

397 19 9
By SAGEBRAT

In the midst of staring at her, I begin to cough from the burning liquid going down my throat.

"Oh my God! are you okay?" She asks circling around the bar, she holds out a bottle of water for me to take.

I take it into my hand and she rubs my back as I drink it.

"Yeah I'm good, I'm not a big drinker"

"Me either, but when I do, I always can hold my liquor."

"Oh you got jokes." I say with a smug smile, drinking more of my water.

"Y'know...I have to keep you on your toes." She says with a wink walking to the back of the yacht.

I follow behind her quick as hell, like a puppy dog. A fly to shit, if you will.

She sits on the nose of the yacht where nobody is, I qucikly spot her and make my way towards her.

"So how long you been In Miami?"

She looks at me and tilts her sunglasses down with a smug smile.

"What?" I say with my hands in defense "I can't know?"

She chuckles.

"Miami is like my second home really. This is the first time I've been back in a long time, but this is where I'm pulled, so this is where I'll be. This has always felt more like home than Ohio, probably because of my granny"

"Pulled?"

"Mmmhmm the universe has a way of...leading you to places."

"Or people." I retort

She laughs and looks the other direction.

I'm just thinking 'damn like this girl is so pretty.' 

The entire time she's talking, the way her voice sounds, how she gets happy when she talks about small parts of home. Or how when I start talking she holds that intense ass eye contact, never breaking away giving her full attention.  

"So what about you? you're livin' the life"

"I guess...I mean I'm grateful and all, but I'm still tryna figure myself out, I'm only 20. Most people don't make it to my position this young."

She looks at me and perches her eyebrow up.

"I ain't mean it like that, I'm just saying, this is definitely a big step for someone so young."

"Yeah, I understand, like you feel you constantly have something to prove, even though you've already solidified your position, which is how you got here, but you feel you have to keep proving yourself. to show you deserve it."

"Yo, have we met before?" I say with a smile. But I was actually being deadass.

"Perhaps in your dreams." she giggles.

"I'm a psychologist." She says shrugging her shoulders.

Alina and I continue to talk for the rest of our trip on the water. I can genuinely say, I have never vibed with a female so fast. 

Like the conversation just flowed. and she really on that intellectual shit, Like higher thinking type shit. She had me questioning everything I know, one topic just lead right to another, I don't think I've had converstaions tat deep with my family.

we'd been boating for hours but with my time spent with her it literally felt like minutes.

Soon her friend comes to where we're sitting.

"Hey boo, I hate to steal you but, I'm tired, and you need to rub my back."

"Mel why do I always have to rub you're back" Alina says taking off her glasses.

"Bitch yo lil, 5'2 ass always got an attitude, small as hell, you will burtst one day, you're too damn small to hold all that attitude in a small frame." 

I start lauging loud because she is small as hell, tiny girls always got the most to say like how you gon' cuss me out then ask for help to reach for a ceral box.

"Do not laugh at her!" She says hitting my shoulder, I try to sober myself up but melody and I look at each other and bust out laoughing again. 

They go back and fourth for what felt like forever, I wasn't tryna be nosey but they funny.

"Okay Mel, I'll meet you at the car, because now you tryna get cute. And chile I dont got time."

"Bitch I can't get what I already am, but tata, don't take to long, it was nice to meet you Tyler."

Before I can even respond she walks off.

"I'm sorry about that, she can sometimes forget to filter herself"

"It's coo. The only thing I'm worried about is when I'm gon' see you again"

She cluched her chest and moved her head back. I didn't really expect that response. Like did I say sum wrong?

"Oh wow, chile, you bold for someone who could barely speak a sentence earlier."

"Okay, Ight, I'll give you that, but no sense in beating around the bush if I already know wassup"

"And what is exactly up?" She asks standing to her feet and gathering her things, I do the same, walking beside her.

"I just don't feel like I need to waste time if I see what I want. I get it."

"Mmmhmm, well you most definitely saying all the right shit."

I started geekin like a mofo, but I was really tryna play it cool, because I don't wanna look to excited.

"Give me your phone boy." she says holding out her danity hand.

Without hesitation I pull out my phone almost dropping the shit onto the ground and handing it to her.

She puts her number in.

"Here, now take a picture of me." She hands me back the phone, as she sets her bag on the floor, she does a peace sign and a kissy face.

"Okay, now let me see. Make sure its cute...and if it's ugly, erase it from your phone, and your memory catalog. And take that out your recenlty deleted, I don't need people hacking yo icloud seeing me look busted."

I started laughing because I thought she looked good but she made me retake it 3 more times.

"3rd times the charm. this is cute."

"I mean technically it was more like fou-"

She looks up at me as she's setting the picture as her contact with a look that says 'shut the hell up' 

Sooooooo, I shut the hell up.

"Okay well, here is your phone, I had a lot of fun with you, but I need to leave before my friend shoves a knife up my anal cavity."

"Oh wow, okay well um, I'll see you then, I guess." I gradually got quieter the farther she walked away.

These two women have a habit of leaving before you can speak your response, as soon as she leaves I retreat to look at my phone.

Going right to the pictures I took of Alina.

 I'm officially a simp for her.

"Boy." Jimmy says slapping the back of my neck.

"Aye chill out bro."
"Nah you chill. Wasn't you just with her?" He says lighly tapping my chest.
"And? Don't you got some business?" I asked in a 'so what' tone.

"Yeah Ight, come on my blackass finna burn up If stay another minute out in this sun. And by the way...your business? is my business."

"Ehhhh, wrong answer." I say making the buzzer sound.

Jimmy and I continue to talk as we get in our cars and part ways.

All I wanna do is call Alina, call me crazy but I'm in love.

 Okay...maybe I'm cappin. Just a tad. But you know what feeling I'm talking about. And don't act like you don't because you do.

"Girl do I have to rub your back? The sun got me tired as hell. I just want to sleep." 

"Aaaaaaaaauh I wanna hear the details." Melody responds in a whiny tone.

"I knowww! I promise you will! I'm just so tired, we've been out since 10 I'll call you tomorrow and tell you."

"Mkay bitch, and you betta do just that."

I get out of Melodys car and get back into mine which is parked at my shop,where melody kidnaped me, I get into my car turning on my music then I drive home.

As soon as I get into my door I fling my shoes off, and face plant straight on my couch. I want to take a nap, but I know I need to shower.

"Ughhhhh, can't the shower take me instead!" I say running a palm down my face. With a groan in my voice.

I get into the shower and wash the day away. After I lotion my body, I make myself some oatmeal, then get right into bed.

I snuggle into my covers and sleep found me instantly. The sun really can tire you out.

"Do I send this?" I say to myself.

I'm currently up laying in my bed, it's 2:00 am and I have practice in 4 hours, and what am I doing? 

My ass is up contemplating weather or not to send a damn text.

"I should do it right?"
"Nah it's too late, I know she sleep."
"Right, I know she sleep, but also what if she up."
"If you gon send it...send it. And shut the fuck up"

And to add onto my no sleep I'm having a whole back and forth conversation with myself like an idiot.

I decide to just wait, I put my phone down and fake sleep until I actually drift away into it. It's a scam how you have to pretend to sleep until you actually go to sleep. 

A/N: Omg y'all I'm sorry I haven't updated this story. I honestly didn't/don't feel like people are enjoying it 🤣 lmao. Nobody is voting so I've kind of neglected it.

Plus Tyler and I are on a break😅

nah but fr.

I'll try to get better with updates don't hate me.
👉🏾👈🏾 sorry I made you all wait. I hope you're enjoying this story.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

539 17 9
Since yanna was a little girl all she ever wanted was to be loved and respected. All she wants to do is survive, but between her relationship with fa...
13.8K 426 16
𝐑𝐘𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐒 was a social butterfly, effortlessly making friends wherever he goes. But his life took an turn when his father was elected as...
96.1K 7K 46
Mia Jones was the sole witness to a devastating tragedy that changed her life forever. With that change came a new perspective on life. She's very pr...
273K 10.3K 22
Noelle Cartwright did everything by the book. Some call her 'stuck-up.' But, she never cared. She's a high-school senior with a lot on her plate and...