Scared To Love

By desmondsallah

Who knew running away from girls would be so difficult ? It's almost impossible when you're in a school mostl... More

3 months ago...
Graduation
Starting Over
No Girl At All
The Prettiest Girl
Second Thoughts
Lonely
She likes me ?
Crush
Invisible
Regrets
Lunch break
Left out
I Made It !!!
Last minute surprise
A feeling of jealousy
Risking It All
End Of Semester
Bored
A slight blessing in disguise
Falling , only to be broken
Confession (A painful memory)
Just friend to Best friend
Secret's out
Crazy Night
SRC week( Part 1 )
SRC week(Part 2)forever waiting
SRC week(part4) Regret and Pain

She wants to dance

16 4 1
By desmondsallah

Here I am...8:30pm and I'm standing at my usual hiding place . Under the same tree in the dark and seeing the same things over again .

The music rocked the school and the atmosphere fired up with movement and a bunch of people dancing with friends and girlfriends .

Is...is that ?...he's coming here? To me ?

I spotted someone coming right towards me ...actually...

There are two of them coming to me .

" Peter " the figure before me called . It was Joshua ...with a girl I don't know . " yes ? " I responded , trying not to make contact with the girl standing beside him..." This is Edna "

Damn it ! Why is he telling me her name ?  Now I have to look at her .

" okay " I  shuddered as my voice trembled . He stood behind her and touched her shoulders . The grin on his face made me wonder...." What's he thinking now "..." She wants to dance with you "

My heart just stopped " Relax...she didn't propose to you , stupid " my inner voice said .

" Take her with you for a dance together "

My brain also just died .
I can't move...I can't think ! Come on , voice in my head...tell me what to do !

Even the voice in my head has abandoned me .  This is hard .

I let out a scoff and pretended to laugh . Smiling like I I had just lost my sense of understanding...my eyes fixed on Josh . He looked like he could read my mind .

I really want to say yes but I can't . I'm so weak .
I looked at Edna and she looked like she didn't mind dancing with me .

She wants to dance...all I have to do is take her hand but I'm holding back...like a chicken  who's head is about to be chopped off .
I'm still standing there and she's till waiting for an answesr

Oh thank God . It's Kenneth . " hey Kenneth I'm here ! What did you say I should show you ? " I cooked up some lie and slowly walked away from my frustration . Whew...of the hook .

That was tough . That girl asking me to dance with her was like having to choose a math question where on one side...the easy one carries low scores and on the other side...it carries more marks but the question is complicated whereas if I'm lucky I might get correct but I'm only 60%sure.

That is a tough decision .

I finally feel the cool wind rush in . Feels so nice..." Aren't you gonna dance ? " Kenneth asked. " nah bro " I smiled . I felt a pat on my left shoulder as he disappeared into the crowd .

I've been able to escape one girl tonight . The night isn't over yet...I don't know how long I'm going to remain unnoticed .

This chapter is a bit short...the next might also be . Thanks for reading tho . pls help me out by voting and sharing .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

189K 3.7K 17
๐€๐ฎ๐ญ๐ฎ๐ฆ๐ง ๐Œ๐š๐๐ข๐ฌ๐จ๐ง is 17 years old, who is from London, and is forced to move to Canada with her abusive father. She's been through so much...
48.2K 1.7K 25
Being friends with her is hard. But being in love with her is even harder. Small Excerpt; "No one told you to do that." she cried pushing me away. "...
The Streets By Taylor

Mystery / Thriller

2.9K 78 51
They were trouble. You could just tell by looking at them. They didn't talk to anybody, besides others in the group and people in our school spread s...
19.1K 4.8K 36
{A Nigerian Themed Novel๐Ÿ˜˜} "You can't leave cause I have feelings for you!" I scream without thinking. My eyes widen and I draw my hands over my mo...