Valerie's Contractor ||Comple...

By Annyink

He placed his palms on both sides of my cheek, and caressed my face ever so gently. Gazing into my coffee bro... More

Flickers
Sparks
Cafรฉ au lait
Platonic
En route
Alan's place
Not so platonic
La fรฉminin grace boutique
The reunion
No calls?
A kiss or two.
Heck! not those chests again!
Plummeted
I knew I never liked that chick
TV remote control
Mails!!!
The Tayos Crib
Alan's Family
Am I good enough?
Grandma's 90th birthday
Stars of the night sky
Rooftop Lounge
The unexpected reaction
The Decision
A/N

Pop corns and late night movies

318 58 8
By Annyink

He gave me that lopsided grin of his, that always had a way of making him look ten times more attractive. He definitely knew how to turn me on like crazy.

"Oh wow!" I exclaimed, making sure the surprise in my tone was quite apparent.

"Oh wow... Right?" He said, sounding so unruffled as he strolled past me into the room with those long legs of his.

"You are pretty good at showing up on people's doorstep unannounced." I said as I closed the door behind me.

Before I could turn around fully, Alan scooped me up in his arms. I wasn't expecting that at all, I guess this young man was really full of surprises. "Put me down, young man." I said staring at him.

He brought me closer to his face and said. "And what if I don't?"

My face were inches away from his now. A part of me was hoping he would steal a kiss or two, but he didn't, he just stared at me with eyes that read. "I want to kiss you, but I won't. Maybe not yet."

After reading his eyes, I swallowed hard and said. "Well, maybe you don't know that women who are injured, are ten times more aggressive than pregnant women."

"Ooooh, I am scared." He said playfully.

"Of course you should be." I replied, wearing a fake smoldering stare.

He broke into a peel of boisterous laughter. "Do you know how you look right now?"

"Nope." I said, still keeping to the act.

"Hahaha. You look exactly like Grandpa Eddie in Jumanji part 2." He said, Laughing like a 5-year-old.

"Grandpa Eddie? You are so so silly." I said.

"Yo, you have gotta watch that mouth, if not, I am gonna throw your injured ass on the ground." He said. Falsifying a serious demeanor

"You wouldn't dare." I said.

"Ho ho. You don't know bupkis about me, Hun. I guess Ten years has really worked its magic on your brain. Do you think I am a gentleman? I wee just fling you away now now." He said. But I knew he was only joking. Alan couldn't do such... Could he?

Ding dong!!!

The doorbell interrupted our spirited moment.

"Oh, so fast?" Alan said to himself. "I guess I am gonna finally grant your wish." He said to me, as he strolled to the bed, and placed me on it.

"You came along with someone?" I asked.

"Uhh... Not someone." He said as he walked to the door. I inclined my head a bit towards the door, to see who or what he was expecting.

Once he opened the door, a lady wearing a red T-shirt and a baseball cap, which was obviously her working uniform handed him two cups of popcorn. He collected it and said, "Thank you." The lady muttered something, which I couldn't hear clearly, then walked away.

Alan shut the room door with his foot. Then he placed the two cups of popcorn in between his left arm and his belly in order to hold them, while he locked the room door. I just kept staring at him, what exactly was he doing with two cups of popcorn, in my room by 7:00 PM?

He walked towards the bed, and when he got there, he said. "Roll to the other side."

"Uhm... What are you doing?" I asked him.

"What does it look like I am doing?" He replied.

"Well, it looks like you are trying to get in bed with me." Oops! That didn't come out right.

He cocked a brow, and gave me a smug face.

"Shit. Those words came out wrongly." I said, then facepalmed.

"You are not entirely wrong tho. I want to get in bed with you, cuz it's a really cold night... And you know what they say about cold nights..." He was saying when I interrupted.

"Wait, what?" I asked.

"Get your mind out of the gutters, silly." He said laughing. "Cold nights are meant for late-night movies and popcorn... Unless if you are suggesting something else..." He said giving me a naughty smile.

"I am not." I said rolling my eyes. I shifted to the other side of the bed to create a little room for him. He sat on the bed, then handed me a warm cup. "Vanilla and milk flavor. I hope it tastes as nice as it looks tho." He said.

"Well, there is only one way to find out, don't you think?" I said, then quickly popped two into my mouth. The flavors caressed my tastebuds, and they were quite impressive. "Wow! This is really good stuff."

"For real?"

"Yeah, for real. Here, have a taste." I said, trying to place one in his mouth.

"Nah. I would have mine when the movie starts." He said then hunched over to remove his sneakers. "Do you have softs in the refrigerator?"

I popped the popcorn I offered him into my mouth. "Yeah."

"Great." He said, then got to his feet and walked to the refrigerator. He came back with two cans of coca-cola. "You know what they say, popcorn without the cola is completely useless." Then he laid down next to me, leaning with his back placed on the headboard slat. He handed over a can of coke to me, it was super chilled.

"You just formed that now, right?" I asked.

"Uh-huh." He replied then poked the lid of the drink.

"So, how is that leg?" He asked as he crossed his feet, and took a sip of his drink. He was still putting on his black socks, they looked pretty neat.

"Well, I would say it's improving, because the pain keeps alleviating by each passing moment. I guess Dr. Odeife was right after all, it is gonna heal soon enough." I said, staring at him.

We stared at each other in silence for some seconds, then in unison, we crashed into laughter. We both knew the reason why we were laughing.

"That chick really had it bad for you sha!" I said still laughing hard.

"She dialed the wrong number, cuz obviously I am not available." His reply incited my interest. So I sat up and thrust forward with the discussion.

"Most guys I know would grab the opportunity immediately... Even if it is just to chop and clean mouth... But why... Why is your case different?" I asked, still staring at him with a burning intensity. I knew I was pushing him towards the "us" topic, which scared the shit outta me because right now I didn't have the answers to the questions I presaged he would ask, but I still wanted to find out the reason why he said he was unavailable.

"As I said, she dialed the wrong number, cuz I am not one to play around with ladies. And most importantly, when I have eyes for one, I don't look at any other." He said, gazing at me with those eyes that said it all. This heart of his was broken by me ten years ago, and ten years after, he was still evidently willing to risk breaking it a second time.

He extended his hand and reached for the remote control which laid beside my hip. In the process, his hand brushed my hip slightly. The little touch caused an electric wave to rush through my whole body. He felt my body's reaction to his touch, he knew I longed to be in his arms. He bit his bottom lip, then winked at me, and said. "Let's steal a movie or two Hun."

I swallowed hard. It was then it occurred to me that I didn't ask if he was spending the night or not. So I asked. "Are you spending the night?"

"Uh-uh." He said

"But where are you gonna sleep?" I asked, knowing fully well how dumb that sounded.

"On this bed of course." He said with that usual cool his voice always had.  Then positioned the remote towards the decoder and placed it on a movie channel. You guys won't reckon the movie these people were showing! The 2016 romantic drama film directed by Thea Sharrock. The movie that shook cinemas on Valentine's Day 3years back. A one time winner of People's Choice Awards. The movie that had the capacity to shovel out my emotions from their deepest profundities. The movie was no other than Me before you.

"Oh! One of my favorites." Alan said, then used a big hand to draw me closer to him. "And you, my favorite person/movie partner would be my cuddle buddy." He said with a wide boyish grin plastered on those handsome lips of his.

I smiled back, then shot a popcorn into my mouth. This was really gonna be one long emotional night for me.

***********************************************************************************

The next day, I woke up to a sunny morning. Like, the sun was shining directly in my face. Alan laid behind me, I could feel his nose at the back of my neck with his arms wrapped protectively around me, like as though I was some treasure he was protecting with his life. This young man was knocking over my heart with every passing second. I know I had strong feelings for young Alan, but whoa! What I feel for this matured young man lying behind me now, who had the ability to make me feel inner peace and safety, was second to none.

"Ife mi." I heard him say in his sleep. My heart sank. I didn't deserve this man. He was so convinced about what he wanted, and that was me. But on my part, I was always speculating. Always choosing my selfish interests over him. Did that make me a bad person?

Despite the emotional rollercoaster I was going through currently, yesterday night kept itself on replay in my head. My mind couldn't help but wander back to how lovely it felt being in his arms, and at the same time seeing a movie we both loved so dearly. I was really grateful he came around, even if I wasn't gonna say that to him though, cuz that would only encourage him to keep enchanting me with his charms all the more.

I was about to disentangle myself from his arms when he tightened his arms around me. "I know you want to make yourself a cup of your favorite morning coffee, but we both know you shouldn't be stressing that leg now, don't we?" He said with a hoarse voice.

"Hmmm. So this is the real reason why you came around... To babysit me." I accused.

He released me from his arms, and tilted his head a bit, in order to enable him to have a good look at my face. "Guilty as charged chief." He said, then he sprang up from the bed. 

"Ah-hah! I knew it!" I said.

"Hahaha. You are freaking my style girl! I used to be a smooth criminal." He said, as he placed his hand into his trouser pocket, and brought out a little sachet of Valhalla java ground coffee, and tore it open with his teeth, then said. "Buenos Dias Senorita." And headed straight to the little makeshift kitchen.

"You really came prepared o." I said jokingly.

After plugging the coffee maker to electricity, he came out and rested his back on the door frame of the kitchen, with his arms crossed. "A man on a mission doesn't come unprepared Hun."

When he was done making the coffee, he handed it over to me. "I might not be an Italian, but heck! I know how to make a damn good coffee." He said with much pride.

I accepted it. Then took a sip. He deserved all of the accolades, this was a damn good cup of coffee. "You are awfully good son. But, anyway... You ought to be this good, especially for the fact that you have worked as a coffee boy in the past." I said, ending with a naughty chuckle.

"Can't you give me one hundred percent credit for once?" He asked as he sat down on the bed, close to my feet. He picked up my good leg and started massaging my toes softly. As I sipped the coffee. This man was really a good babysitter.

"Well, you are a really good babysitter, like perfecto." I said, giving him the perfect sign with my fingers. Then continued sipping the heavenly cup of coffee.

"Finally, she gave me one hundred percent credit. I guess I should record today's date, cuz it is a memorable day." He said, faking a serious facial expression. Then the expression revamped into a cocky grin. "I would love to borrow you again... I want you to play the role of my girlfriend this weekend at my grandma's 90th birthday. Please don't say no."

I sipped my coffee again. No wonder he was being this nice. So there was more to all this babysitting he was doing. This man was really a cunning tortoise... Besides, who could say no to this hunk wearing such a charming smile, that made me think of fresh red roses?

A/N

Well, well... We both know how the last borrowing ended.👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨

Thanks for reading.

Don't forget to vote⭐ comment, and share😁

***********>>>>>>******
Glossary
Buenos Dias senorita - Good morning lady (In Spanish)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6M 238K 61
#3 on Featured list! "I need you to be my wife." he said lifting her chin up, forcing her to look at him. "But, we don't love each other." protes...
10.8K 525 61
โ› ๐๐จ๐ญ ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž ๐œ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐'๐ฏ๐ž ๐ค๐ž๐ฉ๐ญ ๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐š๐ฐ๐š๐ฒ ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ž๐š๐œ๐ก ๐จ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ. โœ โ› ๐“๐ก๐š๐ง๐ค ๐ ๐จ๐ ๐ข๐ญ ๐๐ข๐๐ง'๐ญ. โœ โบ ใ€€ . โœฆ . ใ€€...
11.7K 2K 12
"Finding happiness within because that's where true joy lies." Damilola Amarachi Oyelowo is an independent doctor forging a new life for herself in t...
935K 27.6K 38
Nov, 09, 2020 : #1 in romance May, 14, 2021 : #1in respect May, 14, 2021 : #4 in lovestory "Don't try and act all nice to me. I know girls like you...