The Umbrella Academy: The Pup...

By FuzzyElf

One faithful day 30 years ago 43 children were born, sir Reginald Hargreeves came too adopt eight of said chi... More

The Umbrella Academy
Chapter one: The introduction
Chapter Two: Home And Reunions
Chapter Three: His Death
Chapter Four: The Bank
Chapter Five: I Think We're Alone Now
Chapter Six: Number Five, The Future and Funerals
Chapter Seven: The Eye
Chapter Eight: Mom
Chapter Nine: The Attack
Chapter Eleven: Whee
Chapter Twelve: It's Not Your Fault
Chapter Thirteen: Who Is Harold Jenkins?
Chapter Fourteen: Creepy Attic
Chapter Fifteen: Murder Mystery

Chapter Ten: The Truth

1.2K 22 0
By FuzzyElf

~Number Five~

"When's it supposed to happen? This... Apocalypse." Luther asked Five the moment he woke up Doll still sat beside him on Diegos bed, examining his body for any injuries as he slept.

"I can't give you the exact hour, but... from what I could gather, we have four days left." He answered, fumbling with his hands.

"Why didn't you say something sooner?" Doll thought about it, what he told her about the eye, even she still has a hard time believing that it's true and that Five didn't just lost his mind.

"It wouldn't have mattered."

"Of course it would. We could've banded together and helped you try to stop this thing." Luther countered slightly hurt. "We woudn't have believed him, I'm still doubting." Doll told them truthfully, she dosen't want for it  to be the truth.

She looked down playing with her gloves in shame, Fives eyes wandered between her and Luther. "Firstly that. And for the record, you already tried."

"What do you mean?" Luther asked, Doll turns more to Five looking at his side profile. "I found all of you. Your bodies." Five said, the pain evident in his eyes.

"We die?" Doll whispered, loud enough for both men to hear.

"Horribly." He said looking at his siblings. And even though she thought he hadn't noticed, he did as Doll ever so slightly got closer to him. 

"You were together, trying to stop whoever it was that ends the world." Five said tears glazing his eyes, Doll patted his shoulder, trying to keep him from falling down a hole of memories he wouldn't get out from.

"Wait, how do you know that?"

She retracted her hand as Five got out something wrapped in a piece of cloth, slowly unwrapping it. "This was clutched in your dead hand when I found you. Must've ripped it out of their head right before you went down." He showed them an the eye that was so important, throwing it to Luther, inspecting it.

"Whose head?"

"Like I said, I don't know."

"Well, there's a serial number on the back. Think maybe you could try..."

"He already tried it that way, I was with him onto that." Doll said quietly, drawing Luthers attention before both theirs turned to Five as he chuckled. "It's just another hunk of glass."

 Luther gave the eye back to Five as the door flied open, Doll stood up preparing for the worst as an angered Diego stormed in.

"Piece of shit." Luther too now stood up, Doll taking cautious steps, raising a hand as Diego stormed onto Five. "Do you have any idea what you just did?" 

Luther stops him, holding onto him and letting him dangle slightly above the ground, Doll let her hand fall as Luther handled it already. "Nope, let me Get your ape hands off of me!" Doll furrowed her brows at Diegos words.

"I can do this as long as it takes you to calm down."

"Fine." Diego pants still lifted off the ground. "Now, wanna tell us what you're talkin' about?" Luther asks letting him down.

"Our brother's been pretty busy since he got back. He was in the middle of that shootout at Griddy's, and then at Gimble Brothers, after the guys in masks attacked the Academy, looking for him." 

Doll frowned slowly turning to Five, those information filled a few blanks, especially for the bodies at Griddy's, but it still made no sense. One question still wasn't answered. Why?

"None of which is any of your concern."

"It is now. They just killed my friend." Diego said panting. Doll closed her eyes for a moment and sighed, eyes still closed she urged Five for the truth. "Who are they, Five?"

"They work for my former employer. A woman called The Handler. She sent them to stop me. Then, soon as Diego's friend got in their way, well, fair game." He told them.

"And now they're my fair game. And I'm gonna see to it they pay." Diego said walking off to the door. 

"Diego." Doll looked at him, shaking her head, he looked back, pursing his lips as kept going for the door.

"That would be a mistake, Diego. They've killed people far more dangerous than you." Five called after his knife throwing brother.

"Yeah, we'll see about that." Diego called back slamming the door.

"Former employer? What's this really about? And don't give me any of this "It's none of your business" crap, all right?" Luther said as their attention turned back to Five.

"Well, it's a long story." Doll sat back down next to Five, gripping onto the bed at each her side and leaned her chin on her left shoulder looking at Five. "Tell us everything Five."

So he began to tell, "They turned me into the perfect instrument for rehabilitation of the time continuum. Or "corrections," as they called them. I wasn't the only one. There are others like me. Beings out of time, fractured, extracted from the lives that they knew. I don't know how they got there. But I do know that none of them were as good as me...They didn't realize it, but I was biding my time, trying to figure out the right equation so I could get back. If I could just get back, I knew I could stop the apocalypse. Save the world."

"So you were a hit man?" Luther asked, handing both his siblings something to drink, the polite one muttering a "Thanks."

"Yes."

"Uh... I mean, you had a code, right? You didn't kill just anybody." Luther asked sitting back down on his chair, Doll nodding in agreement.

"No code. We took out anyone who messed with the time line."

"What about innocent people?" Doll asked him.

"It was the only way I could get back here." he countered quiet angry. 

"But that's murder." Luther said shocked, with Doll very much on his side, as much as she was surrounded by death, she didn't't like it either.

"Jesus, Luther, Doll, grow up. We're not kids anymore. There's no such thing as good guys or bad guys. There's just people, goin' about their lives. But when the world ends, all those people die, including our family." 

Five remarked getting madder with each word, with a sigh he tried to calm himself a bit. "Time changes everything."

~*~

Sometime later they where back at the Academy, Doll was staying at Fives side not knowing what else to do, still processing the newfound information.

As they got upstairs, they noticed bloody footprints leading out the bathroom, they shared a worrisome glance before following the prints leading to Klaus room.

"Oh, boy "

"You okay?" They were met with Klaus bare back as he was about to put on a shirt.

"Hey. Yeah, I just...Long night." Doll frowned, he seemed different, truly pained.

Five chuckled, "More than one, from the looks of it."

"Yeah."

"Klaus?" Doll slowly approached him, as if she feared to scare him off. She raised a hand, guiding it to his shoulder but stopped before she could reach him.

"Don't remember the dog tags." Five piped up from behind her, making her look closer and squinting her eyes.

"Yeah, they belonged to a friend."

"How about that new tattoo?" Five asked empathetic from the door. Their sister took her hand back to herself and stepped back to the door.

"You know, I don't totally remember even getting it. Like I said, it was a long night."

"You did it, didn't you?" Five inquired. Doll looked at him incredulous as she left out the door to let them talk it out.

She slowly walked to the stairs, hearing their voices, talking of time travel, a briefcase and Klaus being ten month older now. 

She kept to herself, not having been able to add something useful to their conversation. She was still exhausted from the fight they had with the attackers, to long was it that she used her powers that way, never having even found her full potential. 

As she walked down she saw Pogo stitching up their Mom, she smiled sadly at, grateful for him. 

"hmm." In the foyer she found the remains of the chandelier still on the ground. She frowned, what did else did she miss after falling unconscious? As she circled it, she saw Klaus coming down. "What happened here?"

They looked at each other. "I have no idea."

"You look like shit." Diego said to Klaus, coming out of nowhere.

"Why, thank you. Hey, where you going?" Diego walked past Doll with a suitcase in hand, she swung around reaching for him.

"Nope." He said to Klaus as Doll stopped him from leaving.

"What?"

"I'm not giving you a ride." Doll let go of him as he came face to face with Klaus, the best way for her was to wait till they were done talking, so she could talk to Diego.

"Oh, come on, man...You know I can't drive."

"She can..." Diego started before looking at the pale women beside him, she looked sickly white, more than usual. 

 He gave her a worrisome look but Doll just closed her eyes and shook her head, trying to hold onto him again. 

"I don't c..." He turned back to Klaus, but before he could finish, Klaus had already set his mind

"Okay, great. I'll just get my things. Two minutes." Diego sighs as Klaus was gone. 

He turned his attention back to his sister. "Are you okay? You look sick." 

Doll sighs, "I'm fine, just...not used to use my powers to this extent. But I could ask you the same, you know Diego... What's with the suitcase?" 

He quirked a brow, "Nothing you need to worry about. Come on I'll drive you home."

.........................

Hi, albeit what I said yesterday, after I was done watching season 2 and processed it a bit, started to write, still completely blown away.

It was so beautiful, I hope so much that season 3 will come someday, I rarely cried so much about a show. And thinking about how I will bring my character into it, I can already tell you I want it to be sad and bring her in more independently. 

It's a short chapter and not much happen, but more is on the way.

Have a nice  Saturday ;)

~Sarah

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.8K 1.9K 40
Story of a family - strict father, loving mother and naughty kids.
34.4K 2.3K 56
๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ง๐ ๐›๐จ๐จ๐ค ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฌ๐ก๐จ๐ซ๐ญ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ ๐š๐›๐จ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐จ๐ฅ๐ข๐ฏ๐ข๐š ๐ซ๐จ๐๐ซ๐ข๐ ๐จ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฒ/๐ง'๐ฌ ๐ฆ๐ž๐ž๐ญ-๐œ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ž๐ฌ/๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ข๏ฟฝ...
61.1K 3.4K 74
When shrivi goes home after a long time. Who doesn't have her parents' love and family's love for some reason. She had support from her grandmother...
202K 4.6K 68
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad