Winter Bloom

By _chanceuxx_

❝ annyeonghaseyo jeoneun Bangtan Sonyeondan hwanggeum maknae Jeon Jung-erm sorry, Aria imnida. ❞ I mentally f... More

Chap 01
Chap 02
Chap 03
Chap 04
Chap 05
Chap 06
Character aesthetics
Chap 08
Chap 09
Chap 10
Chap 11
Chap 12
Chap 13
Chap 14
Chap 15
Author's note

Chap 07

62 23 33
By _chanceuxx_

Friday; The only good word you can hear all week.

     Smiling that it was almost the weekend, I pulled the covers off. 

     Fast forward to School, after fifteen minutes of contemplating whether to fake an illness or not, here I was; sitting in English Class. Chris kept ranting how the class was boring and he should've skipped.

"DU DU DU DU DU DU
Ige uri tang tang tangtang," Was stuck in my head.

"Aria?" Chris whispered, breaking me out of my trance.

"Um, yes?"

"You were zoned out." He chuckled. 

"Oh." Was all I managed to say, barely staying in touch with reality. 

"Dude, it's just reading. Why are you focusing this much?" Chris turned to taehyun. 

"Do you even know what the class is about?" Taehyun replied, fixing his spectacles for what seemed to be the millionth time; eyes fixed on the board.

"Yeah." Chris stated, the confidence clear in his tone.

"So you know that preposition is a linking word but you can not end a sentence with it, though it might not seem wrong?" Taehyun quizzed.

"Y-yes." Chris replied, scratching the back of his head. 

"Okay class, so your weekend task is to write an essay. Make sure you write about 800-1000 words. I want it printed and on my desk, first thing on Monday morning."

"What?" Chris belted, gathering everyone's attention.

"Is there a problem Chris?" The teacher inquired. 

"No sir, no. 

Actually; yes. Don't you think 1000 words is loads?"

       The teacher just sighed while the rest of the class busted into laughter. As on cue, the bell rang. Nearing the exit, the teacher reminded us of our weekend task, eyeing Chris as he spoke.

-

"Why was the English teacher giving me the Look™…?" Chris questioned, entering the cafeteria.

"You're his favourite." Sa na taunted.

"Really!!!" His eyes lit up.

        They all stayed silent. In ho sympathetically patted him on the back.

          While getting my lunch, I was pushed three times in the queue. Sa na came and grabbed the food tray for me.

She ignored my "thanks" afterwards.

       We made our way towards the table. Sitting down, I couldn't help but notice the icy glares the other students shot my way.

-

"You guys go ahead. I'll meet you in the class." I mumbled to In ha while she giggled at Chris's joke.

        Knowing they all were occupied with their conversation, I got up, silently unfolding the note that was placed on my seat.

        The moment I stepped inside the girls restroom. An intense grip pulled me round and slammed me to the wall. 

A harsh voice spat the words onto my face, 

"Didn't I tell you to stay away from them?"

Who? From who? what is she talking about? I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. 

          I took the risk to glance at the person; it was SooMin. My vision blurred thanks to tears filling up my eyes. My ears felt warm as my face ran cold. 

I lowered my head as I felt my soul leaving through my fingers. 

SooMin tapped her toe on the floor in a rythm of impatience. 

"So now you won't talk? Bitch? Look at me." 
She grew closer, closing the once-found foot gap between us.

She gave my shoulders a jerk. I vomitted out a question, 

"What are you talking about?" 

She poked at my forehead after every word,

"Allow. Me. To. Remind. You." 

      She dug her fingernails deep into my scalp, clasping my hair. 
I closed my eyes. She pushed my head into the wall, 

"Stay away from them." 

SooMin declared and stepped away. 

The restroom door creaked and the knob clicked. 

She left. 

         Sliding down to the floor, I wept, muffling my voice. 

What I did wrong to deserve such treatment?

        I rose back up. Wiping my tears with the sleeves of my hood, I sniffled.

       With my head still cloudy, I stepped out.

-

           Saturday afternoon, I was in bed, surrounded by my plushies and favourite snacks, watching a kdrama. The episode ended. I grabbed the empty bottle off the desk and headed downstairs.

        I caught sight of mum sitting on the sofa in the lounge, the TV remote in her hand as she flicked through the channels. The twins were seated down, indian-style, each holding her leg. Knowing how dramatic my brothers were, I headed into the kitchen, ignoring them.

      I filled a glass of water for myself, chugging it down in a matter of seconds. Stepping out of the kitchen, I glimpsed how they both were still sitting down with pleading eyes. Aware that they weren't the ones to give up easily, I pry into the matter.

       From what I caught, they both wanted to go to a party and mum wasn't allowing them and I couldn't agree more.

"You wouldn't have refused if she asked you." Said Aiden, throwing me a dirty look.

"That's because she never does. Now, go to your rooms and don't come out unless I say so." Mum ordered, her eyes glued to the TV screen.

"You never punish Aria." Aaron added.

"If she did something wrong, I'll make her sit in the lounge or take her grocery shopping." Mum said.

"I'm still here." 

I waved my hand, informing them about my presence 

"and I can hear you mum."

"I know hun." Mum replied in a satirical manner.

         Regretting my decision of coming down, I filled up my water bottle and headed back up to my room.

              Just as I clicked the 'play' button on the next episode, my phone buzzed. Picking it up, it was a text from In ha.

In ha: Can you come over please?

Me: Why?

In ha: I'm waiting.

          I gaped at the screen, realising what she just did. I pondered going over or not but knowing In ha, I sighed and grabbed my phone.

"Um, mum?" I asked, standing on the last step of stairs.

"Yeah, hun?" She replied, not bothering to look in my direction.

"I'm going over to In ha's."

"Really?" She turned so swiftly I was concerned she might get a cramp.

"Yes. Can I?"

"Of course hun, enjoy." Mum rejoiced.

         I was astonished how mum agreed. Not even fifteen minutes ago, she didn't let the twins go to a party. Thinking about that, I swiftly made my way to the door, not wanting them to know that I'm meeting my friend while they're in their rooms.

-

"You can't use advise here, it's a verb. You have to put advice here, the noun." I explained.

           In ha wanted my help with the essay the English teacher ordered us to write since she's not good at grammar. Knowing such basic things, I decided to help her out.

"Ugh!! It's so confusing." In ha declared, putting her head in her hands.

"Yes, they can be confusing. But it's okay, since it's not your first language." I tried to encourage her.

           Glancing at the wall clock hung in her room, I saw that it was now 7 pm. I spent 2 whole hours helping her finish up the essay.

"I should get going." I announced.

-

"Thank you for the snacks Mrs Kim." I said, exiting their house.

"You're welcome dear. Come again soon." She kindly replied.

           As I was about to twist the knob, the door opened, revealing a very confused In ho.

   ------------------------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

948K 40K 81
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
190M 4.5M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
2.1M 107K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
974K 16.8K 42
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...