T.A.C.: MHS 1 [ON HOLD]

By MajorBases

Five Legends in the making. Four parts to play. Three swords to mark the future. Two battles. One story of th... More

AUTHOR'S WORDS- PRIMO
PROLOGUES
Chapter 1: What Must Be Written in the Codex?
Chapter 2: A Way of Saying Things Complexly
Chapter 2: A Way of Saying Things Complexly (part 2)
Chapter 3: After The Twenty-Minute Melancholic Disaster
Chapter 3: A Melancholic Disaster In Twenty Minutes
Chapter 4: Optimal Space Rift to the Mundane World
Chapter 5: The Changeling's Vengeance (part 1)
Chapter 5: The Changeling's Vengeance (part 2)
Chapter 6: The Way Back Home Is Through A Grid
Chapter 7: Meeting Destiny - What Has Been Lost, Is Found Here
Chapter 7: Meeting Destiny - Normal Here, Is 'Way' Beyond There
Chapter 7: Meeting Destiny - Past Memories Revisit Me at My Dreamscape
Chapter 7: Meeting Destiny- Past Memories Revisit Me at My Dreamscape (part 2)
Chapter 8: Escape The Rulebreakers Wrath
AN ANCIENT'S GUIDE IN ANCIENT ANCIENTS' HISTORY

Chapter 4: Optimal Space Rift to the Mundane World (part 2)

105 1 2
By MajorBases

A/N: To MikeAlexander92 for being my first fan out of the country.

The reason to why I break each chapter to parts is because it will to long if it is compacted in one chapter, not to gain more reads.

Please vote after reading and comment if you wish. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 4: OPTIMAL SPACE RIFT TO THE MUNDANE WORLD (part 2)

-RIGIDIER-

My head is bleeding like hell, before! According to what I’ve heard with the maids outside of the room.

The temporary subtleness of light occupied the free chamber. The room feels small yet the ceiling was high above the normal height of a ceiling making the room feel a lot bigger. Overhead, small candles with the spectral colors are floating.

The stone wall was covered with small illuminating fungi and weeds that held three portraits (to my surprise). The leftmost part is a portrait of the current division head of the Magic Citizen Division, Lily Beth Diaz. The second was the Infirmary’s Headmaster, Sy L. Ence. The third was the headmaster of MHS; it was the god of pure magic, Lark.

Those portraits aren’t as big as the arched window faced lateral to it in the room but rather medium to small in size. Talk about being humble.

Lying down on an infirm bed, I pushed myself up to a sitting position. It took a time to do that since my body feels cramped and stiff. But to put things clearly, I’m not a long-necked person.

After five minutes, I had sat upright and observed my surroundings. A small metal side table was to my left and right of the whitewash wooden bed with goose-feather pillows and a woolen blanket. Each table carried different objects.

The left got hold of arcane books and healing spell books. To my right, it was a vase of emerandus, green, four-petal flowers with small emeralds as its seeds, and a bowl of healthy, scrumptious fruits, but I only like one in the bunch: The dragon fruit. 

I got one of the books from the left table because I just felt bored listening to the maids outside the chamber. I blew the dust off of it and began to unravel its pages. The book was entitled as, “Demystifying Ancient’s Secrets: The Optimal Space Rift” by Rondale R. Rickford.

I skimmed the table of contents and the acknowledgements and a part of the introduction.  It took several minutes to reach the hundredth page. As far as I’ve known, nobody has ever beaten me as the fastest reader.

The record is four minutes and fourteen seconds with a hundred pages when I’m serious. For now, I’m the supreme ruler of literature; at least, for now.

Going back to the subject, in those hundred pages, it told how the foundation of the Optimal Space Rift was made. I’m practically bored by it, so I went on to the next chapter. The next hundred which I tackled six minutes told how to activate the Optimal Space Rift.

It said the rift needed twelve magicians. A mage of fire, an alchemist of silver, a siren of song, a fairy, a dwarf and the rest are wizards, mages and arcane and rune casters.

On the third chapter, this only consisted of seven pages, which I finished under two minutes, it told about what the rift would do.

It said, in quote and in summation, “The Optimal Space Rift can transport a maximum of five persons to a different dimension. It could be worlds apart or at the same world that only covers great distance. However, when the Max Matrix is activated and so is the Rift, both teleporting media will automatically interlock with each other and become as one.”

In short, when the Max Matrix and the Rift are activated at the same time, things that go through one end will arrive up at the other.

The final chapter consisting of two hundred forty-seven pages, which took eleven minutes and nineteen seconds to read, told about the early experiments of the ancient magicians to derive it’s complete functions, who can do the Rift spell and who have done the Rift spell. As far as history stretches back, only four people had done the complete Space Rift spell.

Who can do the spell? Only the combined forces of the twelve magicians over Rank IV can do it.

I’m a perfect example of this: Rank IV and Fourth Year in MHS. I would’ve been the highest ranked student in MHS if it weren’t for that Legend. Alex is a Rank V student when he first landed the staying, which is another term for MHS, throwing me off the podium of power. Up until now, he is still Rank V.

The sound of the door can be heard outside. Clicking heels and footsteps are evident noises. Shadows of the maids, I presume, came immediately to the people who entered the room. Some are murmuring a very soft conversation to hear.

Feeling intrigued and ready for contact with other life forms, I returned the book to its proper place. The door opened and it was Rose Gardenia or sometimes Gerdenia because that’s her mother: the magic mythology’s goddess of nature, and the Hexian Division Head, Vermont Taxix.

 Vermont wore an angular hat. Sixty degrees each corner making it look like the head of a bacteriophage. The spectral colors of the hat completely disagreed with the color of his robe, inner shirt, shoes, leather pants, aglets and laces, sword, wand and yes, gloves; black.

The detailing of the clothes caught my attention despite its bland color palette. Tailors had used gold and argentum silk, which is only found in the Three Millenia Year Old or Miscrave Tree, to stitch the fabrics together but aside from that----boring.

“I would like to have a word with you.” Vermont said looking outside the window. Rose and I looked the same direction.

Grey clouds clustered carelessly by the wind onto thick thickets. Squirrels rushed to its holes in the tree to take cover for the upcoming rainstorm. Rabbits are digging to their holes, ants are rushing to their hills and students are taking cover to their dormitories and to whatever shade there is possible.

“Go on.” I’m still looking at the same place still amazed of life’s spectacle.

“I need your assistance in activating the Optimal Space Rift.”

I felt blank. “The Optimal Space Rift will be activated with the help of me?”

“Aye” Rose and Vermont said.

Rose stepped forward and sat down on the infirm bed by my feet. “I---I’m worried of Alex, Rigidier. I can surely trust him that he will handle the Codex of History at ease but he transported back to the mundane world.”

“I know. It’s dangerous for a demigod to be there.” I replied.

“But that’s not exactly it.”

Feeling confused I asked, “What?”

“Never mind; you’ll never understand it.”

“So it is true. That Alex has gone back to the mortal world.” Vermont said in a calm, submissive voce.

“What do you mean ‘has gone back’?” I asked.

Vermont didn’t reply. Instead, he changed the subject.

“So-----Rigidier, you’re the last one being waited to activate the Space Rift. If it is okay with you----“

“Yes, I’m fine. Thank you, Vermont.” I interrupted. “I’ll change myself and proceed to what area of the M.C. HQ (abbreviation of Magic Citizen Headquarters)?”

“Proceed to the room with no number at the seventeenth floor.”

“What time?”

“As soon as possible”

* * *

I’m at the third floor of the Magic Citizen HQ. The elevator to the sixth floor is just around the corner. Before I turned left, I looked at the former division heads hanging from the polished stone walls. The left portraits were the first seven division heads in golden frames. The portraits on the right are in silver frames.

Those pictures represent the current division heads. There are only four pictures there and the last one is the one managing the current school year, Headmistress Lily Beth Diaz.

I turned right and there are seven old ceramic jars filled with the magic of the first seven division heads. Each jar is special and unique and only a number of people can open the forces of tremendous magic concealed in a jar. Four jars are at the left and other three at the right.

A guard is standing before the elevator. The elevator is actually made of stone and there is a statue of E, the disciple of the Multitude Cross, sculpted in the chamber.

“Name please.” The guard asked.

“Rigidier Sevinile. Fourth Year; Rank IV. Magic Citizen.” I replied calmly.

The guard looks at his logbook searching my name off the pages.

“Here it is,” The guard said, “Rigidier, you may now enter.”

“Thanks.” I tried an appreciative tone since I don’t give much credit to many people, especially to the staff. The guard flipped half of the logbook ninety degrees and there it showed a green button with ‘MHS’ on it. The guard pushed it and I soft clicks are resounding in the chamber where the sculpture of E is at.

The sculpture of E turned to platinum and so did the chamber. The floor begins shifting to form concrete stairs in a counter clockwise direction. I stepped inside and climbed step by step until I reached the sixth floor where the teleporter doors are.

To put in one word about the sixth floor, the word would be ‘barren’. There is almost nothing in the middle of the sixth floor except the augur of the Magic Citizen: Fatelle.

The Fatelle is in the middle of the fountain. The Fatelle is a girl carrying a basket of Orbs of Indifference (def. Orbs of Indifference-orbs with the power to change differences and defilements of a person. The orbs have been banned since the 12th eon because of the abuse of this power). All augurs are encased in a fountain in order for it to maintain its powers.

Each door is marked with a number which represents what floor you are entering. I walked to the door with the number seventeen placed on it. It was in between door number 16 and door number 46. I inhaled and exhaled for three times before I opened the door. Then in a sequence of events: Turn knob, Open door, go through door, enter the door and close the door.

The seventeenth floor is filled with teachers in different lounging areas. Some people may call this as the rest zone for teachers. I just can’t concentrate on my thoughts with the cheering and splashing of water in the pool room. Not the ones in billiards.

While walking, I overheard people talking in the council room; it is the place where the division heads and the principal have their meetings. I guessed that it’s an emergency meeting since they only use the council room every last day of the month. This is what I heard:

“This is the worst magical crisis in history! Do you know what this means to the school?” a man’s voice said in panic.

“Calm down Lord Vermont. It’ll be fine.” A man’s voice said while playing his harp or lute.

“Calm Down? CALM DOWN! Do you think we can calm down?! Darkness has found the Codex of History! Why is that needed to be taken with no importance?

“But I’m glad Alex is taking care of it but rest assured he isn’t safe there. His powers aren’t on max throttle.”

“He’s right Lord Fest (Division Head of the Fishdomesans).” A man’s voice said only more mature talking.

“What do you suggest now Master Creston?” Lord Fest said.

“Alright, this is what we’ll do. If the titans and gods truly started a war then we have no choice but to evacuate the students and leave to go home where it is safe. We will help the Era Army (the strongest army of the Era Palace) in conducting the Expellation Code before the so-called greatest crisis in Ancient history appears in our eyes. For now, we must conduct the Optimal Space Rift spell. Are we clear?” the headmaster said in an old, grandfather-like tone but in a retrospective way, it seems young, fresh and revitalized.

“Yes sir.” The division heads said in sync.

“For now, the meeting is adjourned.”

The mallet banged loudly across the hall and the noise of the teachers stopped for a moment.

The door knob moved. It was a sign that they are leaving the room. If I got caught, I’m in double-trouble.

Ventrimuos ala gorgentinin nunis efetirjan” I chanted the spell and turned invisible.

Ventrimuos ala gorgentinin nunis efetirjan is the fifth spell created by the first Ancients.

The division heads exited the room in different directions and teleported back to their respective divisions. The door closed all by itself and I’m the only one left there alone, aside from the noisy teachers having their parties.

“Great job in casting that spell,” A woman behind me said, “Ventrimuos ala gorgentinin nanis efetirjan” the lady chanted and I became visible again.

Ventrimuos ala gorgentinin nanis efetirjan is the sixth spell created by the first Ancients.

“Lady Lily Beth?” I turned around.

“Yes it’s me.” She replied me in a cheerful tone.

“But how did you know it was me?”

“I’ve sensed you already in front of the door even if it’s closed; you have a different aura from the rest of my students in my division.”

 “Will I be in big trouble because I over-heard your discussions?”

“You will not face the consequences if you don’t tell about it to anyone else in or out the campus. Come; let us go the room with no number.”

We walked down the hall across the noisy rooms of teachers and we proceeded to the room at the left of Lady Lily Beth’s office. Lily Beth opened the door first.

“You may go in first.” She said.

“Thanks.”

Headmistress Lily Beth closed the door gently so that no more teachers can be disturbed with their fun and leisure.

* * *

The room for the Space Rift Engine is big. The door may be small but what’s inside is really wide and huge and humungous and gargantuan and filled with crappy stuff that I don’t seem familiar with or even recognizable, in such cases.

The Space Rift Engine is shaped like a globe only with golden quarter rings, silvery semi-circles, the somewhat holder of the globe which is notched to the floor and made of hypoxia bronze, bronze combined with manure of unicorns and trolls, and clusters of platinum circles orbited around and about the sphere.

The sphere is made of gendan glass. An invulnerable but frgile glass, in fact. Inside that glass, there is something powerful. I see moving squares inside of it that are dancing to a cadenced waltz among the black, empty space. The squares twist and turn in all possible routes. The pixels paused for a brief moment and moved again in the opposite direction. As the pixels move and transform into different colors, I am left there having the feeling of marvel and wonder.

“This room was made by E himself.” I said, out of awe. “The complexity of the Rift is making me feel----small.”

Lady Lily Beth laughed out with pure exhilaration, like a mad granny without the state of being crazy. “You have your way of viewing thing, huh, Rigidier?”

“I do. And from that mere fact that I’m temperately ill-worthy of being the next legend in the making and I snore when I sleep, thank you.” I replied from the floaty compliment. I use the word "floaty" to tell that something just feels corny.

“Shall we start?” Vermont rushed towards us.

“Yeah, I’m ready.” I said.

Vermont nodded in approval and pointed me to go to an outlined grey circle. When I stepped inside, it instantly glowed because of my presence.

Vermont clapped his hands and every magic-able person in the room proceeded to their assigned circles. Now, I visualized what the book meant about ‘a different set of magic-able mortals’. You see, every circle has a different kind of magic-able person in every different form of magic. To name, in a clockwise manner:

Grey is me, a Wielder of Kor, the Ancient Skies' sword of blazes and connection. And the color is beige, my favorite.

The red circle has a fire mage. Very typical.

White: unicorn. They never usually show up because, you know, they party.

Orange has a troll.

Green- a weredog (def. a mortal/mundane that has an ability to transform to be a dog on every new moon).

Violet has an arcane wizard.

Blue has a mermaid. Thought they never existed.

Yellow has a nendrei (def. the equivalent of a Nereid).

Velvet has a dwarven elf, the last of the Ancient species, and the most mischievous of all.

Black has an alchemist.

Pink has an exorcist.

And finally, the headmaster of MHS, Head Wizard Creston Brown, he’s a pure magician occupied the rainbow circle.

Once everyone has settled in their corresponding circles, a big circle line orbited from each magic circle to the other. Once that is finished, a line from each circle is drawn towards the base of the Space Rift. Instantly, the magic pressure went above the roof. This is the first time I’ve ever felt so much magic. The metals surrounding the sphere began spinning. The pixels inside the sphere began to move rapidly. Short releases of electric currents began to flood the entire piece of machinery. The movement began faster, and faster and faster, etc.

“Recite your parts of the spell to complete the activation of the Space Rift. Are we clear?” Creston said.

All of us replied with affirming answers in different ways. Creston nodded in approval and he started the chanting of the spell. Everyone followed the same in the counter-clockwise direction of the circle.

“In the worlds where we are connected,”

“Shall open the portal to all,”

The language that he used is Jibberish, translation: “Bound by magic and knowledge,”

In a small, creaky voice “Will open the transportation plane.”

“To teleport what has been lost.”

“And bring back the treasure of the forgotten.”

“Aw-ound the wowld whe-we wins awe aw-ound.” Translation from Dog Latin to English: “Around the world where sins are around.”

“Grant us the permission to walk between worlds.”

Whinnying and horsing around came afterwards. Gladly, I can talk to animals, as well. “That has been exiled to protect what it holds.”

“But alas, we can only say one thing to you.”

My turn! “May the stars watch over you.”

The circling metals of the sphere are absorbed. Blue-green light escaped from the gaps of the entering metals. When the last bits of metals are seeped, pixels exploded from the Space Rift. The pixels move in all different directions, knocking all of us, except Head Wizard, out of our circles. My body went to a direct send to the marble wall. I heard a loud thud and crack behind me. I dropped down to the ground with a blurry vision.

Pixels are still on a rampage. I barely understand the words that they are muttering. Some are understandable but the rest didn’t ring a bell. The last thing I knew before I spaced out is that four people came through the Rift.

One of them is a girl just as beautiful as Rose. She has scruffy brown hair, wearing a mundane uniform at some other high school, perhaps. She is smiling which is weird for some reason, and she’s short in height. Hopefully, she’s nice enough to get over her height problem.

Another girl with the same hairstyle as the girl beside her was shrieking, “Please! Let this not be the abyss to Tartarus!” She’s taller than the first girl and say, not fat but poufy. Those blue eyes of her seemed lonely but yet I found a sense of literature in it. A weird feeling crept up in my mind and body. It is sending me shivers right to the bone. I felt blushing with no valid reason.

And then there are two males. Both have physically fit bodies but my senses are telling me that both have one-pack abs. Both are wearing uniforms with the logo of the high school imprinted on their polo pocket. I tried to look closer but I just read Marci O. Rañola Hi Cool. Both are wearing glasses and both of them are fakes. The most interesting part of the men is this: both of them have swords of the Ancient Skies. The man who is darker in color is handling a big, black, double-edged sword named Biller, which is the Ancient sword of metalwork and metal spirits.

The other one is Sethrall, the blue with outlines of gold sword that goes by another name which is “The Star’s Pride”. Only one person handles this sword. He is the one that could handle the curse of Origin.

Yes, he is Alex E. Legend.

--JEAN: CHAPTER 5: THE CHANGELING’S VENGEANCE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 1 86
IT'S THE RISE OF THE FIRST FAIRIES AND THE ENTIRE WORLD IS ABOUT TO CHANGE. WHEN THE TWO GIRLS MEET SIX OTHER GIRLS THE ADVENTURES DEFINITELY START...
88 0 14
The story that is told as a fantasy, but feels like reality.
2.6K 80 16
Its about a fourteen year old named Blaze and how one day had changed his world. He is facing foes that no one has seen or even heard of on his way.
108 2 5
In the modern world, many believe that the stories of the past are just that, stories. They forget their heroes and the promise they made to return w...