Loud Blondes | Denki Kaminari...

By Calybear7

(Y/n)'s father, Shouta Aizawa, has a few simple rules, the most important being no dating loud blondes. You... More

Aizawa's Daughter | Chpt 1
Ugh, 1-A | Chpt 2
Textbooks | Chpt 3
Disappointing | Chpt 4
Phone Number | Chpt 5
Drawbacks | Chpt 6
The Party | Chpt 7
Out of Here | Chpt 8
Unwanted Attention | Chpt 9
Acquaintances | Chpt 10
Not the Same | Chpt 11
Bubble Tea | Chpt 13
You Know Her? | Chpt 14
Everyone Else | Chpt 15
Paper Dino | Chpt 16
Friends | Chpt 17
Short Circuit | Chpt 18
Mitochondria | Chpt 19
Jealous | Chpt 20
The Aizawa Household | Chpt 21
Sport's Festival | Chpt 22
Yellow | Chpt 23
Sleepover | Chpt 24
Hug | Chpt 25
Studying | Chpt 26
A Bad Day | Chpt 27
Silent Treatment | Chpt 28
Invisible | Chpt 29
All Worked Out | Chpt 30
Simple | Chpt 31
Hard Bargain | Chpt 32
Camp | Chpt 33
Okay | Chpt 34
Comfort | Chpt 35
Loud Blonde Connections | Chpt 36
Safe | Chpt 37
Bass | Chpt 38
Groceries | Chpt 39
Happy | Chapter 40
Guilty | Chpt 41
Married | Chpt 42
My Beautiful Girl | Chpt 43
Rebellion | Chpt 44
Mistake | Chpt 45
Spacey | Chpt 46
Family | Chpt 47
Mirai | Chpt 48
Casual | Chpt 49
Epilogue | Chpt 50
GIVEAWAY - COMMENT TO WIN (Closed)

Relief | Chpt 12

10.6K 397 891
By Calybear7

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

The entire school had a choice to remain in their dorms for the day after the publicized attack, or attend school. Those students staying home would still receive the work they missed, but have the opportunity to work alone in the comfort of their dorm rather than school. It was mostly for class 1-A, who had actually got caught by those massive amounts of villains, so a large amount of kids actually chose to go to school.

Including me.

It was better, I wouldn't miss out on stuff and be confused at home. I originally planned to see my father early in the morning, but upon calling the hospital he was still asleep. It was extremely awkward in English as well, Mic clearly out of it after what happened yesterday with me and because of the attack.

The attack was major scale, serving as a debut for the dastardly League of Villains. After listening to the many reports late last night, I concluded that my father had taken a brunt of the injury, followed by the boy named Midoriya. I remembered he was the one who broke his bones at the entrance exam, the first day test, and probably once more during the heroes versus villains training exercise. I learned Kirishima, Midoriya, a boy named Bakugo, and the acceptance by recommendation student Todoroki had interfered once my father showed signs of breaking. I couldn't help but feel gratitude for those students who had risked themselves to help my father, suspecting he would be in a lot worse condition or even dead if they hadn't.

My father was no low level hero, nor a fool, so hearing that his fight against several villains in the beginning was easy filled me with some vigor. He wasn't suited against that many, but showed quite the fight. Until the Nomu arrived, he was doing just fine. I couldn't picture the Nomu how they had described it, but it sounded like a nightmarish creature. The students had each been separated, but worked well to save themselves. It made me wonder about what had happened with Kaminari.

The picture in my mind of my father being crushed, the burning feeling in his arm after being touched by such evil, made me nauseous. I didn't know what I would do when I finally saw him. I had even heard of the man, going by Shigaraki, trying to kill a young girl in the class. My father, of course intercepted just in time before he could reach her head. She had a frog quirk, but I couldn't remember her name. That image alone, was enough to send me spiraling, but I just let it sit heavy on top of the information piling up in my brain.

When I arrived in class, I could tell Mic was surprised I hadn't stayed in bed. He hadn't spoken to me that morning, figuring that I would chose for myself. He...didn't want to tell me what to do. I hadn't slept at all during the night, my eye bags a deeper purple like my fathers. I placed my bag down, slumping in my chair. I glanced up at the two firm gazes on me.

"(Y/n)? What are you doing here?" Hanako asked.

"We heard what happened to your dad, is he alright?"

"I haven't seen him yet," I replied, simply. "I'm going to see him after school. He's asleep."

"Is he okay?"

"I hope so. They said he should be fine," I said, shrugging my shoulders.

"Do you want us to come with you?" Hanako asked, placing a hand on mine. She flinched slightly at how cold it was.

"No. Thank you, though," I said, taking out my English book. I noted that most of class 1-A was not here. Their hero course class was cancelled for the afternoon, so they were getting out early if they opted to come to regular courses.

"Hey." The seat beside me was filled by Kaminari. Kirishima, Mina, and I believe his name was Sero we're gone today. It was strange seeing as Kaminari could've clearly stayed in his dorm.

"Hey, Kaminari. How come you're not absent today?" Hanako asked. I felt his eyes on me, but I didn't dare look at him fully.

"I'm pretty bad at keeping up with stuff outside of class. I turned out alright from the attack," he said. "How come you're here (y/n)?"

"Can't see him until later, he's not awake."

"Right, did you see him last night?" He asked.

"No."

"Oh...I—" Mic interrupted and set us off to do some easy partner work. Hanako took Ryou to another table and Kaminari stayed beside me. "Do you know what happened?"

"Not really. I heard some accounts of what happened," I said.

"Well I saw him when Snipe finally got Shigaraki with some hits," he said. "I heard he did really good."

"I'm sure," I said, flipping through my book and circling an answer for number 1.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine."

"Well, I just thought you know, he was busy there. Was there anyone looking out for you?" He asked. I didn't particularly want to be having this conversation now, but it didn't appear that Kaminari would be giving up any time soon.

"Yeah, I got pulled from class by Present Mic. He's married to my dad," I said. "He has to leave and help so Midnight made sure I was at home."

"Right, wait. They're married?"

"Yeah."

"Oh, I'm sorry that's besides the point," he said. I could still feel him looking at me until I finally turned to look at him. He had this awful pitying look on his face that made me queasy. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine."

"Do you need someone to go with to see your dad or are you going with Mic?"

"I'm fine. I'm going alone," I said. I felt his hand on my arm and a soft buzzing feeling ran through my body to my heart, kind of like a gentle shock. It kind of hurt, but not as bad as I was already hurting.

"Mic isn't going with you?"

"I kind of freaked out on his yesterday when he said I couldn't help. I figured people might be injured and my dad is too, but he said I couldn't help," I said, swallowing hard. "Even if I wasn't allowed to help, I still wish I knew what had been going on. Frustrating."

"I'm sure. It's never fun to be fighting with parents."

"Yeah."

"Well if you want to talk to someone, I'm here," he said. "Or if you want I can get Mina to come find you."

"No thanks."

"Right," he said, tugging awkwardly at his neck. It was quiet for a second, Kaminari working along with me.

"Can I ask you a question?" I asked.

"Yeah of course," he replied, quickly.

"What happened to you?" I asked.

"Me?" He confirmed and I nodded. "Oh well, you heard we all got separated right? I got sent to the mountain terrain with my classmates Jirou and Momo. It didn't take much to take down the villains around us. Momo can make anything from her body so she made an electricity proof blanket, I think? Covered her and Jirou while I shocked them all. I kind of blacked out a little from using too much, but from what Jirou told me an electric villain threatened to kidnap me while I was out since my attack didn't work and a pro hero came to help."

"Woah," I said softly, turning my attention from my work to him.

"Yeah, though I do remember Jirou kicking me into some guy to electrocute him. She's pretty cool," he said. I don't know why, but I felt a slight pang in my chest.

"That's really cool you did that. How come you didn't stay back."

"Eh, I'm alright. Some of the out her students have it worse and like I said, I struggle to keep up outside of class."

"That's very brave," I said and I watched his face turn a slight pink. "How many were there?"

"Uh, I think 8 or 9. I can't really remember," he said, bashfully shrugging at me. I nodded, before his expression shifted. "I don't mean to be rude or anything, but you don't look so good."

"What?"

"You just look really tired," he said.

"I didn't sleep much, plus you know who my dad is," I said, shaking my head.

"I'm really sorry about what happened to your dad," he said again and I just nodded.

"Thanks." On one hand, if my dad knew I was here talking to Kaminari he would be angry with me, but on the other he was probably still passed out in some hospital bed. He wouldn't know and for the time being, I didn't feel like crying because Kaminari was here. That was good enough for me.

"Here, you circled the wrong one," he said, placing a hand over mine to stop my pencil. I peered at him carefully as he erased it for me. His face was still flushed with color, which was probably obviously juxtaposed by my sickly paleness this horrible morning. He circled B rather than C to match his paper, which upon my inspection was right.

"Thank you Kaminari," I said and he just shrugged me off, his face phasing into a darker shade of pink. "Are you okay?"

"Hah? Yeah," he said, chuckling and deflecting my attention.

"You look a little warm, are you su—" he nearly slapped my hand away as I reached for his forehead. I leaned back, surprised at his behavior.

"Sorry!" He called, bowing his head at me.

"No, I'm sorry. I didn't ask if I could touch you," I said. Although, it was apparent that he was a touchier person than I was. I assumed because of his quirk he wasn't really used to touching people, and now that he could he did so often. With my arm and my hand. His face looked even redder now and I deducted that he was actually embarrassed.

He seemed really quite awkward around me, and I wondered if I actually made him uncomfortable. I had only just told him my name 2 days ago and even though he appeared to want to still be friends, and said so himself, he still seemed bothered by the fact. Maybe he was bothered by something else, but I didn't know what. It had to do with me, to which I felt bad that I made him so uncomfortable. We continued working until the end of class. Hanako and Ryou waved goodbye to me, letting me pack up my bag.

"Do you want to walk to Art History together?" Kaminari asked and I nodded a solemn yes. "Hey, so I've been wondering since we met. You've got a medical quirk right?"

"Yeah."

"But your dad is Aizawa?"

"Mmhmm."

"And he's married to Present Mic?"

"Yes."

"But you're his blood daughter?"

"Yeah."

"How...how?" He asked and I paused.

"My mom has a medical quirk and a few months after I was born, she left me with Aizawa. I'm kind of a one-night-stand mistake," I sighed. "I got her quirk, plus a little of my dad's and my dad figured out he was gay for Present Mic, I guess. So they got married and now I have 2 dads and no idea where my mom is."

"Okay...how do you have a little of Aizawa-sensei's quirk?"

"I can diagnose and heal according to injury. The diagnosis makes my eyes turn different colors," I said. "Like how my dad's eyes are."

"Oh, that makes sense."

"Sure."

"So you don't know your mom at all?"

"Nope."

"Why don't you go look for her?" He asked and I paused. The thought had never occurred to me, just to go find her. I had been curious about her before. My father would be angry if I got too hung up on her.

"I don't know, I don't really want to get to know someone who abandoned me," I said and his face turned a stark white color.

"I'm sorry! Why did I say that?! I'm such a du—"

"It's okay, I never thought about trying to find her before. It's a valid question," I said. He just awkwardly stared at me as we entered the classroom. I felt Midnight place a hand on my head the minute I stepped foot in the room, her giving me a pitying look. She let me sit down and Kaminari watched intensely.

"So you know a lot of pros, huh?"

"Yeah," I replied.

"Like who?" He asked. He wasn't overly excited like some people get, which was a nice feeling. He wasn't all that into the famous side of my family. It was also comforting to know he was just trying to keep conversation with me. Normally when something sad happened, people would offer their condolences and leave me be, but he was adamantly trying to keep my attention on him and away from the disaster.

"All sorts. Like...you like any heroes?"

"Yeah, I like All Might obviously. Have you met Mount Lady?" He asked. I nodded and he smirked slightly. "She's pretty."

"Tell me something everyone doesn't know," I said and his smirk grew.

~~~

I dropped my bag at home, heading out for the train station. It wasn't that far of a walk to the hospital, but the train was faster. I headed out before Present Mic got home, ensuring that I wouldn't have to go with him. I stood in the cramped subway, my hair sticky from how humid it was.

There was a particularly queasy looking man seated with his child, who was bouncing in their spot. He looked almost green, probably not a fan of the rocky travel. I noticed the child's toy fall and stooped to pick it up.

"Excuse me, sir?" I asked. I placed a hand on his shoulder, holding out the toy. He took it, handing it to the child.

"Thank you," he said, followed by a smaller thank you from the kid. I placed my hand back on the rail, watching the natural color return to the man's face. He let out a sigh of relief, my healing hands having discretely subdued his nausea. We came to a heavy stop, the crowded train passengers sweeping me from the train cabin and to the street. I headed towards the hospital. There were a bunch of rather miserable looking people in one corner of the hospital, the rest of the hospital clean and quiet.

"Excuse me?"

"Yes?" A man working at the desk looked up at me.

"I'd like to visit a Shouta Aizawa," I said.

"Name?"

"(Y/n) Aizawa," I said. I watched the printer run and he immediately handed me a slip of paper with a clip. My name was spelled wrong, but I supposed that didn't really matter.

"3rd floor, room 328."

"Thank you."

"Oh my, Aizawa? Like the pro hero Eraserhead?" I glanced over at the person who had said it, seeing a woman standing up to talk to me.

"No, must be a coincidence," I lied, hurrying back. I took the long elevator up, my stomach tight. I made my way down, looking at the even numbered doors on the right. I knocked once when I reached 328, opening the door when there was a slight shuffle. I looked in, a completely bandaged figure craning their head to look at me. "Dad?"

"Yeah, it's me (y/n)."

My father's voice was easily recognizable. His entire face was covered in bandages, save his eyes so he could see and the bottom of his nose so he could breathe. Both his arms had been broken and wrapped, slung by his shoulders. I walked into the room hesitantly, my eyes burning as I saw how broken he looked. I approached and fixed his hair, though it was always messy.

"It's good to see you princess," he said, the bandages shifting with his mouth. How the hell was he supposed to even eat? I sniffled slightly, realizing he hasn't called me that in a long time. I gave up princess dresses a while ago.

"You can barely even see me," I murmured.

"Well sure I can," he said. "I can see you're crying, and you don't have to. I'm fine."

"Is this your definition of fine?" I asked.

"I'll survive."

"That's not better," I said, wiping at my face. He lifted an arm and I watched him wince. I stopped him, hugging gingerly around his neck. "I figured when you became a teacher you wouldn't get into stuff like this anymore."

"I thought that too." He could feel me obviously shaking. "(Y/n), you better not be using your quirk."

"But why not?!" I asked, letting go.

"You know you're not supposed to until you get your medical license."

"But if you just let me—"

"There are plenty of qualified nurses and doctors here with quirks that can help. No (y/n)," he warned and I just let out a sharp sigh. I tugged up a chair, collapsing in it. "I know you want to help, but you can't. I'm sorry. I promise that I'm being taken care of."

"I hate seeing this happen to you. It hurts," I said. His head turned to rest sideways on his pillow and look at me.

"You think that's enough to get your ol' man?" I glanced at him and cringed. "I'm fine and I promise I'll be fine as long as I have you to look after." I nodded, wiping my face again. "Don't cry princess, it's alright."

"I know," I sighed.

"You know Mic came and saw me earlier," he said. "Told me what happened last night."

"I know, I can't control my temper," I scoffed.

"Really, that's not what Mic said," my father disagreed. "He was so worried you would never speak to him again." I felt my stomach drop quicker than I could've ever prepared for. "He said, I believe, that he failed as a father figure."

"But he didn't—" I looked to my dad, stopping in my tracks. "Okay, I hear you. I'll talk to him."

"Thank you. I don't mean to pull the injured card, but it would be great for you to talk and work things out. I'd like to come home to a household that's not fighting."

"If you don't mean to pull the injured card, then why are you," I asked, pouting slightly. He just turned his head back.

"Okay so maybe I do mean to. Can't have my 2 favorite people fighting, now can I?"

"No."

"Good," he replied, letting out a huge sigh.

"You need anything dad?" I asked.

"No."

"Nothing?"

"Nope."

"Not one singular thing?"

"If you really insist on something, you can add a pillow," he said, nodding his head towards the small closet. I stood up, tugging one from the shelf.

"So had anyone else besides Mic come to see you?" I asked.

"Actually yes," he replied. I helped him forwards, placing the pillow under his head.

"Who?"

"Well early this morning I was visited by 2 students, Uraraka and Tsuyu," he said. It clicked in my head finally.

"Tsuyu? Is that the one Shigaraki almost—"

"Yes, but let's not talk so lightly about it all," he said. I shut my mouth, nodding and fluffing the pillows beneath his head and shoulders. "Later some of my more eccentric students visited, Sero, Ashido, and Kaminari." I tried not to perk up when I recognized those names.

"Oh," I replied.

"They came by just before you, Ashido asked about you. If you had come by yet," he said. "I did not know you were close to some of my students."

"Ah, I wouldn't say close," I said.

"Remember I got my book back from Ashido. I ran into her at the party," I said. "That's all. Nice she was concerned."

"(Y/n)?"

"Hmm?"

"You can stop fluffing now," he said and I let go.

"Right, Sorry," I said.

"No apologies needed," he replied. I yawned as I went to return to my chair. "You're tired, perhaps you should go home and nap?"

"But—"

"I know you didn't sleep last night."

"I di—" he looked to me with a firm gaze and I sighed.

"Alright."

"Mic will come get me in the evening. If you nap, then we can have dinner together," he said.

"And watch Mic feed you? Gross, but okay," I agreed and I watched the bandages shift into a smile. I stood, pressing a kiss to the bandages on his forehead. "Love you dad."

"I love you too," he replied, sinking back into the pillows. I headed for the door. I felt better about my father, now it was just Mic that was the problem. I shut his hospital room door, immediately running into the man himself.

"(Y/n)!" Mic tugged me into his chest so fast that the name tag pinned to my chest fluttered to the floor. A few nurses made means to tell him to quiet himself, but seeing the scene just let it be. Mic quieted himself anyways. "I'm so sorry kiddo! I never meant to upset you so much, I don't know how to do this. Oh and you came here all by yourself! Did you take the train by yourself, baby? Did anyone bother you? Touch you? Are you alright?"

"Mic."

"I'm such a bad father! I'm so sorry, I should do better next time!"

"Mic."

"I—"

"Mic!" I said, shoving him back. His hair was down, which I was used to at home, but we were in public. I guess it didn't really fit in the hospital, that made sense.

"Sorry," he said, brushing my hair behind my ears. I never wore it behind my ears, but I just let him fix me up. He looked so sick to his stomach. "What kind of father let's their kid take the subway by themselves like this?"

"It's okay. Dad taught me to fight, remember?" I said and he let out a breath.

"Oh God," he sighed, holding me by the shoulders. "I'm sorry (y/n). I never meant to make you feel like you weren't important. I just want to protect you and I have to do a good job for Shouta. I didn't want to worry you with what was happening or get you involved because if you got hurt, imagine how your father would feel. Imagine how I would feel! I should've at least told you more, you're almost an adult, I just went about this all wrong. I want to make sure you can talk to me and feel important and included and like you can help. I failed this time, but please don't hold this against me. You're helping just by being here kiddo." He finally stopped, letting out a big sigh.

"You didn't fail. You were just trying to do the best you could. That kind of situation is stressful, I know that's why you didn't want me involved. I know I'm not supposed to use my quirk," I said, feeling my eyes water. "I know my dad is important to you, and I know I am too. I shouldn't have said that you don't need him as much as I do or that I care more. That was not true, I was just frustrated."

I ducked my head, feeling my eyes spill over with tears. He ran his hands down my hair, smushing it down as he cupped my cheeks in his hands. He pulled my head to look up at him wearing a gentle smile. He kissed my forehead, pulling me back into a hug. He held my head tight to his chest and I finally sunk into his hug, gripping his shirt.

"I love you." He didn't tack on any kind of 'kid' or 'kiddo', just letting me know that he cared about me for who I was. It was odd knowing I had basically grown up with him around.

"I love you too," I replied. I thought for a second that I might call him dad, but it didn't come out of my mouth. That was fine. I had never hugged or had any sort of moment with Mic like this. He let go, patting my head one last time.

"You heading home?"

"Yeah, I am," I replied.

"You okay to take the subway by yourself?"

"I did to get here," I said, wiping my face with my sleeve.

"Alright, good," he said. "I'll see you at home. Take a nap. I could hear you pacing last night."

"I know, I'm under strict orders by dad to take a nap," I said, gesturing towards his hospital room. Mic smiled before gently pushing me off. He was to stay until my father was released.

I felt the weight lifted from my chest, smiling even as I returned the clip to the front desk. The receptionist crushed my name tag, tossing it in the trash as I left. I turned to head back to the train station.

"Can you just pick a place already?" An annoyed voice asked. "We've been loitering here for like 45 minutes."

"Oh hey (y/n)!!" I glanced over at the group, spotting Kaminari, Ashido, and Sero. It appeared that Sero had been the one complaint about their lack of vigor in picking a place to go. I waved, figuring they would just say hello and move on. Ashido waved me over, however, forcing me to approach them.

"Hey, visiting your dad?" Kaminari asked. I nodded and he smiled calmly back at me. His eyes were trained on mine and I realized that I had been crying a lot in the past hour. I probably had smudged make up or puffy eyes. None of them said anything however, knowing I was having a rough time.

"We're heading to a bubble tea place," Ashido said, Sero sighing in relief. It seemed the place was finally decided. "Wanna come with?"

"Oh, no. I actually don't have any money with me so—"

"As if you're paying," she said.

"Yeah, I can pay for you," Kaminari offered.

"No, I can't let you do that for me," I said.

"Sure you can! It's just a bubble tea," he shrugged.

"I don't—"

"I insist," he said and I silenced myself, nodding.

"Thank you," I replied.

"No prob cutie," he said, nudging me slightly. I just smiled awkwardly back. If he was treating me, I figured I would let him get away with that one.

"I'm Sero, if you never caught it," Sero said and I nodded, smiling gingerly at him.

"So, I think the bubble tea place is that way," Mina said.

"You think?"

"Oh shut it," Mina said, leading the way. Kaminari looked back at me, seeing that I hesitated following the group.

"Come on (y/n)," he said, offering up a hand. His fingers stretched out to me and I glanced down at the gesture, letting out a breath. I slipped my hand into his, watching him light up and pull me quickly with him to catch up with Ashido and Sero. I felt my face turn a gentle pink, a slightly smile on my face as I squeezed his hand tighter, trying hard to not let go.

~Caly

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

324K 12.1K 39
It had been years since Shouta Aizawa had seen his sister - his life led him a different path and he couldn't bare looking back. She had never resent...
44.1K 982 34
𝓒𝓸𝓶𝓹𝓵𝓮𝓽𝓮𝓭 Their second year at UA High begins and Kaminari Denki gets all excited. Especially when his best friend Jirou Kyouka is there wit...
57.2K 1.7K 42
**This is an EraserDust story! (Aizawa x Shigaraki)** "My name isn't Eraserhead, by the way. It's Shouta Aizawa. You should know that, shouldn't you...
100K 3.3K 31
Shinso finally made it into class 1-A. This his dream. After years of working with his Dad, Aizawa, to gain the muscle and work ethic it takes to be...