A Final Request Before Saying...

Per iliannabinoche

RomePi™ Webisode Productions brings you Southern Christian Community Curvy Romance Episodes created by Andrea... Més

COPYRIGHT DISCLOSURE
♡1♡ Amazing Grace (BWWM)
♡2♡ The Good Samaritan (BWWM)
♡3♡ Imperfections (BWWM)
♡4♡ If Only They Knew (BWWM)
♡5♡ The Pastor's Son (BWWM)
♡6♡ Fast Friends (BWWM)
♡7♡ Olivier (BWWM)
♡8♡ Clarification (BWWM)
♡9♡ The Wounded (BWWM)
♡10♡ Her Broken Heart (UPDATED 03/11/2022)
♡11♡ Conflicted (UPDATED 03/11/2022)
♡12♡ The Sermon (UPDATED 03/11/2022)
♡14♡ Blessings (UPDATED 03/11/2022)
♡15♡ A Love Sacrifice (UPDATED 03/11/2022)
♡16♡ I Promise To (UPDATED 03/11/2022)
♡17♡ (UPDATED 10/23/2022)
AUTHOR'S NOTES

♡13♡ Family (UPDATED 03/11/2022)

68 4 0
Per iliannabinoche

REFLECTIONS

It wasn't her intention to become best friends with her nurse, but they had so much in common that she was simply moved to share her life with her caretaker in a way it was hard to actually explain. In truth, she was fully aware of Kylin's need for closeness as much if not more than what she required for herself. Even though the nurse made an earnest attempt to maintain a professional distance, she became someone who was regarded by the Yates as a valued member of their family.

The ladies continued their routine as friends. Ruthanne finally opened up to Kylin about all that she too had lost before her illness became the focal point of her life. In her nurse, she felt the freedom to admit her fear of what was to come after not truly fulfilling all the duties of a wife.

"What do you mean?" It was as if a question mark appeared on her nurse's forehead as she listened to her patient reveal secrets she hadn't revealed to anyone other than her husband.

"I've always craved the joy of becoming a mother. A sweet little juicy baby with tiny feet and itty bitty hands has been the one thing I could never give my husband, and I have regretted it every day of my life." She finally whispered the words that haunted her consciousness.

Kylin's furrowed brows forced her to make it all plain and clear. She desperately felt it was time to release the burden of the secret she had carried around for the last six years.

"I had three miscarriages... two little boys and one little girl," Ruthanne confessed as she stared out the window. The sound of Kylin's breath hitching in her throat brought the sickly woman back to their conversation to find that her care provider's mouth had frozen in a small 'O'. She reached out and patted the younger woman's hand.

"I'm so sorry. I... uhmm... never expected you to say that." Kylin looked away a bit confused by the confession.

"It's okay. It's not like it's your fault. I'm sorry to put something so heavy on you. It's just that... I haven't had anyone else that I felt comfortable to share my loss with until I met you." Ruthanne commented as she wrapped a light blanket around herself to protect against a chill that only she felt.

"I understand how hard it can be to talk to others about the loss of a child. Most people don't understand how you feel. They want you to get over it quickly and heal in their time. They don't understand we all must grieve in our own way." The words flowed without thought as tears accompanied her connection with her patient's suffering.

As the women confessed the smothering pains they had carried around in their souls, Rhys listened from right outside the room. Tears flowed from both sides of that door for what had already occurred and what they collectively knew was to come.

For once, since she lost her family, Kylin allowed herself to mourn and grieve their passing. No counselor, co-worker, family, or friend was successful at helping her to let it all out the way Ruthanne had unselfishly allowed her nurse to lose herself. Kylin cried until she was too weak to stand and Ruthanne joined in her lamentation.

Completely rung out after their crying session, the ladies rested on the sofa only to drift off to sleep once so much mental weight had been released.

Kylin's actions were totally against her company's policy. To allow herself to become so intricately entangled in a patient's life, was unprofessional on so many levels. Even though she always followed the rules, for once, since the last time her husband held her in the safety of his arms, Kylin was able to drift into a peaceful night's sleep. It was only due to the time she spent acknowledging her hurt instead of running away from it.

♡♡♡

The morning alarm blaring from her phone forced Kylin right out of the deep sleep she was thoroughly enjoying. Sunshine confirmed her suspicions that it was another day. Her mind drifted back to the previous evening when the two ladies passed out next to one another on the sofa. Since she knew exactly where that occurred, Kylin was alarmed to find that somehow she had been placed on the bed in one of the guest bedrooms.

Thinking back to the previous evening, she clearly recalled sitting on one of the sofas in the sitting room and she knew with great certainty that she hadn't encountered one person who worked for the Yates family who would have been strong enough to pick her up.

It drove her to distraction thinking about the fact that someone was close to her while she was unconscious. Kylin knew better than to do something as silly as fall asleep like that. Never since she became a nurse had she crossed that line. She admonished her behavior and insisted it was time to focus on the patient caretaker relationship by not crossing the line while at work.

Getting too close to the family would only serve to blur her mind and affect the way in which she carried out the responsibilities of her position. Kylin insisted it was time to snap out of it and get a grip on herself before she did something she would regret.

♡♡♡

THE CONTRACT

After her misstep, their normal schedule was followed to the letter. Ruthanne spent much of her time with her nurse by her side. They kept her numerous appointments with most of the time spent in deep discussion. But lately, she realized their interactions were off after Ruthanne revealed the loss of her children to Kylin.

"What's wrong?" Ruthanne questioned the noticeably distant young woman.

A few minutes passed as if she had no desire to respond to the question. She knew something was terribly wrong. Kylin had never been so distant from her since the first day they met.

"Did I offend you in some way?" The patient asked her nurse.

"Why would you say that?" Kylin questioned the older woman.

"Lately, you have been so distant and cold. I was just wondering if I did or said something that upset you?" Ruthanne asked.

"Mrs. Yates, I hope you can understand how important it is for us to maintain the patient-nurse relationship. You are such a wonderful person, but I should have never allowed myself to get so close. It is completely unacceptable in my line of work." Ruthanne was shocked by Kylin's admission.

It hadn't previously crossed her mind that the friendship that had developed between herself and Kylin might be seen as inappropriate. She listened to Kylin's words and after a long conversation with her husband, they came to a conclusion.

"I understand your concern but don't worry about it. We'll take care of everything." Ruthanne smiled with confidence later that day.

♡♡♡

Should she decide to look for employment with another company, it was highly unlikely they would employ her after the steps taken by Minister and Mrs. Yates.

They reached out to Magdalena Armand and bought out Kylin's contract. Once that minor detail was addressed, the couple employed Kylin as their personal nurse. They explained that she was the one person with whom they found the greatest amount of comfort and that no other nurse would be accepted should Kylin leave them.

She knew everything about their situation was wrong on a professional level because it was one hundred percent out of line with how things should have occurred, but her patient's latest hospitalization made it impossible for her to leave the people who had warmly welcomed her in as a member of the family.

Ruthanne lay in a hospital bed for six days after they welcomed Kylin into the home as their personally hired live-in nurse.

♡♡♡

SO LITTLE TIME

After two weeks, there were no changes in her condition. Kylin spent most of her time sitting by Ruthanne's bedside as a companion. The hospital nurses took care of Ruthanne's medication and treatments. Her doctors visited her daily in the hospital room as she lay too weakened from a serious infection.

Kylin listened to every conversation in order to prepare herself for the hour when Minister Yates arrived at the hospital. He was always eager to know what steps were taken to bring his wife back to good health. On one particular evening, she had no improvements to report. instead of seeing improvement, the doctors
commented that she was actually in decline.

After receiving a report from his wife's personal nurse, Minister Yates spoke with the hospital nursing staff. The nurse on duty repeated the same information that Kylin had already relayed to him when he first walked through the door.

That information prompted him to step out into the hall with the hospital nurse to discuss what was certain to be more unpleasant news.

As soon as the door closed behind her husband, Ruthanne grabbed Kylin's hand making her nearly jump out of her skin.

"Oh, sweet Lord. You nearly gave me a heart attack." She squeaked as she held the hand to her chest.

Ruthanne waved for Kylin to lean down close to her face. When she was finally close enough to hear what her patient had to say, she was left in a daze.

"I know... this is asking too much..." To witness her patient lying on the bed struggling to breathe, the frailty of the woman who had become her friend reminded Kylin of her solemn duty. For so long, she behaved as if Ruthanne would be fine, but at that moment, her fragile disposition convicted the nurse as she was forced to acknowledge that her patient's health appeared to be in jeopardy.

"Please..." Her chest rattled as her fluid-filled lungs struggled for much-needed oxygen.

"What would you like for me to do?" Kylin asked as she hovered a few inches above the woman's face.

"I need you to make me a promise... please." The tears in her voice brought fear to Kylin's heart as she witnessed Ruthanne's entire body shake with the effort required to speak.

♡♡♡

Ruthanne knew it was wrong to expect her nurse to make such an unimaginable sacrifice. With each passing day, she felt as if her seconds were slowly but surely decreasing. Based on the way her body had been responding to treatment lately, she believed her time was so severely limited. She was prepared to do exactly what she felt was right regardless of what other people thought of her.

With no time to waste, Ruthanne petitioned her friend for help with just one last act of kindness.

♡♡♡

"The best way for Wattpad to know how you feel about stories like mine is when you Comment & Vote. Your interactions are totally up to you, but hearing from you really helps and encourages me to write the stories you enjoy reading.

Thanks so much for your support."

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

Love After You Per Shunice Davies

Literatura romàntica

2K 305 31
Jessica's stomach fluttered, her gaze dropping to his lips then back up again. "I always hated my hair colour growing up." She observed, why did peop...
6.5K 248 30
[complete] #2 "This isn't amusing. You're smiling, and your face is all bruised and bleeding. Is that not putting you in more pain?" Ren shifted on h...
9.8K 684 72
*MATURE BECAUSE*: It contains serious, sensitive and triggering topics like self-harm, unhealed trauma, assault, murders, etc. Reader discretion is a...
19K 1.1K 76
Part 1: Today was supposed to be my fairytale day. My perfect wedding day. I made my way to David, he took my hand in his, walking us closer to the l...