She's My Cliche ( Alpha Tamin...

By PriestessSummer

Book 2 Alpha Taming Axton hit his head on the wall for the hundredth time. Maybe. He stopped counting, and t... More

A/N & Glossary
1 The Run (edited)
2 The Lunas and Stories (Edited )
3 Wolf Point Montana ( Edited )
5 Getting to Know You
6 More Unexpected Surprises..
7 Wedding Bells & Alphas
8 Fight And Attack
9 Holding Moonwater
10 The Luna's Birthday's
11 Meeting Time.
12 Gaagii, Tye, and The Wolves Agreement / Going Home
13 Pain and Sweetness
14 Sucker Punches & Wild Roses
15 Travel & Family
16 The Hunted
17 You Can't Drown an Omega
18 An Attack on Farven
19 People Watching
20 Penetrate Death Valley
21 An Ally, A Girl, and Her Horse
22 Journey to Death Valley
23 Battle for the Century

4 The Thunder Basin (Edited)

4.6K 144 19
By PriestessSummer

JULY

Jason slowed down finally when they reached the boarder of Wyoming. They still had a bit of a run to go though. The Thunder Basin was up near the top of the state. Tye was nodding off a bit. His poor human body needed a break. Jason could only imagine how sore his little Kitten was by now.

The large wolf suddenly sat down causing Tye to slip off with a thud. He yelped, and glared up at Jason from under him now. " You asshole! A little warning would have been nice idiot." He snapped.

Jason shifted back suddenly, and very naked. Tye looked away blushing furiously. Jason laughed, and leaned down to Tye. " Awe is Kitten shy again? " He smiled and gave Tye a small kiss to the forehead. " You must be very sore right now. I know humans aren't used to running so much. Or riding for that matter. Sorry. It's been a long run so far. Unfortunately, we still have a little while to go. The Thunder Basin is still kind of far away. "

Tye watched Jason in awe. Until he mentioned the Thunder Basin. " The what? Thunder Basin?" He asked curiously.

" Yes, it's a vast grassland. We can party to our hearts desires there. It's kind of plain, but very open land. Not to many people coming or going. Animals of all kinds. Old oil rigs and farm lands. It's perfect. " He smiled. " Ricardo says he can hear me throwing a tantrum or partying all the way in Spain.. oh Spain South Dakota that is. His hearing is scary. " He chuckled.

" The name sounds perfect for you. " He giggles softly. " I'm jealous. You have such good friends. " He played with Jason's hair, and brought it up to his lips tenderly.

" Only because we've been there for each other all of our lives. I don't know if we could stand each other if we hadn't all ran away at the same time. Thanks to that we were able to help each other. I'm thankful. " He smiled as he watched his beautiful Luna play with his hair. Jason never knew he could be so entranced by the actions of one guy. One perfect, beautiful, amazing guy.

" I hated growing up in Death Valley. It was unbearably hot during the day, freezing at night. Hard training. Conditioning to be able to adapt to the land. Mean ass kids. But, I got by. Ruder's father was very kind to me. Treated me like the best kid in the world. Maybe because his own kid acted like a brat. " He shrugged.

" Death Valley? My friends and I went from pack to pack destroying omega slavery as we called it. We were rebelious. Acting out with our new found ranks. We talked for hours about where we wanted to visit on our little tour. I have to say I've always wanted to see Death Valley and the Mojave Dessert. I got very lucky it seems. "

" What do you mean? My life is in this bag here. I didn't have much more. Nothing I can't live without. " He smiled.

He nodded, " Yes, but I have a feeling Ruder isn't done yet. He'll call me out eventually. When he thinks I let my guard down. " He poked Tye's nose gently, and playfully. " Little does he know I won't have to have my guard down to protect you. " He smirked.

Tye got a nervous feeling. It settled in the pit of his stomach. " J-jason.. what do you mean by that?"

" Oh Kitten.. I'm going to put you through some hellish training. Even if you don't want to get involved with my actual work I'll make damn sure you can protect yourself at least. I'm the strongest for a reason. I can manipulate my emotions well enough to hide them. Push them away completely when nessicary. Destroy my enemies without them even being aware of my presense. Kill ruthlessly, and without remorse. I'm an absolute abomination of a man. My weaknesses are my people, and now my beautiful mate. " He sighed softly. Jason stayed where he was. He was leaned over Tye, sitting with his legs to the side of him.

He was leaning on his hand next to Tye's waist. His sky blue, long locks fell gracefully over his shoulder, cascading to the ground next to them, and offering them privacy. His green eyes stayed locked with his chocolate brown orbs. It was perfect. Just the two of them. Tye was completely at peace with this. He memorized this moment. Never wanting it to end, but of course it had to.

The nerves that settled in the pit of his stomach weren't going away. Tye sighed, and continued playing with Jason's hair. He looked away. " I'm to fragile aren't I? I know it's true. I'm no where near as strong as even the weakest wolves. I feel pathetic. "

" You aren't pathetic. You are weak, but not stupid I bet. Wits can get you out of sticky situations just as strength. "

He nodded a little. Jason sat back just a little as Tye continued. " You aren't wrong. But, I'm a liability. A human. A male that can't give you kids at that. " He paused, and Jason hummed in response. Mainly to let him know he was listening. " I don't mind your work either. It's admirable that you can do what you do. Every little boy's dream. It's just.. I don't think I can do it. I'm not very flexible. I'm not fast. I'm not nimble enough. You are like a freaking ninja. "

Jason laughed. " I guess you can put it that way. " He leaned down again over Tye's hair. " Hold still. You have something in your hair. "

"Well... He will. " Ores said softly. The wolf snickered softly. Happily. That was a nice change.

Jason was weaving wild flowers into Tye's hair. He'd watched his sister so it before she ran away.

Tye fidgeted under his alpha. " You sure about that? It seems like your putting something in my hair. " He whined.

" Well .. maybe I did. Get your phone and look. " He shrugged softly, and smirked watching Tye dig in his backpack for his phone. The boys face blushed deeply in the camera.

" Wha-"

" My sister used to do it to me. I've always had long hair, and she loved weaving flowers through it. I loved it to. Before she ran away. That was during my father's rule. Before I took over. " He smiled and rested his head on his hand, and his arm on his knee. " I will always take care of you. Never push you into anything you don't want to do. But, I will insist that you learn more self defense. Be invincible with me. "

Tye nodded, stunned by Jason. His words were honey, and he was falling further and further into the rabbit hole, chasing after the wolf. " I will. I'll do everything I can. Just don't expect me to be able to keep up very well. "

" I'll take it as slow as you need. We'll work on basics, and advanced techniques. I'll help you stretch. I'll have Mika train you for speed and agility. She is a goddess sent with that. And I will personally teach you the art of my tribe. The stealth and killer instincts you need to make quick decisions. Everything you need, I'll do. " He promised.

Tye smiled, and sat up himself. " Okay. Thank you. I've never been very good at most training. Did well enough to get by. But, I'm sure I'll get better with your help. I know I can. "

Jason nodded. " I hate to make you move so soon, but if we don't, we might be found by rouges or nomadic wolves. Not all of them are friendly. We have to move to the Thunder Basin now. "

Tye sighed, and stood slowly. " Yeah I guess your right. Don't get me wrong I love how soft you are, and how it feels to ride a wolf.. I am one sore boy though. " He laughed a little. Tye stretched, and winced as his sore muscles screamed in pain. The same position for hours wasn't very comfortable. It down right hurt like hell. " Come on. Take me home so you can start torturing me with that training you mentioned. "

Jason smiled happily, and shifted again. He stayed low to the ground for Tye to climb back onto his back. As he got settled, Jason stood, and stretched his legs as well. He let out a loud howl as a warning before he took off towards home.

The Thunder Basin.

~~~~~~~~

Thumps of base could be heard from miles away. Though, most humans would simply see it as old oil rigs. Or maybe the hoof beats of wild herds of animals. Even if they weren't in sight. Jason stopped for a moment. He sat when Tye didn't slide off. Just him sitting made Tye slide off.

Tye came around to the front of the giant wolf. " What now? " He asked crossing his arms. The scenery on the way was beautiful. Large open plains. Herds of animals were hidden away from normal human eyes, cliffs rose from flat ground. There was nothing at all stopping the breezes from blowing around them, and whip his hair around like crazy. He loves this. It was drastically different from Death Valley. At least in his opinion.

Jason snorted a little and covered his ears with his paws. Then looked at Tye expectantly. When he didn't cover his ears he did it again. Eventually a look of recognition passed over Tye's face. " You want me to cover my ears... Why?"

Tye did as asked of him. Even though he was annoyed by it. Not to mention found it ridiculous. Jason wasn't shifting to talk to him either. He huffed, and once Jason inspected him to make sure he had his ears decently covered the wolf nodded.

Jason turned towards the thumps. They were only audible. You couldn't yet feel them, though much closer and you might. He let out an incredible howl. One people talked about around these parts of the states.

Tye winced and clamped down on his ears tighter. "Fucking hell. Much louder, and I would probably pass out. His howl is giving me a headache..." The thumps echoing throughout the valley suddenly died down. In it's stead a chorus of howls returned to the two. They sounded happy. They sounded ghostly. He shivered standing next to Jason.

Jason panted softly, and leaned over on Tye gently. He laid his large head right on top of Tye's, and waited. They just waited. It was confusing. Until the sound of pads of paws hitting the ground could be heard coming from all around them.

Tye shrunk back into Jason. He growled at the heavy paws circling them. For a moment they grew steadily quiet in the dusk. The sun was going down, casting shadows everywhere. Odd for an open grassland he thought. He stayed silent. Afraid to ruin whatever Jason was doing. After all he was human, and wolves tended to be a bit guarded towards humans. At best.

Jason softly nuzzled Tye, and returned his gaze into the grass. His eyes had a glazed look again. Surely talking to someone through his pack link. Just something Tye could be jealous of.

No big deal.

Jason out his massive paw on Tye's shoulder, and the boy was pushed gently away from his chest. Tye stumbled away from the furry chest. He looked down to see a cute little puppy. He smiled brightly. " Awe. Such a cutie. " He held his hand out for the pup to sniff. " No biting. I will bite back. Forgive me if I do. It's my only means of defense against kids. " He chuckled.

The pup sniffed his hand and tilted it's head. Jason walked up beside Tye and playfully nudged the little wolf. He smiled and laughed a little as the little pup struggled against the alpha. Meanwhile Jason had a paw against it's head. Just holding it in place with an amused glint in his eyes. He looked at Tye, and let the little wolf go suddenly. It rolled forward, and landed on Tye's foot in a little ball.

" I don't think you're ready for him yet. " He chuckled, and scooped it up in his arms. " You really are a cute little fur ball. " He scratched softly between it's ears. Other sets of eyes came from the taller grass around them. Tye knew they were there, but seeing them unsettled him a bit.

Jason's pack had come to greet their alpha. All surprised when he stood there with someone. His head rested gently on them, protecting them, sheltering them. His beta's daughter was one of the only ones to carelessly walk up to the human. They could tell. Everyone could. Everyone was uneasy. Perhaps just as uneasy as Tye himself.

He sat down crosslegged and out the little wolf in his lap. He pet it's head, if for any reason to at least calm himself, and waited then out. He knew he needed to be quiet and calm. A bunch of little yips and barks hit him as he was overran with kids.

Or well. . Wolf pups.

He giggled and struggled to sit up with them all curiously sniffing him. One even nipped playfully at him. Jason rolled over on his side, and trapped that one. More wolves came out around their alpha. Tye smiled at them.

"Well.. at least they're coming out for Jason.. they haven't attacked me yet. That's also a good thing. "

One also large wolf brought a bundle up to Jason. Then shifted itself. Tye looked away and covered the eyes of the pup in his lap. The man laughed and shook his head. " Is this who you brought home for us Jason? A little blushing human? "

Jason grunted, and shifted as well finally. " If it is?" He muttered challengingly.

" He's adorable. That's all. " The man shrugged. He covered himself, and turned his attention to Tye. " Names James. I'm the delta. Jason recently kicked his beta out. Something about not liking him?"

Jason rolled his eyes. " He made several weird advances on me. When I told him to stop he got violent. I got rid of him before I killed him. And, I told you before James, you are the beta now. No blabbering about being to old for it. Your barley thirty. " He shrugged, and dressed for the moment.

James shrugged as well. He was tall like Jason, and built as well. His hair was buzz cut on the sides, multicolored, and styled kind of like a mohawk. Except it was short. He was older than Jason as well. Tye was glad to see that his mate could trust the older generation living in his pack enough to see potential. The man's eyes danced with amusement. That must have been a normal thing.

His daughter in Tye's lap sprung upwards, pawing at his nose. " Settle down now little bit. " He gave his attention to the beta. " I'm Tye. I guess, since he brought me home, that makes me your Luna?" He smiled and stood careful not to disturb any of the little wolf pups. He sat the troublemaker down, and it whimpered.

James watched him handle his daughter's mischievous ways with ease. He was truly going to be capable of some wonderful things when he got the hang of being Luna. " So, I'll be blunt. When did you know you were gay?"

.....

If looks could kill James would be six feet under from two directions. Jason looked like he was holding himself back with great effort. Tye however gave him some serious chills. His calm demeanor, sweet smile, and closed eyes told him he was in deep shit. However Tye surprised him by taking a deep breath, and kind of chuckled.

" You really shouldn't ask such things bluntly. But, I admire the courage. It's not like I'm ashamed that I am, and honestly I'm still learning about myself. Especially since I didn't know until this morning when I had my first encounter with Jason. " He scratched his neck a little nervously. " But, it feels right. And I'm more than willing to learn, and give things a chance. "

James nodded as if it made so much sense. " So.. why are you mated to a human?"

"Does it matter?"

"A little. We need to make sure he's kept safe. "

" Because I am. Wouldn't have it any other way. Especially that crazy bitch. "

James shivered, " Quiet she'll hear you. " He laughed and then gave them a small nod. " But, in all seriousness, we can trust him right? He needs be protected as well."

Jason waved him off. " He's from Death Valley. He can handle himself. At least a little. Some asshole named Ruder tried to make him leave with him though. I had to teach him a lesson in how to be friends with a gay guy. That hard way. "

" Ahh, so in other words, we have a possible fight on our hands?" James asked irritated that someone would still try to seperate mates.

" Probably. I've always wanted to go to Death Valley though. I don't mind in the least little bit. Have to get the rest of Tye's things as well. He wasn't allowed to bring them. "

" More like Ruder didn't want me to. He always did like me under his thumb. Don't know why. He hated me. "

Jason smiled over to him, " Kitten, sometimes people can't even process their own emotions well enough to treat people how they honestly want to. From the way he acted, I have no doubt in my mind he would have claimed you for himself. Even if he did have a mate. He would have most likely kept you around like other packs used to keep omegas around. "

Tye was lost. He didn't think Ruder liked him in that way. He had always flat out said he hated him. He looked at James when he cleared his throat.

" He probably doesn't know about omegas pasts. " He looked at Tye. " Entertainment. "He said using air quotes. Tye blushed deeply. That was all that needed to be said. He understood why they weren't talking much more in the subject. Children were present. He nodded instead of comment back.

Jason looked out at everyone. Patiently waiting. They weren't on edge anymore, or in defensive mode. Instead they were curious, and happy. " Come on .. meet your Luna Wakinyan. "

Tye glanced at Jason curiously. " Wakinyan? That's a mouth full. What does it mean. "

Jason smiled at his curiosity, " Thunderer. Ancient name passed down in the pack. We don't change it because it reminds us of where we came from. Sort of. Plus it suits us. "

" I can agree with that. " He smiled. Different wolves came up to him, and circled him. Some sniffed him. Most just watched him happily. It was the quietest Luna introduction he had ever seen. It was odd, but it felt natural. This was nice.

Never one for flashy or long ceremonies, Jason just let the pack meet new people, in this case they're Luna, as they were. Natural, and one with nature. It was calm, and he knew everyone was more at home in their fur than skin with new people. Who wouldn't be? Of course once in the town again they'd be different. Back to the nearly constant party. By then Tye would simply be one of them. It was normally a win win with visitors.

Most visitors never left.

~~~~~~

"Let's head home guys. It's late. Get the bonfire going, relax, enjoy the night. As always. Training starts first thing in the morning. Tye will be training with us. We will not treat him differently because he is human. He'll be doing my personal course of training, so he can protect himself and the others in our pack. " Jason announced quickly, and loudly. The wolves seemed to fall into a formation. It was amazing. It was like they were assuming battle positions. Even the kids.

Tye watches in awe. The beta stripped down, and shifted back. He stood beside Jason proudly, daring anyone to lash out against his word.

" Okay. Home!" He snapped. The wolves howled in harmony, And turned to run back to their homes.

Thunderer.

It suited them well. They sounded like thunder across the grassland. Their paws hitting the ground echoed off the cliffs and over the empty space. The insects even stopped chirping to allow the wolves their space. He was awestruck. Sure Jason had told him about the pack a little, but nothing compared to seeing it in person.

" This is amazing. You are awesome. " He whispered.

Jason shook his head in disagreement. " No Tye. I'm respected. They look to me for survival, and I promise them life. One just can't exist without the other. It's the same with the other Alphas you met at The Run. Each is unique in his own way.

Jayce is a ruthless fighter when nessicary. He always does what's best for the pack. Over himself. Over Mika to an extent. He started to single handedly rebuild the houses of his pack after he gained his Luna. She changed him for the better. Soon people were coming outside again. Helping rebuild.

She is most likely the reason you had a delta ranking in your pack.

Ricardo treats his pack like one big family. He doesn't tolerate disobedience though. It's a peeve of his. That's why he seems so rough around the edges. Did I tell you, Mika scared him when they met? She also opened his eyes A little more. And bruised his feet learning to dance. Esme has never been more smitten with him. It's like they fell in love all over again.

Carter is a recluse, but he looks out for his people. He is the richest alpha in the United States. Owns most of Cali. Secretly. He is smart as hell, has made friends with the neighboring vampires in Oregon and Washington. Because of him we were able to save so many girls from Darius. He went straight to them when he found out that they took Mika from a moving vehicle. They tracked Darius through rouge after rouge. Wiped out mixed were/vampires. The ones not naturally made that is. Or rather should I say non-mates or rouges that had vampiric abilities. Which lead Axton to Mika.

Finally, Axton.. He is a strange boy. His parents care only about high society. Etiquette, fine dining, speech, and manners. It's all he ever knew growing up before he snapped. The boy is vicious, but caring. Wolfe helps him control his anger issues. But, sometimes even Wolfe can't stop him. Jayce taught him to fight. To survive in the wild. I can't tell you the number of times he's come back from a hunting trip with animals already carved, gutted, skinned, ready to be cooked or eaten as is. It's a little disturbing.

He could be a tyrant in the making. If that's the case, as kids we all agreed we'd take care of the situation. I don't want to. But, I made a promise. I will if I have to. If Wolfe ever gets so utterly pissed that he loses control completely... Well there may be no coming back for Axton. Or his brother Vex for that matter. Vex was fortunate to meet his mate before his Run. He isn't even old enough to participate yet. Lucky bastard.

Axton loves his pack. He loves to cook, and clean, and busy himself with remedial chores. All so he doesn't have to listen to his parents martyr him. The hypocrites have the pack wrapped around their fingers. They don't see Axton for the alpha he truly is. Almost no one does. I hate to think about when he does finally snap completely. He got better when he vowed to take Mika in as a big sister. But, that can only last so long.

He needs Linzie. He needs to accept her, but he'll push her away. Keep her at an arms length while he holds himself together by threads. All so his parents don't demean her like they have done and continue to do to Tia and Vex. "

" Why do they treat them badly? " Tye asked softly watching the stars now as they walked side by side towards his new home.

" Vex's mother was an Irish omega. She came from over seas to look for her mate, and was taken in by a very bad man. He kept her with the other omega slaves in Axton's pack. His father took a fancy to her, and got her pregnant. Took Vex, and left her to die. And, she did. " He heard Tye gasp. It was expected. Axton's father was a bastard.

" Tia was found in Rico's territory. Kept in a basement with several others. Mistreated and malnourished. Abused. Vex's mate. His parents allowed her to stay, but forced her to be a maid in the main house. At this point they'd spent so much money they couldn't afford one. They'd put the pack in massive debt. Every chance they get they try to hurt Tia, hold her over Vex's head.

Axton is a good man at heart. He's kept them safe. Vows to always protect his little brother. It's sad, but the truth.

His mother is a shallow woman. He hates her guts. Axton is her perfect cover child. That's it. She adores his looks, and treated him decently when he acted right according to them. But, behind closed doors, his father beats him and his mother cheers him on. He literally beat everything into him. It's disgusting.

I just hope.. that they won't get to Linzie. She deserves the best, and so does Axton. "

Tye nodded. He wiped the tears that dared to threaten to spill down his cheeks. " No one deserves that. I'm so lucky. To have you. To have been treated as well as i was as a kid. "

" Luck has nothing to do with it. It's fate. We were always supposed to meet. And, I'll never let anyone hurt you. Or at least I'll try. " Jason tilted Tye's head back, and kissed him gently.

Tye responded by deepening it until cheers started up around them. He quickly pushed Jason away and blushed madly. " I-i'll hold you to that..." He chewed on his lip gently.

"Now that our little couple is here we can party! The kids are in bed and the wolves are out to play!" James yelled standing on a very colorful fountain with a large bottle of vodka in his hand.

" Holy shit you weren't lying about it being colorful. . Or a party. "

Jason laughed, and took Tye's hand as he lead him through the colorful place he called home. " Not at all. "

Tye had never seen such a place before. Every building was covered from top to bottom in colorful tags, paintings, murals, random lettering, and still being painted on. Not one brick was left out. Everything was a rainbow of color. The streets were decorated as well. So far the sidewalks were the only thing left their natural color, and it seemed strange.

"Ahh that makes much more sense. "

They passed a group of kids drawing's on the sidewalk. He smiled. They left places for kids to draw as well. How sweet. He giggled a little, and shifted the backpack on his shoulder.

Jason swiftly took it with a gentle smile. " Come on. Let's get you home and settled in. "

Tye nodded with a light blush. " That does sounds nice. Some rest. A bath... Or um .. shower. "

Jason nodded, " Bath. Definitely a bath. No shame in a relaxing bath. " He agreed. " They work the soreness out of your muscles, give you time to relax, and sometimes let you cuddle~"

The boy blushed, and smiled. " Someone is getting mushy.. Don't start rumbling again Jason~"

He rolled his eyes. " As much as I hate it.. you night be right. I should give you time before I start going all alpha matey on you. Especially when you are human. The only thing I won't negotiate on is that you sleep by me. "

" I guess I can agree to that. I appreciate it as well. This will be a lot to get used to, but I'm glad to have the chance to. " He'd been watching everything as they went by. Yet, he had a feeling he was going to get lost. A lot. While the colorful town was nice, it was also confusing. He didn't really notice when Jason stopped in front of his place.

He ran into Jason's back, and stopped abruptly. " Sorry! I wasn't paying attent-" he stopped talking to stare.

"Like it? I actually painted my own house. I even left a place for you to complete it. " He fidgeted nervously as he watched Tye. Jason had painted his house with a mural, and left a big open space in the middle. Just for his mate to finish.

The mural was beautiful. It depicted Jason's pack as wolves running through woods. They looked familiar. " Is that... The Woodlands?" He asked softly.

Jason nodded. " Yeah. The Goddess' forest. The Woodlands. " He answered simply.

It contrasted the grasslands in the best way. You would know whose house it was for sure. Or at least you should know. No other place in town had a mural of every wolf in the pack. " You... Aren't up there..." He pointed out. He could see nearly every member's wolf. Except the one he wanted to see in the sea of greens and blues. The vines weren't hiding his alpha, he wasn't in the water on the ground, he wasn't amongst the pack either. Tye, for some reason, felt upset.

Jason just nodded again. " I haven't felt like a true leader much since taking over. They are my family, but I don't know. It just didn't feel right to have me in the mural. " He shrugged softly. " It's still beautiful. Reminds me of why I still fight and train like I do. To protect my family. My people. "

Tye sighed softly. " It is beautiful. " He agreed. " The Woodlands were the most beautiful place I had ever seen. " He agreed.

Jason took his sigh as a happy and content one. In reality, Tye was upset that Jason couldn't see himself as a leader. He was a great leader. He gasped to himself as Mika's speech really registered with him. She was right. Every alpha... No every mate needed their other half. Obviously Jason had issues with himself.

He felt guilty. Tye should have noticed it sooner. Jason had been showing signs of it the entire time. He was nervous, doubting himself, feared that he wouldn't be able to restrain himself around Tye. . That had to be hard.

Well.

Tye knew what he needed to do to help him now. Plus the rest of the Luna duties. He knew what duties those were well. Ruder's father took him in, and his Luna cared for him. He was weaker than the rest of the kids, so she kept a much closer eye on him. He tended to stay glued to her leg. Always hiding behind her. He saw everything she would do for the pack, and he was fully prepared to do just the same. Give or take a few things of course.

He felt Jason tug on his hand gently. " Sorry. Just got lost in thought. " He explained starting to walk with his alpha.

He nodded to him. " That is alright Kitten. It's been a long few days. You need a bath, and to get some rest. We'll get your things settled, get you something to eat, and relax. Sound good?" He asked opening the door.

Tye nodded. " You have no idea how good that sounds. " He whined. " I didn't realize how sore I was until now. . We can go out with the pack again. I wouldn't mind it for a little while. " he offered.

~~~~~~

Jason shut the door and took Tye's hand again before heading up to their shared room. " We will to get something to eat, but after that we'll turn in for the night. "

The thumping of base was starting up again. Tye's head snapped over towards the town, and he let go of Jason's hand for a moment to wander over to the window. " Are you sure we'll be able to sleep?" He asked playfully. The once plain lighting of the street lights had turned multicolored in the night, and the streets were alive with people.

Jason joined him, and nodded. " Yes. We've built our houses specifically for this. The rooms we sleep in are soundproofed. That way we can rest while others party out their restlessness. They can hold a lot of grief, sadness, anger, and aggression. Our jobs aren't easy ones, and it tends to stick with us. It's a good way to wind down in general. "

"Makes sense. I'm glad to know it'll be quiet when we sleep. I'm used to the quiet. You can't here anything but the calls of the insects at night in Death Valley." He smiled watching for a moment.

" I will warn you. I often find myself partying as well. Especially after a job. "

" Just don't over do it for me? At least drinking wise? "

" I won't. And I don't allow heavy drinking or any drug in general. They found that out the hard way. " He smirked a little.

" Sounds like a fun time. " He laughed. " Jason, is it dangerous? Being your mate.. will it be dangerous to? "

He tensed up, and held his breath for a moment. With a sharp exhale he glanced over at Tye from the side. He had dreaded such questions, but vowed to be truthful. " Yes. It is very dangerous, and yes it will be very dangerous. I have many enemies. I'm an assassin in a sense Tye. People know what our pack does. Contracts are made on honor until we meet. The meetings can be traps to lure us out. Word of mouth is how people tend to know us.

It can all be dangerous. Especially if we choose the wrong people to make contracts with. We only make them based on good intentions. Pay offs are great, but we do it for the good of our way of life. "

" What kinds of people do you end up offing?" Tye asked softly.

" Curious one aren't we? "

" If I'm going to help you run the pack I need to know. It's my duty to protect people, help make decisions, take care of the kids, and help you in any way I can otherwise. Isn't it? I don't intend to be a lazy ass Luna and lay around. I won't be waited in hand and foot. I would rather be out and about. Help. "

Jason patted his head and chuckled. " Eager Kitten. You are right. I wouldn't have it any other way. Except being waited on. I'll still probably do that when I get the chance anyway. " He smirked before continuing. " To answer your previous question...

You may not like this. At all. We tend to kill humans more than anything. Not good people! Please don't think we kill humans just to do it. We kill hunters if we have to. The ones who sell pelts or live werewolves for money. Others we leave alone. Then there are rouges. I'll be taking extra measures with them now considering Mika's trip. People who end up like Darius did. Though, he was by far the worst I've ever seen. " He started to blabber.

Tye silenced him by reaching you and taking his face in both hands. " Hush Jason. It's okay. I understand that. I'm not really attached to humans anyway. Not after being abandoned as a kid. " He pressed a soft kiss to his lips, and pulled back smiling softly.

Jason froze. When had he wandered away from the window? Tye followed him, and held his cheeks to make him stop. He even gave the tall guy a kiss. Jason looked down at Tye's feet and started to snicker, which caused Tye to frown.

" Oh? You are gonna start laughing at the short guy? Okay then. We'll see how you like me not talking to you for the rest of the night. "

His eyes widened. " Wait no! Don't do that... Please?!"

Tye sauntered away looking into rooms. He was going to try to find the bathroom, and bedroom at least as he ignored Jason playfully. He even put an extra playful sway in his step. His teasing was going just fine until he heard the growl behind him. Without looking back Tye squealed and started running.

"Jason. You better go get that boy before I do~" Ores chuckled making Jason's eyes darken to the color of a forest.

" Oh I'm going after him. " His words failed him, but an equally playful growl escaped his throat. Along with a certain rumble in his chest. His emerald eyes remained a clouded forest green. Tye squealed while started running. Funny. He thought he was getting away.

He took off after the Raven haired boy, and was quickly hot on his heels. It caused him to jump and turn into a random room. Tye slammed the door and found himself in a bit if a situation. He heard Jason nearing the door, and dove into a large, empty wardrobe. He got quiet after shutting the door, and sitting down.

Suddenly the door slammed open. The blue haired alpha came into the room. He smiled looking around. " You don't have many places to hide Kitten. You chose an empty guest room. " He chuckled and sat on the bed for a moment. " You are a smart cookie though. You wouldn't hide under the bed. Or in the big closet. So, that leave two places. The bathroom, or the wardrobe. "

Tye held his breath in anticipation as he heard Jason stand. His feet softly puttered across the floor of the room, straight towards the wardrobe. Which was also next to the bathroom. " Something I don't think you quite thought about.. I have heightened senses. I can smell you Kitten. I know where you are.. " He taunted in a sing song tone. Tye felt his heart flutter, butterflies erupt in the pit of his stomach, and he bit his lip gently. He pressed his back against the wooden back of the wardrobe, and pulled his feet to his chest.

The door to the wardrobe opened slowly revealing a very amused, and apparently turned on Jason. Tye exhaled a shakey breath as he leaned down, and presses a soft, loving kiss to his forehead. " Found you Kitten. You gonna talk to me now?"

Still feeling bold Tye shook his head no. Jason just smirked. " We'll see about that then. " He grabbed him under his legs and behind his back. Then turned to leave the room craddeling him the entire way down the hall. The door to their room was gently kicked open, and Jason tossed Tye on the large bed.

"Oh God.. what have I done. " He flailed around in the air before coming into contact with a soft fluffy bed. He bounced once before stilling, and rolling into his stomach to get a look at Jason. Who was now gone. His heart dropped a little. He wasn't sure how to take his last comment. Did he take his little prank to far? "Uh oh. I didn't mean to upset him. " He sighed a little and sat up.

" You didn't. I just went to start a bath for my pretty mate. Maybe if he didn't smell like b.o. he wouldn't have been found as easily. " He mused playfully.

Tye feined hurt. " The fuck? I do not smell that bad do I??" He sniffed himself, and covered his nose. " Nevermind. . I just remembered I was riding a stinky wolf all the way here. " He grinned.

Jason however frowned, and came up to him. He scooped him up, tossed his backpack on the bed, tossed him over his shoulder, and started back towards the attached master bathroom. " So i stink huh? Might as well knock out two birds with one stone then. Bath time~" He wasted no time even stripping their clothes. Instead he jumped right into the large tub.

Tye yelped a bit as he hit the water. "Jason! One, we're still in our clothes. Two, I thought I was going to take a bath alone?"

Jason sat him down between his legs and held him. " Apparently I stink. It's getting late to. Soo... If you want to eat anything we should bathe, and get going. Think of it as payback for not talking to me, and teasing me. " He nuzzled him softly. " Now strip down. We'll make it quick, And I promise I'll behave. "

Tye glared back at him, but nodded anyway. But, rather than strip himself he chose to take the clothing Jason had been wearing off first. " My alpha should relax though. So let me help you. Okay?" He did as asked of him as well, and stripped his own dirty clothing.

He felt his heart melt. This boy.. was perfect. Tye wasn't wrong. Jason was stressed. He had been, but he didn't think it was that for obvious. He just nodded, and let him do as he wished. He kept his hands to himself, and behaved like he promised. He was more than content to let him take care of him.

Tye washed him down, blushing furiously around intimate parts. It wasn't as akward as he thought it would have been though. He worked his way to the long graceful hair, now wet and covering literally most of the tub. "So pretty" he thought quietly. He started to Jason's scalp, and worked the lather all the way down to his ends. Jason leaned forward and rested his head on Tye's shoulder as he worked his magic. He rinsed it out, and rinses him off in general.

He ran his hands over the muscles of Jason's back. "Very tense.. does he ever get massages or relax a little?" He gently worked on the muscles, rubbing them and kneading them in attempts to get them to relax under his fingers. He sighed softly and rested his head over on top of Jason's. " Does it feel any better? You are so tense. I can't get everything out at one time, but I'm sure I'll eventually work out the tension. "

Jason hummed as soft reply. "We need to wash you up to... And go get some food. " He muttered sleepily.

Tye nodded, " Okay. You relax then. I'll wash myself up tonight. "

Jason wanted to protest, but the look Tye gave him left no room for argument. Fine then. He'd just make him uncomfortable by doing whatever his mind wanted to do with his eyes.

Tye was in the middle of washing his hair, a much quicker task than with Jason's, when he felt a chill run up his spine. He glanced back at his mate to see his darkened eyes. Tye blushed and continued to wash. Needless to say his bath was rather quick.

~~~~~~~

They held hands as they walked into town. Both freshly cleaned up, in clothes that fit, and happily talking. Tye took in the party around him. He had to admit.. he could get used to this. It looked like so much fun. They stopped at a few little tables set up with a lot of different food. After fixing themselves a plate each they sat on the sidewalk, and ate.

Occasionally someone would pass by and chat. It was nice. Jason's pack adored him, and supported him. Tye was glad to see that. It was important for everyone's wellbeing. The music was loud, but not loud enough to hurt his ears. Seems they dialed it back a little for him, and he was happy they would. That way he could be part of their family.

After a few hours Jason pulled him to his feet. " Come on. " He pulled him into the crowd of rowdy dancing people.

" I.. I have never done this before. " He warned hesitantly.

" That's fine. Does it look like anyone here is any good? They seem just good enough to not trampled each other. " He joked.

The boy laughed, and gave in. Jason swept him away into random dancing. They were completely lost in each other, neither one wanting the night to end. Tye however began to yawn every few minuets.

" Someone is sleepy. " Jason cooed.

" Shut up.. I'm fine.."

"No you aren't. Time for bed for us. Let's go home. I'm tired to. Running for so long left me a little drained. "

"Fiineee." He whined a little. " Let's go to bed. We could both use it I guess. "

Jason lead them home, and back upstairs. After they changed into something more suitable for the night they both climbed in bed. Tye cuddled up to Jason's back, and fell asleep rather quickly. Jason had tried to go be him his space. He wasn't going to force him to stay connected to him if he didn't want to be.

Yet he chose to, and that to Jason meant the world.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

228K 6.4K 33
FORGIVENESS is the best form of love... it takes a strong person to say SORRY and an even stronger person to FORGIVE... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
445K 10.3K 50
~~First book in Alpha Series~~ ~~~Completed~~~ This is my first book, so be warned it isn't the best. Natalie has gone through one rejection and is n...
854K 30.7K 39
Highest ranking #14 as of 12/20/16 WARNING: This story is not all lovey dovey, it's raw, brutal, and is filled with plot holes, now don't comment and...
568K 13.2K 40
|HAS BEEN REWRITTEN| She was kind. He was heartless. She saw the good in everyone despite her past. He saw nothing but hatred for others because of...