On The Low Again

By JaylynW

The Sequel to On The Low Marcel Knowlen is new to Atlanta. After his discover of his disease , he was sent to... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Author's Note
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Important Note!
Chapter 11
Not An Update
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14 - Part 1
Chapter 14 - Part 2
Chapter 14 - Part 3
Chapter 15
Chapter 16 - One Way Or Another

Chapter 10

2.4K 86 3
By JaylynW

Marcel POV

I wake up and I see I'm back in my bed. I look around and noticed it was dark out. When I tried to get up to go to the restroom, I felt a little breeze. I look under the covers and noticed that I was half naked. What was I doing? Wait, someone came earlier but I can't remember who. I put back on my boxers that were across the room and headed to the bathroom. I thought about the time and wondered did Jeremy and Marcel make it to my house. I guess I'll call when I get out.

Jordan POV

"Why did we do that?" I yell to Jeremy who is now driving full speed somewhere.

"What do you mean we? You were the one who made a move at me"

"No I didn't, it was you."

After that it got silent for a moment. We didn't say another word til we pulled up to the hospital.

"Why are we here? " I questioned.

He sat back and took a deep breath. He turned to me and began to speak.

"Marcel didn't want me telling you this but you should be the one to know. Marcel and I had went out to eat the other night and got food poisoning. That's why he couldn't pick you up earlier because he was here."

"Why didn't he want me to know?"

"I don't know but what I do know is that there was no way that could have been food poisoning. He said he must of been allergic to something but he would of known that because the menus told you what ingredients were in each item."

"So what are you trying to say?", I sat up now concerned.

"I'm saying that he was poisoned, and I want to figure out who."

"Okay, that still doesn't explain why we are here."

"We are here because I called in a detective to come help me figure out. I told him to meet me here so we can figure out. Now get out the car."

We both got and headed inside. We walked over to the lobby and that's when I seen a very tall man who was wearing a black button shirt with a grey tie and black slacks. He had a suitcase sitting on top of his lap.

"You're finally here."

"Can we please not do this here?" Jeremy yelled quietly to the man.

"Okay, we won't do it here."

We both took a seat across him, and he began to open his suitcase to take out a notepad and pen.

"So please tell me, in detail, what happened that night?"

Jeremy POV

"Okay so this is what happened-"

FLASHBACK

After I said that, a waitress came to the table.

"Hi, I'm Jasmine, and I'll be your waitress for this evening."

"I'll have a Sprite."

"Alright, how about you s-"

She stopped and looked at Marcel. If I wasn't crazy, she started to get nervous. I decided to speak up since she seemed out of it.

"Um hello?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. Your friend just looks for familiar, my apologies."

We both gave her a "Are you crazy" stare. She finally asked him and he asked for a Sprite as well. She wrote it down and left.

"What was all that about?"

"I don't know. She probably was mistakening me for someone else."

"Probably."

I looked up and a new waitress came to the table with our drinks. I'm guessing the other girl was too embarrassed about to come back.

"Hi, I'm Lily and I'll be your waitress for this evening. We had some issues with the other employee." She smiled.

I nodded and she put down the drinks.

"Are you guys ready to order?"

"Yeah, can I have the House Burger special?"

"Alright, and for you sir?"

"Could I just get the Chicken Finger Plate?"

"Alright, you're order will be up in a sec." , she smiled and walked off.

I turned to a very nervous Marcel biting his finger nails.

"Dude are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, just a little under the weather."

"Okay, well how was your day?"

"It was okay, how about yours?"

"It was iight. Had a few issues here and there."

"Oh, like what?" He says with a raised eyebrow.

"It was like - none of your business." I respond.

"Oh." He replied nonchalantly.

We stare at each other for a good minute until the waitress came back with our food.

"Here you go. Enjoy." She smiled once more and left.

We both began eating in silence. I was about halfway finished until I look over at Marcel, who seemed to look worse than before.

"Marcel, are you okay?"

"I-i-"

Before he could say anything else, he passed out on the floor. I run over to him calling for help. One of the waitress dialed 911 and a few minutes later the paramedics arrived. They lifted him on the stretcher and sped off. I looked at the ambulance driving off the thinking what just happened.

End of flashback

"So you're saying he was already feeling bad when he got there?"

"Yes, but it was different from when he passed out. The first he was just nervous but the second time he was pale and looked terrible."

"I see. So when do you think that started?"

"Well, there was this one waitress who was acting funny as soon as she saw him. After she took down our drinks, that was the last time we saw her."

"I see. Well, I think our first clue would be going back to that restaurant and asking her a few questions."

"Alright, let's go."

We walk out the hospital and head to the restaurant. I was determined to get some answers, one way or another. We arrive to the restaurant and walk inside. We go to the back a and speak to the manager.

"Well she had sorta lost her marbles that night, and I had no choice but to fire her. She was such a really good employee." The manager says.

"When you fired her, did she come in contact with any of the food?" The detective asks.

"Not that I know of." She answers.

"Okay thank you for your time."

I can't believe we didn't figure out anything. I can't give up that easily.

"Do you know where she lives?" I ask her.

"I'm sorry but I can't give out such information."

"Are you sure about that?" The detective says as he pulls out his badge.

She quickly turns around to her desk and pulls out a folder. She quickly goes through it, glancing at us ever so often, and finally handing up a piece of paper.

"Thank you for your services." The detective tells her.

Jordan POV

I watched as Jeremy runs back to the car and puts the address into his GPS. We get in and he quickly pulls out from the restaurant. We spend a good 10 minutes driving until we arrive at a very nice looking house. We park a few feet away near the sidewalk, and went up to the house. As were walking to the door, I noticed a car parked in the driveway. I couldn't put my finger on it but it looked awfully familiar. Before I even knew it, Jeremy had already rung the door bell. The time I got there, someone had already came to the door. As I look at the figure walking through the door, I couldn't help but feel a sense of uncertainty and fear come to me.

"Jasmine."

"Nice to you too, Jordan."

Yup, you guessed it. Jasmine is back! She's a lot more crazier than we thought, huh?

Why do you think Marcel was half dressed when he woke up?

Remember to Like/comment on this chapter and previous ones

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 324 25
*PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE* Simone is another victim of the system who ran from foster home to foster home, due to the mistakes of her mother and fathe...
1.4M 33.5K 103
*WARNINGS* This story contains: sexual & mature language/acting strong use of words. drugs and alcohol. rape and assault. weapons. violent behaviour...
788 122 42
You know that one town where nothing bad ever happens? Well, after a tragedy hits it can only go downhill from there. Madison Banks knows that better...
6.6K 241 23
Layla Wang's Life Turns Upside Down In The Matter Of A Few Months. Being "Wonderland" At The Strip Seems Like All She'd Ever Be Adjusted To. Slowly B...