The Rose's Shadow

By GramzonDragon

Beacon has fallen. Our heroes now must travel to Haven to get some answers. But everyone is scattered across... More

Prologue
Noncanon Halloween Special
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6

Chapter 1

564 15 5
By GramzonDragon

Team T/N Locations:

Y/N L/N - Island of Patch with Yang

Vernde Celtin - Somewhere in Anima with Team RNJR

Neo Politan - Somewhere in Anima with Team RNJR

Rein Steel - On a boat to Menagerie with Blake and Sun.

Y/N let out a screech and sent two red orbs towards Drake. Drake flipped over them and sliced them in half with his sword as it homed in on him.

Drake: Your 'Siren Screech' has improved a lot.

Y/N: Thanks, I really don't like using it. Not really good for stealth missions.

Drake nodded as his watch started to beep. He looked at it and sighed.

Y/N: Family troubles again?

Drake: Worse, politicians. They don't think I'm suited for my position.

Y/N: Hey, you're not all that bad.

Drake smiled as he vanished into a portal. Y/N took a deep breath and exhaled. He turned to head inside when he saw something move within the trees.

Y/N: What the hell?

Y/N barely had enough time to jump out of the way as a creature smashed a boulder at him.

???: We finally meet, Shadow Rose.

Y/N: Who are you?

???: It doesn't matter. All that matters is that you killed my brother!

The creature jumped toward Y/N and slashed at him with her claws. Y/N barely got out of the way as the claws grazed his armor.

Y/N: I only killed one man, and that was Dr. Delco Orenji.

???: I'm talking about my brother! Y/N!

Y/N: Wait... S-samantha?

Samantha: Oh, so you do know who I am.

Y/N: No, NO! You can't be her... She died the same day Kuroyuri fell.

Samantha: What are you going on about? Fight me!

The humanoid Grimm ran at Y/N swiping her claws left and right. Y/N dodged each strike by stepping backwards. Y/N then noticed the Grimm's features. 

Y/N: (Wait, short and messy red hair... bright orange eyes... No, it really is her)

Y/N shot his leg out and kicked Samantha away from him, then threw off his cloak.

Y/N: Samantha! I am your brother!

Samantha: *growl* Yeah right!

Y/N: I can prove it!

Y/N closed his eyes and took a deep breath and began to sing.

Come stop your crying
It will be alright
Just take my hand
And hold it tight

I will protect you
From all around you
I will be here
Don't you cry

For one so small,
You seem so strong
My arms will hold you,
Keep you safe and warm
This bond between us
Can't be broken
I will be here
Don't you cry

'Cause you'll be in my heart
Yes, you'll be in my heart
From this day on
Now and forever more
You'll be in my heart
No matter what they say
You'll be here in my heart
Always

Why can't they understand the way we feel
They just don't trust what they can't explain
I know we're different, but deep inside us
We're not that different at all

And you'll be in my heart
Yes you'll be in my heart
From this day on
Now and forever more

Don't listen to them
'Cause what do they know
We need each other, to have, to hold
They'll see in time, I know

When destiny calls you, you must be strong
I may not be with you
But you got to hold on
They'll see in time, I know
We'll show them together

'Cause you'll be in my heart
Believe me you'll be in my heart
I'll be there from this day on
Now and forever more

You'll be in my heart
No matter what they say
You'll be here in my heart
Always

Always I'll be with you
I'll be there for you always
Always and always

Just look over your shoulder
I'll be there
Always

Y/N opened his eyes and saw Samantha not moving.

Samantha: Th-that was the first song that Y/N ever sang...

Y/N: Now do you believe me?

Samantha then started to yell in pain as she held her head. Taiyang and Yang ran out from the house to see what the commotion was and saw a red haired woman on the ground unconscious.

Y/N: Samantha!

Taiyang: Y/N, who is this?

Y/N: She's my sister. We have to get her inside now.

Yang: Wait. I thought-

Y/N: NOW!

Yang helped Y/N carry Samantha to the spare bedroom and laid her down on the bed.

Yang: What happened to her?

Y/N: Let me check.

Y/N's right hand fell and landed on his sister's face and vanished into her skin.

Yang: Wait, what happened to your hand?

Y/N: It's Nano-tech, I'm having it flush out whatever infected my sister.

Taiyang: Wait, what happened to the arm from Atlas?

Y/N: Target practice. I wont except any gift from Metaldick. Not after what he did.

The Nano-tech slowly exited Samantha's skin and reformed Y/N's hand. Y/N sighed as he sat in the chair.

Yang: Now what?

Y/N: We wait. And hope to Oum she will recover.

Yang: Y/N, I thought that you said your family was dead.

Y/N: I thought they were. But if I had to guess, Orenji captured her and did experiments on her.

Elsewhere

Necross stood on the remains of Beacon tower and scanned the area. His mouth curved into a grin as he sensed something in the distance.

Necross: Ah, so you decided to grab someone from that universe as well. I wonder which one you brought.

Necross laughed as he vanished into thin air.

Meanwhile

Sun, Blake, and Rein made it to Menagerie and took in the sights.

Rein: So sad that the Faunus were discriminated and forced to live on an island that is mostly desert.

Sun: What's wrong with a little sand?

Blake: It's not like the deserts in Vacuo Sun! The deserts here are a lot more dangerous.

Rein: You two go on ahead. I want to check a few things out.

Rein walked away and left Sun and Blake alone. Sun then threw an arm around her with a smile.

Sun: Sooo... Which one's your home? Can you see it from here?

Sun uses his free hand like a visor to help him peer at the houses.

Blake: Kind of.

Sun: Is it that one? What about that tiny one down there? I like the paintjob.

Blake: It's... that one.

Blake moved Sun's hand to the biggest home and he stares for a second before pointing his finger at her with a questioning expression. Blake nods. Sun looks at her for a beat before taking his arm off her and stepping back. He covers the sides of his head and crouches a bit, staring wide-eyed at the house and making a comical, amazed noise. Meanwhile Rein is checking out a few of the stalls. He then senses someone following him. He walks around a corner to a surprisingly empty alley. He waited until they were close enough, then used his Semblance to pull them toward him, grasping his hand on their throat.

Rein: Well, well, well... Didn't know I had stalker already.

Struggling in his grasp was a dark skinned woman with brown hair and a Grimm mask.

???: So, you knew I was following you... guess I was sloppy.

Rein: Actually, I could sense you miles away. So, why are you following me?

???: I want you to give Blake a message. Tell her to leave.

Rein: What's the White Fang's plan?

???: I wont tell you anything!

Rein: Very well, that's your choice.

Rein tossed the woman towards the wall and started to walk away. The woman coughed as she held her throat.

???: So, you're not even going to try and get the information out of me?

Rein: It'd be to easy, especially with my power. Now run along young lady. And Another reason... It's not what my script says.

???1: What?

Author: How did you even get that? I don't have any made.

Rein: (I have my ways. And I see you tied yourself  to your room with flex tape.)

Rein then decided to catch up with his friends. Leaving the young woman confused. When Rein got to Blake's home, he saw two members of the White Fang there. But these two didn't have Grimm masks on.

Blake: "Incident"? People are dead!

???2: And it is a tragedy.

Rein: Tragedy my fucking tail.

???3: And you are?

Rein: A friend of Blake. You want to tell me why Adam Taurus began to attack innocent civilians? Both human and Faunus might I add.

Blake: They claim the White Fang in Vale stopped taking orders, and acted under Adam's orders.

Rein: Seems they missed the one's in Menagerie then. May I come in?

Blake nodded and let Rein in. Afterword, the large man that Rein presumed to be Blake's father, shut the door and sighed.

???3: So, what is your name young man?

Rein: It's Rein Steel, sir. I'm Blake's friend from Beacon.

???3: And why are you here, Mr. Steel?

Rein: I had a feeling the White Fang would try to attack Blake since she fled from them.

Ghira: I see... my name is Ghira Belladonna, the chieftain of Menagerie.

Rein bowed as he was led to the living room.

Elsewhere

Y/N adjusted his cloak as he opened the front door, when his sister called out to him.

Samantha: I'm not even awake for five minutes and you are already leaving?

Y/N: I think my girlfriend is in trouble.

Samantha: Never expected you to have one. *sigh* Just please, stay safe. I don't want to lose you.

Y/N: That's the thing about being a Huntsman or Huntress, danger is part of the job description.

Y/N closed the door behind him and began to Shadow Teleport in long bursts to try and catch up with Ruby. He knew the direction Ruby went thanks to the ring he gave her. Before he gave her the ring, he put a piece of his Aura within it.

Y/N: Ruby, you better be okay when I get there, otherwise I'm kicking your entire group's ass.

Meanwhile

On a path through the woods, Team RNJR and Co. moves forward as Ruby looks at a map.

Ruby: Come on, guys! If we pick up the pace, we can hit the next town before sunset!

Jaune: Assuming it's still there.

Ruby: Of course it'll be there. This one's supposed to be pretty big! Hee-gan...bayn-a.

Ren: Higanbana. It's a well protected village with a popular inn.

Nora: Which means, no camping in the rain!

Neo: I hate the rain.

Vernde: Hey, it's not that bad.

Ruby: See? Everything's going to be fine!

Jaune: You know, we've had a lot of ups and downs. But things could be a lot worse. I really thought we'd see more Grimm.

Ren: As did I.

Nora: I guess our luck is finally turning around!

Neo: Please don't jinx us...

Nora: To Higanbana!

Jaune and Ren: To Higanbana!

Vernde and Neo: To victory!

Ruby: To Higanban... ban-a!

A/N

Yay, another chapter. So, yeah... Samantha encountered Y/N at Patch, since he wasn't alone at Beacon.

Leave a vote, comment, and your support!

Ancestors Guide You

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 15 12
Several months has passed after Beacon fall, and our heroes is now back with a new adventures! Unfortunately, at this time team RWBY are... divided...
644 22 9
The gang is coming back together! With Haven getting close to everybody our heroes are beginning to come together again! But they are all on differen...
8.6K 137 12
Y/n is on a never ending journey. He had made some friends during his travels. what awaits him now.
13.4K 131 40
After crashing into the planet you now know as remnant you quickly realise that you are stuck here forever with your friend. Choosing to settle down...