Navigator [Fugou Keiji: Balan...

By FangirlFanficFandom

"So, how much?" Vivi is a detective working with her senior, Kato Haru, until Kambe Daisuke, an extremely wea... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 8

627 14 0
By FangirlFanficFandom

Haru, Suzue, and I were visiting Daisuke's grandmother's after our trip to Hong Kong. "I am Kikuko, his grandmother," she introduced herself. "My name is Kato Haru," Haru said. "I'm Vivi," I said. "Haru-san, Vivi-san. Those are such wonderful names. Thank you for taking good care of Daisuke," she said.

"Um, well..." Haru stammered as he looked at Daisuke sitting next to me. "This is a souvenir from Hong Kong," Suzue said and handed Kikuko a bag. "Is that so? Why don't we all enjoy it together then?" While she prepared tea for us, she asked Daisuke, "Daisuke-san, how are things at your new workplace?"

"Nothing noteworthy," he answered and Haru and I looked at him. "Here you go," Kikuko said and offered us tea. "He's grown up to be somewhat selfish, so hasn't he been causing you trouble?" "Oh no, Daisuke-kun has helped us in many different ways," said Haru as he and I picked up our cups. "Thank you for the tea," we said and drank.

"However, there is somewhat of a difference in financial viewpoints compared to our coworkers. It often creates chaos on the scene," Haru added. I gulped. "Daisuke-san," Kikuko said sternly and Haru and I flinched a little while Suzue looked at him. "Yes?" "You must always refrain from actions that would trouble people at your workplace." "Yes."

I felt a teensy bit bad for him now. "Haru-san, Vivi-san, pardon my asking, but what are your ages?" Kikuko asked us. "Well, I'll be thirty this year," said Haru. "I just turned twenty-seven," I answered. "Not only job-wise but also as a senior in life, please do coach Daisuke well," said Kikuko and bowed to us. "Please leave that to me!" said Haru. "So he could become a true policeman, I will coach him with everything I have!"

I could see Daisuke giving Haru the side-eye. "Daisuke-san," Kikuko said. Daisuke turned to us and said, "I look forward to your coaching. Thank you very much." I could tell that he didn't want to do it, but he did. Then a man with a broom came up behind us. "This is our butler, Hattori," Kikuko introduced to us.

"Pleased to make your acquaintance," he said. "The pleasure's mine," said Haru. "Please excuse my attire," Hattori said before walking off. "As you can see, he is rather unsociable and meddles in the garden all the time. I wonder if that's acceptable for a butler," said Kikuko. "Bulter? Is that the one you always talk to?" Haru asked Daisuke. "Kato-sama, that is the AI butler. It is called HEUSC," said Suzue. "AI? Huh?"

Daisuke looked extremely pissed off as he drove Haru and I back home. "I'll be off on a business trip to Nagoya tomorrow," said Haru. "Vivi, look after him. Make sure he refrains from any actions that would trouble our coworkers." "'Kay," I said and Daisuke stepped harder on the gas, almost sending me flying back. "Hey, don't start breaking the speed limit when I said that!" said Haru.

"This is private property," Daisuke said. "I could've gone flying through your rear window, Sir!" I screeched.

**********

I decided to surprise Haru by picking him up from his business trip, and I had Daisuke tag along too. "There he is," I said when I saw Haru walk in through the gate. He passed by and didn't notice us so Daisuke said, "Are you working hard on your job, Inspector Kato?" Haru turned around and saw us. "Hi, Haru-kun," I said. "V-Vivi, why are you here?" he asked. "Surprise."

A few minutes later, the three of us were chilling in Daisuke's car. "Hurry up and get moving," said Haru. "This is precisely the time when I would like some coaching," said Daisuke. "Damn you!" Haru said and Daisuke drove at top speed to shut him up. "Holy crap, I could've gone out the window again!" I cried and held on for dear life.

"HEUSC, play what's going on at Investigation Headquarters," said Daisuke and Haru perked up. "...is in possession of a firearm, and apparently there is one woman collapsed on the floor. It's very likely that she was killed by the perp," said a voice on the radio. "That's Ryo-kun," I said. "Any demands?" another voice asked. "Chief Takei..." Haru said, recognizing the voice.

"He still hasn't made any," said Ryo. "There is suspicion that mental derangement may be involved." "Position the SAT where they can target the perp," Takei ordered. "Roger," said Ryo. Haru looked out the window the see the SAT make their move. "Stop the car," said Haru. "Huh?" I said. "I said, stop!" Haru repeated and Daisuke hit the breaks, almost sending me flying forward.

"Gentle with the breaks! Jesus!" I cried and I could see him smirk in the rearview mirror. "He's not that kind of guy. He's not the type to kill people," said Haru. Daisuke pressed a button on the wheel and a briefcase popped out from underneath Haru's seat. "Hurry up and put it on," said Daisuke.

**********

Daisuke threw his grappling hook onto a vertical metal pole, wrapping itself around it. "Let's go," said Daisuke as he wrapped his arm around me. "Hold on, Vivi." The wire pulled us up and over the wall. "Huh? Hey!" Haru called before following after us. Unfortunately, he ended up hanging from the wire in the end. "So, how do we get him down?" I asked.

We arrived at the subway train where the crime was taken place. "What do we do now?" asked Haru as I put an earpiece in his left ear. "The instant we go out there, we're the ones who'll be arrested." "Set it to channel three," Daisuke said. Haru turned the small knob on his watch and he heard Takei say, "Enter car 16 as the negotiator, and lead the perp to the fourth seat from the front." "Roger that," said Ryo.

"Once the sniper gets a visual, shoot to kill," said Takei. "Can you connect my voice with them?" Haru asked. "Connected. Please go ahead," said HEUSC. Chief Takei? Can you hear me?" said Haru. "Haru?" said Takei. "Kato-san? How did you get on this line?" Ryo asked. "Why arent you properly negotiating with him?" Haru asked.

"The man just seems to be enjoying this situation. There's no room for negotiation," said Ryo. "The guy I met wasn't like that," said Haru. "You're still saying that? You have no right to be a police officer anymore," Ryo said and Takei said, "Haru, leave this case to us." "Why don't you see for yourself what kind of man he is? He's streaming on ChainTube right now," said Ryo.

"Show me the applicable footage," I said as a video projected from my watch. "This is bad," I said as we watched the video. "What is he doing?" said Haru. "HEUSC, give me information about the other passengers," said Daisuke. "Understood." "Damn it. What should we do?" Haru said. "What do you want to do?" asked Daisuke.

"What do I... I... I just don't want him to die!" exclaimed Haru. Daisuke looked at him for a brief moment before standing up. "H-Hey." I watched him fiddle with his watch for a bit. "Um, Daisuke-kun?" I said. "Under current circumstances, the smoke will be effective for eight minutes and thirty seconds. We'll finish everything within that timeframe," said Daisuke.

"Smoke? Finish everything? What do you-" said Haru. "Reimburse all damages at double the cost," said Daisuke. "Understood. Balance: Unlimited," said HEUSC. "Here you go, Haru-kun," I said and tossed him a gas mask just as three missiles flew by and landed near the SAT team, releasing gas. "Now!" I said and we quickly ran by them.

I was holding my breath the entire time as I quickly carved a circle big enough for us to fit in on the front window. "Mmm!" I exclaimed as I couldn't hold my breath any longer as we quickly got in.

**********

Haru snuck at a peek at what was currently happening at the moment when Takei said, "Kato, can you hear me?" "Yes," Haru replied. "For some reason, there's a smoke screen up, and the sniper currently has no visual contact. I want you to shoot. I will take responsibility." "No... Haru-kun, you can't..." I said. Daisuke handed Haru a gun.

"HEUSC, can you access the perp's smartphone. I want to look at his emails," said Haru. "Understood." While Haru was looking through the emails, I was trying to make Daisuke put the gun away. "Daisuke-kun, please don't do this to Haru-kun," I said. "Haru, do what needs to be down. Let's work together again," said Takei.

Haru turned to Daisuke and said, "Give me the gun." "Haru-kun!" I cried. "I'll be fine, Vivi. Don't worry," he said. "Open it for me." I bit my lip and kicked the door open for him.

**********

After the perp had let go of the hostage, Daisuke and I stepped in. "You had me scared for a sec," I said and placed a hand on Haru's shoulder. Daisuke continued to walk forward. "Don't come closer!" the boy cried and pointed his gun at him. "You're under arrest for flagrant detention and bodily injury," said Daisuke.

"Just a little more... Just a little more, and I can send her to America..." the boy said. "I'll make sure that your little sister gets her surgery," said Daisuke. "How can you..." Daisuke just looked at him. The boy eventually surrendered and Daisuke took his gun and emptied it. After the passengers got off the train, Daisuke and I were the only ones left.

We were about to get off when Ryo said, "Kambe-san and Vivi-san... were it?" I turned to look at him while Daisuke just stood there. "Thank you very much," Ryo thanked us. I gave him a small nod before catching up with Daisuke. "Deletion to all images and videos connected with this case, including the live stream, is now complete," HEUSC told us as Daisuke and I held hands.

Haru and I were back in Daisuke's car once again. "Can I ask you one thing?" asked Haru. "How did you know he wouldn't shoot you?" "'He's not the type to kill people,'" Daisuke quoted him. "That's what you said." Haru seemed surprised that Daisuke remembered what he said. Then Daisuke hit the gas and sped off. Haru was screaming from the passenger seat while I cried out, "Daisuke-kun you son of a-"

THE BOYS ARE FINALLY BACK 😭😭😭 😍😍😍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 72 17
A high school detective of the east, [Y/N] [L/N] took on a challange proposed by none other than Hakuba Saguru. The one who desperately wants to catc...
109K 4.7K 19
Summary: What do you call something that you cannot obtain? Priceless. "I love you." "No. You THINK you love me because you cannot buy me unlike ev...
24.7K 877 14
Anyone who works on anything even remotely related to the Dice Phantom Thief Case seems to run into nothing but misfortune, as the four detectives wo...
23.1K 682 30
(y/n) is an American undercover spy who lands a big case that has her traveling to Japan to work with the Metropolitan Police Department. What lies a...