His Revenge (Power Play #1)

By Neon_chocolates

Ethan Lachlan, wealthy businessman and CEO of a fortune 500 company had planned his revenge down to the very... More

His Revenge
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
AUTHOR'S NOTE

chapter 11

1M 19.4K 3.7K
By Neon_chocolates

  Thanks to Mona-mae for the picture.                        

                   CHAPTER 11

"A helicopter?" Erin shrieked in disbelief, eyes wide in amazement as she stared through the windscreen at the black behemoth that sat on the simmering tarmac, looking like a giant wasp in search of prey. She tore her gaze from the sleek machine and turned to Ethan. "What the hell are you up to now?"

Ethan turned away to hide his grin at the look of pure disbelief on Erin's face. God! He loved riling her up this way, he thought to himself as he pulled the Maserati to a halt at the edge of the wide tarmac. He was aware of her eyes boring into his side, demanding answers, but Ethan chose to ignore her, focusing his attention instead on the man in a gray jumpsuit ambling towards them.

"Have you lost your ability to speak?" Erin snapped, impatience and anger emanating from her in waves. "What is the meaning of this Ethan? I thought we were going somewhere to have a talk?"

Schooling his features into a semblance of disinterest, Ethan turned to face her. He was glad for the mirrored shades he had slipped on earlier, as his body roared in lust, the urge to kiss her again strong within him. He was sure if she could see his eyes, the desire burning in them would be a dead give away of his true feelings.

"We are going somewhere Erin," Ethan replied, his tone brusque from the effort of masking his arousal. Damn, but he had nearly lost control of his senses when he had kissed her in the lobby. The sweet, intoxicating taste of her lips and warm lush body had nearly caused him to discard his plan and instead, sweep her into his arms, take her back to her apartment and make love to that lushness until she could barely walk.

It had taken every last vestige of control to pull away from her. Even more of an effort to not simply drive to his house or the closest hotel and finish what he'd started.

The man reached the car. Up close, Ethan could see the familiar craggy features of his chief pilot.

"Just in time." The pilot commented with an easy grin. "She's ready to take off soon as you guys are on board."

"We'll be inside shortly, thanks Keagan." Ethan nodded his appreciation. He could see the curiosity on Keagan's face as he took in the woman seated beside him and suppressed another grin. He could take a wild guess at the question running through the pilot's mind.

Who was she and why was Ethan taking her up in the copter? Ethan had never had a female on board on any of his previous trips-not even his PA had been allowed on, so he understood Keagan's surprise. Hell, he was even surprised at himself. Maybe he needed his head examined.

"If you think there's one chance in hell I'm getting on that...that contraption...then you are joking." Erin's words drew him from his thoughts.

Ethan dismissed the pilot and turned back to Erin, not hiding the smirk this time.

"Well, it's either you come with me Sweetcheeks, or you're gonna have to walk all the way home." He allowed his gaze to slide down to her legs, taking in the shoes on her feet. "I don't think those lovely shoes were made for long distance walking and right now, we're a long way from home."

Her cheeks turned pink under the onslaught of his gaze but the stubborn look remained. "I'll call a cab, even if I have to pay a fortune."

Amusement rippled through Ethan when he realized she still hadn't remembered. "Go ahead."

Erin shot him a dirty look, then reached for her purse. A puzzled look replaced the frown when her hands came up empty.

Ethan chuckled, thoroughly enjoying himself. "Lost something?"

She was silent for a moment, deep in thought. Watching her face, Ethan knew the exact moment she remembered. A crimson blush suffused her cheeks and she steadfastly refused to meet his gaze. A quiet stream of unladylike curses filled the car, causing him to burst out in full blown laughter.

She finally faced him and Ethan's laughter died down at the new expression on Erin's face. Hurt.

"You really hate me that much." The quiet words carried a wealth of emotion, leaving Ethan with a strange sense of guilt. Which was absurd because he had done nothing to feel guilty about.

Ethan scowled, suddenly not liking where this conversation was heading. "Why would you say that?" He asked.

Erin sighed and shook her head. "It doesn't matter." The hurt was gone now, to be replaced with her usual stubborn tone. "I'm done playing your stupid game Ethan. I have a date and there's no way I'm standing him up for your shenanigans."

She yanked open the door and slid out, leaving Ethan rooted to his seat. His jaw tightened as waves of jealousy washed through him. No doubt, she was referring to that damned doctor. An image of Erin locked in his arms blazed through his brain and he nearly growled out loud, fingers tightening on the steering wheel.

The door slamming hard enough to rattle the windows broke the spell and with a loud curse, he slid out the car. Damn woman and her foolish temper.

Erin was already stalking away towards the double gates of the private hangar, head held high, the tantalizing sway of her hips setting his blood on fire and Ethan let out another curse.

"Erin." He raised his voice so she could hear him over the wind. "Get back here at once woman!"

Her steps faltered but then she carried on, not sparing him a look or a reply.

***

Erin was hopping mad. Mad at herself for letting that bastard get the better of her once more. And mad at said bastard for manipulating her this way.

She heard him call to her. Even in the distance, the cold fury in his tone caused her steps to falter but she stubbornly soldiered on. There was no way in hell she was going back, no way she would get on that monstrosity with him. Certainly not after that kiss.

Shame and hurt tightened around her heart. Erin had foolishly let herself believe Ethan had kissed her because he wanted her, found her irresistible but in the car, she'd finally seen the truth. The bastard had planned to kiss her all along, knowing she would be so distracted by it that he could make her do anything he wanted. And it rankled to think that if Ethan had suggested they go back to her apartment or his to make love, she would have readily agreed.

It was why she had sat quietly in the damned car for the ride here. Because she had been hoping Ethan felt the same way about her. The stupid sod!

Erin heard crunching footsteps behind her. Quick angry strides that told her without needing to turn around that Ethan was coming up behind her. An instant later, her arm was seized roughly and spun about to face him.

His handsome face was suffused with fury, lips a thin line, eyes glinting icy fire at her. Erin felt her own anger build till it matched his own, and she glared right back.

"Where the hell do you think you're going?" Despite his anger, Ethan's tone was quiet, too quiet.

"Where do you think?" Erin snarled, eyes blazing a challenge. "Away from you."

"You're being childish again Sweetcheeks." His voice held a wealth of impatience. "You certainly didn't offer much protest when we came here in the first place or are you afraid I'll kiss you senseless again?"

"That kiss was a mistake." Erin snapped, shaking off his grip. "One that will never happen again. I'd rather kiss a slimy toad before I let you touch me ever again."

His amused chuckle only served to infuriate her more. The fury on his place was replaced by a smug, confident look and Erin's fingers itched to slap that look off his face. "We'll see Sweetcheeks. Fine, go ahead and leave if you want, have a pleasant walk back to Chicago."

He spun around and walked away, leaving a stunned Erin staring at his back. What the hell had just happened? He was actually letting her leave?

******.

Ethan smirked to himself as he strode away, willing to bet a million bucks that Erin was standing there looking at his back and wondering if he'd lost his mind.

He walked past the car, pausing only to retrieve his briefcase and make sure the doors were securely locked before going on towards the waiting copter. Keagan was already seated in the pilot's seat, doing last minute checks. The pilot looked up when Ethan climbed aboard, settling into the back seat.

"Change of plans boss?" Keagan asked when he noticed his employer was alone.

Ethan chuckled, slipping on a pair of headphones before replying. "She'll be along in a minute. Just be ready to take off soon as she's on board."

"Sure thing." The pilot nodded, his mind ablaze with questions he did not dare ask. Though his glimpse of the brunette had been brief, Keagan had recognized her as the woman pictured alongside his boss in that article a couple of days ago- some rich heiress or the other. Scanning the rows of dials on the dashboard, he wondered if the article had been true and if so, she was certainly not the kind of woman Ethan usually dated. That in itself was quite odd.

Five minutes passed, then ten and Keagan checked his watch, wondering if they were ever going to leave for their destination. Maybe the woman had changed her mind? He wouldn't be too surprised, judging from the tension that had seemed to emanate in waves between the two of them.

He stole a covert look at his boss. Ethan was going through papers from his briefcase and even though he looked the picture of nonchalance, there was a tension about him that betrayed the uneasiness he felt. He managed to look away quickly just as Ethan looked up and scanned the area, lips pursed in worry.

"Where the hell is she?" Ethan muttered, silently hoping the foolish woman had not stubbornly decided to walk all the way to the road. "I swear to God, I'll wring her neck if she...."

His words cut off at the sound of her heels beating an impatient rhythm on the tarmac as she approached. Relief swept through him when she appeared at the open door, face devoid of emotion.

Erin pointedly ignored the hand Ethan held out to assist her, instead, gripping the sides of the door and hurling herself up. She tossed him a look that promised retribution and turned away, staring straight ahead in tight-lipped silence. Chuckling to himself, Ethan returned his attention to the papers.

"You might want to strap in ma'am." Keagan came round to the passenger side and handed Erin a pair of headphones. "And put these on too, will help with the noise and it's a communicator too."

Erin simply nodded and allowed herself to be securely strapped in, sliding on the headphones. She held herself as stiff as a board, not even flinching when the pilot slid the door shut.

A moment later, the engine roared to life, the blades gathering momentum until the big bird lifted off.

"ETA in fifteen minutes boss." Keagan's voice came over the earpiece and Ethan nodded.

********

The copter touched down gently on the helipad and the pilot began the task of shutting down the engines. Erin leaned forward to peer out the window, wondering where they were. The wind and dust churned up by the rotor blades made it impossible to see out.

She leaned back against the seat and bit down on her lower lip to stop the flow of questions. There was no way in hell she would ask Ethan anything, she'd rather die of curiosity first.

Erin wondered what Todd would think when she failed to show up for their date. A flash of guilt churned in her gut. How could she have let one simple kiss scramble her brain and lead her into this trap? Deep down, Erin knew the answer to that question but she refused to acknowledge it.

She was extremely conscious of Ethan's disconcerting presence beside her, her pulse leaping to her throat when he suddenly leaned over.

"Let me get that for you." His words washed over her, setting already frayed nerves on fire as he reached for the harness around her waist.

"Don't touch me!" Erin snapped, shrinking away from his touch. She glared at him. "I'm not completely helpless you bastard."

An eyebrow rose in mild surprise at her vehement words. "I never said you were helpless Erin."

The pilot's voice came over the intercom. "We're at the marina boss, the yacht's ready to set sail."

"Yacht?" Erin's voice rose sharply in mild panic. She skewered Ethan with a look that could peel flesh. "Just what the hell are you up to?"

He shrugged, turning away to open the door. A warm salty breeze hit Erin's face, ruffling strands of her hair and she realized they must be close to the sea or lake.

"We are going to have a talk, then dinner." Ethan replied, his tone brooking no arguments.

****

The Serenity was a magnificent boat, screaming elegance and money from stern to bow. The interior was even more mind boggling, the furniture top grade and carefully chosen to exude comfort.

Erin sat on the bed in the stateroom, still fuming over Ethan's high handed behavior. Why this was tantamount to kidnapping, for every fiber of her being wished she were anywhere else. She could feel the rolling and swaying motion that indicated the boat had already set sail.

The door opened again and Ethan came in, the room seeming to shrink under his very presence. Erin rose from the bed and shot him a glare as he came further into the room.

"I hope you're happy with yourself." She said caustically.

The devil had the effrontery to grin widely. "Oh I am, immensely."

Her eyes narrowed and Erin folded her arms across her chest. "Tell me something Ethan," She snapped. "Just what do you stand to gain from kidnapping me?"

He chuckled, his mirth only raising her ire. Moving close till they stood face to face, his eyes mocked her assertion, silently daring her to say it again.

"It's not kidnapping if the 'victim' is willing. And you forget, I have witnesses who'll swear you left the hotel under your own steam."

"Yes, after you-" Erin broke off, unwilling to finish the sentence.

"After I what?" Ethan taunted, stepping even closer, causing her to back up until the back of her knees hit the bed. His eyes raked over her body, ice blue irises narrowed in challenge. His tone changed, softened and became deep, a warm caress over her skin. "After I kissed you and made you so hot for me you'd have followed me to the ends of the earth?"

He lifted a hand to lightly stroke her cheek, blazing a slow, fiery path down to linger on her full lips. " Tell me Erin, if I'd taken you back to your apartment, would you have stopped me from making love to you?"

"Yes!" The denial slipped from her lips though her heart told her otherwise. Ethan's laugh told her he didn't believe her either.

Cupping her chin, Ethan raised her lips to his, taking her mouth in a soul shattering kiss for the second time that day.

The kiss quickly spiraled out of control. One minute they were standing together and the next, Ethan's arm came around her waist, pushing her back onto the silken sheets. They fell in a tangle of arms and legs, mouths still melded together as their arms seeking each other, touching, feeling.

Erin moaned as Ethan's hands gripped her hips, tugging the hem of her dress to her thighs, rough callused hands stroking her smooth bare skin with such expertise, stoking the fires of lust within Erin till she feared she would spontaneously explode with need. Her own fingers frantically reached for the hem of his t-shirt, dragging the fabric up till she could touch his hot, firm abs.

She triumphed in the shiver that racked through his body at her touch, the gesture making her bold enough to rip the shirt off him, all the while conscious of his hands creeping ever closer to the source of liquid heat pooling at her core.

Erin cried out as his fingers slipped past the flimsy panties she wore and sliding into her. Arching off the bed from the force of the orgasm that racked her body, her fingers gripped his steely forearms like a lifeline while Ethan's mouth swallowed the sweet sexy sounds she made.

As the shivers subsided, she was conscious that he'd moved but only to divest himself of his clothing. Then he was back, taking her to heights of pleasure again and again with his hands and mouth until Erin thought she could stand no more. Then Ethan joined them in one swift hard thrust and the world soared out of control once more.

*******.

The insistent buzzing of a phone drew Erin from slumber. She stirred with a smile, her body still incredibly relaxed after.....

"Oh God!" Erin shot up from the bed as the memories came flooding back. Horror at what she'd done suffused her. What had she done? How could she even face Nicky or her family after this?

She glanced back at the bed, finding it devoid of Ethan's presence. The discovery stung worse than if he'd been there in the first place. The room was also empty of his presence and for the second time that day, Erin felt tears of humiliation prick her eyelids. She dashed them away with determined swipes of her hand, the other clutching the sheet to her body. Nicky's words of caution floated in her head and she groaned aloud. What kind of woman went to bed with the man who threatened to destroy her?

A fool. She was all kinds of fool for letting her body dictate her actions rather than her brain.

The phone buzzed angrily again, startling Erin from her self deprecation. Gathering the sheets around her naked body, she slid off the bed and padded bare foot across the surprisingly soft shag carpet towards the source of the sound.

A gasp of shock escaped her when she spotted her missing purse resting on the ornate bronze dresser.

"That bastard!" The words were a whisper of outrage as Erin realized he'd also manipulated her into coming here in the first place. He'd made her believe she'd forgotten her purse on the floor of the lobby, meanwhile the lying creep had had it with him. Fresh waves of anger and shame warred within her and she turned away from the offending object, seeking out her clothes. She found them lying neatly on an armchair, no sign of the previous haste with which she'd been divested of them.

Dressing hurriedly, Erin's mind ran through a whole gamut of emotions, ranging from anger to humiliation and finally settling to a cold simmer of revenge. Ethan Lachlan was going to pay for manipulating her this way. She swore silently. He sought to destroy and humiliate her right?

"Well, I've got news for you Mr. Lachlan." She snarled into the empty room. "I can play this game too and when I play, I play to win."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42 7 8
Billionaire Ashton Brooks has a bad reputation that he just can't seem to shake. He's rude, spoiled, toys with women, and mocks anyone below him. He'...
1.7M 63.3K 47
"You have already ruined my life, what else do you want?", I barked at him. "Ten minutes", he muttered. "What?", I asked as I was unable to hear him...
58.5K 4.9K 44
Infertility! A simple word but can create havoc in a woman's life. Specifically, if that said woman's husband is having an affair with his long-time...
4.1M 124K 35
Jessica Summers is a simple and a beautiful young lady who has recently lost her parents and has moved to stay with her aunt. Within a few weeks, her...