Hunger Games: Peeta Mellark ×...

By goth018

You are the best friend of Katniss Everdeen and Gale Hawthorn. You are an orphan who was taken in by the Ever... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter: 4
Chapter: 5
Chapter: 7

Chapter: 6

288 8 7
By goth018

+Y/n p.o.v+

You and Peeta were both entranced as you were guided off the train and put into what reminded you of a peacekeeper's vehicle but you didn't pay much mind to it seeing as your attention was caught once more by the sight of the Capitol and to be honest, you really couldn't help but gawk at it all.

"Y/n," Effie calls out your name.

"Uh. Yes?" It takes you a second to reel back your brain.

"We're here, darling", Effie says with a huge smile.

Out of the corner of your eye, you glance over at where Peeta was seated next to you, only to find he was gone. Turning back to Effie to ask but she's getting out of the vehicle. She shuts her door before opening your own.

"C'mon dear, we don't have a single second to waste." She says helping you out.

You don't see Peeta or Haymitch anywhere. "Oh, don't worry, Haymitch just took Peeta to get prepped and ready for tonight," Effie tells you, guiding you into a building and down a hallway.

"Tonight?" you ask, curiosity lacing your tone as you observe the hallways.

"Yes, tonight's the first ceremony! Isn't that exciting!" she responds excitement practically oozing from her voice.

You remained silent letting this information soak in.

"Alright, here we go," Effie says opening a door and pulling you into it.

There's a single metal table with lights glowing in it at the back of the room, it has a piece of what you assume is clothing folded on it.

"Y/n, that gown there is for you to change into before your prep team gets here," Effie tells you.

"I'm going to let you get changed and then I will see you in a little while. " Effie continues.

"Where are you going?" You ask her.

"Oh, just to sort some stuff out for tonight. I promise I will see you later." She says with a reasurring smile before walking out of the room.

Turning to face the table you stare at it for a moment, You might as well get this over and done with.

Taking off your dress, you fold it neatly and place it at the end of the table. Also, you reach down to undo your boots, once out of them you make sure to push your knife deeper into the boot that holding it even stuffing both socks into the boot as a precaution. You didn't want anyone to see it.

With your dress and boots off, you are left standing in your underwear but that doesn't last long as you quickly put on the gown. Its material was thin and rough.

Hopping onto the glowing table, you take the chance to closely inspect the room. It was pretty bland, minus a few objects on a rack and a sink.

The room's door opening pulled your eyes to it.

It consisted of 3 people, 2 women, and 1 guy. They introduced themselves the ladies were Octavia who was doing your nails and Venia who was going to wax your body apparently and then the guy's name was Flavius who was going to style your hair.

All had completely unnatural looking features, that you could tell they had heavily accentuated with colorful hair and makeup.

First, they had dragged you to a room that was way bigger and had lots of people. They scrubbed you down and then Octavia cleaned your nails, hands, and feet.

When that was over you experienced the pain that was being waxed, R-i-i-i-p! You grit your teeth as Venia, a woman with aqua hair, yanked a strip of wax from your leg tearing out the hair from it. "Sorry!" she mutters in her bizarre accent. "You're just so hairy!" She continues before walking over to a table where Flavius is at.

You could hear them murmuring to each other. You bent your head back to look at them, "What's that?... What's that?" You ask. Flavius caught your eyes "We were just saying we might have to hose you down again before we give you to Cinna." He said.

Oh, you would give anything to be back at home.

After they had plucked, pulled, and stripped all the hair they deemed unnecessary as well as the first 3 layers of skin from your body, Flavius and Venia started doing doing up your hair and Octavia began to paint your nails.

You don't know how long you were in that room but it felt like an eternity, when everything was done you were put back into the little room you had originally been in.

Laying on the table you stare at the ceiling. The room's door suddenly opening once again making you to sit up.

A man, dressed in all black was walking towards you. He had a relaxed vibe rolling off him.

"That was one of the bravest things I've ever seen. With your sister? Was it? My name is Cinna, " He says to you, reaching out a hand.

"Y/n", you tell him, shaking his hand.

"I'm sorry that this happened to you. I'm here to help you in any way that I can. " Cinna says, taking a step back.

"Most people just congratulate me," you say to him with a slight scoff.

"I don't see the point in that." He responds.

"So tonight, they have the tribute parade, they take you out and show you off to the world." He continues.

You turn your gaze to your lap for a second before looking back at him.

"So you're here to make me look pretty?" you ask, raising a brow.

"I'm here to help you make an impression," Cinna responds.

"Now usually they dress people in the clothes of their district." He tells you.

"Yeah, ours is coal miners." You answer with a nod.

"Yeah, but I don't wanna do that, " He says with a small smirk.

"I wanna do something that their gonna remember, " He tells you.

"Did they explain how to get sponsors?" He asks.

"Yeah, but I'm not very good at making friends." You tell him.

"We'll see, " He responds, smirk widening.

"I just think somebody that brave, shouldn't be dressed up in some stupid costume should they?" He asks, moving a piece of your hair.

"No," you respond, smiling at him.

------------------------+timeskip+---------------------

-Y/n p.o.v-

When you and Cinna had finished talking he had dressed you in a black fabric bodysuit as well as your own boots. You were relieved when you still felt your father's knife inside of it.

When you were all dressed and finished, Cinna had your prep team come back to begin your hair and makeup. When they had finished you honestly didn't recognize yourself.

Cinna came and took you to a room that was filled with what you guessed from the costumes, the other tributes. Cinna pulled you along until you saw Peeta, he was standing next to a chariot getting his hair touched up by one of his prep team members. The prep member left at the sight of you and Cinna.

"Okay, this is safe I promise, " Cinna said as he pulled out a stick that seemed to flame up out of thin air.

"It's not real fire, the suits are built so that you won't feel a thing." He says.

You nodded at him.

"It looks pretty real to me," Peeta tells him.

"Well, That's the idea," Cinna responds.

"Okay, you ready? Don't be afraid. " He says stepping over to you.

"I'm not afraid." You tell him, partly true.

Cinna guides you and Peeta up to your guy's chariot. You watch as the other tributes start to get into their own as well.

And then everyone is moving and the next thing you know the only thing your sight can see is people cheering.

You look around, seeing the people's faces they all look ecstatic. Your eyes frantically look around until you see a flag with your face on it and the fire behind you.

Unexpectedly you feel a hand grab yours, you pull away looking over at Peeta with a puzzled expression.

"C'mon they'll love it," Peeta whispers to you.

The idea becomes clear and you hesitantly take his hand. He lifts them up in the air, arousing a new wave of cheering.

A smile takes over your face and you grab a rose that was thrown at you, lifting in the air to join your arms. A small glimmer of hope makes its way into your heart.

Cinna has given you a great advantage, no one is going to forget you.

The chariots slowly make their stops and your flames go out.

You see an older man with snow-white hair and a beard step up to a podium.

"Welcome, "He lifts his hands up, signaling for the crowd to quiet down.

"Welcome! Tributes, we welcome you. We salute your courage and your sacrifice." He continues. You glance over at Peeta, he does the same to you before going back to stare at the white-haired man.

"And we wish you, a happy hunger games, and may the odds be ever in your favor." The man finishes.

The chariots begin to move again, heading for the room they were originally in. When you and Peeta get off of them, Cinna, followed by the prep team, along with Effie and Haymitch walk up to meet you both.

"That was amazing," Cinna tells you both.

"Oh! We are all anybody's going to be talking about!" Effie says, a look of pride on her face.

"So brave," Haymitch says looking at you with mock excitement.

"Are you sure you should be near an open flame?" You ask condescendingly to Haymitch.

"Fake Flame. Are you sure you s-, "He trails of his sentence, looking over your shoulder?

You follow his gaze meeting eyes with a buff blonde boy, who's staring at you all.

Haymitch lets out a sigh " Let's uh- Let's go upstairs." He says pointing up for a second. Effie grabs you and Peeta, guiding you after Haymitch.

"So each of the districts gets there own floors and since your district 12 you get the penthouse!" Effie tells you and Peeta excitedly.

--------------------------+timeskip+-------------------
+Y/n p.o.v+

Haymitch and Effie guided you to an elevator that rode for a minute before opening doors and showing a huge room.

"That's the living room," Effie tells you and Peeta.

The place was vast. Heck, the living room was bigger than your house back in 12.

Everything had such amazing details. Peeta must have the same thoughts because he was staring with a gaping mouth.

"I know! I know!" Effie says amused at yours and Peeta's expressions.

"Now, why don't you two go get cleaned up, hm?" she advises.

You felt a hand grab your wrist, it was Effie she was dragging you down a hallway and after a couple of seconds of being dragged like a rag doll Effie halted in front of a door, but then promptly pulls you in with her. Deja Vu.

"This is your room, for now. If you need anything, please do not hesitate to ask." She says happily.

The room is massive. There's a large bed with a night stand, a tv, and a very wide window.

"There should be some clothes for you in the closet and the bathroom is to your right, I can have someone come in and help you undress?" She continued.

"No! Uh..No, thank you. I can undress alone, " you say to her. You would very much like to be alone for a few minutes.

"Oh, alright. Well, come to the dining room when you're ready then." She responds.

"Thank you," you tell her. She smiles at you and then takes to her leave.

Once Effie is gone from your sight you let out a sigh, the day has been seriously draining.

You peel off your boots and set them at the end of the bed before walking over to the bathroom. Just like the rest of the apartment, it's big too.

Removing the bodysuit you toss it into a corner and turning to the mirror you see an array of beauty products you attempt to find something that at least resembled face wash. Finding a light pink bottle that said facial wash, you hastily scrub off the makeup from your face. The scent of the face wash was actually pretty pleasant, it had a strawberry aroma.

After drying your face, you began to undo your hair's braids it took you a couple of minutes to get them all but once they were out you ran your hands through the hair and decide to leave it down. At least to give your scalp a break. You did keep a hair elastic though. Just in case.

Getting out of the bathroom you walked over to the closest and find it full of clothes. Some much too extravagant for your taste. But to your surprise, you found your reaping dress in the midst of them all it seemed to have been freshly washed. You were relieved it hadn't been taken from you.

Veering back to the task at hand, which was to find some PJs, You grabbed the simplest clothes you could find a which consisted of a plain black shirt, gray sweatpants, and a pair of fluffy socks.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Hi! Hope your day has been good.

-Goth☠

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.6K 1.5K 19
"I think, erm, well, I think that I love you." he replied nervously, unsure of how she was going to take this revelation. "I think that I love you as...
131K 4.5K 19
Y/n L/n. Katniss Everdeen. These girls have known each other since they were children, grew up best friends, and were inseperable. And to the public...
3.9K 143 20
"And Gale. I know him. He won't be shouting and cheering. But he'll be watching, every moment, every twist and turn, and willing me to come home." ...