Our 15 years

By sunflower_blooming

How does puppy love becomes true love? Is 15 years enough for the evolution? Ashton met Finn when he was st... More

01| New Start
02| First Sight
03| Acceptance
04| Close contact
05| Falling deeper
06| Exposed
07| Good bye, puppy love
08| 6 years later
09| Fake boyfriend
10| Daily night calls
11| First date
12| Love blossoming
13| Pain
14| Loving you
15| Losing Battle
16| Persuasion
18| Reminiscing
19| Officially Together
20| Stronger together
21| Accident
22| Separation
23| 5 years later
24| Forgotten
25| Pushing away
26| Flashback
27| Missing
Author's Note
28| Deja Vu
29| Confession
30| He's engaged
31| More familiarity
32| Selfish Love
33| Pandora's Box
34| I am Back
35| Hatred
Author's Note
36| Fake marriage
37| Broken
38| Dilemma
39| Suffering in silence
40| Truth
41| Letting go
42| Divorce
43| Hell
44| Fairy Godmothers
45| Brave for love
46| Kidnapped
47| Rogue
48| Escape plan
49| You above all
50| In the name of love
50+1 |Epilogue
Announcement

17| Decision

92 36 41
By sunflower_blooming

Thanks Ay_Ade for my new book cover! 😘😘

Please comment and vote! :)

Finn's POV

Tonight, for known reasons, my shoulders were tight. I tossed and turned on my bed, but I couldn't sleep. My mind kept replaying the conversation with Kingston earlier.

But after you came back to his life, I feel that my younger brother came back to me. You revived the dead part in him. But now, he's like a zombie. I am really worried for him. Ms Finn, can you bring him back to me, again?"

*****

the next day

I was tired as hell, weary with the burden of long-closed eyes; I could of easily pulled off being a walking zombie, dead on the inside but subconsciously awake. I was lucky it was a weekend so I didn't have to work.

Therefore, I was going to spend some me-time at the cafe near my place- one of my favourite hideout these few years. They serve a wide variety of drinks ranging from tea series to coffee beverages to non-caffeine drinks. They also have a plethora of cakes to choose from. Most importantly, the ambience of the cafe is quiet and comforting. It's a place where I feel calm and relax.

"Can I join you? " a voice asked as I took a sip of my hot chocolate.

Remus' POV

I saw Finn walking into the cafe, ordered her usual drink and sat at her usual spot. She looks different today, she sat, tired-eyed, and slumped over the table.

"Can I join you? " I asked as I approached her.

She looked at my through her long eye lashes, smiled awkwardly and nodded.

"How have you been? " I asked casually.

"Good, pretty good. What about you? " she replied as she took another sip of her drink.

I knew she's lying as she avoided eye contact with me. She's no good, she's surely far from good. I thought to myself. But I chose not to probe for now.

"I've been busy with work lately. And, I've been keeping an eye on you, " I replied sheepishly.

She almost choked on her drink when she heard that.

"Well, I.. Um.. I hired a private detective to follow you.. " I replied chastened.

"You what?! " her voice with pure shock.

"Um, I told you that I'm not going to give up just like that, so I needed to come out with a plan. I refuse to believe that there's something going on between the both of you. But I needed proof. However... " I paused.

White knuckles from clenching her fist too hard, and gritted teeth from effort to remain silent, her hunched form exuded an animosity that was like acid - burning, slicing, potent. Her face was red with suppressed rage. She stood up from her chair and was ready to leave the cafe.

I grabbed onto her wrist and pleaded her to stay on to listen to what I've got to say. After some consideration, she sat down, with pure rage.

"I know I shouldn't have done it, so I can understand why you're so angry. But what I want to tell you is that, I think you made the right choice of choosing him," I said truthfully.

Finn's POV

I was having a roller coaster ride mentally. For one second I was shocked, till being angry the next second and now I'm confused.

"Judging from the way both of you act around each other in the photo my private detective passed me, clearly you're in love. Both of you seems to complement each other so well. Without words exchanged, he knows what you want and you always seems to be receptive to whatever he does. Everything between the both of you just seems so genuine and natural. From the way he looks at you, it feels like you're all that's left in the whole world. The smile you put on whenever he's around you, it was as if you've strike lottery," he paused.

"To be honest, I've never seen this smile on you in our past 4 years of relationship," he continued.

The anger that I was feeling started to cease as I listened to his words.

"Remember that day when he couldn't find you in the fun fair? He was looking around for you frantically. He looked like a lost puppy. It was as if I could sense his emotions even through the photos.. His terror mounted with every step, it was a fear that almost unmanned him. But the moment he saw you, all the fears were replaced with relief and tears of joy," he continued.

As he mentioned about the incident, memories came back to me. Then reality hit me. I miss his hugs, his touch and most importantly, I miss him.

"Losing you was never my intention. But losing you to him, I lost convincingly. Because I know that if anything bad happens to you in the future, he'll definitely take the bullet for you without second thoughts. So I'm at ease knowing that he's the right one for you. I give my blessing to the both of you," Remus concluded as he flashed a genuine smile.

"Thanks Remus," I mirrored his smile.

"You look sad when I saw you just now. I don't know why and I am not going to probe. But I feel that if there is a problem, we should find a way to solve it. Because God will not give us a problem if there isn't any solution," he gave a pat on my hands before turning to take his leave.

After speaking to Remus, it felt like we had put a closure between the 2 of us. At the same time, I felt a burden lifted from my shoulder. Most importantly, it gave me courage to make a decision. But before that, I have a call to make.

*****

In Finn's apartment

After finishing my hot chocolate, I made my way home because I wanted to speak to my sister about my decision.

Doreen, my older sister is happily married with a pair of twins of the age of 5. She met her husband when she was doing overseas voluntary work and have been happily married for 7 years.

I dialled her mobile and waited for a couple of rings before she picks up.

Finn
Sis, isit a convenient time now? I have something tell you.

Doreen
Of course my little sister! Your brother in-law is out with his friends and I've just read bedtime story to your nieces. Whats's up?

Finn
I broke up with Remus a few months back.

Doreen
No wonder I hadn't heard from him for quite a bit. But I guess its no big deal. You're the one that's going to live with him for the rest of your life. If you feel he's not the one, then find another one.

Finn
As a matter of fact, I think I found him. But...

Doreen
That's great!! But why is there a but at the end of your sentence? Don't tell me he's married or you're a third party in someone else's relationship!

Finn
No! It isn't. Its just that, he's younger than me. And when I say younger, he's really alot younger than me.

Doreen
Mm, how much younger?

Finn
He's 13 years younger. He's one of my students's brother.

Doreen
Are you sure he's the one?

Finn
Yes.

Doreen
Then I am very happy for you.

Finn
You mean you wouldn't think it's weird? Or won't you object us or anything?

Doreen
Why should I? When you replied yes, I can feel the determination in your voice. I know deep down, you have already made your decision. You just needed someone to affirm it. Finn, once you have made a decision, just do it. Ignore what the rest has to say. Because you're my family and your happiness is all that matters to me. If he's the one, hold tight and never let him go. Big sis here will definitely support you!

With the support from my sister, it gave me extra motivation to what I am going to do next. That night, I went to bed with a smile, knowing these 2 facts:

1) I realized how I wasted my time worrying about what other people think instead of focusing on myself.

2) I love Ashton, so I am going to win him back.

/ to be continued /

❤️

A big thank you to x_silverwing_xx for voting for my story! 🙆‍♀️🙆‍♀️ This chapter is for you! 😉

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 23.9K 30
"I want to go back to my old ways." Ezra said in a monotone. It felt like he held no emotion. I stood dumbfounded not knowing what to do? "I tried yo...
61.9K 4.3K 70
Life is hard. Specially when you're a high schooler. You can never know when your life is about to go up. And you 'especially' can never know when it...
4.4K 497 49
Things I knew about Derek Nash: He wasn't of this world. He would never belong here, no matter how hard he tried. Despite this, I was deeply obses...
29.5K 1K 31
"I hate-no dislike you a thousand times that you may never feel because of that thick wall of ice around your heart. That thick ice that no one might...