The Gate of E.N.D.

By AbbyLe_

When a tragic accident strikes Fairy Tail, Lucy finds herself with a new key. But this key is more powerful a... More

Chapter 1: The Job
Chapter 2: Fighting the Monster
Chapter 3: Taking Natsu Back Home
Chapter 4: Lucy and Gray
Chapter 5: The Details
Chapter 6: The Funeral
Chapter 7: E.N.D.
Chapter 8: An Explanation
Chapter 9: A Plan
Chapter 10: The Mistake
Chapter 11: Setting Off
Chapter 12: Flying to Hargeon
Chapter 13: The Boat
Chapter 14: Caracole Island
Chapter 15: Infiltrating the Enemy
Chapter 16: The Alvarez Empire
Chapter 17: Carla and Happy
Chapter 18: The Prison
Chapter 19: Carla's Journey
Chapter 21: Meeting Jellal
Chapter 22: E.N.D.'s Rampage
Chapter 23: Zeref's Plan
Chapter 24: The Unwanted Date
Chapter 25: Captured Again
Chapter 26: Back in the Empire
Chapter 27: Fairy Tail Prepares for War
Chapter 28: A Sense of Urgency
Chapter 29: Getting into the Palace
Chapter 30: Sorano's Help
Chapter 31: The Brandish Squad
Chapter 32: Arriving at Fairy Tail
Chapter 33: Gray v.s. Invel
Chapter 34: Lucy v.s. Dimaria
Chapter 35: Team Natsu v.s. Irene
Chapter 36: August
Chapter 37: The E.N.D.
Epilogue

Chapter 20: Hiding Out

385 11 0
By AbbyLe_

Lucy was the first to rise, so she made coffee and walked out onto the balcony, forgetting Erza was sleeping there. 

"Good morning, Lucy."

Lucy jumped. "Sorry! I forgot you were sleeping here."

"Don't worry about it." Erza sighed. "It's not like I slept anyways."

Lucy sat cross legged on the floor. "Why not?"

"I just kept thinking about our options. I'm not really sure what to do. I mean, this is a critical situation. One wrong move and we're dead."

"I personally don't think we should try to infiltrate again. We were easily caught and being in prison again wouldn't help anyone."

Erza nodded. "I agree. I need to find a way to contact Jellal, so we can get information from him."

Lucy gasped before doubling over in laughter. "He didn't know we escaped! He's probably freaking out right now!"

Erza chuckled. "Oh my God, you're probably right!"

"Poor Jellal!" 

Gray opened the door with an annoyed expression. "Must you wake everyone up with your hyena laughter?"

"Sorry."

"Want some coffee?" Lucy offered. "I made enough for everyone."

"Sure, thanks." He replied.

"I'll get you some too, Erza." Lucy said as she went back inside.

"Any luck?" Gray asked as he leaned on the railing.

Erza shook her head. "No. Lucy and I both decided we shouldn't try to infiltrate again, though."

He nodded. "That's probably a good call. I was thinking we could persuade Zeref to stop the invasion."

"But how? What can we offer Zeref?"

"I meant by force." He said seriously. "We could kill his armies."

"I doubt he'd care. He's using them as pawns to get what he wants." Erza sighed. "But it's an idea."

"Damn, I thought that would work." He punched the railing, before grabbing his hand. "Ow!"

She smirked in amusement. "Not as tough as you though you were?"

"Shut up..."

Lucy came back out with coffee. She looked alarmed. "Wendy's still sleeping, but I can't find Happy. And I searched the entire suite."

Erza's eyes widened. "You don't suppose he left the hotel?"

Lucy's face was grim. "I hope not."

"That cat better not get us recaptured." Gray hissed.

"Hey guys!" Happy startled them all by landing on the railing.

"Where the hell were you?!" Lucy demanded.

He looked at the angry trio in fear. "Talking to Jellal..."

"What?" Erza snapped. "Why did you even leave?!"

"You could've gotten captured!" Gray fumed.

"Listen! I was careful. I just told Jellal how we escaped and that we're hiding safely. We set up a rendezvous spot so we can exchange information. He said he'll try to meet us there every 3 days at night, starting today ." Happy explained.

"Where's the rendezvous?" Erza asked. 

"The park Lucy and I waited in. He said there's a large cherry blossom tree. He said he's gonna be dressed as a commoner and we should disguise ourselves." 

Erza smirked. "It seems we'll need to be a family again."

"No!" Gray's eyes widened.

"Yes. We'll have to mix it up, though. The same people going there is suspicious. And at least one of us has to stay here." She looked at Lucy. "Do you mind staying here tonight?" Lucy shook her head. "Good."

"Can't I stay here too?" Gray whined.

Erza rolled her eyes. "Fine. Wendy and I will have a little mother-daughter day."

"You do realize you're not her actual mother, right?" Happy asked with raised eyebrows.

Erza swatted him. "Of course I do. It's called getting in character!"

"Oh no..." Lucy and Gray exchanged looks. Memories of Erza's theatrical performances ran through their minds.

"Is there a problem?" Erza demanded.

"No!" They shouted fearfully.

"Good. Maybe Jellal's information will help us form a plan." She said thoughtfully. "Gray, you and Lucy can also come up with ideas while Wendy and I are out."

"Great..." They groaned.

"Can we get some food?" Happy whined. "I'm hungry!"

Lucy side-eyed him. "I don't know whether to be angry or proud of you."

He snuggled in her arms. "Don't be mad."

She patted his head. "I'll think about it."

"Can we get room service?" Erza asked in a childish manner. "I've always wanted to!"

"Uh, it's your call." Gray scratched his head. "I think we have a little extra money."

"I can always steal some more." Wendy offered as she joined them. 

"Stealing is wrong!" They reprimanded.

Wendy threw up her hands. "I know that! It was just a suggestion, jeez."

"How much did you hear?" Gray asked.

She yawned. "Everything. I wasn't actually asleep."

"Then why didn't you join us?" Erza raised her eyebrows.

"I didn't want to listen to you argue."

Lucy smirked. "It sounds like Wendy's starting to get a bit sassy."

Her eyes widened. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to!"

"So around 8, you and I will leave, okay?" Erza said to Wendy. She nodded. "And I already picked out outfits!" She held up a pink pantsuit. "You'll look so adorable in this!"

Wendy sweat dropped. "A pantsuit...?" Gray, Lucy, and Happy started cackling before earning a glare from Erza.

"You don't like it?" Erza cried.

"No! I do! It's just different." Wendy said quickly. "But I like it."

Erza immediately smiled. "Yay!"

"Let's get Erza some food..." Gray whispered to Lucy.

"Why? I don't want more crazy Erza." She hissed.

"She'll be even crazier without food." He retorted.

She sighed. "Erza, we're gonna get you some food."

"Room service." He added.

Erza smiled happily. "Thanks, guys." She crushed them in a hug. "You're the best."

"No problem..." They said with fake smiles. They scurried inside.

"Why's Erza being so weird?" Lucy asked as she opened the menu. "Ooh, waffles!"

"Maybe she's just stressed and trying to act like she's not." Gray smirked. "She always was a bad actor."

Lucy swatted him. "Be nice."

"Erza likes waffles, right?" He glanced over her shoulder at the menu.

She shrugged. "I'm sure she does. Let's just get 4 plates. Happy can share with me."

"Okay." He ordered on the phone before sitting next to her. "Are you feeling better?"

She looked down at her hands. "Physically, yes, but mentally, no. I can't shake the torturing. I'm not sure why."

"Well, there's a lot going on right now. And I'm sure that didn't help." Gray said.

"You know, I didn't say this, but I actually thought I was gonna die during it. I was barely alive, and...I caught a glimpse of life without you guys, and it was...horrible." Her lip trembled. 

He put an arm around her. "A life without you would suck. I mean, Natsu's already kind of gone...I couldn't imagine losing you too. Who else will I tease?"

She chuckled slightly. "I'm glad I didn't die. If I die, I want to go out fighting. Because maybe then my death will mean something."

"Lucy, your death would mean everything. To us, at least."

"I know. And I feel the same about you guys."

"Why are we so depressing?" Gray shook his head. "Talking about dying..."

She shrugged. "We're just being realistic. Who knows what this war will bring."

"Hopefully not death." 

"Yeah."

Someone knocked on the door, startling them both. "Room service?"

"Dang, that was fast." Lucy commented.

Gray opened the door as the man pushed in a cart of food. "Thanks, man."

"Have a good day, sir." He bowed before leaving.

Lucy's eyes popped out her head. "Wow it all looks so good!"

"You're sounding a bit like Natsu." Gray chuckled. 

Lucy elbowed him. "ERZA! WENDY! FOOD!"

"Shhh, the whole hotel doesn't need to hear you." He rolled his eyes.

"You forgot me!" Happy sulked as he and the others joined them.

"Oops." She smirked.

"Wow, that looks yummy!" Wendy exclaimed.

Erza gobbled down a plate of waffles. "So. Good."

"Um, what happened to Miss Manners?" Gray scoffed.

"Huh?" She coughed as she swallowed. "I apologize. I should've waited for you guys."

"Are you okay, Erza?" Lucy asked worriedly as she handled Happy a waffle. "You're acting strange."

Erza sighed. "I'm sorry. I'm just stressed and worried, so I've been trying to act like I'm not."

"See, she is a bad actor." Gray mumbled to Lucy. She kicked him. "Ow!"

"Erza, you know you can talk to us, right?" Wendy squeezed her hand.

"I know." She hung her head. "I just...don't like sharing my burdens."

"They're not burdens." Happy said. "And we're a family, we're not going to judge you."

Erza smiled slightly. "I'm worried that we're not going to be able to stop Zeref in time, and we're going to fail our mission. And I'm stressed because we're  running out of time."

Wendy nodded as she chewed. "Don't worry. We're Fairy Tail. We won't fail."

"Well, we are going against probably our toughest opponent." Gray pointed out. "I mean, fighting the Black Wizard, Zeref? I'm pretty worried we won't make it out alive."

"But we have to have faith in each other and hope for the best." Lucy said firmly. "That's the only way we're gonna make it out."

"Unless there's a miracle." Wendy pointed out.

"Wow, I'm not sure if I'm more worried or less." Erza sighed. "No matter. We should do something fun while we can."

"Can we go sightseeing?" Wendy asked.

"Well, Happy couldn't go, and that's not really fair to him." Erza pointed out.

"Oh, yeah..."

"I'll bring you later, though." She said with a smile. "When you and I meet Jellal." Wendy's face broke into a bright smile.

"We could play a game." Lucy suggested.

"Okay, Grandma." Gray rolled his eyes.

"It was a suggestion." She shot back.

"We could work out." Erza smirked. 

"Noooo." Everyone groaned.

"Let's play charades." Happy suggested.

"Ooh yes!" Wendy nodded enthusiastically.

"I'm down." Gray shrugged. The others nodded.

"No teams because it's uneven." Erza said. "We'll just see who has the most correct guesses at the end. Each person gets 3 guesses per round. We'll do 5 rounds per person, so 25 total."

"This is gonna take forever." Gray groaned.

"I'll go first." Lucy said as the others settled on the couch. She pretended to shoot stuff out of her hands.

"Uh...a bird!" Wendy guessed. Lucy mimicked spiky hair.

"Me?" Gray made a face. She face palmed and pretended to shove a bunch of food in her mouth.

"Natsu!" Happy shouted. 

Lucy nodded as she sat down and he took her place. "How did you two not get that? It was so obvious!" They shrugged.

"I'll go after Happy." Erza said. "Then Wendy, then Gray."

"Why am I last?" Gray demanded. She shushed him. Happy mimed swimming and then eating. 

"A person?" Erza asked. He pretended to fish and then ran around in a circle.

"A fisherman?" Lucy guessed.

"A bird?" Wendy made a face.

"A lunatic?" Gray asked. Happy shook his head and repeated the motions. Everyone just stared at him.

A few minutes later, he gave up. "I was a fish!"

Gray cackled. "That was a fish?!"

"Shut up..." He said in embarrassment.

"Yay! My turn!" Erza jumped off the couch. She smirked as she stood in front of them. She pointed to her armor. 

"Clothes?" Happy asked. She held up one finger and then pretended to fight with a sword.

"One of your armors?" Lucy guessed. Erza nodded. The others groaned.

"But there's so many!" Gray exclaimed. Erza just smirked. She pointed to the sun and then her blue skirt.

"Wait, the sun and your skirt?" Wendy scratched her head.

"Maybe she's talking about the colors?" Gray suggested.

"Wouldn't that be too obvious?" Happy asked.

"Sunlight? Or light in general?" Lucy mused. The others pondered the strange combination with an annoyed Erza repeating the motions.

"Ooh I got it!" Wendy clapped her hands. "Light." She pointed to the sun. "Blue." She pointed to Erza's skirt. Erza nodded.

"Good job, Wendy." Gray said.

"Which of her armors is light blue?" Happy asked. The others shrugged. Erza drew imaginary clouds.

"A sheep?" Wendy asked.

"No, it looks more like grapes." Happy said. Erza groaned.

"A cloud?" Gray asked. Erza nodded but motioned him to keep going. "Wait, so more than a cloud?" Erza nodded.

"A storm?" Lucy guessed. Erza smiled. She drew things coming out of the storm and pretended there was a big explosion. "Uh..."

"A light blue armor and a storm..." Happy mused.

"Not a storm, lightning!" Gray announced. 

"Oh, her lightning armor!" Lucy cried. "Wait, but what's the actual name of it?"

"Lightning Beast!" Happy shouted.

"Lightning God?" Wendy guessed.

"Lightning Demon?" Gray smirked at Erza. Her eyes flashed with anger.

"Lightning Queen?" Lucy made a face.

"I know, I know!" Happy yelled. He dramatically pointed at Erza. "Lightning Empress!" 

Erza groaned in relief. "Finally, you guessed it."

"Why'd you have to choose something so hard to guess?" Gray pouted.

"I didn't think it would be so difficult." She responded. "I guess I overestimated  you."

"What?!" He growled. 

Wendy's turn started. She mimed reprimanding someone.

"Erza?" Lucy asked with a smug smile.

"I don't reprimand you!" Erza exclaimed.

"Uh huh, sure..." Lucy, Gray, and Happy said. Wendy shook her head and then pretended to fly. She also pointed to Happy.

"Huh?" Gray's eyebrows furrowed.

"Is it Carla?" Lucy asked gently.

Wendy nodded as she returned to the couch. "I knew that would be too obvious..." Erza patted her on the head.

"My turn." Gray said loudly. He drew an imaginary house-looking object before miming an explosion. 

"Uh, an explosion?" Lucy guessed.

"A house being destroyed?" Erza mused.

Gray pretended to yell at people, while pointing at the destroyed building, before angrily punching them. 

"Is it you yelling at Natsu?" Wendy asked. He shook his head.

"It's Master Makarov." Erza smirked. "He's getting mad at us for destroying the guild hall again."

Gray nodded. "Dang, that was too easy."

"My turn again!" Lucy exclaimed.

"So far, Lucy is winning." Erza announced. The others groaned and vowed to try harder. The game continued for many hours with Lucy emerging as the victor. Eventually, the sun started setting.

"Wendy, we should get ready." Erza said. Wendy nodded.

"I still can't believe Lucy beat us!" Happy pouted.

"Yeah, who knew the dumb blonde was actually smart." Gray commented.

Lucy whirled around. "I'm not a dumb blonde!"

"Really?" Gray arched an eyebrow.

"Yes! How many times have I saved your butt with my clever thinking?" She growled.

"How many times have you stupidly stood in the way and almost gotten killed?" He countered.

"Happy!" Lucy turned to him. "I'm not dumb, right?"

His eyes shifted between the two arguing wizards. "Not really."

"See?" Lucy said triumphantly.

"You're just really heavy and loud." He added.

"What?!" Her face turned red in embarrassment. She stormed out onto the balcony.

"Nice one, Happy." Gray smirked.

"Guys! That was mean!" Wendy frowned as she entered the room. She was wearing the pink pantsuit and put her hands on her hips.

"Well, the truth hurts." Gray shrugged.

"You want the truth?" She asked. "Your 'cool facade' is really just a show because too afraid to show you care about people and the fact you walk around in your underwear makes you look like a pervert."

"That's not true!" He shouted. Happy started cackling.

She turned on him. "Happy, your obsession with fish is ridiculous and disgusting, and you're no smarter or better than the rest of us!" She angrily went back into the bathroom to finish getting ready. She left the two in stunned silence.

"None of that is true..." Happy said uncertainly.

"Yeah..." Gray scratched his head before looking at the balcony. Lucy was nowhere to be seen. He raced outside. "Lucy?!"

She was sitting on the ground, facing the sunset, the couch shielding her from view. "What?" 

He sighed in relief. "Uh, I just didn't see you and thought you fell or something."

"Oh yeah, cause I'm so dumb." She said in a hurt voice.

"I didn't mean that..." He frowned. He opened his mouth, but Lucy cut him off.

"Can you just leave me alone?" She asked angrily.

"I'm sorry." He retreated into the living room.

"What was that about?" Erza demanded.

"Uh, I thought Lucy fell off the balcony."

"You need to apologize to her. Both of you." Erza said seriously. "Wendy told me everything. Last time I checked, we're a team. We're supposed to build each other up, not tear each other down. You should be ashamed of yourselves."

"I know..." He scratched his head.

"Wendy, let's go. You better have apologized by the time we get back." She shot Gray and Happy threatening looks before shutting the door.

"I guess I'll go first." Happy padded outside. 

Gray listened to the muffled shouting and Happy's crying. A minute of silence passed before soft voices spoke again. It sounded like Lucy accepted his apology.

Happy shortly came back inside. "I did it. She was mad, though."

Gray grunted. "Great..." He sighed before heading back outside.

"Didn't I tell you to leave me alone?" Lucy demanded as she faced him. 

"Lucy, I just wanted to apologize-" He was cut off by her slapping him harshly in the face. He caught her wrists as she prepared to punch him. "Lucy!"

Her eyes were filled with rage. "I'm sick of all of you thinking I'm just the weak link and some dumb kid who always needs to be saved! I can take care of myself!" She tried to yank her hands away, but Gray didn't budge. She kicked at him until he let go.

"Lucy, I don't understand!" Gray exclaimed. "None of us think of you like that! You're one of the smartest people I know, and you're one of the strongest wizards in Fairy Tail! Why are you so angry?!"

"Because it's true! Even if you don't admit it!" She yelled as she looked down. Her eyes suddenly widened before she ran back into the room.

"Wait, I wasn't done!" He ran after her. "Lucy!" She threw open the door and continued running through the hotel, barefoot. He caught up to her and grabbed her. "Lucy!"

"You have to let me go!" Lucy's eyes were wide as she pushed him away. "Look, I forgive you, just let me go!"

Gray looked at her worriedly and obeyed. "What's wrong?"

She hastily ran out of the hotel. "Natsu."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 35 20
Fairy tail assassins happy place but filled with death the queen of assassin Lucy heartfilia she prefers to work alone but sometimes she has no choice
3.5K 88 27
After Lucy and Natsu jokingly around put there names into a couple contest, they suprizingly come third. They end up go to a forest house with nobody...
972 24 10
"He was injured severely, but we're confident he'll recover," The doctor told her and she let out a sigh of relief. Her precious Gray would be alrigh...
41.1K 1.4K 14
The whirlwind love story of Erza Scarlet P.S. I don't own Fairy Tail or it's characters, I only own this story line concept.