Odd Deceits ( Ongoing Story )

By bebepenelopz

What's even more strange than meeting the person in your dreams before in real life? Eliana evins, the ultima... More

prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29

chapter 7

20 7 0
By bebepenelopz

He is wearing a plain white shirt with his khaki short but when I saw his expensive shoes I was shock. It contradicts my theory,  that there are two versions of him.  The rude rich boy and the soft one,  which I'm quite confused actually.

I was out of breathe to answer his question so I stay blank for a minute. his brows are linked in confusion and I don't know why I found it funny. when he walks near me I wasn't out of breath because I can't  breathe!

He's close to me and it gives off a manly scent, that I wished I can sniff for long.

I'm really sure my face is red right now so I chose to look away, avoiding his intense look. He offer his other hand to me so that urge me to look back.

When I slowly looks at his blue eyes it drives me back to my dream, where I first saw him. The way I imagine such things and how I like him there. It's quite the opposite in the real life.

He holds my hand and put something in there, some kind of electricity finds my skin and It was ticklish. And I hate the fact that it 'makes me blush even more!

When I open my hand where he put something just a minute ago, it was my missing phone. Well atleast he's not some thief in real life, I'm a little flattered.

" How did you - "

" Oh, that's how you say thank you, then welcome. "

" I didn't mean it like that. "

I said with my gritted teeth though what I'm feeling is the opposite, I'm melting. And I just want 'him to go away because in a few minutes he can break this cold heart of mine.

" How did you find me, that's what I suppose to said, but you didn't let me finish. "

I clearly said, challenging him to make a battle here if he don't stop. His face never change like how it 'is earlier. Blank huh.

" My father is the owner of this hospital, and coincidentally I just saw at a form that you're here. "

Oh, if his father owned this hospital,  then his family must've come from a family of doctors. I suppose that's what he's planning to take too.

" And I wanted to give you back, well, your phone. "

" To avoid misunderstanding, I only come here to give back your 'phone "

He did not let me finish and he seems nervous when he brings up that misunderstanding topic, I'm not thinking the other way, mister.

" Well thank you, but why do you ask if I'm doing fine earlier? "

" Wait, wait, wait you have a crush on me, too bad I don't - "

I give him my playful smile to tease him more, but he looks like he's ready to punch me any minute. He just gives back a playful smirk like what I'm doing right now.

" Don't expect too high that it's even taller than your height! "

" Wow, you're not even tall. "

I lied and pretend I'm furious and mad, though he won't even notice it like that. He turned back and head to the door without even waving goodbye. Sensitive to his height?

Just when he leaves Auntie open the door and gave an apologetic smile, and I'm glad she won't scold me right now.

I just remember now that I'm waiting for auntie to come here to ask her about my phone, and that I forget it was missing earlier, but thanks to achilles it came back.

I didn't ask his name and he didn't do that either, will it be strange if I'm the first one who do that? But whatever right? why would I even care about his name, I only 'dreamed about him.

" What happened to you? "

Auntie said sweetly, she keep something from me but it doesn't mean I should just make a big deal about that, for my whole 'life she is there. And that reason is enough to explain not being mad at all.

Maybe it's the overwhelmed feeling I had for everyone I'm closed with. That if I'll contradicts and do the opposite, guilt will kill me. 

" I'm doing fine, I guess? "

" Oh Eliana, come here. "

I leaned to her to make a warm and soothing hug. This makes me happy though. When I end our hug I gave her a genuine smile to calm her down.

" Auntie, about my Mom and Dad, did they know.. about this? "

" They do and.. "

" I know. "

" Can I have some food auntie, I'm starving. "

I laugh, and hug my knees so that she won't see the tears that is already build up. I cover my face with the comforter because it won't stop, and I hate it!

I swipe my eyes with my hands to remove it thoroughly. I smile again just to avoid suspicion, for now I don't want to talk about it.

My parents are probably didn't care right now. Maybe I should really stop 'hoping that they will care. But I can't just set that aside. I check my phone for probable message from them and like my hunch, no messages from 'them.

I should understand this situation,  a lie I'm pretending to say over and over to make myself believe they would really do it.  That they will change but I can't say no, I already dissapoint them because of the cancel wedding, I really hope the change of course I'll have in college will soothe things over.

Sometimes when I'm lonely and I want something to change immediately, I wished for it. And 'not being contented is bad, but what can I do? It's the only thing I can wish for and I hope someday it will be granted.

I'm always imagining my parents and me living in a simple life. Being happy and contented.

Happy and contentment when will you visit me? if ever you will, then feel free.

I get up just to look in the nearby window. It's raining and like what it always makes me feel like, it looks like my shrinking heart.  pouring out all it's content. Being empty, and worthless.

I want to feel the rain so badly but I might get sick to it so I prefer 'not to. The rain drops covered most of the view in the window as it pour all the way down. But when it clears a little bit I saw a figure standing there and I hate it because it pours down again, and I don't have the chance to see it again.

When I see it again, a man is currently standing there, alone and miserable. Feeling the rain and letting all of his clothes wet.

The clothes, and the back is familiar and I know that man is 'Achilles. It is him.

I immediately stand up to look for an umbrella. And I'm lucky I found one in the corner 'near to the door. Maybe I can borrow this right now.

I really hope auntie won't see me running away. Well I'm not really am but I felt guilty for it, I'm being stubborn right now. That's another cue for dissapointment,  I need to cancel this immediately.

When no one see me, I sneak my way out. Holding the umbrella tight to fight the whirling storm. The wind blew again but I need to help him. He's still the Achilles I knew for sure, something is just keeping that secret away from me.

The way I feel when I'm with him, is odd and different. I never fall that 'easily. Achilles is the first one who makes me feel like that, and I hope he's not the last one.

Why Achilles. Why are you doing this to me?

With my wet slippers I'm driven back to another memory.

" I really hate this slipper, please please please let's change our slippers! "

I'm furios because of the rain. We are supposed to have a picnic today but because of the rain, it didn't came true.

A little boy smile to me and said.

" Fine! Next time I will never lend this to you Eliana! "

Its his blue eyes again, the blue eyes that makes me fall, and the blue eyes I will always call.

" Achilles. "

I spoked when I covered him with the umbrella. His eyes met mine and I can't tell his mixed up emotions. Its either he is angry or happy that I came.

The rain makes his hair so attractive than before. Some strands of his hair lay down on his forehead. Dripping out the rain it received earlier to his nose and his pinkish lips.

His brows are connected again but I did not regret it. I'm happy that I help him, that I was there for him. That even though he may not appreciate it, it was like I win a thousand competition if there is.

I give him my genuine smile but he didn't reciprocate how genuine I gave him. And he didn't even care that I smile to him, he is still with his blank face.

That makes me feel a throbbing heart inside. He's looking at me with pain and I hate to see it,  if only I knew a way to see why.

" Why are you here, you should go back. " he said with such finality I was scared. This isn't the achilles I always saw. The first reality achilles I saw is a rude boy riding on his car, but this?

It's a version of achilles I'd like to remove. Agony and pain inflicted his gleaming eyes making the rain felt invisible as I saw it falling to his cheeks. 

" I- I saw you. "

" So what if you saw me? get back there, now. "

It's a command and I was frightened now. He's angry, that's what I know. And he didn't like that I was... Here.

When he stands up to met my gaze equally, It was hard for me to hold the umbrella higher because he's tall and I'm not that tall!

I open his fist up hand and let him hold the umbrella.

" Sorry, if I'm here. "

Sorry if you didn't like my presence and sorry that I help you. Before I go back to the hospital without any shield to the rain, I look back to him.

He's shouting but every word he spoke is inaudible for me. I can't hear a thing but the rain. The wind blew again and I shiver. My hair is wet but the wind satisfy itself by the way it waves with it.

He's running towards me but it did not stop me. I run even faster that I get to the point that I need to catch my breath. The people are looking at me with such confusion when I finally arrived inside the hospital. I open the elevator and I'm happy no one is inside it. I don't want someone to look at me right now.

I'm feeling so cold, I cross my hands in my chest trying to ease up the bitterness of the cold hour.  Trying to drift it away.

The elevator open and I found my way outside. The hallway is clear which is the way to my room. I have my own comfort room in my room so I get my spare clothes and get ready to clean my self.

I heard the door open and I wasn't surprised because I left it open in purpose. I'm starving and I'm still waiting for auntie's food.

I get the towel for my body and cover my self with it. After a minute of drying myself with the towels for my face, hair and ofcourse my body. I used a different towel each.

I also wear clothes that auntie prepared earlier.

" Eliana are you in there? "

Auntie spoked. and when I open the door I see her arranging some plates for me. She looks at me and I just smile but not really the 'genuine one. I don't want her to know a thing.

I eat silently, didn't uttering a single word. Auntie waited for me till I finish all the meal.

" I'm so 'so full! "

" if You're becoming fat Eliana, then that's good. "

" Not really necessary but I think that's good. I'm not even skinny though. "

My body is well shaped. I have a curvy body but it isn't enough to call myself having a perfect body. It range between skinny and chubby. But I'm confident when it comes to my body. I'm not shaming it. And so do everyone. We have different shapes and sizes of body but that difference is the one that makes it unique and beautiful.

I don't have any plans to think about a certain topic for Auntie, but when I remember what Auntie told me a few days ago I just wont to gossip and talk about it all over if that's alright.

But as I remember what the topic is really about, that I should not trust everyone I met, and that everyone is not really worth to trust for.

" The doctor said we can go home now if you want. "

" I would like to, Auntie. "

" But why am I here in the hospital, mom hired a personal doctors for our family. "

" They aren't in our city right now and Your parents know that. "

" Right. "

I company myself with my phone just to check on my social media, while auntie is calling the driver to drive us back home.

I'm so bored that even playing with my phone is boresome. That is why I just help auntie with the things we need to bring back to the mansion too.

Some of the bodyguards arrive inside our room. They help Auntie with the luggage we prepared earlier, and some of them helps us find our way outside and some bodyguards are walking with us in the back.

Joel open the door for me when I almost go inside our car but some memory made me stop and think for a while.

" But, but my mom and dad I don't want to leave them! "

" I don't want to leave them! "

The voice repeat over and over my mind.

" Mom, dad! "

Before someone holds me by force and let me in 'inside the car.

I almost fell in the ground but Joel hold me.  Auntie is panicking but I calm her down.

" Ma'am are you alright?! "

" Yes I'm, f-fine. "

I stumble words as chills find their way to my body down my spine. That looks like a 'memory. But I don't remember that scene. Is it even my memory?

" Auntie let's go, I'm alright I just need a water. "

I don't wait for her respond because I lift my other feet to help my self to get inside the car. I drink the water from my Tumbler which Is one of my favorite.

I tap the vacant seat beside me to gesture Auntie to go inside and sit by my side. She sighs and tap my shoulder.

I don't want to add more problems to her,  that's the last thing I wanted right now. 

I was silent the whole ride back home, and auntie is silent like me too, and she must've been so worried thinking about me.

The guards open the gate for us and Joel park the car swiftly. He also open the door of the car to get us outside. I run to the mansion and open the door myself.

Luke is here. Everyone in this house know him that's why they let him get inside, who doesn't even know an Aston. They're one of the elites. 

" Why are you here? " it's like the breakup thing doesn't bother me even the slightest bits.  I don't remember being the one to be in fault,  he should be. 

" I- i need to talk to you. "

" You know that we don't have anything to talk about, Luke. "

He immediately stands up and holds my hand. He pulls me, and I can't believe I'm letting him lead our way.

I struggle removing his hand while we're walking but I used all my force to do so.

" What the hell is your 'problem ?! "

" Eliana I just need to say something to you. "

" You can just said it here, there is no one- "

" Please calm down, Eli. "

" Fine, just said it. "

" I'm your bestfriend before you said yes to me. "

" I'm listening. "

I listened intently and wait for what he wants to say. His scent makes me remember thousand of memories from the start. Where I fist saw him, to the day I bid my goodbye.

" I can't turn back the time, but I'm willing to act that I turn it back. "

" I'm driving you to places where you said yes to me, until I first saw you. "

I never thought he wants our friendship back. I mean I'm not just ready to have another connection with him.

" Look. I'm not ready for this issue again. "

" Let's just talk about this thing when I'm ready. "

"  Eliana.. "

But I already turn my back to him. I don't want any thing to comes again. Why can't they give me rest? I go to my room so that I can start having my night routine. It's quite late at night now.

I just realized by now that school is starting soon. I'm having the same class as Zein and that's really nice to know.

I just don't know my other classmates.

Days passed easily like that. My parents is in Europe and they been there for like a month, but even though they are here it just feels like they wasn't even here. Except the scoldings and other things I hate when it comes to them.

Everything is ready now. I already arrange my supplies and when I saw my art materials I almost cry. I'm not gonna be an architect. I'm just gonna be a business woman or entrepreneur in the end, huh?

I thought the problem I'll face is to prove myself,  not as an evins but I am a great architect because I am myself not having further connection with my surname.

If only my parents isn't that powerful. Then there won't be any wedding and even if they please I can find a decent job to have a money for college. Unfortunately they are and it's so bad.

The day after tommorow is the day where first quarter will start. Our first subject will start at eight in the morning so apparently I need to wake up three hours before eight.

It was five in the morning when I waked up feeling tired and sleepy. I brush my teeth before I heard the door open. It was the maid arranging my personal table for my food when I don't want to go in the dinner room.

I eat my food and buy my time for a couple of minutes before I head to the bathroom.
My uniform is a maroon short skirt with a common blouse.

The color of our necktie and Id lace depends on our grade level. Eleventh graders have the maroon tie and I loved how it match my uniform. I tie my hair in a high ponytail. I play with it as I saw how it suits my wavy hair. I put my lip balm and head downstairs.

" Goodluck, Ellie! "

I waved goodbye to auntie before the engine of the car starts and find its way to our university.

It's only seven thirty in the morning so I'm not late at all. Some students wave at me and some linger their look until I go inside our room. What's with their looks?

" Heyyyyy! "

Zein will jump in my back but I refused and run to a vacant chair next to where she sit.

" I can't believe you're also here, miss Evins. "

Achilles said before he strucks me with his lovely smile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

454 108 24
A Participant for Open Novella Contest. Prompt #27 A few people can understand the complex world and its hidden messages. Nineteen year old Blaire Hu...
14.2K 547 28
"So... what about us?" he asked, and I looked at him, a bit bewildered. "What?" I inquired. "You and me... what are we, Sera? You know how you affect...
220 45 19
What if dreams really could come true? What if fairy tales could come true? And you will become their main character? Once a girl named Aislinn had a...
617 55 23
All I've ever known is fear, and a strange dream...a reoccurring nightmare, where someone is hunting me, chasing me, never gaining or receding, in a...