๐–๐‡๐„๐ ๐‡๐„๐‹๐‹ ๐…๐‘๐„๐„๐™๏ฟฝ...

By scarletmischief

"The day I ever go back to you and your posse of misfits will be the day hell freezers over." "Haven't you he... More

๐–๐‡๐„๐ ๐‡๐„๐‹๐‹ ๐…๐‘๐„๐„๐™๐„๐’ ๐Ž๐•๐„๐‘
๐๐‘๐Ž๐‹๐Ž๐†๐”๐„
๐Ž๐๐„
๐“๐–๐Ž
๐“๐‡๐‘๐„๐„
๐…๐Ž๐”๐‘
๐…๐ˆ๐•๐„
๐’๐ˆ๐—
๐’๐„๐•๐„๐
๐„๐ˆ๐†๐‡๐“
๐๐ˆ๐๐„
๐“๐„๐
๐„๐‹๐„๐•๐„๐
๐“๐–๐„๐‹๐•๐„
๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐‘๐“๐„๐„๐
๐…๐Ž๐”๐‘๐“๐„๐„๐
๐…๐ˆ๐…๐“๐„๐„๐
๐’๐ˆ๐—๐“๐„๐„๐
๐’๐„๐•๐„๐๐“๐„๐„๐
๐„๐ˆ๐†๐‡๐“๐„๐„๐
๐๐ˆ๐๐„๐“๐„๐„๐
๐“๐–๐„๐๐“๐˜
๐“๐–๐„๐๐“๐˜ ๐Ž๐๐„
๐“๐–๐„๐๐“๐˜ ๐“๐–๐Ž
๐“๐–๐„๐๐“๐˜ ๐“๐‡๐‘๐„๐„
๐“๐–๐„๐๐“๐˜ ๐…๐Ž๐”๐‘
๐“๐–๐„๐๐“๐˜ ๐…๐ˆ๐•๐„
๐“๐–๐„๐๐“๐˜ ๐’๐ˆ๐—
๐“๐–๐„๐๐“๐˜ ๐’๐„๐•๐„๐
๐“๐–๐„๐๐“๐˜ ๐„๐ˆ๐†๐‡๐“
๐“๐–๐„๐๐“๐˜ ๐๐ˆ๐๐„
๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐‘๐“๐˜
๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐‘๐“๐˜ ๐Ž๐๐„
๐„๐๐ˆ๐‹๐Ž๐†๐”๐„: ๐Ž๐๐„
๐„๐๐ˆ๐‹๐Ž๐†๐”๐„: ๐“๐–๐Ž
๐€๐”๐“๐‡๐Ž๐‘๐’ ๐๐Ž๐“๐„
๐’๐„๐๐”๐„๐‹ ๐๐‘๐„๐•๐ˆ๐„๐–
๐๐Ž๐๐”๐’ ๐‚๐‡๐€๐๐“๐„๐‘๐’
๐“๐–๐Ž
๐“๐‡๐‘๐„๐„
๐…๐Ž๐”๐‘

๐Ž๐๐„

856 29 0
By scarletmischief

━━━━━━━★☾★☾★☾━━━━━━━

THE ROOM WAS DIM. The only light came from the slow sunrise that seeped through the window. The brunette tapped her knuckles twice against the open cherrywood door announcing her arrival to the man behind the desk. He was so old she was worried that if she just waltzed right in uninvited he'd drop dead from a heart attack.

The man looked up from the stack of papers he was sorting through. His round-framed glasses rested on the end of his nose. She wondered how he was able to even read a damn thing in the dark. His grey hair was gelled back, oddly matching the color of his crisped suit. "Ah, just the woman I've been wanting to see." The man said cheerfully.

"Rufus," Evelyn said flatly. She wasn't necessarily a people person, especially when it came to business. She wants to expand her business relations not make friends.

"Evelyn." He told her, gesturing with his hands to the open armchair directly in front of him.

Evelyn entered Rufus's office slowly. She took a seat on the chair crossing her right leg over her left. Rufus and Evelyn engage in a stare-down, which she's used to. All of her clients like to challenge her. It's a natural thing in this line of work. They're just simply testing her to see if she has a backbone. They're trying to see if she had the guts to get the job done. They need to see if she's a fighter or a quitter.

Upon realizing that she was in no way going to back down, Rufus gave her a toothy smile. "So I've heard a lot of things about you." He began, and Evelyn snorted.

"I'm famous?" She retorted sarcastically.

"Of course." The man chuckled. "You came out of nowhere, giving other well known criminals a run for their money. They're even calling you the storm, you appear out of nowhere, cause nothing but destruction in your wake, and you vanish just as fast you came." Evelyn smirked at this information. She found it a bit ridiculous if she was being honest.

"That's what they're calling me?" Evelyn asked him slightly unimpressed with the nickname. She tilted her head slightly as she wore an amused smile.

"Well, what else did you have in mind?" The man asked with a smirk.

"I don't know." She shrugged nonchalantly. "I often get the whole foxface thing, but I'd like to think I'm not dumb enough to eat anything out in the wilderness that I don't know."

"I like to think the same..." The man trailed off as he sunk back into his chair.

Evelyn sighed in annoyance. "How about we cut to the chase 'cause I'm growing bored of all this small talk." The man's eyes widened at the shock of her audacity to speak to him in such a manner. He's never had anyone show him this kind of disrespect. He was both annoyed yet mildly impressed by her moxie.

"Either you tell me why you need my help, or I walk out of this office and pretend like this never happened. I don't like delays, especially when my talents can be used elsewhere." Evelyn added as she sat back in her chair.

"Fair enough." The man huffed, and Evelyn flashed him a pleased smile. "A week ago something of mine, something of high value and importance, was stolen from me. I want it back."

"So you want me to steal it back for you." Evelyn thought aloud, and Rufus nodded. "I'll do it, but it won't come cheap."

"I understand." Rufus scribbled something down on a sticky note he had lying around. Evelyn rose a bit in her chair to try and sneak a peek at what he was writing down, but even then she couldn't make out the small writing. Rufus gently placed the note at the edge of the desk in front of her. "That should be more than enough." She slowly took the sticky note and studied it. Evelyn inhaled a sharp breath. Man, that were a lot of zeros behind that one.

"And what exactly am I supposed to get?" She asked as she crumbled up the sticky note. It was now useless to her for she already had it burned into her memory. But she slipped into her back pocket in case he tried to con her out of what he was offering when the job was done.

"It's an antique wooden box outlined in gold with a golden key lock,. You can't miss it." The man replied.

"All this trouble for a wooden box?" She asked him with a snort. Hey, she guessed she couldn't complain, since this meant it'll be easy money. Besides, everyone had their own share of sentimental keepsakes. So, who was she to judge?

"Not just the box, but the secrets inside. Secrets that may be best if it was kept buried." Evelyn saw the way his whole persona had changed in that moment. The way he smiled—almost wickedly as the sun rays seeping through closed curtains casted shadows on one side of his face. The other side of his face was barely visible.

Evelyn stood to her feet. She studied him silently for a brief moment. The man quietly awaited for her to speak, or at least acknowledge that she understood what he needed her to do. "Alright." She told him confidently then left for the door.

"Wait!" The old man shouted and she stopped. "Don't you want to know who took it? I feel like you need this information. How else are you supposed to steal it back?"

"I mean, if you want to tell me you can, but I have connections who can tell me what I need to know." Evelyn said blandly. Her back was facing him.

"His name is Leonard Snart." Rufus told her. She noticed the way his voice had shaken.

Evelyn laughed loudly. "Leonard Snart? Am I supposed to care about him?" She asked him sarcastically. She was amused about how a man with a ridiculous name like Leonard Snart evoked such an intense amount of fear out of a crime boss. 

"Wait, you don't know who's Leonard Snart?" Rufus asked her shocked. Evelyn shook her head no with a bored expression on her porcelain face.

"A-list criminal? A scary genius who memorizes every little details of heists? One of the worlds greatest thieves?" He listed with a raised brow, and she just stared at him with a blank expressions. "Lewis Snart's boy?"

"Look, I don't care about this Leonard Snart or who he is. I'm just going to do my job and collect the profit." She declared then walked out of Rufus's office.

━━━━━━━★☾★☾★☾━━━━━━━

Evelyn was surprised by how easy is it was for her to sneak into his hideout. For a supposed A-list criminal with a bunch of lackeys who cater to his every demand, she thought he would have them patrolling the area for this very kind of situation. It shouldn't have been that easy. She came to the conclusion that he wasn't so top dog like they claim, or he wanted people to believe he was sloppy. She chose the latter.

Evelyn hid behind a stack of closed boxes, all marked with different labels varying from guns to certain types of knives. He was clearly selling them to earn more profit than what they're valued. She peered out from her hiding spot and surveyed her surroundings. There wasn't a single person within miles from her. She took this as an opportunity to continue forward.

It wasn't long before she found the target lying around for anyone to find. Evelyn found that to be suspicious, but she still pursued her objective. She inspected the item to make sure that it was indeed the authentic one and not some fake. Evelyn stood up straight with a smirk plastered on her face. She stifled a giggle when she heard a gun click. Her hand already hovering over her own protection.

"Did you really think it'd be that easy? That I'd just let you walk right in and take what's mine?" The man snarled coldly. She felt him press the gun to the back of her head.

"Well I was hoping so." Evelyn told him in a faux sweet tone. She heard the man release a breathy chuckle.

"Well, you know what they say about hope." He told her, and she doesn't have to turn around to know that he is smirking. "I'm afraid you're little escapade ends now."

"You wouldn't dare hurt a lady, would you?" She asked him sarcastically. Her tone was laced with mock innocence.

"I would if they tried stealing from me." He said. "A thief.." He mumbled almost inaudibly.

"Look who's calling who a thief." She said then swiftly elbowed him in the gut. She turned around and knocked the gun out of his hand, quickly sliding it far out of his reach with her foot. She reached for hers then aimed it at him. He laughed which threw her for a bit. She didn't realize then that that was exactly what he wanted.

"Nice try, sweetheart." He said with a cocky smirk. He quickly reached over and grabbed a hold of the gun. Evelyn, however, refused to give up her hold on it. They both wrestled to gain control of the weapon, when the gun suddenly went off missing them completely and hit the ceiling. Due to the unexpected action, Evelyn released her tight hold without warning, and the sudden absence of weight caused Leonard to drop it. The gun fired once more making a hole in a metal desk on the other side of the room.

Leonard looked at Evelyn in disbelief. Evelyn stared wide eyed at him with her hand placed on her heart that was beating rapidly in her chest. It was now though that Evelyn saw him clearly. She had to admit he was not what she pictured at all. She expected a stereotypical computer nerd. This was better than what she imagined.

"Whoever taught you how to handle a gun should be shot." Leonard told her as he fixed his leather jacket that hugged his biceps nicely.

"Says the man who dropped the gun in the first place." Evelyn scoffed as she crossed her arms over her chest.

Leonard had a ghost of a smile. He walked over to the table that the antique box rested upon. He completely abandoned the gun which blew her mind. After all of that, he simply just left the weapon that was pointed at him mere minutes ago to her disposal. He picked up the box and examined it then sat down on the edge of the table.

"All of this trouble for a little wooden box. Must be more valuable than I thought." Leonard said with a proud smile. "Did Rufus sent you?" He then asked as he placed the box beside him with his eyes on Evelyn.

"You got that because he's the owner of that box."
She declared.

"Well, there's that, and he's the only dumbass I know who will send someone to steal from me." Leonard said, and Evelyn rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, well, I'm afraid to say that I'm not leaving empty handed." She told him and he raised his eyebrows with that same damn smirk on his face. "I intend to get that box. I got a high price for it, so if you would kindly hand it over then we can both go our separate ways."

Leonard pretended to ponder on it. He laughed quietly to himself then picked up the box. He gave it one last once over then held it out for her take. Evelyn was surprised and weary that he was suddenly so willing to hand it over.

"That's it? You're simply giving it to me? No strings? No scheme?" She asked him doubtfully. Leonard shrugged.

"It's pretty useless to me anyway. I can't find the key, and if I smash it in then it ruins the value of the box." Snart attempted to give a reasonable explanation of his sudden change of heart, but Evelyn knew he wasn't telling the truth. The man could easily pick the lock.

She decided to just take the win. Evelyn strolled over to him. She towered over him simply due to the fact that he was sitting on a low table. She reached out for the box when he teasingly pulled it out of her reach. "Seriously?" Evelyn groaned.

"You're pretty ballsy for trying to steal from me." He told her. He was very impressed.

"I've been told I got quite the pair." She said with a sarcastic smile. She reached for it again only for him to pull it further behind his back.

"You should come work for me. You'd be a great asset to my crew." He told her as he grabbed the wrist of her hand that still tried to get the box. Evelyn stopped fidgeting. She was shocked to hear him propose an offer like this one. That was the last thing she expected to get out of this job, but she managed to hid her emotions behind her perfected pokerface. "Of course, you'll need a bit of training." He teased.

Evelyn smirked then leaned forward so their faces were inches away. She felt like her wrist was on fire from his gentle yet firm grip. Her lips hovered over his momentarily teasingly. "I don't play well with others." She whispered seductively before she pulled away.

Leonard smirked when she walked off with the box out of his hand and in her possession. Well, he guessed she is quite the thief after all. "I'll see you around." He called out to her as she reached the exit. Evelyn stopped with one hand on the door as a genuine smile creeped up on her lips. She then forced her smile into a smirk before glancing at him from over her shoulder. There was no way in hell that he'd see her smile.

"If you're lucky."

A/N:

Evelyn and Leonard's first meeting lol

But a bit of shameless promo:
Check out my Constantine/LOT fic called Labyrinth

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 281 24
Disclaimer: I don't own the show or pics or music.
127K 2.4K 31
Nora has always bent the truth to get her way or to complete a mission, but this lie could ultimately erase Carry from existence. - Artwork custom ma...
311K 13.1K 56
we fall in love till it hurts or bleeds or fades in time. [ barry allen x original character ] [ book one in the red series ] [ the flash season one...
1.4M 43.2K 75
"she was a storm not the kind you run from the kind you chase." NEW LIMITS BOOK 1 THE FLASH SEASON 1 || ARROW SEASON 3 (quote by r.h. sin)