The Elemental (Elijah Mikaels...

Per adbaez

"And who might you be?" His dark eyes darted back and forth between her blue ones, unreadable yet searching a... Més

PART ONE
Andromeda
Rose
Elijah Mikaelson
Katerina
The Sacrifice
By the Light of the Moon Part One
By the Light of the Moon Part Two
The Descent
Daddy Issues
Shots
Crying Wolf
The Dinner Party Part One
The Dinner Party Part Two
The House Guest
Know Thy Enemy
The Last Dance
Klaus
The Last Day
The Sun Also Rises
As I Lay Dying
Happy Birthday.
The Birthday
Disturbing Behavior
The Reckoning
Smells Like Teen Spirit
Ghost World
Ordinary People
Homecoming
The New Deal
Our Town
The Ties That Bind
Bringing Out the Dead
Dangerous Liaisons
All My Children
All My Children (SMUT)
1912
Break On Through
The Murder of One
Heart of Darkness
Do Not Go Gentle
Before Sunset
The Departed
Part Two
Growing Pains
The Rager
The Five
The Killer
We All Go a Little Mad Sometimes
The Brother's Keeper
We'll Always Have Bourbon Street
O Come, All Ye Faithful
After School Special
Catch Me if You Can
A View to a Kill
Into The Wild
Down the Rabbit Hole
Stand By Me/Bring it On
American Gothic
Pictures of You
A New Life
New Orleans
House of The Rising Sun
Tangled Up in Blue
Girl in New Orleans
Sinners and Saints
Fruit of The Poisoned Tree
Bloodletting
The River in Reverse
Reigning Pain in New Orleans
The Casket Girls'
Après Moi, Le Déluge
Dance Back From the Grave
Long Way Back From Hell
Le Grand Guignol
Red String
Author's Note: Check Out My New Story!

Crescent City

5.2K 192 51
Per adbaez

•••

The following morning was quiet.

Marcel accompanied Klaus and Fane to the reopening of St. Anne's church, Kol staying in the Abbattoir with Febe as she recovered. Andromeda slept well into the day, opening her eyes to recognize the arched ceilings of the plantation house. The sounds of voices and laughter reached her ears from where she laid, and Andy recognized them as Elijah and Regulus in the backyard. Her Original had taken to fixing the stables, and Reggie liked to accompany him in their shared project.

The elemental lightly stretched with a moan, feeling well rested as she slowly rose from where she laid. Andy knew that Elijah could hear that she was awake as she moved to take a warm shower, her Original waiting for her in their shared bedroom as she exited in just a towel. Andy smiled warmly, and Elijah chuckled as he held out his arms to her for an embrace. "How do you feel?" He questioned, pressing a chaste kiss to her head as he held her form to his, and she let out a hum in content.

"Well rested. How is Febe?"

"Better. Kol is taking care of her."

Andy pulled away enough from his embrace to rise on her tiptoes, and Elijah lowered his head to press his lips against her fuller ones. "There is food downstairs. You should eat, we also have a few things to discuss as well." Her Original murmured, and Andromeda raised a brow with a quizzical look. "About what?"

"Regulus seems rather insistent on a new pet..."

"Oh, Elijah. Not you too." Andy groaned playfully, pulling away as she moved towards their shared walk-in closet, and Elijah sat at the end of their bed as he watched her. "We have plenty of room, elskan." He projected his voice so that she may hear him, and Andy clicked her tongue as she shed her towel to slip on matching underwear. "That is besides the point. We already have enough going on with the new baby coming, and-"

"Yes, but it will help make this place feel more like a home. Regulus is growing older, surely-"

"Elijah, who will take care of it? He is already spoiled-"

"He will. It will teach him responsibility, and while I admit that I sometimes overindulge him-"

"Oh, is that what we're calling it?"

"We cannot say that he has not earned it." Elijah finished, Andromeda stepping out of the closet dressed in a black cropped hoodie and blue skinny jeans tucked into black knee-high boots, his woodland orbs raking over her form as she stepped in front of her vanity to fix her chestnut hair. "Regulus studies well, and from what his teacher tells us, is doing exceptional in class. I don't see why we cannot reward him, especially with all that he is exposed to."

Elijah watched as Andy let out a heavy sigh, her storm clouds meeting his woodlands through the mirror as she bit her lip in thought. "I know all of those things, but..." She trailed off, and her Original spoke up to give her one final push. "Regulus needs a normal childhood, elskan. You know that as well as I do." Andromeda closed her eyes in defeat, and Elijah stood up, his hands reaching out to pull her against his chest as he breathed into her ear.

"And, just think. It'll be something for our future children to share as well."

That did it, and Andy couldn't fight her smile as her Original trailed light kisses across her jugular. "You two planned this out, didn't you?" She accused, and Elijah chuckled. "Of course not. Merely a suggestion." He stated innocently, and Andy hummed as he turned her around to kiss her sweetly. "Come. You must eat." Her Original instructed, tugging her arm to lead her out of the room and Andy followed. Regulus was sitting at the table, and he quickly jumped up as they entered the parlor.

"Did you ask her?! Did you say yes?"

Andromeda shot Elijah a look, her Original giving her a smirk, showing off the dimple in his left cheek as she rolled her eyes in exasperation. "Yes-" The elemental was cut off as Reggie cheered, the seven-year-old rushing forward to hug her tightly. "But there are going to be a few rules, lad! This is going to be your responsibility, you will be the one to take care of it. Understand?"

"Yes, yes, yes! Thank you, mama! Thank you!" Reggie beamed up at her, and Andy chuckled as she reciprocated the hug; Elijah watching with a fond smile.

Elijah stepped away, the Original leaving the siblings to enjoy lunch as his phone rang. "Elijah, speaking." He answered, standing close to the floor-to-ceiling windows as Fane's voice filled his ears. "Elijah." The vampire greeted, and Elijah looked over his shoulder to make sure Andromeda was distracted before focusing with a serious look. "Have you heard anything?"

"No. Father Kieran and the human faction has seen very little of Sabine. She did not show up for work."

"She knows that we're onto her." Elijah breathed, and Fane made a sound of agreement. "That isn't all. Our vampires found Papa Tunde amidst another sacrificial circle outside the Abbattoir. He's dead." His friend shared, and Elijah's eyes narrowed in disbelief. "You must be joking." He breathed, but Fane only clicked his tongue. "Afraid not. Our problems seem to have only just begun."

"I am on my way." Elijah hung up, turning as Andy approached him with a frown. "What is it?" She questioned and her Original gave her a small smile as he pulled grabbed hold of her hips, pulling her close. "That was Fane. I am needed in the Abbattoir; I shan't take long."

"I'll go with you-"

"No." Elijah interrupted, shaking his head as Andromeda's frown deepened. "No, stay here with Regulus. You need a day to relax. I shall take care of it." He instructed, and Andy raised a brow. "You aren't hiding anything from me, are you mo ghaol?" She breathed and Elijah clicked his tongue as he pressed a firm kiss to her forehead, squeezing her sides. "It is nothing for you to worry about now. I shall return soon." Andy hummed noncommittally, and Elijah kissed her deeply before pulling away.

Elijah made his way to the Abbattoir with haste, a scowl fixed on his features as he looked over the corpse of Papa Tunde that was so kindly left on their doorstep. Klaus and Marcel hovered over him with Fane leaving to check on his twin, and Elijah rolled his eyes at his brother's barbs.

"Can I get you anything, brother? A magnifying glass, a pipe perhaps?"

"You have a theory you'd like to share with us, Niklaus?" Elijah questioned with little patience, but his tone was even as he took in the white suit marred with blood that covered the corpse of Papa Tunde before looking up. "Back in the day if the witches wanted to send a threat, they'd just kill a chicken and leave it on your doorstep." Marcel pointed out, and Elijah made a noise of distaste as he stood up. "It's rather a large and ominous chicken, wouldn't you say?"

"Brother." Kol greeted, the vampires turning to the Original as he approached with his ever present smirk, but Elijah noted the dark fury in his brown orbs. Kol was furious he didn't have the honor of killing Papa Tunde himself, although he had his sights set on the witch Sabine.

"Where is my sister?"

"Andromeda is at home with Regulus; I bade her to stay there and have a day to recover. We will handle this mystery ourselves." Elijah shared, and Kol let out a low laugh. "Good luck with that. I had to all but tie Febe to the bed so that she may stay put." He breathed out, and Marcel snorted as Nik gestured to the circle of salt. "Papa Tunde defeated Rebekah and Febe with ease, almost got the two of us as well. If he was supposed to be their prize fighter, why leave him for dead in our front yard?"

"You said this witch used sacrificial magic to channel that power into his blade, making it a dark object." Kol questioned, a calculating expression on his face as he looked up at his brothers.

"Where is that blade now?"

"Well, don't you all look cheery."

The men all turned to face Rebekah as the blonde Original stepped forward, a sly smile painted her lips but Elijah recognized the concern that filled her blue eyes. "Listen to this... a girl literally exploded from a grave today as they were giving a tour of the city of the dead." She shared, and Elijah frowned. "It was Monique Deveraux."

"What?"

"The tourists thought it was a part of the show, but the witches are celebrating like it's some kind of bloody miracle." Bekah continued, and the men all shared a look. "The Harvest Magic was stolen to resurrect Papa Tunde and whomever else." Kol breathed out, his eyes calculating as he looked between his siblings. "If he is now dead, and Monique has risen--"

"We can get Davina back." Marcel finished, turning to Nik with a determined expression. "Kill the witch who took her place."

"I have a theory about who one of them could be." Hayley's voice broke into the conversation, and Elijah turned to see the werewolf standing over the balcony with Davina's sketch of Celeste. "Celeste. I mean, it's got to be. Davina was trying to tell us, she was drawing pictures of Celeste. She was warning us that a great evil was coming." She finished, and Febe approached on Fane's arm for support.

"This just got more interesting."

"Love, what are you doing out of bed?" Kol called out to her, and the elemental rolled her eyes. "I'm not dead yet, darling. It'll take a lot more to kill me." She joked, her twin shaking his head at her stubbornness. "First Papa Tunde returns to settle old scores. Now your murdered lover is back." Nik pointed out to Elijah, and the Original bit back a scathing remark. "This isn't witches attacking vampires. They're declaring war on us."

"How does Sabine fit into this?" Fane voiced his thoughts, and Kol scoffed. "Forget about her. The important question is, what will Andromeda do when her dear Elijah tells her his old lover has returned from the dead?"

"Oh, she may just burn the entire Quarter down." Febe breathed out with a laugh, and Elijah rolled his eyes. "Where is our sister?"

"At home. Resting, as you should be." Elijah shared, before walking away as the others scattered. The Original stood in his old study, staring down at the sketch in thought. After a beat Elijah pulled out his phone, his love answering on the first ring. "Is everything alright, 'Lijah?" Andromeda answered, and he shut his eyes as her voice filled his ears. It was as though all of his worries disappeared instantly, filling him with content and admiration for her.

"I am well enough. How are you and Regulus?"

"Regulus has pulled out my laptop and is searching for potential puppies to adopt." She shared with a laugh, and Elijah chuckled as he heard Regulus's voice in the background. "Any word on Papa Tunde and Sabine?" Andy questioned, and at Elijah's hesitation, concern immediately filled her voice.

"What has happened? Do I need to come--"

"No, no, no. Everything is fine, elskan." Elijah interrupted her quickly, running a hand over his face as he looked at the sketch once again. "Elijah Mikaelson, you promised not to keep secrets." Andy admonished, and her Original cracked a smile. "And I intend to keep my promise. Everything is fine as I said, however we've received word on Papa Tunde. He's dead."

"Dead?"

"Yes. He was sacrificed, the evidence left right on our doorstep." He shared, continuing as the elemental cursed under her breath. "Sabine is nowhere to be found, and from what Rebekah has told us, someone exploded out of their grave this morning. A witch, Monique Deveraux."

"Monique? As in Sophie's niece, one of the Harvest Girls, that Monique?" Andromeda questioned in disbelief, letting out a heavy breath as Elijah confirmed it. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking, Elijah?" She breathed, and her Original hummed in response. "That part of the magic stolen from the Harvest ritual was returned upon Papa Tunde's death."

"We can get Davina back." Andy breathed, letting out an infectious laugh as Elijah smiled. Her voice was filled with joy and relief, but still Elijah hesitated to tell her the rest. "That's not all, elskan..."

"What more is there?"

Elijah hesitated, staring at the sketch of Celeste as he held the phone tightly in his hand. Celeste couldn't have returned. He would recognize her anywhere. And even if she was, the idea that Celeste could pose a threat to anyone in his family didn't sit right with him. She had always been sweet, caring...Elijah didn't want to disrespect her memory by assuming that she was out to harm those he loved.

"Elijah?" Andromeda's voice broke through his reverie, and he let out the breath he was holding in a deep sigh. "Mo chridhe, you can tell me anything. You know that."

"I know." Elijah breathed out, clearing his throat before speaking. "Niklaus and the others suspect that one of the resurrected witches may be Celeste." Elijah shut his eyes as he heard her sharp intake of breath, and it was silent for a few moments. "And what do you think?" She finally asked, and her Original let out an empty laugh. "I have no idea what to think, Andromeda."

"Oh, Elijah. I'm sorry."

"Whatever for?"

"She was important to you. Still is." She observed, but Elijah made a noise of disagreement. "You are important to me. Celeste may have meant something to me once, but that is nothing compared to the love I bare for you." He stated firmly, and he could almost hear her smile. "I will not allow Celeste, or any other come close to harming our family. You have my word."

"I believe you." Andy replied, her voice loving as she accepted his words without argument. This was why Elijah loved her. Andromeda was understanding, patient, and supported him in most of his decisions.

The Original had no idea what he would do without her.

"Do you need me?"

"I shall always need you, mia vita." Elijah breathed, letting out a chuckle as Andromeda laughed. "But no, not presently. Enjoy your day with Regulus. I shall see you soon." He told her, and Andy hummed in response. "Be careful. I love you, Elijah."

"As I love you." Elijah hung up, turning towards the door just as Rebekah strutted inside. "Was that Andy?" She questioned, and Elijah gave her a nod. "Dear girl. It's not too early for scotch, is it? With all the witches shenanigans and subterfuge afoot." His sister poured herself a glass, looking towards him in question, but Elijah waved her off.

"It is entirely too early if one intends to drive, yes."

"Funny. I don't have any plans to go anywhere." Rebekah breathed out, having a sip of her glass as the two locked eyes for a moment. "They're not safe here." Elijah finally broke first, leaning against the fireplace as he spoke. "I would rather they not be in New Orleans at all, but Andromeda refuses to leave. You have to take Hayley to the plantation house until this is over, so they may stay together."

"Are you sure that is such a good idea? Our brothers tell me you've only just told the poor girl that you cannot return her feelings, and now you want her to stay with Andy? She might just kill her." Bekah raised a brow, but the Original rolled his eyes.

"Andromeda has sworn the same vow to protect Hayley and the baby, I expect her to uphold it. It is not safe for her here, not with the witches instigating a war."

"Here's a novel idea-- Why don't you let Hayley decide for herself?" Rebekah questioned, Elijah rubbing a palm over his face in exasperation. "Why are you the one to dictate her fate?" She continued, and Elijah looked up at her with a blank expression. "Would you like me to legislate my feelings for her, is that it?" He questioned, sarcasm dripping from his voice as his sister shrugged. "I hold a certain fondness for the girl, I do not deny that. But it is nothing compared to my feelings for Andromeda, and that is precisely why I am asking you to take her to the plantation house. Not to protect only her, but to protect my family. If--" Elijah cut himself off, looking away for a moment before looking to Rebekah determinedly.

"If Celeste is indeed risen and seeking revenge, she will go after Andromeda. Rebekah, I am trusting you with this."

Elijah stepped closer, taking his sister's hand in his own with a squeeze. "Would you kindly do this for me?" He asked with a small smile, and Rebekah rolled her eyes. "As if you ever need to ask me to protect Andy and my nephew. As for Hayley, you know the mama wolf just loves to be told what to do." She smirked, and Elijah chuckled. "I will stay here in the meantime, but if you speak to Febe, I am sure she will join you."

"I will do that. We both need a break from all of the testosterone in here anyways."

Rebekah walked away, and Elijah smiled softly to himself as he poured himself a glass. Andromeda wouldn't be thrilled with the idea of Hayley staying with her, but would understand. She liked the girl well enough, and with her sisters present, there should be no room for any quarrel between the two.

Elijah got a call from one of the daywalkers in the Quarter, they had sighted Sabine. The Original walked the busy streets past the many tourists, finding Sabine walking alone as he approached her from behind. The witch sensed him too late as he sped forward, catching her by the throat as he slammed her against the nearby wall. She choked, staring up at him with wide eyes, but Elijah noticed there was no fear as she smirked.

"Elijah. What do I owe the honor?"

"It has come to my attention that you were in the presence of one known as Papa Tunde." He breathed lowly, his expression a cold mask as he squeezed slightly, making her gasp. To anyone else, they would look like lovers in an embrace. But if they looked closer, they could see her nails digging into his wrists as his fingers bruised her caramel skin. "That man kidnapped my sister, as well as the older sister of my beloved." Sabine's eyes flashed with something the Original didn't recognize, her nails digging in harder as his eyes narrowed.

"What I want to know is, why? What do you have to gain?"

"The witches are afraid. My people are desperate." Sabine choked out, and Elijah tilted his head as he stared at her with a calculating gaze. "There will never be peace as long as Klaus is around." She finished, and the Original raised a brow. "That's what all this is about? You want my brother out of town?" He questioned, and Sabine tried her best to shrug within his hold.

"I'm just telling you how they feel. They're not dumb. You have a niece on the way. An adopted son." Elijah's jaw clenched as she mentioned Regulus and the baby, his gaze darkening as the witch spoke. "It stands to reason you'd be willing to discuss how to run him out of the city."

"I don't know if I should be impressed by your bravery, or cut you down for being so bold." Elijah breathed, Sabine letting out a whimper as he pressed her harder against the brick wall. "I thought I had made it very clear. No one threatens my family and gets away with it." He growled, before releasing her. Sabine nearly collapsed, her hand clutching at her throat as she inhaled sharply and Elijah just stared at her.

"Let's walk together. You can take me on one of your famous tours." He stated sarcastically, ignoring Sabine as she glared up at him before moving to walk forward.

Marcel and Fane went to visit Sophie and Monique Deveraux, hoping that speaking to the resurrected witch could give them insight on how to bring back Davina and the rest of the Harvest girls. His brothers, he believed, were together. Father Kieran having been hexed by a witch, his niece Camille called Nik for help and dragged Kol with him.

Elijah followed Sabine around the Quarter, listening carefully as she shared the many facts about the city and it's lore that he was already aware of. They reached some of the original French architecture left behind from the fires, the Original looking around as he thought to himself. Andromeda was at home with Regulus and their sisters, the three women helping Hayley throw a party for her cursed family. Her Original was glad that she was allowing herself to have some fun, Andy had a habit of forgetting that she was just 19 years old.

"Am I putting you to sleep?"

"As surprising as you might find this, it's not every day that someone asks you to betray your own brother..." Elijah turned to face her, his expression dark as he glared at the witch. "Celeste." Elijah almost spat her name from his tongue, realizing the look that he had witnessed many times when Andromeda was  around or brought into conversation.

It was jealousy. And hatred.

Sabine, no, Celeste's expression was surprised before spreading into a wicked smirk. Elijah didn't know how he did not realize this sooner as she stared at him, eyes slightly watered from held back emotion. The Original did not know what to feel. "How did you know?"

"As Davina was drawing your likeness... I dared to imagine that your presence was near." Elijah remarked, brushing past her slowly as they held eye contact for a long moment before he turned away. "And when Sophie discovered there was no magic in your remains, I wondered...could you have possibly cheated death by using your power to place your essence into the body of another? And if so, then who?" Elijah faced her then, Celeste not tearing her gaze away from him as she just smiled.

Elijah didn't recognize that smile. It was cold. Wicked. Evil.

"And then I recalled the lovely Sabine." The Original thought back to the many moments he had brushed off but now made sense, the witch always seemed to know when Elijah was around, would stare at him with a haunted look in her eyes, and recognized him immediately when he first arrived to New Orleans. "Your visions of my brother's child precipitated the death of the Elder within your coven..." Elijah thought of Agnes, the witch that he killed for attacking Hayley and Andromeda out of fear. "Ensuring that the Harvest ritual could not be completed... unless you were the one to control it." He thought of Fane and Davina, the loss his family felt at the young girl's death.

"You have been playing a very long game indeed..." Elijah breathed out, finally stopping his pacing as he came to halt in front of Celeste. His expression was pained, and he couldn't help but attempt to search out the parts of the woman he once loved in the stranger that stood before him. "To what end?"

Celeste moved closer, her hands reaching up to cup his face as her lips came within inches of his, but Elijah caught her wrists. Celeste froze, staring up at him with a hurt look, but the Original's expression had withdrew into another mask.

"Oh, Elijah. My lost love...for one who claimed to love me so much, how quickly you moved on?"

"I mourned you. I thought you dead for over 200 years and couldn't so much as look at another--"

"And yet, here we are. Don't you get it? I died because of Klaus." Celeste glared up at him, hatred filling her dark orbs as Elijah shook his head. "And even after all of his vindictive lies about witches led to my death, you stood by him all because of your vow, "always and forever"." The Original let out a groan, his breathing becoming heavy as his head began to pound and he looked around in confusion. "What have you done to me?"

"Just a simple enchantment. I'm not here to kill you, Elijah. I'm here to teach you the error of your ways. I died, your brother helped murder me, and you stood by him. If it had not been for him, we would have been together. And you never would have fell in love with that elemental slut."

"Don't talk about her that way--" Elijah snarled, before letting out a shout of pain as Celeste waved her hand and he fell to his knees clutching at his head. "'Always and forever' was the greatest mistake of your life. And when I'm done, you won't have a family left." She bit out, a smile of contempt painting her lips as he stared up at her with blurry eyes.

"What happened to you?"

"I died, Elijah!"

"You could have came to me! I would have helped you--"

"You couldn't even make your brother pay for my death, what could you have possibly done?" Celeste laughed bitterly with a shake of her head. "But don't worry. I'm going to cure you of your greatest flaw--this absurd devotion to your lunatic family and friends."

"Your anger is with me." Elijah rasped, struggling to stand as he looked to her. "Now if you have come here seeking revenge-"

"Oh, I'll have my revenge, starting with the love of your life. Andromeda." Celeste stated firmly, and Elijah's mouth parted as he stared at her in horror. "No." He bit out, and she only laughed. "At first, I wanted to start with Klaus. The brother that you chose over me. But then she came into town, and I realized that there is someone you love more than anything. More than your siblings, more than Klaus. Her and that brat that you call your son. That's how you'll pay, by watching them suffer."

Elijah snarled loudly, struggling to his feet as she continued to speak. "Unless you choose to save them, of course. But then there's Klaus, and Rebekah, your tragic sister, and everyone else you consider to be apart of your beloved family. You could save them, but then that leaves Hayley in jeopardy...."

"No! No, no, no..." Elijah breathed out as he struggled to find his breath, feeling his lungs constricting as Celeste looked up with a sigh. "Oh, poor Andy. She has no idea how dangerous it is to be loved by you." She shrugged her shoulders, looking down at him with a wicked smirk as he clutched his head in his hands.

"Oh, well. With your body weakened by my spell, you won't be able to save them all. You'll recover with just enough time to choose one."

Elijah's lungs tightened even more, the lack of oxygen slowly making him pass out as he could barely hear over the pounding in his own ears. "Who will it be? I can't wait to find out." The Original could barely make out her receding footsteps, as he struggled to get up from where he laid on the pavement. "A-Andro-meda..." Elijah rasped, staring up at the sky as dark spots filled his vision and terror gripped him like a vice.

•••

Andromeda sat at the piano, humming softly as her fingers pressed lightly against the keys. She stopped as she heard voices approaching, looking up just as the front door opened. "Welcome back." Andy greeted as Rebekah walked in with Hayley and Febe, and the werewolf gave her a look. "Good to be back." She drawled, before cracking a small smile as Andy moved forward to give her a warm hug.

"I thought they would have to drag you back here kicking and screaming."

"That's what I said." Rebekah spoke up, leaning against a nearby wall as Febe poured herself a glass of scotch. "Tonight's a full moon." Hayley breathed out, and Andy raised a brow in confusion. "You're pregnant. You can't turn, why is that important?" She questioned, and Febe let out a laugh. "Oh, just wait." Her sister remarked, and Hayley shot her a small glare before turning to Andy with a hopeful smile. "I was hoping you wouldn't mind if I invited a few people over."

"Who?"

"My family." She breathed out, and Andy's eyes widened as she explained. "The Crescent Clan will be human, but only for a few hours and won't be again until the next full moon." Andromeda let out a groan, Hayley beginning to speak faster as she tried to convince her. "I asked Josh to get a message out to Eve in the bayou-"

"Josh isn't dead yet?" The elemental questioned in disbelief, and her sisters laughed loudly behind her. "I love a good survival story." Rebekah added, and Hayley held her hands in front of her as she stared at Andy with a pleading expression. "Please, please, Andy. I have been wishing to meet my family my whole life, I know you understand what that feels like. Please." She begged, and Andy stared at her for a moment before breathing out a sigh.

"Oh, alright--"

"Yes." Hayley let out a sigh in relief, pulling Andy into another hug as the elemental rolled her eyes with a laugh. "But what kind of get together are we talking about? I still have a child here, and I'm not sure I can just serve raw meat for dinner." She remarked, and Febe smirked. "They only turn human once a month, surely we could put together something."

"I already ordered beer kegs."  Hayley added, and Andy raised a brow as a smile spread over her face. "You knew I was gonna say yes, you bloody chit."

"No, but I was hoping you would." The werewolf smiled at her, and Andy could only let out a laugh at her innocent expression. "Listen, you all want me safe, fine. I'll do as I'm told. I'll play damsel in the glass tower. But tonight's the one night a month I can meet my family."

"Fine. Fine! But I'm not going to do all the cooking; Febe!" Andromeda turned to her older sister, the elemental raising a brow over her glass. "You're helping."

"And what do you expect to make for a bunch of red-blooded American wolves?" Febe questioned sarcastically, and Bekah snorted. "Burgers, buffalo wings, all things deep fried." She listed, making them all erupt in laughter. "Alright, that means I'll have to get started. Rebekah run to the market, please. Febe and I will begin to prep what we have already in the kitchen, and Regulus could help also." Andy instructed, Hayley stepping out to guide the men carrying the kegs to the back, while Febe ran upstairs to fetch their brother.

Andromeda and Febe cooked a large spread, not knowing how many werewolves would show up. They made cheeseburgers, fried chicken, rice, barbecue ribs, baked mac-and-cheese, and a large pot of gumbo. Regulus helped Hayley string clothes lines in the back of the plantation, hanging up old tshirts, flannels, and pants for the shifting werewolves, while Rebekah set up the tables and turned on the surrounding fairy lights.

"Mom!" Reggie called out to her, and Andy quickly stuck her head out the window from where she stood washing dishes. "There's a wolf here! It's so cool!"

And there was, Andy could see the outline of a large werewolf slowly approaching from the surrounding woods and she shook her head with a smile. Reggie would be fascinated by it, but she was glad to see him standing close to Hayley. The pregnant woman led him back inside, and Andy pressed a kiss to his head as Reggie hugged her. "Go. Turn on the speakers for me." She instructed, lightly pushing him away with a smile as he ran off and Rebekah stepped forward.

"She's drawn out quite the party." Bekah observed, looking out at the surrounding wood as she listened and Febe just shrugged as she leaned against the stove.

"Does this mean I'll get to invite the other elemental families for a gathering next? That would be one hell of a party." Andy shot her a look, but broke into laughter as her sister wiggled her brows. "I can't believe I let her convince me to throw a party." She let out a sigh, and Rebekah snorted in amusement. "Please, our brothers are busy running around the Quarter as we're stuck here protecting you three. At least we get to have fun while doing it."

"Well, when you put it like that." Andy smirked, her sister nudging her shoulder playfully as Bekah laughed. Rebekah tried again to reach Marcel, and Andy watched her with a look of concern. "You seem worried. What is it?" She questioned, and Rebekah gave her a tight smile. "Nothing."

"We know you better than that, sister. What is troubling you?"

"Nothing. Just these resurrected witches, and not being entirely sure who has returned or not." Bekah remarked, and Febe raised a brow. "From what Kol tells me, one of the witches is Bastiana. One of the previous Elders, she hexed Father Kieran." She stated, and Andy frowned. "Poor Cami."

"Yes. But that doesn't answer our question. Who are you worried about being resurrected, Bex?" Febe questioned with a stern look, and Bekah opened her mouth but was interrupted as the door opened. The three women turned to look as a man walked in, tall and buff, with shoulder length blonde hair and a beard. At realizing he was naked, Andromeda squealed, covering her eyes quickly with her hands as both Rebekah and Febe raked their eyes over him with appreciative smirks.

"I beg your pardon, but I'm sure Hayley left clothes outside for you to wear." Andy stammered, pushing her sister away as Febe nudged her without opening her eyes.

"We were expecting someone furrier." Rebekah remarked, staring fixedly at his chest as he leaned against a nearby wall, and Febe had no such propriety as her cerulean orbs soaked him in. "You're one of them, aren't you? An Original." The werewolf smirked, and Bekah cleared her throat as Febe smiled wickedly. "She is, we're not. But still, you might want to say that with more respect." She remarked, forcibly pulling Andy's hands down and her sister kept her eyes squeezed shut as her face flushed with embarrassment.

"I suppose you'll be wanting Hayley."

"Or I could just talk to you three." Andromeda could hear him moving closer, her face turning even redder as she felt the heat radiating off of him as he neared her. "I'm Oliver. I didn't catch your name." His voice was smooth, and Andy could imagine the teasing smirk that painted his lips. "I'm Febe. This is Rebekah, and my younger sister Andy." Febe introduced, pinching Andy harshly on the arm as her sister jumped with a yelp, involuntarily opening her eyes. Her ocean eyes immediately locked with light brown, and she cleared her throat as Oliver smiled at her flirtatiously.

"Hayley, the party's here!" Andromeda called out, hurriedly brushing past the werewolf as her sisters snickered behind her.

A bonfire was lit outside, and Andy watched in surprise as some of the instruments were carried out for a live performance. Reggie was having the time of his life, the child pulling his sister into the fray for a dance and she laughed as she spun him around. The elemental looked up to see the werewolf, Oliver, watching her from the side of the party with a warm smile. Andromeda flushed, but looked away quickly as Reggie insisted on something to drink. She handed him off to Febe, their sister leading him back inside for some juice when he approached her.

"Dance with me." Oliver grabbed her hands, and Andy immediately shook her head with a tight smile. "No, no, no. I don't think so."

"Oh, come on. Live a little, tonight is to celebrate." He teased, pulling her forward and the elemental bit back a laugh as he spun her around. "We are enjoying life for the few hours that we get to live it. It's to hug our friends, our family, and dance our asses off." Oliver breathed out, Andy stumbling as he pulled her forward sharply, and he caught her in his arms. The elemental flushed, but Oliver only smiled charmingly at her. "I get that you want to enjoy these few hours, but I have a boyfriend." Andy shared, and the werewolf shrugged with a smirk.

"I don't see him. Besides, it's just a dance. I'm not asking you to run away with me."

"Oh, ha ha." Andy rolled her eyes, and Oliver laughed as he spun her around. "I won't lie, it is a shame. You're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen." He flirted, and Andy bit her lip as she fought a smile. Oliver led her in a spirited dance, laughing loudly and Andy could only follow along with a wide smile stretched across her lips as she let herself go.

Reggie returned with Febe, dancing with their older sister in a circle as she smiled fondly at her siblings having fun. Hayley was inside, and Rebekah was dancing with another handsome werewolf.

Febe stopped dancing as her phone rang, stepping to the side as she answered. "Fane? What is it?" She questioned immediately, her twin's voice speaking rapidly in her ear as her eyes widened in horror. "The witches did what to Nik?!" The elemental screeched, her eyes immediately searching out her sisters as Fane explained hurriedly.

"Febe, I have no flippin' clue, but he's gone! Marcel and I were with Sophie as she used a locator spell to find the three resurrected witches, before Nik appeared with Kol and kidnapped Monique. Marcel and I tried to stop him, even Kol tried to speak sense into him, but Nik snapped our bloody necks. Kol says Sophie stabbed him with Papa Tunde's blade, and that was the last thing he saw before Bastiana snapped his neck."

"Where the hell is Elijah?!"

"By the Gods, Febe, I do not know!! Elijah is missing, he is not answering his phone!" Fane shouted, and Febe let out a groan. "Alright, alright! I am going to get Andy and Bekah, you look for Niklaus." Febe hung up, sprinting towards the house as she nearly bumped into her sister. "Whoa, where's the fire?" Andy joked, before looking at Febe's face.

"Sister, what is it?"

"Where's Rebekah?" Febe asked hurriedly, and Andy frowned in concern. "I last saw her entering the woods with her little werewolf friend. Why?" Febe cursed loudly, and Andromeda grabbed her arm swiftly as she stared at her. "Febe? Febe, what is happening?"

"Andromeda, I need to find Rebekah." Febe stated firmly, grabbing her sister's shoulders. "Something has happened to Nik, and Elijah is missing. I am going to look for her, you need to stay here with Regulus and Hayley."

"What's happened? Where is Elijah?!"

"Sister, I do not know! But I need you to promise me you will stay inside until we can sort this out!" Febe stated seriously, and Andy nodded quickly as she pulled her into a hug. "Where is Regulus?" Febe questioned. "I tucked him into bed-"

"Good. I'll be back soon."

"Please, be careful! You're not at full strength yet!" Andromeda called after her as Febe sprinted into the woods, and Andy looked around as she noticed the werewolves retreating. She shut the door, locking it swiftly behind her before sprinting inside. She nearly crashed into Hayley as she exited the parlor, Andy letting out a sigh of relief and hugging the werewolf to her as she shook her head in confusion.

"What the hell is going on; where are Rebekah and Febe?"

"Rebekah is missing, Febe just went to look for her. Something also happened to Elijah and Nik, but I don't know what." Andy shared, before both jumped in surprise as the lights flickered for a moment. Andy looked behind Hayley to see one of the werewolves standing close to her, and she nodded for them to follow her as she walked towards the kitchen. She tried to call Elijah, her Original not answering at first, until finally he did and she let out a breath in relief.

"Elijah, something is wrong. The witches are up to something--"

"Andromeda, listen to me. Celeste is back." Elijah interrupted, and Andy froze as she stared at Hayley in disbelief. "What?!" She snapped into the phone, Hayley pressing closer to her so that she may hear. "Niklaus. Kol. Rebekah. You are all in danger." He breathed out, Andy and Hayley sharing a look of horror before both jumped in surprise as the doors and windows nearby slammed shut by a sudden gust of wind. A crash was heard upstairs followed by a shout, and Andromeda sprinted out of the kitchen towards the stairs.

"REGULUS!!"

"MOM!"

Hayley was right behind her with the other werewolf, Andromeda barely listening to Elijah's shouts on the other end of the phone as she sprinted towards her brother's room. She crashed into the door, trying to open it but the doorknob wouldn't move. "Regulus, open this door!" She cried, slamming into it as his sobs reached her ears. "Mama, I can't! It won't open!"

"Andromeda, what's happening?! Andromeda!"

"Regulus!!" Andy shouted, slamming into the door with her shoulder as Hayley tried to kick it, before both were pushed to the side. "Kid, I need you to back up!" He shouted, and once they heard Reggie step away, he kicked the door down heavily with his large boot. It slammed against the wall, and Andy immediately pulled Reggie into her arms as he sobbed. "We have to get out of here. Now!" She instructed, grabbing his hand as she pulled him after her towards the stairs with Hayley and the werewolf following. The smell of smoke hit her first, and Regulus let out a loud shriek as flames began to lick at the walls, spreading from where the kitchen was.

"We have to move!"

They got to the bottom of the stairs, and Andromeda quickly ripped a large strip of cloth from her shirt, grabbing a nearby vase of flowers as she drenched it in water and pressed it to Regulus' face. "Fear beag breathe through this, okay? Don't let go of my hand. Elijah?!"

"I'm here!" Elijah breathed into the phone, and Andromeda quickly rushed Hayley and Regulus towards the front door. "Elijah, it's a spell. They're trapping us inside." Windows shattered close to them, and Andy threw her hand out to stop it with a blast of wind as Hayley shielded Reggie. The fire began to spread down the corridor, and the werewolf sprinted to the other door as he tried to kick it open. "It won't open!" He shouted, and Andy cursed as she pressed Regulus into her side.

"Get close to me!!"

Andromeda's eyes glowed white, and she threw her hands out to push the growing flames away from them. These weren't natural flames, and they fought her as she let out a shout in frustration. When the flames couldn't reach them, it ate at the surrounding walls, filling the air with smoke as Hayley began to cough and the werewolf pressed her face against his chest. "This way, let's go!" He shouted, leading them into the parlor. Regulus let out a cry as the doors immediately slammed shut behind them, and Andy pressed him further against her side as the man grabbed the bench to the piano and tried to bust the window. The window stood firm, the bench breaking instead.

The flames ate away at the doors, and Andy held out a hand to keep them at bay, but it didn't stop the smoke that crept under it. "Can't you use your wind or something to make it stop?! Or bend water?" Hayley shouted, and Andromeda glared at her.

"Wind will only spread the fire faster, and there is no water! All of it has disappeared in the smoke!"

"Mama, are we going to die?" Regulus sobbed, and Andromeda immediately knelt down as she grabbed his shoulders. "We are NOT going to die! Elijah is coming, okay? Elijah will save us. He always saves us." She stated firmly, pressing the wet cloth to his face as she made sure it covered his mouth and nose. "Don't drop that, okay? We're going to get out of here."

The werewolf grabbed the cloth on the piano, pouring the water from the flowers onto it before pressing it against Hayley's face, and they all pressed against each other as Andromeda hugged Regulus to her chest. The elemental coughed loudly, the fire eating away at the surrounding walls as it slowly crept forward, as though sensing that she was growing weaker. She could barely breathe, and she tried her best to shield Regulus's face as he coughed.

There was suddenly a crash as glass shattered, and Andromeda suddenly found herself outside with Regulus. The elemental coughed loudly as she wheezed, struggling to breathe in the fresh air as Regulus choked as well, and Elijah looked them both over before speeding back inside for Hayley.

Regulus laid across her chest, and Andromeda struggled to sit up as she looked him over worriedly. "Are you okay?! Are you alright?" Reggie just nodded, and Andy clutched him to her chest as he sobbed against her, pressing kisses to his head as she rocked him. She barely looked up as Elijah questioned where was Rebekah and Febe, just shaking her head as she held onto her child.

Someone had tried to kill them. Someone tried to kill not just her, but her brother. Her son.

They would fucking pay.

Elijah went back inside for the werewolf, and once he was on the ground, he knelt in front of his family. "Elskan...elskan, look at me. Regulus." Elijah called out to them, grabbing her shoulder, and at his voice, Regulus quickly threw himself against the Original's chest. Elijah hugged him tightly as his small body shook from the force of his sobs, and Andy just pressed their foreheads together as he cupped her cheek with his other hand.

"I'm sorry. I am so, so sorry." Elijah whispered, wiping the tears that streaked her ash covered face, and Andy just shook her head. "They tried to kill us." She breathed out, opening her eyes so Elijah saw the turbulent waves within them.

"I want her dead, Elijah. They will pay for this."

"They will. They will suffer at our hands, I promise you." Elijah stated darkly, and Andy could only nod as he pulled her into his embrace. She let him hold her, clutching onto him and their son as her body shook from exhaustion. "Febe went to look for Rebekah. I don't know where they are." Andy breathed, and Elijah just held them tighter.

"We'll find them. We'll find them."

Once he made sure Hayley and his family was alright, Elijah sped into the nearby woods. There he found dead werewolves covered in blood or burn marks, but no Rebekah or Febe. Instead, he found Rebekah's jacket and he picked it up before spinning around as footsteps approached. "Missing something?" Celeste walked towards him, and Elijah glared at her as his jaw clenched in fury, the witch only shaking her head.

"You won't hurt me. I'm the only one alive who can break the curse on Hayley's family."

"That matters not to me." Elijah breathed, barely sparing a glance to the witches falling behind her. "You tried to kill my family. The love of my life. My son." He snarled, and Celeste rolled her eyes but he noticed the flash of hate and jealousy that filled them. "Yes, yes. Poor Andy and Reggie, you got to them in the nick of time. Can't say the same about your siblings, though." Celeste gestured to the two witches standing at her side. "Genevieve knows where Rebekah and Febe are. Bastiana has Klaus tucked away someplace safe." She shared, a red-headed women and an older women stepping forward.

"He's suffering horribly, I might add, and all because you chose to save your precious family instead of your own blood."

"I'll kill you..." Elijah growled as he made to step forward, before letting out a shout in pain as Celeste threw her palm forward, making him crumble to his knees as her spell hit him. "What a horrific ending...to your pathetic diseased family." She drawled, cocking her head to the side as she watched him cry out with a sadistic look on her face.

"I guess 'always' isn't forever after all."

•••

Andromeda stood in front of the burning plantation, Regulus pressed against her side as Hayley said goodbye to, who she now knew as, Jackson. Her brother had stopped crying, and now the two just stared at the fire as it ate away at their house. "Where will we live now?" Reggie whispered, and Andy ran her palm over his hair soothingly. "We'll have to stay with Elijah at Uncle Nik's place."

"Where is Nik? Is he in trouble, like Febe and Rebekah?"

Andy hesitated, before both turned to look as a car pulled up. "Αδελφός. Αδελφή." Fane breathed as he climbed out, and Regulus ran to him as he pulled both of his siblings into a hug. Andy clung to him, immediately feeling safe in her older brother's embrace before pulling away with a gasp. "Brother, Febe is-"

"I know. Elijah told me. Kol is with Marcel, they're looking everywhere as we speak." Fane stated firmly, pressing a kiss to her forehead. "We'll find them and bring them home. For now, we need to get you three to the Abbattoir." He wrapped his arm around her, lifting Regulus onto his hip as he gestured towards Hayley to follow them to the car. He took them back to the Abbattoir, the vampires filling the space as Kol led the search, and Andy quickly locked herself in Elijah's room with Regulus. She gave him a bath, tucking her sibling into bed as he immediately fell asleep.

Andromeda heard the shouts as Elijah entered the compound, but she didn't move. She stayed at Regulus's bedside, humming softly as she ran her fingers through his tousled curls. Andy felt it when Elijah entered the room, her Original moving silently until he stood behind her and she leaned into him with a sigh as he held onto her shoulders.

"Anything?"

"We're still looking."

"They could have killed him." Andromeda whispered, not looking away from Regulus's sleeping face. "He's human. Only seven-years-old. And they didn't care if he lived or died." She breathed and Elijah slowly knelt besides her, brushing the hair away from her face as he looked up at her storm cloud eyes. "Elskan?" He murmured softly, and Andy just shook her head. "I want them dead." She whispered harshly, finally looking at him, and Elijah had never seen the amount of anger that filled her eyes at that moment.

"All of them. Kill them all, Elijah, but Celeste is mine."

"As you wish." He breathed, her Original cupping her face gently in his palms as he pressed their foreheads together. "I will tear this city apart for you if that is what you wish. We will find our siblings, and I shall be their avenger."

"I promise."

•••

•••

**********************************************************************

Αδελφός. Αδελφή. -Brother. Sister.

Vote and Comment what you think!!!!

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

149K 5.1K 25
Rose Amari. In her world she's a witch, but not a servant of nature. When her mother dies mysteriously Rose and her sister, Phoebe, were drowning i...
281K 4.6K 47
What if Damon and Stefan had a younger brother?... Meet the brother who has a charm and attitude like his older brother Damon , but the courage of hi...
222K 4.9K 40
TVD STORY! Elena had a twin, not biological, but ny heart. Her name was Elizabeth Gilbert. She had always known about the supernatural and she knew t...
520K 17.9K 48
Book 1 of 3 18+ Warning ⚠️ mature scenes and language. Sneakpeek- "You mean something to me. Don't you?" He whispered into my ear as we danced. I no...