Qismat se Qubool Hai (Slow Up...

By _theimperfect_girl

He's a Hindu boy. She's a Muslim girl. He has a past. She has a past too. His past has turned him angry and... More

Author Note
City of Dreams!
Nightmares
Malhotra's
The Office
The Boss😎
Troubling the new girl
No More Attempts
In A New Light
Side Effects
Author's note
A day's off
Not A Cheater
Author's Note
Was She Mine?
Precious Day
His PA
Author's Note
Close Encounter
Author's Note
Pain-The Best Friend
Author's Note
Attitude

An Odd Demand

40 6 1
By _theimperfect_girl

Hello guys I'm really sorry for getting disappeared. I hope many of you must be aware of my accident and the miseries in my life in past few months as I mentioned in AN. But I'm trying to get back to normal, so I'm starting to write again and will update whenever I can.

***************

Happy reading

Returning from the office after a stressful day Seher sat on the rock and roll chair in the balcony of her room just enjoying the sunset. She loves the view in front of her eyes because according to her it teaches a lot, like never giving up and rising to a new day with a new hope and dream. She was satisfied as the day had been a good one, she thanked her Allah for everything, specially for nothing of that sort happened that could make her boss angry, suddenly she remembered about the coffee incident and a smile made it's way to her lips. While she was thinking about everything, the posture of Manik sleeping on his chair came in front of her eyes and she realised what she had done today in the morning when her boss entered the cabin, the ringtone of her phone bought her back out of her thoughts and a smile crept her face looking at the name on the caller id.

"Hello Assalam Alaikum Ammi" she spoke answering the call. "Ammi mai theek hun....ji ji...sab theek hai...aap kaisi hain....bhaijaan or bhabi.....wo office me work load thoda zyada hai...yes Ammi.. I know..... sorry..... I'll come on Sunday....nhi nhi...pakka aaungi Inshallah....I love you....take care....Khuda hafiz Ammi"

After dinner and some family time Manik was sitting on the swing in the balcony, looking at nowhere, the cool breeze kissing his face, blowing his hairs and the wind sound whistling in his ears but he was just sitting there without feeling any of it, thinking about some precious memories of his daughter, while he was lost kichu came in with his cofee which he usually has at night and Manik came out of his trance hearing his own name. Reality struck him and he realised that he was again lost in his own world which happens usually. Adjusting himself on his place he thanked kichu for the coffee and the latter left. Sighing he picked up the coffee mug, took it near the lips, he was about to take a sip and suddenly the words said by Seher echoed in his ears and he moved the mug away from his mouth before even taking a sip. He got lost in his thought process of  whatever happened in the office.
He remembered the facts that Seher stated about black coffee, he questioned himself that is it that bad for health but he couldn't think of the answer as he couldn't go beyond the way he had spewed the coffee, he felt a bit embarrassed thinking about all of it but then he realised that when next he had asked Seher to order the same a smile had crept on his lips. Putting back the mug he stood up from the swing and shifted to his bed.

"She made me smile....she actually did"!!  he spoke to himself. Sleep took over him, without him noticing that slowly but steadily his life had started changing.

Next morning at the breakfast table everyone were busy having their breakfast, Mukti spoke

Mukti : So Bhai what's the plan today?

Manik : What plan? (raising his eyebrows) as usual I'm leaving for work after breakfast.

Cabir : Hmmm as usual he'll leave early and I'll go on time (taking a sip of his juice)

Mukti : Come on guys how boring !!! (disappointed)

Dadi : What happen Mukku...kya hua..tujhe kuch kaam hai...

Mukti : Mai London jaa rahi hun ... after two days and these guys don't even care... (putting fork down)

Manik : come to the point Mukti..

Cabir : han... what are you trying to say? (confused)

Mukti : I want to spend some quality time with you'll before I leave..so I want you to....umm..I want you to...

Manik : want what?? Say Mukti

Mukti : Iwantyoutotakealeave..(she said in a go)

Manik and Cabir : What??? (confused)

Mukti : (sighing) Bhai I want you to take a leave from office today.

Cabir dropped the fork from his hand, Dadi sat like a statue with the morsel of food in her hand and Mukti shut her eyes tightly ranting something constantly. Actually asking Manik to take a leave from work wasn't that easy, he doesn't likes it. On Sundays he has to stay back at home because Dadi doesn't allow him. He tries his level best to stay away from home, it's not that he doesn't love his family but staying home means getting lost in the memories of his daughter and going through that endless pain of his life.
There was an unbreakable silence in the dining area. But what happened next, filled the same area with laughter and happiness. Everyone was sitting quietly zipping their mouth and Manik spoke breaking the silence.

Manik : (clearing his throat) Ok I'll..

"What?????" The trio said together with a shocking reaction.

Mukti : Seriously Bhai..... I mean... really... matlab...aap... you're taking a leave....sach....(taking breaks in btw)

Cabir : Manik.  ..teri tabiyat to theek hai na....(touching his forehead) no... I mean ....fever to nahi hai na...

Dadi : Manik ..... Are you sure beta?

Manik : Yeah Dadi.... but!!!

Mukti : But???   (making a bad face) but what Bhai?

Manik : I'll take a leave and definitely spend time with you but not today sweetie.... tomorrow... Today I'll have to go and complete my pending work. So is that fine with you or shall I (in a teasing way)

Mukti : No no no no....Bhai that's completely Ok with me...(in a happy tone)

The dining area was filled with sound of Mukti's laughter and happiness voice. She stood up from her chair jumped in happiness like a kid who has just got her favourite toy, coming to Manik she back hugged him while the latter was still sitting on his chair Mukti hugged him saying " I love you Bhai" and he ruffled her hair's in affection to which Mukti made a bad face and said irritatedly "Bhai my hair's". Dadi and Cabir smiled looking at the bond between the duo. Dadi was admiring the small smile on Manik's lips which she rarely witnesses while Mukti was making plans with Cabir as to what she'll do tomorrow. Manik had just finished his breakfast and taking blessings from Dadi he left for office.

-------------

Manik : Miss Baig.... what's the schedule for tomorrow? Any meetings lined up?

Seher : Si..(cut in btw)

Before she could speak she was cut in between by her boss.

Manik : Postpone it if any!!! I want you to postpone if there's any meeting tomorrow (busy working in his laptop)

Seher : No Sir ...there aren't any meetings tomorrow but....

Manik : But....but what? (raising his brows)

Seher : Sir .... Mr Maheshwari has been calling continuously to meet you...so I thought of fixing a meeting with them tomorrow as there isn't any... but..

Before she could complete.....

Manik : What? (abruptly shouting loud, he stood up from his place) seriously Miss Baig how did you?

Seher : but sir....

Manik : But... What but? Han...have you forgotten that you're suppose to ask me before fixing any meetings.

Standing in front of Seher, Manik was fuming in anger,bombarding Seher with questions as to why and how did she fix one without even listening to her, on the other hand Seher was glued to her place standing still and stiff tears in her eyes threatening to come out anytime. She has seen her boss in anger but it was first for her that she was scolded so badly. She tried her best to speak but she could hardly utter anything because of the lump that had formed in her throat and besides that Manik's voice was so high that whatever she would've told couldn't be heard.

Looking at the situation getting out of control Seher walked out of the cabin, correction she ran out of the cabin with tears rolling down her cheeks.
Throwing the files and other stuff on the floor Manik sat on the couch, breathing heavily in anger.

Cabir noticed Seher running out of  Manik's cabin he did understood that something was wrong, he called out to Seher but she didn't respond, he witnessed her disappear from his sight in a swift. He walked into Manik's cabin just to witness the mess on the floor and his friend who was sitting on the couch with his face palmed. Although he knew that why he was so irritated today but Cabir thought that it would be better to avoid the topic for now. Clearing his throat Cabir sat besides Manik, he sighed and called out to him.

Cabir : (softly) Manik..

He didn't get any response as the man sitting there was lost in his own world so he called out his name again but this time in a little louder and sharp tone. Manik came out of his trance to witness his friend sitting besides him.

Manik : Are !! Cabir tu kab aaya....(sighing and rubbing his palm on his face)

Cabir : jab tu Seher ko daant ke apni duniya me khoya hua tha...
(when you were lost in your world after scolding Seher)

Manik : Aisa kuch nahi hai...I didn't do anything (he stammered on his words)

Cabir : Seriously Manik!!! (sternly) You want me to buy that.....after that I saw how badly she ran out of your cabin... tears all over her face....

Manik : Okay fineeeee...(standing up from the couch) I did ....but it was her mistake (throwing his hands in air) she arranged a meeting with Maheshwari's without even asking me.

Cabir : No I don't think so she would've done that..... Are you sure about it? Did she tell you that you've a meeting?

Manik : Ofcou...she..I ... don't know...I mean....maybe....urgggh!!! I'm not sure she didn't tell that she had arranged, she said she thought of....

Cabir : First of all she won't do anything without your consent and secondly agar usne aisa kiya bhi hota tab bhi (even if she had done it) you aren't angry on her....it's just your frustration that you've vent out at her at the wrong time...poor girl she was at the wrong place at the wrong time...

Manik : What nonsense?? what frustration... there's nothing like that ( clearing his throat and avoiding eye contact with Cabir)

Cabir : Come on Manik! I know you inside out (patting his back) Aaj jo ghar pe hua tu us baat se pareshan hai

(You're worried about what happened today at home)

Manik knew he couldn't lie to Cabir, sooner or later he had to accept the truth. Cabir would never leave his side until he's convinced that the latter is doing absolutely fine, he has always been there with him like a constant support and a pillar on which Manik could lean himself after all that's what good and best friends are for, they tease you, they irritate you, hit you, bother you, make fun of you but they're always by your side even in worst of your times giving you support and making sure that you don't fall apart. The bond that the duo share is really strong, they don't need word's to understand each other, knowing well that Cabir won't give upon him Manik gave in.

"Yes I am" Manik said in frustration "and you know exactly why" he continued "it's been after a long time that Mukti has asked me for something...but her demand is so odd.....and I .... I'm just.... don't know what to do....you know right"????

"Yes ofcourse I do...but that doesn't mean that you'll vent out your frustrations and anger on Seher, that's not right Manik" said Cabir.

"Tch....Oh God!!! what do I do ? You know that staying home for an entire day....I .....mai kaise" Manik said his voice almost breaking at his words.

"Manik look I understand what you've been through but kab tak tu aise khud ko saza deta rahega.... you've to move on yaar....someday or the other.... Manik life is too big and you can't just be stuck in your past" Cabir said with a concerned tone

"Besides that you shouldn't have spoken to Seher the way you did to her" exclaimed Cabir.

"Tu to aise bol raha hai jaise tune dekha mujhe use gussa karte hue"
(How are you so sure, as if you saw me scolding her)
Manik said although it sounded more of a question.

"Mai tujhe janta he kahan hun,hai na Manik"
Cabir replied sarcastically.

-------------

Standing in front of the mirror in the washroom area, tears flowing continuosly from her eyes, Seher was trying to figure out as to why did her boss react that way, neither did she spoke any rubbish nor did she try to irritate him, she was just doing her work, after like thinking for a good 15minutes she still couldn't understand as to why her boss went suddenly into that hulk mode without any reason but one thing she had understood that her boss wasn't an easy person to handle and she remembered as to why pari had asked her that whether she's sure of taking the job. She washed her face which had traces of tears all over her face. It's not that she hadn't seen something like this before infact she had experienced the worst than this but it  had been a long time since someone had spoken so badly with her.

-----------

Manik was busy working on his laptop, the door to his cabin flung open  not before a knock on it. Seher walked in with some files that had to be signed by him. Her red swollen eyes weren't gone unnoticed by Manik because she had been crying for a while. She kept the files on the table in front of him and told him that Cabir has sent these files to get them signed by him. He took the pen and started signing them. Seher couldn't stop herself from asking Manik to read the documents once. To which he asked her that has Cabir already read them, to which she said yes, he continued have you read them as well, receiving an affirmative response from her Manik signed all the papers while Seher stood there at distance from the place where he was seated.He looked at her through the corner of his eyes. Her eyes where fixed to floor as if she's seeing the best of scenario there on the floor.

"It's done! You can take them" Manik called out to Seher.

"Thank you Sir!! "she said picking up the files from the table. While Manik was just looking at her red eyes which he knew why it was. Seher was about to leave the cabin. Manik called her out and she stopped in her tracks turning back to her boss she stood there with her head lowered.

"Miss Baig I want you to postpone if there are any meetings tomorrow and the day after as well" Manik said standing up from his place.

"There aren't any but I'll cross check once and do the needful if necessary" Seher replied back in a plain tone with a blank face not bothered to even look at him. She was about to leave.

"Wait" she heard his voice again.

"What about Maheshwari ? You said.... "

Before he could complete Seher cut him in between and said

"Sir I said that I was thinking of fixing a meeting I didn't mention that I had already fixed one but aap to.... anyways Sir you be rest assured that I'll never do anything without your permission" she said blankly.

"Hmmm Cabir said the same thing
(clearing his throat) I won't be there here tomorrow and maybe I'll be late the day after as well..." Manik said.

"Alright sir.... anything else...can I take a leave" Seher asked her gaze still fixed on the floor.

To be continued......

Thanks for reading 😊

I hope I've compensated for being late ...

The chapter was quite a big one.

Do tell me how was it ?

Leave your comments and any suggestions are more than welcome.

Please click the ⭐ button.

#okthanksbye!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

192K 16.4K 81
𝙄𝙩 𝙞𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙬𝙧𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙤 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙖 𝙗𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙥𝙖𝙨𝙩! 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙖𝙗𝙨𝙤𝙡𝙪𝙩𝙚𝙡𝙮 𝙬𝙧𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙡𝙞...
97.2K 2.9K 11
A beautiful wedding turns to a disaster when the younger brother of the groom elopes with the bride's sister on the eve of the marriage. Two families...
8K 512 61
They say "Blood is thicker than water." but "FAMILY" isn't just about blood, it's about who you love and have faith in and above all who loves you. F...
232K 14.1K 67
"You can try all you want to make him love you, Anika but he will never love you. Because he has given his heart to me along ago." She said looking a...