Happy Place || A Jerrie Fanfi...

נכתב על ידי cxndid

Two months in Miami is what twenty-five-year-old Jade Thirlwall believes she needs to get a break from the ov... עוד

I - BABE
II - LOST AND FOUND
III - JADE THIRLWALL
IV - MY VOICE
VI - JUST JADE
VII - SHE MUST BE
VIII - NO SHIT, SHERLOCK
IX - EVERY FIBER OF MY BEING
X - YOUR FLIRTING SKILLS SUCK
XI - YOU BET I AM
XII - YOU TOLD ME BEFORE
XIII - WITH A PINCH OF PAIN IN MY CHEST
XIV - SHARED A FREAKING MOMENT
XV - YOUR BURDENS ARE MINE AS WELL
XVI - GIRLS' DAY
XVII - FOR THE FIRST TIME
XVIII - FEELINGS
XIX - JUST SOMEONE IN THE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY
XX - I CAN'T REMEMBER
XXI - SHAME ON YOU
XXII - CAN I WALK YOU HOME?
XXIII - PRETTIER
XXIV - I WANT TO BE THAT PERSON
XXV - COME BACK HOME
XXVI - IT HAS TO BE
XXVII - TEMPORARY
XXVIII - BUT YOU WILL
XXIX - I NEED THIS
XXX - CEMETERY
XXXI - ALL TOO WELL
XXXII - PEOPLE PLEASER

V - JADE AMELIA THIRLWALL

947 38 11
נכתב על ידי cxndid

The next morning I woke up on the right side of the bed, facing the wall. I let out a yawn and groaned as I stretched my limbs, before finding myself in the middle of a staring contest with the ceiling fan above.

And that's when a thought raced through my mind: there was no ceiling fan in my hotel room.

I jolted up, completely wide awake now that I've realized that I'm not at the hotel and instead at somebody else's home. I'm still wearing the bikini from yesterday, and that's good, I thought to myself. I swiveled my head around to scan the room.

There was a nightstand just beside me on the left side, my bag situated on top of it. I sighed in relief when I see that my phone is still in my bag.

I checked it and frowned at the screen. 7 missed calls from Steve and 8 missed calls from Jesy. And a lot more notifications from Twitter and Instagram.

Fuck.

I shut my phone off before looking around again. A black desk table in front of me with a computer on top and the CPU below, obscured by a black chair. A digital clock on the wall that read 6:11 am.

And then I saw myself - - a poster of myself, actually, pasted on the cream-colored wall. It was me holding a Coke. And I remembered four years ago when I signed a contract with Coca-Cola for endorsements of their products.

"What the?" I find myself muttering, still staring at myself who looked so happy in the picture - obviously it was a fake smile.

"Oh, good. You're awake."

I darted my eyes toward the door and found Perrie's little sister - Caitlyn, I remembered - smiling at me. I was too dumbstruck because of the poster to smile back, and Caitlyn must have realized that because she looked at the poster then looked back at me, and I noticed that her smile's a bit weak now.

"Sorry 'bout that. I just wanted to say that I'm a big fan of yours," she apologized, rubbing her arm nervously. "I didn't mean to creep you out. I was too shy when I met you to say it."

Oh, so it's not Perrie's, I thought, relieved, but for some reason, a bit disappointed.

"Where is she?" I asked, swinging my legs on the edge of the bed so I was now sitting in front of her.

Caityln nudged her head outside. "She's cooking breakfast."

"Oh, okay then." I stood up and walked over before I felt her hand on my forearm, stopping me and forcing me to look at her.

Caitlyn contemplated on what to say before finally saying, "Perrie has... memory problems."

"Yeah," I say, nodding understandingly. "Yeah, she told me yesterday."

"So, in case she forgets what happened," she says, "tell her the code: happy place. Then she'll know that you know each other. That's better than having her punch you because she thinks you're a stranger."

I nodded, kind of dumbfounded that an eight-year-old knows how to explain such things like this, but I guess she's one precocious girl. Her appearance clearly belies her way of conversating.

Then a question popped in my head. "Actually, I have to ask - I fell asleep last night, in her arms. And I don't know what -"

"Ah," she cuts me off, giggling afterwards. "I don't know what really happened. But she and Liam carried you to my room, and Perrie kicked me out and told me to just sleep with her instead."

I gave her a confused look. "Who's Liam?"

"Oh, you know, Perrie's boyfriend." For once, Caitlyn acted like an actual eight-year-old what with the trying to supress her smile and a childish giggle as if she was the one being asked out.

I, on the other hand, am stunned to hear that Perrie - the same Perrie who practically flirted with me in the restaurant yesterday, the same Perrie who forgot what we were arguing about because I was 'too pretty', and the same Perrie who even offered for me to stay at her place if I ever wanted to live here - has a boyfriend.

And I wondered if this Liam guy knows what he got himself into. Because apparently I can deduce from experience that Perrie is a detrimental woman.

"Oh," I say, "Is he here, too?"

"Nope." Caitlyn shakes her head. "But he'll drop by soon. He needs to send me to school. I gotta take a bath now. See you in awhile, Jade." She flashed a sheepish smile before heading off to the bathroom just beside the bed.

I hummed in response before seeing myself out her bedroom. Since Caitlyn didn't come with me, I had to find the kitchen on my own, which was thankfully not that hard to do since I can already smell bacon nearby.

I walked through the narrow hallway and went down the steps until finally, I saw her back facing me. She's wearing denim overalls with a white shirt inside and pink flip-flops. A song from a band I couldn't recognize blew up from two small speakers sitting beside each other on the island countertop.

She's swaying her body to the rhythm of the music whilst moving about the kitchen, preparing ingredients, completely oblivious of my presence.

I was oscillating between wanting to interrupt her or just stand by and watch until she finishes. But when it seemed like she probably won't finish soon, I went for the former option instead.

I went down the final step of the staircase when it made a creaking noise, giving me away, much to my dismay. I quickly got off the steps and held my breath.

"Caitlyn, if you're gonna scare me, I won't feed you your favorite." Perrie merely moved her head an inch, but not enough to check who it really was behind her.

Oh, crap, I thought. If I don't speak up, she'll think that it's somebody else and worst case scenario, what Caitlyn had told me awhile ago will come to fruition and I'd leave this place with a bruised face. I gulped down the apprehension and hoped for the best when I officially announce my presence to her.

"Uhm, actually, I'm Jade Thirlwall." My voice sounded hoarse probably because I literally just woke up.

Perrie's body tensed and she dropped whatever kitchen tool she was holding a second ago, causing a sharp, metallic sound once it rammed against the concrete. She quickly swiveled her body towards me but not before she fumbled for her phone on the side to turn off the music. A gasp absconded from her mouth as she points accusingly at me.

"Caitlyn!" she shouts hastily, "Jade Thirlwall is here!"

I held both my hands up as if I was caught and vigorously shook my head. "No, no, no, no, no! I - ugh - happy place!"

Perrie continues to stare at me, her eyes wide; face creased with terror. She shakes her head, her index finger still pointing at me, "What?"

I was too caught up in a whirlwind of panic that I had to shout once more, "Happy place!"

Her forehead crinkled when she furrowed her brows. I can tell that she's still processing the words, before she raises her eyebrows and exhibited a look of recognition.

"We've met?" she questioned, finally lowering her hand albeit slowly.

I nodded cautiously, lowering my arms as well. "Y-yeah. Just yesterday."

"Just yesterday?"

I nodded again. "Yeah."

She still that wore that dubious look, then her eyes lowered down to my body and stayed there. "Why are you wearing a bikini?"

Now aware of what I'm currently wearing, I suddenly become self-conscious. I cleared my throat, feeling awkward getting asked about that and folded my arms in front of my chest.

"Well, um, because you brought me here... last night," I tried to sound as convincing as possible even though it really was true.

Now Perrie was the one looking self-conscious. And I did not know why and was about to ask, but then she cleared it up for me.

"Are you... saying we slept together last night?" she asked, her words coming out slowly as if unsure.

My eyeballs almost felt like coming out of their sockets. Now that I think about it, the way I said it sounded crude in ways I do not have the capacity nor the will to explain.

"No!" I practically squeaked, waving my right hand hurriedly as if to dismiss the thought right away. I shook my head. "No, no! NO! I meant that I fell asleep, in your arms -"

"In my arms!?"

I shake my head more violently now. "No! I mean - - yes! I mean - -" I have never felt so aggravated since I came here in Miami. I placed a palm on my forehead, groaning before composing myself as I put down my hand. "It's just... I had a panic attack last night, and - - and you consoled me and I didn't know what happened but I remember falling asleep literally in your arms."

Perrie's face contorted in confusion. "That's it? That was all that happened?"

I sighed, suddenly out of breath. "Yes. That was all."

She lifted a skeptical brow. "We didn't... - -"

I immediately cut her off, "No! We did not kiss or anything! You just comforted me, that is it."

She still looked doubtful. "Are you sure, Jade Thirlwall?"

I rolled my eyes and scoffed. "Believe me, if we kissed, you wouldn't forget that."

And all of a sudden, we were ... kind of flirting. And it took me back to yesterday when she leaned closer - - her eyes filled to the brim with mischief.

She tilted her head, a coquettish smirk playing at the edge of her lips. She leaned back on the counter and crossed her arms. "You a good kisser?"

A surge of confidence made me shrug my shoulders coolly and say, "I don't kiss and tell."

Perrie snorted. "Is that an invitation?"

"It's nothing," I say, then I remembered why I was looking for her in the first place. "I need you to bring me to my hotel."

"And where is your hotel?" she asks, turning around to resume her cooking.

"The hotel near where you and Caitlyn usually play volleyball."

"Ah, so we really do know each other... Jade Thirlwall." She's putting the bacon on the plates and proceeds to crack an egg and putting the yolk on the frying pan.

"Just call me Jade," I tell her, "Calling me by my full name reminds me of home."

"Where's your home? Los Angeles?"

I look at her, shocked. "How'd you know that?"

She peeked over her shoulder to look at me, and said, "Caitlyn's a big fan of What A Girl Wants. You're her favorite character," before looking back at her cooking. She added, "She even watches your interviews. That's also the reason why your name gets stuck in my head every once in a while." She paused before dramatically saying, "Jade Amelia Thirlwall."

I scoffed, "Great. You've hit home."

"Caitlyn! Jade Amelia Thirlwall is inside our home!" Perrie shouted all of a sudden with a voice so loud I'm confident to declare Caitlyn as deaf if she claims that she did not hear her sister.

"I know!" shouts Caitlyn from upstairs, "Is the food ready!?"

"How about you come down and check!?" Perrie shouted back before getting the egg and placing it beside the bacon before cracking another egg on the frying pan. Then she snickered quietly and said, "She'll be pissed at me if she finds out I'm not halfway finished."

I beamed and shook my head before pulling a stool to sit down. "Is it just you and her?"

Instead of a verbal response, Perrie simply hummed whilst she nodded. After a few seconds, she spoke up, "You should eat first. Liam's coming over in a while. He's one of my guy friends, so if you feel uncomfortable with..." she spared a second to glance at me, and gestured to my bikini before looking back, "there's a jacket by the rack beside the door."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "But Caitlyn told me he's yo - -"

I was cut off by the familiar creak of the wooden staircase and Caitlyn materializes, sitting down on the stool beside me, all showered up and donning what seems to be her school uniform. A frown appeared on her face when she observed her sister.

"You're not even done yet," she grumbles, huffing afterwards.

Perrie spared a second to glance at her over her shoulder before focusing back on her kitchen duty. "Just needed to make sure you're all ready."

"And as you can see, I am. Where's your boyfriend?" There goes that trying-hard-not-to-smile look on her face and the childish giggles. I find myself smiling at her unknowingly.

"You're too young to say words like that," Perrie tuts. "But he's on his way, that's for sure." She placed the egg on the plate with strips of bacon and a lonely egg before finally turning off the stove and turning around with the plate, eyes crinkling as she smiles excitedly. "Breakfast time!"

And as if on cue, the doorbell rang. Before I could even swivel the stool to see who's outside the door, Caitlyn nearly tumbled over her own stool before rushing to get it.

I took the opportunity to get the jacket by the rack when I see a man who seems to be in my age cohort, sporting a gray v-neck and khaki shorts and some flip-flops. Caitlyn and he are talking animatedly as if they haven't seen in each other for years.

When I came back, Perrie was already digging in. And I noticed that she prepared my meal as well.

I sat back down on the stool, clutching the jacket against me. "So the guy outside's Liam, I presume?"

It took a second for Perrie to swallow her food, then she replied, "Yup. Handsome, isn't he?"

I nodded in agreement.

Perrie snorted and smirked. "But don't get your hopes up. Liam likes men. And although you're a celebrity and gorgeous, he won't like you that way."

"He's gay?" I asked, surprised. "I thought he's your boyfriend."

Perrie almost choked at her food. "Boyfriend?"

I stared at her, not knowing what to say. "Uhm..."

Caitlyn walked in just in time with Liam, and I thanked her in my head.

"Perrie, we're leaving," Liam announced, then his eyes fall on me. "Oh. My. God. Y-you're Jade Thirlwall."

I attempt a polite smile and waved shyly. "Hello."

He continued to stare at me for a few seconds, slack-jawed, before finally closing his mouth and directing his gaze at the blonde who seemed indifferent even under his intense glare as she continues to devour her meal.

"Perrie, you idiot," Liam cursed. "You didn't tell me it was Jade Thirlwall that we brought home? I may be drunk but I know a name!"

"Who's Jade Thirlwall?" Perrie asks, not looking up as she takes a bite of bread that she retrieved from the end of the island countertop. 

I rolled my eyes but smiled to myself.

"You always forget what I say." Caitlyn folded her arms, looking a bit pissed. She looks up at Liam, "Let's go," she practically demanded before leaving.

Liam pulled his lip into his mouth before attempting a smile. "Sorry about that. Caitlyn's a big fan of yours so every time Perrie teases her, she gets... what do you call that — triggered."

I chuckled and shook my head. "Not the first time."

"See you again soon, Jade Thirlwall." Then he followed Caitlyn outside, leaving me and Perrie alone.

We were quiet now, minding our own business as we ate. In the middle of eating, I would initiate conversations and Perrie would do the same. Though I noticed that she keeps repeating her questions and what she just told me. And I wondered whether this 'memory problem' of hers is something serious and needs to be consulted.

After we finished, I volunteered to do the dishes since I'm the guest and in the meantime, Perrie will get my bag upstairs.

"Alright," Perrie said once she came back, hanging on her shoulder is my bag. She leans her elbows on the table to prop her chin with both knuckles. "You done, Jade Thirlwall?"

I placed the plates inside their respective places before spinning around with a grin. "I'm done."

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

3.4K 198 18
Completed 1949. Perrie Edwards, daughter of the influential General Edwards, lives in affluence and abundance among parties attended by the rich and...
53.5K 2.3K 23
Jade Thirlwall has spent the last few years looking up to Perrie Edwards. She is the one who inspired Jade to study music production, and has helped...
41.1K 1.7K 8
Jade Thirlwall, recently dumped by boyfriend of 2 years, needs a new partner to make him jealous. She finds the best candidate and that happens to be...
209K 7.6K 36
Guilt. Obligation. Responsibility. Jade Thirlwall is consumed with all three. After another devastating loss, Jade forced herself to protect the woma...