Flawed Perfection.

By lolitanto

She loved her life just the way it was. Rich loving parents, caring friends, a perfect boyfriend. She couldn'... More

......
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Bonus
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36

Chapter 27

78 12 72
By lolitanto

"So you're going to be ditching us for this Peyton guy?" I ask looking disappointed.

"Sadly, but not so much, yes." Ray replies holding our hands, trying to convince us.

"But I still don't believe you started dating this guy without even telling us." Natalie says leaning back into the bed.

"It's not as if I didn't want to tell you guys, I just didn't want to jump into conclusions and tell you guys what I wasn't sure about." Ray explains.

"You weren't sure if you were dating him?" I ask still trying to get her point.

"No, not that, I wasn't sure of how I felt towards him, and I wanted him to meet you guys but he always has something doing." She replies,

"Then you would have told us, we could have understood." Natalie replies dramatically almost pushing me off her lap.

I immediately use the bed to steady myself and she gives me an apologetic smile.

"You kept us out of everything going on in your life and now, today of all days, you decide to tell us," I pause "It's the 23rd," I add dramatically.

"I know, I know I just wanted to handle everything on my own." She spins the swivel then moves forward till she's directly in front of us.

"I know it's the 23rd Ash, and I'm really sorry that, I have to go today," She says holding my hands.

"Gosh, you look so love struck." Natalie groans, which makes us laugh.

"What did I miss?" Steph asks.

Her voice comes immediately with the sound of the opening door. She heads towards us with her friendly smile as usual greets us and lays on the bed.

"Nothing much, just that Ray is ditching us to go on a date with Peyton," I say laying back on Natalie's thighs.

"Who's Peyton?" She asks looking confused and turns her attention to Ray.

Ray immediately picks up her phone to read a text then gets up.

"You shouldn't be late to Mrs Holidays place. Please send my regards," She says rushing out.

Talk about perfect timing.

"He's her boyfriend," Natalie replies.

"Boyfriend?" She asks with wide eyes.

"We didn't know about it too," I say laughing while sitting up.

"She set up the arrangement for today but now, she'll be leaving is to do it all on our own." I groan

"Well, if it makes you feel better I invited the boys," Steph says.

"You're always a step ahead aren't you?" Natalie jokes.

"Of course," She replies and winks.

Today is going to be a long day.

I get up to put on perfect clothes for today, something very light, because I'll need all the fresh air I can get. We then head outside to wait for the guys.

We've never needed the guys before to help us out. I sigh.

"There's always room for a change." Natalie says softly and smiles at me.

"Did I just say that out?" I ask,

"No."

"Yes." They contradict themselves.

I'll stick with Steph, I did say that out.

*****

"I can't believe you guys are dragging us into this whole tradition of yours," Noah complains as he drives.

"Just be glad you'll be useful for once." Natalie replies which makes us laugh.

"When have I ever not been useful?" Noah replies after laughing.

"Where's Ray?" Dylan asks.

"She out with her boyfriend," Steph replies.

"Peyton?" Noah asks.

"You guys knew about Peyton?" I ask, disappointment showing clearly.

"No!" They Say in sync.

"That's very believable guys," Nat says rolling her eyes.

I can't believe Ray told the guys and didn't tell us. It's very important that she tells us, I mean we're her girlfriends and then she didn't show up for today after making plans. What am I saying? I should be happy for her. Yes, I'm really happy for her. I sigh.

Well it's still good that the boys are here, they always lighten up my mood one way or another. The past week was really awful for me and we haven't really had time to be together, I miss them. Too bad Cade and Nathan couldn't be here today.

Noah pulls up in the parking lot of Mrs Holidays house, and we get out, I didn't even realize we were already at her place. She's Ray's grandma's friend and her house isn't really far from mine.

A day before our birthdays has always been like this since I can remember. Ray brought up the idea of doing charity a day before our birthdays which is like a gratitude to God for adding more years to our lives.

"Mrs Holiday!" Natalie exclaims before moving forward to hug her and I follow after her.

"Just call me Nana." She waves her hands in dismissal. "I can see Sarah didn't show up today," she says looking at us, we laugh at the mention of Sarah.

I almost forgot that Ray's other name was Sarah and she hates it when we call her that.

The guys exchange greetings with her before we all head in. Her husband is away for work, while her kids have their own family to take care of, so she was alone in her huge home.

Her house feels so warm and welcoming, with the walls painted cream, along pictures of the family hanging, the whole interior design is incredible.

She leads us to the greenhouse after explaining to us that she hasn't put it for use for a while now, because of the weather. But as a result of the upcoming winter, she has to get it done. That was when Ray suggested to have us help her out. She gives us all the necessary things and heads back inside.

"I still can't believe I have to do this," Dylan says as we clear the surface of the soil.

"Well at least we get to spend time together," I say chuckling at his expression.

"How come you guys were the one who ended up here?" Natalie asks

"We were played by Nathan and Cade," Noah murmurs.

I can't help but burst out laughing. I won't say I can't believe they were played, but then Cade should be here instead of Dylan.

After clearing up the soil surface,which was a lot of work, well for me, we start placing the pots on the benches and the shelves.

"You guys are actually doing a good job by yourself." Nathan chuckles as he comes into sight with Cade.

Noah and Dylan look like they'll pounce on them anytime. Nat doesn't look so delighted to see her brother, I mean they see each other everyday, and Steph just smiles at them before returning to what she's doing.

"Yes, we are, so you can go back the way you came," I say with a fake smile and I'm sure I look creepy.

"Don't be like that Ash, we know you love the fact that you're here. Your eyes give you out," Cade says smiling.

Of course I was glad they were here, I was super excited.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I say turning back to what I was doing.

Cade moves forward to hug me and raises me up.

"Fine fine." I laugh "I'm happy to see you," I say smiling at him, he smiles at me back with his eyes glittering which makes my heart melt. "Now drop me down." I continue laughing.

They take a pair of hand gloves and join us soon after.

"What made you guys change your mind?" Dylans asks.

"The girls finally ask us to join their tradition and you expect us to reject that, no way." Cade replies.

"Then why didn't you guys come in the first place?" Steph asks

"It's all on Nathan, he said he didn't want to get dirty," He replies.

"It surprises me that you changed your mind so quickly Nate." Nat says

"You guys have been on my tail since I stepped in here, jeez let me breath," He says.

"Just a few questions were asked Nathan." Dylan replies which makes us laugh.

He moves away from Dylan, "I knew you guys would miss me if I didn't show up, so I had to." He continues laughing. "See, Buttercup is so happy to see me," He says gesturing to my direction.

"You wish." I reply laughing, which earns me a wink from him.

Weirdo.

Nana calls us out to give us milk and cookies, she says it'll give us strength to go on, but honestly it's giving me Santa Claus vibes.

They head back inside while I help her take the plates and the glasses back into the house. On getting back, I feel exhausted so I just stay out and watch them instead.

Today didn't turn out bad at all, I'm really happy that the guys decided to show up. I can't help myself but be excited that maybe the real reason Nathan changed his mind, was to see me.

Paige Alexa Everleigh

12 years old

My mind takes me back to the events of that day, but I shake it off immediately and focus on my friends. They should be almost done with placing the seeds now, Steph looks flustered, while the rest are laughing. I don't know what happened but seeing them makes me laugh. I focus my attention on Nathan, he's laughing really hard, as usual, he looks gorgeous . It's as if my stare pierced through him and he turns. Our eyes meet and I quickly turn away.

Why did I do that? I could have just acted normal.

I turn my head back to look at him and he's laughing at my reaction.

Ha ha ha very funny.

"You love him so much don't you?" Nana asks scaring the shit out of me.

"Nana!" I exclaim. She laughs then comes to sit beside me.

"What are you talking about?" I ask,

"I mean you and Nathan make a great couple," She replies.

"What? No!" I say waving my hands to make sure my point is made.

"You don't have to hide it from me, it's obvious, the way you two have been looking at each other." She says looking very pleased.

Has he been looking at me the same way? The same way? What am I even saying?

"No, no, I have a boyfriend and that's not him," I say.

She looks disappointed but assumes her former expression "I don't know how things are with you and your boyfriend, but from what I can see, the guy you're in love with is right in front of you and..." She stops when they come out of greenhouse.

It's already quite late so we decide to head back home and we bid her goodbye.

"Wait, I have something for you." She says, then brings out a white fluffy scarf, she stops me before I'm able to reject it "Return it back to me if I'm wrong." she pauses then smiles "And you have to tell him." She says.

"Tell who what?" Cade asks sharing a confused look with everyone.

"No one." I reply quickly, "Thank you Nana, bye Nana." I say leaving immediately with them following closely behind me bugging me to tell them what she meant.

I'm really sorry for the late update, I've been busy with exams. I made this chapter a pretty long one so I hope you accept this along with my apology.

Don't forget to tell me how you feel about this chapter and also please don't forget to vote. Hugs and kisses.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110 26 19
things I wish to say.
3.7K 1K 49
She is the newbie, most people hate her but some people love her. She is complicated and very hard to understand but when you get to know her you fin...
2.7K 115 10
(𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍) 𝙍𝙤𝙡𝙚𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙮!!! 𝙊𝘾𝙨!!! 𝙈𝙪𝙡𝙩𝙞!!!
206 0 30
A girl who just wants to live the rest of her highschool life in peace.... but it did not go as what she expect.....