The Slytherin Royalty Book 1

By slytherinwilliams23

• Book 1 • TW:/// mentions of DFV (domestic family violence/abuse) and depression. Read at own risk. Olivia K... More

Prologue
Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
IMPORTANT MUST READ

Chapter four

878 33 7
By slytherinwilliams23

• Draco's POV •

Theodore Nott was an asshat.

Nobody in the high end pureblood family legacies wanted anything to do with him. He was 13 and somehow was already a womaniser. Draco hated his guts. His stupid gelled brown hair slicked back, and the gross smirk that was always adorned on his face.

And there he was just leaning against the bookshelves in the common room, eating an apple. It appears his giant ego thought himself as cool, Draco just thought of him as a git who has a crush on Olivia.

I mean, don't get Draco wrong, there was nothing wrong with Liv. But she was far too pure and sweet for someone as soul sucking as Nott.

"I'm just saying, Malfoy, I don't know why you don't snatch Kensington up. I might have to give her a go if you don't, man." His ugly smirk remains on his face as he can sense Draco's anger.

Blaise puts an arm on Draco to stop him from lunging. "She isn't an object to be snatched up nor should you give any girl a 'go.'" He snarls.

Theodore laughs and throws the Apple core away tirelessly.

Malfoy sighs and thanks Blaise. "He's an ass, but Liv is smart and won't fall for whatever the bloke thinks he has going for him." Blaise's words brightened Draco's mood.

Before the boys can continue the conversation, a familiar and loveable voice shouts. "Look out below!"

Draco turns on instinct, and watches his best friend rush down the stairs as if her life depended on it. Olivia uses Draco as a shield.

At first he's confused until Pansy storms down the stairs, with neon green hair. And a look of fury on her face.

Draco stretches his arms out to protect Liv. "Liv I asked for sheen hair not green hair!" She screeches.

Unfortunately for Pansy she wasn't as quick as Draco and huffs before giving up. At that moment, Daphne walks down in fits of laughter.

"You look like a damn tree." Tears stain her cheeks as she's laughing way too hard.

Pansy glares and snarks. "Can someone please fix this before I snap."

Liv smiled sheepishly and murmurs an incantation under her breath. Pansy's neon green locks are replaced with her original charcoal coloured hair, an attractive shine sitting comfortably.

Daphne sighs. "I was digging the green." She chuckled but quickly shut up after the look she received from Pansy. Liv steps aside from Draco as Crabbe and Goyle join them.

"Anyone up for an exploration of the castle?" Blaise asks his friends. He's met with an immediate yes and they head to breakfast.

***

The gang decide to head through the the courtyard following their Charms classroom. Jade green shrubs littered the floor, overgrown vines looked like it came from a Renaissance painting.

A beautiful grand water fountain sat proudly in the middle. Groups of students from every house were sitting on the cobblestone flooring gossiping.

The Slytherin group continue on their way, the courtyard wasn't overly spacious. They make their way through the large grass covered oval, where their flying lesson had taken place.

As they came to the castle entrance, Draco whispers. "Are you feeling 180%?" To Liv.

Her lips part into a grin. "181% even!" He laughs at how happy she looked. He liked it when she was happy.

The group eventually resign at the Black Lake. The soft, tuffs of grass acting as pillows. They sprawl out and admire the view.

Daphne and Blaise chuckle as they notice Pansy enchanting small ants on Crabbe and Goyle, causing them to shriek and jump every few minutes.

Olivia normally would have laughed at the scene, after all Crabbe and Goyle were rather stoic so any shrieking was peak comedy. But her fingers were too busy weaving a daisy chain, delicately constructing it and her eyes never breaking focus.

Daisy chains were something she had grown to become obsessed with. After all, after years of being sheltered from talking to the outside world she would take any entertainment she could get.

Draco admired the girl and her workings. Her concentration was remarkable. Especially with Daphne cackling like an old lady about Pansy's antics. Or the literal shrieking from the two boulders called Crabbe and Goyle.

His lips form a small smile, Liv looks up at him and blushes. "I zoned, didn't I?"

He smirks. "Just a little." He moves closer to have a look at the chain, that is now complete.

Her cheeks redden. "Sorry about the zoning out, this takes a lot of concentration-"

"Don't even apologise, Livvy. It looks incredible." He reassured her.

Liv grinned, which quickly turns into a smirk. "Care to try it on, Malfoy?" Her hand delicately holds the chain.

His eyebrows raise as the words register. Wordlessly he places it on his head and poses dramatically.

The group laugh and applaud, Crabbe and Goyle laugh at which point Draco gives Pansy a look. Their laughs are replaced by more shrieks as ants appeared.

The daisies complimented his snow coloured hair marvellously. His pale skin and silver orbs made the flowers shine even more.

Olivia smiles and adjusts the chain to make it a little longer and puts it around his neck.

Draco grins and gives her a quick hug. He loved the homemade gift. Daphne smiles at the pair and puts a charm on the chain, so that the flowers never die.

Draco thanked her and Liv's heart warmed as he kept the chain around his neck.

They head back inside. "Did anyone else forget about the mountain of potions homework we have waiting for us?" Blaise asks and the group groan. Their little escapade has a consequence it appears.

As they walk through the entrance and up the familiar cobble steps, they pass Ron Weasley who seems to have lost Scabbers.

"What's the matter Weasley? Can't find your vermin? Not surprised your family couldn't afford an actual pet, did they catch it themselves?" Draco sneers as the others laugh, Liv keeps quiet as she felt Ron's eyes gaze on hers curiously.

He couldn't possibly know about her family, could he?

As if on cue Harry Potter appears by his side. "Shove off, Malfoy. Least he didn't emotionally bleach his hair to deal with his family issues."

Draco laughs. "Least I have family to have issues with."

Harry's eyes glint with fury, that crossed a line for him. He pulls out his wand and murmurs something under his breath before moving the direction to Olivia.

It's as if the air was sucked out of her lungs and she doubles over. Internal fireworks ravage her insides and she begins shaking. Tears steam down her cheeks.

Pansy gasps and her and Daphne instantly help her towards the hospital wing. That was the last straw for Draco who went off on the pair. He wanted to keep his promise to Olivia, to not go off. He'd made it one late night, after they had stayed up talking.

And so he resorts to a punch in the face and a kick to Harry's stomach. Nobody harmed Olivia and got away with it.

"Boys, enough." Severus Snape appears out of nowhere.

"I ran into Ms Kensington who is currently in the hospital wing. Potter, Weasley you both should know better than to seriously injure a student. 50 points deducted," he paused and snickered. "Each."

The Gryffindor boys groan and storm off.

Severus turns to the Slytherin boys. "I suggest you support Ms Kensington. She'll need you lot."

His words resided with Draco, it seemed as if he intended a deeper meaning than a hospital visit.

But what on earth could he mean?

They immediately run to the hospital wing. Not stopping for anything, not even the oxygen that their lungs were craving.

Seeing Olivia on the hospital bed was the worst thing he'd witnessed. Her usual tan skin was eerily pale. Weak whimpers escaped her throat every few minutes. The girls were still sitting by her side. Daphne moved so Draco could switch with her spot.

He held her hand, worry and terror written all over his face. Liv grips his hand tightly everytime the pain comes. The pain was high, but Draco wouldn't ever complain nor ever even fathom letting go.

After all it was all his fault.

Olivia hadn't laughed with the others nor made any snide remarks. She was pure and sweet and he was the only reason they went after her.

She was the easiest way to destroy him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 29 15
After months of abuse from his friends, and Years of abuse from his muggle family, Harry Potter finds himself in the arms of Malfoy, Draco Malfoy. S...
469K 10.6K 31
The Second Wizarding War is over. Life is going back to normal. But when Hermione Granger finds out that's she's the daughter of the Pureblood Zabini...
3.8K 79 18
My downfall wasn't quick, it was a slow descent, damning myself ever since those words fell out of my mouth. "Yes, My Lord" ________________________...
30.5K 896 20
After a nearly successful suicide attempt, Draco Malfoy is relocated by his Godfather, Severus Snape, to the one place his parents would never think...