𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐅𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐙�...

By scarletmischief

"The day I ever go back to you and your posse of misfits will be the day hell freezers over." "Haven't you he... More

𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐅𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐙𝐄𝐒 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑
𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝐓𝐖𝐎
𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑
𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄
𝐒𝐈𝐗
𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄
𝐓𝐄𝐍
𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄: 𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄: 𝐓𝐖𝐎
𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄
𝐒𝐄𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐄𝐖
𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐔𝐒 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒
𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝐓𝐖𝐎
𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

1K 61 10
By scarletmischief

━━━━━━━★☾★☾★☾━━━━━━━

"IT'S NICE TO SEE YOU AGAIN, Evelyn. I think it's time you and I have our little chat, and it's long overdue." Lewis Snart stood to his feet with his usual wicked grin. Evelyn closed the door with her foot despite her natural extinct to bolt. She knew that Lewis was a smart man. He may not be as smart as his son, but he wouldn't have broken into her apartment knowing how much this girl meant to Leonard without having a well thought-out plan. He would have thought of the idea of her running out the door, so she knew he would have his men all in and around the building.

"You need to leave, now." Evelyn ordered him strongly. He took a small step forward, and she ran for the kitchen. Knowing her place like the back of her hand, she pulled out the biggest blade she owned and pointed it at him. She dared him to come any closer.

"Now, now, let's not do anything we might regret. I'm not here to pick a fight. I'm just here to talk." Lewis told her while he raised his hands to his chest. His eyes shined with pure amusement.

Evelyn knew better than to let her guard down. He may claim he was here to chat, but she knew he came here to threaten her for whatever insane reason that spun around in that head of his. But she didn't run to the kitchen just for a weapon in case he decided to play himself, she needed to put space between the two. She needed her kitchen counter to hide the fact that she discretely dialed Leonard's number. She waited impatiently for him to answer the phone.

"Evelyn, to what do I owe this spontaneous pleasure?" She faintly heard his smug voice, and thankfully Lewis couldn't hear his son's voice due to the distance. Evelyn slowly placed the phone on the counter face down to avoid any noise. She also made sure that she didn't leave the phone out in plain sight.

"What do you want to talk to me about Lewis?" Evelyn asked him. She made sure to say Lewis's name clearly so Leonard could hear.

"You know, I was curious about you from the moment I first saw you at The Garden." Lewis replied. His hands were crossed over his chest. The emotion in his eyes were hard to read. "My son has never taken a liking to anyone. Never felt like he deserved it. I guess, I played a part in that, but I wanted to know more about the woman who has stolen my sons heart."

"There's nothing romantic between Leonard and I. It's strictly platonic. It's only business." Evelyn lied as she silently prayed that it was convincing. She hoped that he would believe her and realize that she had nothing to offer him. Maybe then he would simply leave and never bother her again, but she knew that was unrealistic.

"See, I would love to believe that. I really do, but I did some digging. I asked around about you, and you wouldn't believe all the things you can find out when you ask the right people." His oddly warm tone had now shifted into one that was rather cold and menacing.

"You were an orphan—abandoned, unloved, and unwanted." Evelyn's eyes stung with the tears that wanted to break free, and she knew that this was what he wanted. Her whole life and the fact that she never knew her parents was always a sore subject with her. It affected her in more ways than one, and she always hated that. It only grew into a fear of abandonment that she felt will always reside with her.

"Poor child whose parents didn't want her and never will. They left her to hop from one family to the next because they too saw that she was worthless, and they didn't want her either." Evelyn felt the warm tears slowly slid down her cheeks. She wanted to say something—anything—but she couldn't. His words were exactly how she felt and what she believed. She didn't know how to argue against something she perceived to be the truth.

"And so you did what you felt you had to do.... you left. You became a good thief for someone who didn't really know better, and one hell of a hacker I'd give you that. Then you decided to try and steal from one of the most well known criminals, my son. He took pity on you and took you in. He made you everything that you were. You felt like you finally found a home. You found a place where you felt you belonged. But then he abandoned you too, because he too saw you for what you are. You chose to leave him and your old life behind because you too knew the truth."

"You started over. You went to school for criminal justice and became a forensic scientist. You eventually joined the CCPD. You became somebody. Somebody who for once was worth something." Lewis said with a fake smile.

Evelyn roughly wiped away her tears with the palm of her hand. She finally forced herself to make eye contact with the disgusting man after he had done nothing but degrade her. She eyed Lewis with nothing but pure anger and hatred. "Are you trying to make a point, or are you just wasting my time with your need to hear yourself talk?"

"What I'm trying to say is, I like you Evelyn." He said, and Evelyn scoffed. "And I know my son loves you. You two have more in common than you may think. That's why I need your help."

Evelyn let out an empty laugh. "You have a lot of nerve, breaking into my home, insulting me, then demanding favors."

"No, no, no, not demanding. I'm simply asking." Lewis clarified.

"And what could you possibly need my help with? What makes you think I would help you to begin with?" Evelyn asked him.

"Because you know that in your heart, what I'm gonna ask of you is the right thing. See, my son hates me, despises everything I am." Lewis said, and Evelyn could have sworn she saw a small trace of hurt in his eyes, but that still wasn't enough for her to pity him if that's what he was going for.

"Can you blame him? If there was an award for worse father, you would take the prize. I mean, it'll be hard choosing between you and Odin, but since Odin is a character from a comic book that leaves you as the final choice." Evelyn said with a sarcastic smirk, but Lewis ignored her comment all together.

"Alright, how about we cut to the chase?" Lewis replied coldly. He lost all the warmth in his voice. He straightened his posture. His hands were now shoved into his pants pockets. His lips formed into a tight line. Evelyn raised her brows at his sudden change of tone and demeanor. "I need you to convince my son that working with me is what's best, because it is for everyone."

"And if I don't?" She challenged him.

"You will, because you know deep down it's what best for everybody." He reached inside his pockets, and Evelyn quickly grabbed the knife she had placed down on the counter beside her phone. Lewis smirked to himself then pulled out the keys to his car. Evelyn relaxed a bit, but she was still wary of him. He could switch up on a dime.

Evelyn carefully watched his every move. Her sight never left his retreating figure as he made his way toward the door. "I'll be seeing you soon, Evelyn. And I really do hope that it's under good circumstances." His last words before he shut the door behind him was clearly his way of threatening her. He was indeed demanding this of her, despite his claims that he was asking for a simple favor.

Evelyn looked from the door to the phone that was still facing downward. She picked it up to find that Leonard had hung up two minutes ago. A bit of solace ran through her at the fact that Leonard had clearly been listening to the conversation she had with his father. She locked her phone and walked cautiously to the door. She quickly locked it then rested her back against the wooden door with closed eyes. The brunette decided it was best for her to check the rest of her apartment for anything out of the ordinary.

Evelyn took slow steps further down the dark hallway with her knife still in hand. The only light in the apartment came from the lamp that rest on an end table beside her recliner (that she had been thinking about tossing now that it was touched by Lewis Snart). Evelyn slowly opened the door to her bedroom. She entered the room cautiously as she eyed every little detail for anything unusual.

Her breath caught in her throat at the sudden sound of footsteps in the distance. She turned around to face the open door and found a shadow at the end of the hall. She gripped the knife tightly as the footsteps had gotten louder. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Her eyes quickly shot open and with all her courage she brought her knife down to stab whichever of Lewis's men had broken into her home.

"Watch it!" Leonard snarled as he quickly grabbed ahold of Evelyn's wrist that was holding the knife. Evelyn's eyes widened at the sight of Leonard standing in the doorway wearing his usual leather jacket. "I mean, I knew you hated me, but damn I didn't think you hated me that much." He added with his cocky smirk.

Evelyn snatched her hand out of his grip. She tossed the knife onto the floor then threw her arms around Leonard's neck. Leonard tensed up momentarily. He was completely taken off guard by the sudden hug, but after a couple of seconds he relaxed and hugged her back. She allowed herself to release the tears she tried to withhold earlier because she knew she was safe with him. She didn't care if he saw her cry. Leonard's hold on her tightened a bit when he felt her shake and heard her soft sobs. He ran his hand through her hair in an attempt to soothe her.

"It's okay. You're safe. I'm not gonna let anything happen to you." He whispered to the girl who happened to steal his heart without his knowledge. But hey, he always knew she had it in her to be one hell of a thief.

"Lewis will regret trying to use you to get to me. I promise you. Even if it means I have to kill him myself."

A/N:

Idk how I feel about this again y'all 😫😂

Until next time babes!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 2.5K 62
The future said it, it was their destiny. But the future can be wrong sometimes. First snowbarry fanfic. Don't own characters or pictures. Mostly un...
671K 13.3K 157
[unedited/discontinued] I thought the unimaginable only existed in fairy tales, and stupid redundant television shows. I never knew how wrong I was.
291K 10.7K 99
Getting kidnapped by a lunatic saying he's a time traveler isn't always fun. Especially when he kidnaps your ex...ex crime partner that is...nothing...
3.1K 67 29
𝒐𝒐𝒐 | 𝐂𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐀𝐒𝐈𝐀𝐍 ( Captain Canary ) ( Sara Lance x Leonard Snart) ( published - March 10th 2021 ) ( complete...