๐–๐‡๐„๐ ๐‡๐„๐‹๐‹ ๐…๐‘๐„๐„๐™๏ฟฝ...

By scarletmischief

"The day I ever go back to you and your posse of misfits will be the day hell freezers over." "Haven't you he... More

๐–๐‡๐„๐ ๐‡๐„๐‹๐‹ ๐…๐‘๐„๐„๐™๐„๐’ ๐Ž๐•๐„๐‘
๐๐‘๐Ž๐‹๐Ž๐†๐”๐„
๐Ž๐๐„
๐“๐–๐Ž
๐“๐‡๐‘๐„๐„
๐…๐Ž๐”๐‘
๐…๐ˆ๐•๐„
๐’๐ˆ๐—
๐’๐„๐•๐„๐
๐„๐ˆ๐†๐‡๐“
๐๐ˆ๐๐„
๐“๐„๐
๐„๐‹๐„๐•๐„๐
๐“๐–๐„๐‹๐•๐„
๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐‘๐“๐„๐„๐
๐…๐Ž๐”๐‘๐“๐„๐„๐
๐…๐ˆ๐…๐“๐„๐„๐
๐’๐ˆ๐—๐“๐„๐„๐
๐’๐„๐•๐„๐๐“๐„๐„๐
๐„๐ˆ๐†๐‡๐“๐„๐„๐
๐๐ˆ๐๐„๐“๐„๐„๐
๐“๐–๐„๐๐“๐˜
๐“๐–๐„๐๐“๐˜ ๐“๐–๐Ž
๐“๐–๐„๐๐“๐˜ ๐“๐‡๐‘๐„๐„
๐“๐–๐„๐๐“๐˜ ๐…๐Ž๐”๐‘
๐“๐–๐„๐๐“๐˜ ๐…๐ˆ๐•๐„
๐“๐–๐„๐๐“๐˜ ๐’๐ˆ๐—
๐“๐–๐„๐๐“๐˜ ๐’๐„๐•๐„๐
๐“๐–๐„๐๐“๐˜ ๐„๐ˆ๐†๐‡๐“
๐“๐–๐„๐๐“๐˜ ๐๐ˆ๐๐„
๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐‘๐“๐˜
๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐‘๐“๐˜ ๐Ž๐๐„
๐„๐๐ˆ๐‹๐Ž๐†๐”๐„: ๐Ž๐๐„
๐„๐๐ˆ๐‹๐Ž๐†๐”๐„: ๐“๐–๐Ž
๐€๐”๐“๐‡๐Ž๐‘๐’ ๐๐Ž๐“๐„
๐’๐„๐๐”๐„๐‹ ๐๐‘๐„๐•๐ˆ๐„๐–
๐๐Ž๐๐”๐’ ๐‚๐‡๐€๐๐“๐„๐‘๐’
๐Ž๐๐„
๐“๐–๐Ž
๐“๐‡๐‘๐„๐„
๐…๐Ž๐”๐‘

๐“๐–๐„๐๐“๐˜ ๐Ž๐๐„

1.1K 61 45
By scarletmischief

━━━━━━━★☾★☾★☾━━━━━━━

CENTRAL CITY looked calmer from outside the city. Evelyn sat on the windowsill of Lisa's house, a thin white blanket wrapped around her as she stared mindlessly at the skyscrapers in the distance. Her hands tugged the blanket tighter as the cold air seeped through the closed window. The television was left on the news from the night before, but she didn't pay it any mind. It was merely background noise to her.

"Not that I don't like your presence lingering around, but when are you going home?" Leonard asked her as he waltzed into the guest bedroom. She looked up at him then to his hand that held a coffee mug that was obviously for her. After all, this had been their daily routine for the past three days.

"Trying to get rid of me already?" Evelyn joked as she took the mug from his grip. Her fingers brushed his hand purposely. She didn't know why, but she had been a lot braver with her actions lately.

Leonard smirked at her then sat down in front of her on the edge of the bed. "I tried that once before and yet here you are now. I think we both know that no matter what I do you're still gonna be around. I guess it's the universes way of saying that you're meant to be in my life for whatever reason." He said and she smiled.

"Since when does Leonard Snart believe in destiny or outside forces?" She teased him lightly, but she was still just as curious. He never once believed in the impossible or the idea of fate.

"As much as I hate to say it, but The Flash." He said with an eye roll, and Evelyn laughed. "If something like him is possible then why not fate?"

"Do you really believe that?" Evelyn asked curiously.

Leonard smirked. "Hell no." Evelyn rolled her eyes with a slight smile. She should've known it was too good to be true.

This comfortable silence then took over them. She really needed it. For the past couple of days she couldn't sleep or even think. She had a lot on her mind with everything that had happened since Barry woke up from his coma. She had to deal with her job and school. The constant reminder that her best friend could be killed by this heartless evil speedster who was very much faster than him. And on top of all that, she was hiding her secret run-ins with Leonard from her friends and Joe. It was all too much. Her thoughts couldn't be silenced, and they all kept screaming at her to the point where she couldn't even get a moment of peace. And now with him here, it was almost as if she could finally breath. All her thoughts, doubts, and fears had vanished for the time being.

"Hey, uh, do you remember much of that night?" Leonard asked her randomly. He had been wondering for the past three days now if she remembered anything from her drunken state. And by 'anything', he meant her sudden breakdown about the day they parted ways.

Evelyn sat up straight at abrupt question. "No...not really." She lied, of course. She remembered everything. She was still embarrassed over how she had cried to him about the past. "Is there something I should know or remember?" Evelyn asked him slowly. What she really wanted to know was if she read his signals correctly. Did he want to kiss her that night, or had she imagined it all in her drunken state?

"No." He said, and her face fell a bit. "Nothing interesting happened. You barely made sense anyway. I don't even think you knew what you were saying or meant." He was without a doubt lying to her face. Can she say she is surprised or hurt? No, this was well expected of him. But why he felt the need to lie is what Evelyn wanted to know.

"I think it's time for you to head back home." He then told her, and she nodded. She couldn't really argue or put up a fight since it was the truth. After that night at the bar, she called off work. She claimed she was sick. In reality, she didn't want to go back just yet. But she's overstayed her welcome, and she couldn't hide from her problems forever. It's time she head back to the real world.

"It's not like I want you to leave. It's just- it's been three days. People are gonna start worrying about you. And if you keep ignoring their calls, eventually they're gonna show up at your apartment to find it empty. Untouched, actually, then they'll start searching for you, which is unnecessary." Leonard explained. He didn't have too, at least that's what Evelyn thought. But Leonard didn't want her to think that he wanted her gone. Not after watching her cry to him about how he abandoned her. And the worse part was that he couldn't heal her pain. No words could fix what he had done or what she felt, because it was the absolute truth. He did abandoned her. He stayed up all night that night trying to figure out why, but he couldn't find an answer.

Evelyn put her coffee mug down on the bedside table. Her hand laced with his. "I get it. I understand. I can't outrun my problems." Leonard's thumb caressed the skin of her hand before he gave her hand a soft squeeze.

"I'm gonna head out. Okay?" She told him as she slipped her hand out of his, and stood to her feet. He simply nodded as he joined her side. He watched her as she rid herself of the blanket, and grabbed her coat that was hanging on the door knob of the closet.

"Central City is in complete panic." Said the blonde news anchor. The fear in her voice was enough to steal Evelyn and Leonard's attention. "Citizens of Central City prepare for the worse as a tidal wave randomly appeared, ready to engulf us all." Evelyn gasped as she saw the broadcast of the live event. A red streak running in circles, in attempt to stop the wave from destroying the city and killing everyone in it.

"I have to go now." Evelyn said quickly as she rushed to the door. Leonard grabbed her arm tightly preventing her from moving out the door.

"Where do you think you're going?" Leonard asked her. He eyed the brunette as if she was crazy. And in this moment, she was.

"To the city." She answered like it was obvious. Her friends, no, her family were there, and their lives were hanging in the balance. And although there was really nothing she could do, she still wanted to try. It was better than staying there feeling absolutely useless.

"And do what? Drown?" Leonard said sarcastically with an eye roll.

"I don't know. Okay? But I have to do something." She told him, her voice shaky. "I could go to S. T. A. R. Labs and see if they know anyway to save people. Or I can help the CCPD with the evacuation..."

"Or you can stay here where I know you're safe." Leonard replied; however, that was his way of demanding her to stay put. He wanted her here with him where he didn't have to worry about her dying.

"I can't just stay here." She gaped.

"Sure you can." Leonard said nonchalantly. "It's easy. Just sit back down and don't get up."

"You don't understand. Once you work for law enforcement whether it's a detective, police officer, or even a forensic scientist, you agree to put your life on the line to help save others. I can't just sit here knowing I can save people. I can save my friends. Somehow."

He didn't answer her, because he didn't know what to say. She took his silence as an unspoken agreement, but to him what she wanted to do was dangerous and reckless. He slammed his hand on the door shutting it the moment she opened it. "What the hell?!"

"You're not leaving this house until it's all over. Do you understand? 'Cause if I let you walk out this door, and you die." Leonard paused momentarily. Evelyn saw the way his eyes had softened. "I won't be able to live with myself knowing I let you get yourself killed."

"Believe it or not, I need you..." He admitted not only to her but to himself. And maybe that was the reason he let her go years ago. He was scared of this feeling. He was scared to lose her. He was scared to ruin her, just like he ruined everything good that he touched. However, in this moments, this fear just didn't matter so much to him.

Evelyn smiled at his confession. Her hands slowly trailed up from his chest to his face. Her thumbs caressed his cheeks. And finding the confidence she once had back in the day, she pressed her lips to his. Leonard's hands gripped her hips as he pulled her closer. He knew he shouldn't have let this happened. His brain warned him, yelled at him, not to get attached. Not to drag her down with him. But for once in his life he decided not to listen to his head. Instead, he kissed her like it wouldn't matter tomorrow.

And once Barry attempted to prevent the tidal wave from destroying the city, this very moment wouldn't matter tomorrow.

A/N:

This is trash.

I'm trash.

Bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 187 27
My name is Sara Lance. After helping to reboot the universe, I found myself thrust into a strange new world and like before, I've been many different...
311K 13.1K 56
we fall in love till it hurts or bleeds or fades in time. [ barry allen x original character ] [ book one in the red series ] [ the flash season one...
3.2K 67 29
๐’๐’๐’ | ๐‚๐‘๐Ž๐Ž๐Š ๐€๐๐ƒ ๐€๐’๐’๐€๐’๐ˆ๐€๐ ( Captain Canary ) ( Sara Lance x Leonard Snart) ( published - March 10th 2021 ) ( complete...
38.7K 879 31
Pretty self explanatory I think. Lot's of hurt Barry! Barry whumps! yay! Started a bit late, but here we gooo!