𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐅𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐙�...

By scarletmischief

"The day I ever go back to you and your posse of misfits will be the day hell freezers over." "Haven't you he... More

𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐅𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐙𝐄𝐒 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑
𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝐓𝐖𝐎
𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑
𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄
𝐒𝐈𝐗
𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄
𝐓𝐄𝐍
𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄: 𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄: 𝐓𝐖𝐎
𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄
𝐒𝐄𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐄𝐖
𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐔𝐒 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒
𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝐓𝐖𝐎
𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

1.1K 53 13
By scarletmischief

━━━━━━━★☾★☾★☾━━━━━━━

THE TEAMS PLAN HAD FAILED. Joe and the other officers were completely taken off guard the moment they were introduced to Snart's fiery partner, Mick. Cisco's shields had done their job when it came to Snart's cold gun, but it was in no way built to withstand the inferno from Mick's gun. They had no choice but to retreat leaving S. T. A. R. Labs to try and find another solution.

"When the heat gun was fired, it increased the surrounding temperature of the air drastically." Cisco informed the gang minus Caitlin who oddly never came in today. They huddled around the monitor that displayed a digital blueprint of the heat gun.

"Sort of like an extreme heatwave." Evelyn thought aloud as she came to understand what Cisco was talking about.

Cisco smiled at her. "Heatwave." He repeated as he tapped Evelyn's arm. "Genius." Evelyn laughed at his interest in giving criminals nicknames. She couldn't help but wonder what her alias would've been if she still worked for Snart.

"Stop doing that." Said Wells.

"I measured the temperature output of both the cold and heat guns. And while the cold gun achieves absolute zero, the heat gun successfully reaches absolute hot, or the hottest temperature an object can reach." Cisco explained.

"Planck temperature." Barry replied.

"So potentially, these two guns cancel each other out." Said Wells.

"Yeah, but to do that, you'd have to make them cross streams." Cisco told them the slight difficult part of the solution.

"You mean like in ghostbusters?" Barry asked fighting a smile.

"That film is surprisingly scientifically accurate." Cisco answered. Evelyn and Barry chuckled amongst themselves before Barry's phone vibrated in his pocket.

"Hey, Joe. What's up?" And the smile from Barry's face vanished.

━━━━━━━★☾★☾★☾━━━━━━━

Evelyn caught up with Joe and Barry back at CCPD. They filled her in on the fact that Leonard had managed to kidnap Caitlin. To say Evelyn was pissed would be an understatement. She was fuming. Caitlin was a pure soul who shouldn't have been brought into the middle of whatever war Snart had planned for The Flash.

"Joe!" Eddie yelled as he hurried down the stairs to catch up with trio. "We got a hit. A second pair of prints. They belong to a Mick Rory." He informed them.

"Who's he?" Barry asked as they all glanced at the file that is now in Joe's hand. He would have asked Evelyn, but he didn't want to out her past to anyone. Now, if it was just the three of them that would be a different story.

"He's a big time arsonist. He and Snart worked a job last year that went bad. Half of Rory's body was burned in a fire that got out of control. He escaped from the ambulance on the way to the hospital, hasn't been seen since. Why would they kidnap someone like Caitlin?"

"Joe! Thawne! It's on every station." Captain Singh said as he stepped out of his office. Singh turned on the television in the precinct.

On the television was Leonard and Mick standing between a tied up and struggling Caitlin Snow. "Greetings citizens of Central City. I am Leonard Snart, but you can call me Cold. I'm gonna make this very simple for everyone. That red streak you've been whispering about, the one mysteriously saving people these past few months? Well, surprise, he's real. He calls himself The Flash." Evelyn and Barry glance at one another with the same thing in mind. "Porter and Main, tonight, sundown. Come out, come out, wherever you are Flash. Show the whole world your real. Or this woman dies."

"No, don't come for me! Stay away!" Caitlin shouted right before the transmission was cut off.

━━━━━━━★☾★☾★☾━━━━━━━

Evelyn and Iris ran through crowd and toward the officers. Evelyn came to a stop when she saw the Flash standing in the middle of the street. Barry had finally showed the world that he existed. Although she already knew of him, she was still as shocked as everyone around her. This changed everything, and maybe that's what Snart wanted after all.

"The Scarlet Speedster. Any preference on how you'd like to die? The flame or the frost?" Snart asked Barry sarcastically as he and Mick strolled toward him gun in hand. "Not in the mood for chitchat? Gotcha." He added when Barry refused to utter a word.

"Ready when you are." He told him menacingly as he powered up his cold gun. Mick followed his lead.

Barry bolted past the two, and the criminals shot their weapons missing him at first. Mick then covered Snart as his partner covered the sidewalk in ice hitting the fire hydrant. The water exploded then froze only for Barry to run right into and straight into the side of a car. Barry, still in an tremendous amount of pain, fled from the car and out of the way before Mick blew it up. But he speed was not enough to stop him from getting hit with Snart's cold gun.

"Come on, Barry." Evelyn whispered quietly. "Get them to cross streams. You can do this."

Barry lied on the floor. He struggled to push himself up when the two criminals stood before him. Their guns were aimed and ready. Evelyn sucked in a breath as her hands trembled at her side. She was afraid that this would be the last time she'd ever see Barry again. But when all hope seemed lost, Eddie jumped in and covered Barry and himself with Cisco's handmade shield. Barry then managed to get himself up, and ran Eddie out of harms way.

"I cannot get them to cross streams." Barry spoke to wells through his ear piece. "Speed isn't getting it done."

"You're right. Maybe the way to do this is not by going faster." Wells told him.

"It's by going slower." Barry said as he finally connected the dots. "Okay." He breathed. His eyes fixated on Snart.

"Thanks for playing kid." Snart said then Barry charged toward the duo. The criminals fired their guns on the speedster successfully hitting their target. Evelyn gasped as she watched Barry shout in pain.

"What the hell are you doing?" Evelyn whispered to herself as Barry stood still as if he was willingly taking the blow. But then it all soon made sense when he suddenly bolted, and finally the criminals guns crossed streams canceling one another out. The duo flew back in opposite directions and landed straight onto their backs.

Snart started to crawl toward his gun in a last minute attempt to try and regain the upper hand. But the fight was over, when Barry placed his foot right on top of the cold gun. Leonard laughed as Barry towered over him. "I didn't see that coming. I guess you win this time."

"There won't be a next time." Barry told him confidently. He then to turned to Eddie who now stood beside him with his gun trained on Snart. "Thank you, Detective."

━━━━━━━★☾★☾★☾━━━━━━━

Evelyn stood alongside Barry and Joe inside the precinct. Every police officer clapped as they dragged the two criminals inside and to justice.

Mick screamed as he was brought in first with Leonard falling shortly behind. Mick was being dragged by two officers since one wasn't enough to hold him. "I'm gonna burn every last one of you!

"Get your hands off me!" Mick shouted as he shoved one of the police officers that held him into the wall. It took three more cops, and Joe's gun aimed at the arsonist just to contain him. He growled at Evelyn as he passed her.

The officers that dragged Snart approached them. Evelyn stood up straight. Her nerves ate at her. She felt Barry grab her hand, and she sent him a smile. Leonard glanced around the room studying his surroundings. It was a habit he couldn't break not that he wanted to anyway. His empty eyes landed on Evelyn before his gaze shifted toward her hand that was intertwined with Barry's.

"Your partners a real hothead." Joe told Snart.

"That's funny." Snart said sarcastically. His voice was monotone as he refused to make eye contact.

"You know what's hilarious Snart? We got you." Said Joe victoriously.

Snart then looked straight into Joe eyes. "Congratulations." He replied.

"Get him out of here." Joe told the officers once he decided he was done with Snart. Snart glared at Barry before sneaking another glance at Evelyn. His eyes trailed from her face to the necklace she was wearing. The necklace from the jewelry store on Christmas. Regardless of the nameless card she knew he had stole it for her, and the smirk that came over his lips at the sight of it only proved her right. Well, there's that, and the wink he discretely sent her way. Evelyn quickly looked away which only fueled his amusement.

Barry squeezed Evelyn's hand and sent her a warm smile before slipping out of her grasp. He made sure she was okay then left to find Eddie. He wanted to thank him for today. Evelyn watched them silently. Her heart warmed a bit when she overheard Eddie, being as modest as he was, say that Barry was the real hero. However, that feeling didn't last as long as she'd like when she received a text from an old friend.

We need to talk. Meet me at this address in an hour. Come alone.

- Lisa S.

A/N:

Last update for today.
I'll try an update tomorrow.
Sorry that this update was shit haha.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 2.5K 62
The future said it, it was their destiny. But the future can be wrong sometimes. First snowbarry fanfic. Don't own characters or pictures. Mostly un...
6K 281 24
Disclaimer: I don't own the show or pics or music.
3.7K 187 27
My name is Sara Lance. After helping to reboot the universe, I found myself thrust into a strange new world and like before, I've been many different...
22.6K 476 19
(This takes place right after the defeat of Devoe before everyone meets Nora and she reveals her identity (End of Season 4)) They finally did it. Th...