RAGE IN ROYALTY (BOOK 2 OF GU...

By Mikateko_Ngobeni

Royal rivalry More

Prologue
Episode 01
Episode 03
Episode 04
Episode 05
Episode 06
Episode 07
Episode 08
Episode 09
Episode 10
Episode 11
Episode 12
Episode 13
Episode 14
Episode 15
Episode 16
Episode 17
Episode 18
Episode 19
Episode 20
Episode 21
Episode 22
Episode 23
Episode 24
Episode 25
Episode 26
Episode 27
Episode 28
Episode 29
Episode 30
Episode 31
Episode 32
Episode 33
Episode 34
Episode 35
Episode 36
Episode 37
Episode 38
Episode 39
Episode 40
Episode 41
Episode 42
Insert 43
Episode 44
Episode 45
Episode 46
Episode 47
Episode 48
Episode 49
Episode 50
Episode 51
Episode 52
Episode 53
Episode 54
Episode 55
Episode 56
Episode 57
Episode 58
Episode 59
Episode 60
Episode 61
Episode 62
Episode 63
Episode 64
Episode 65
Episode 66
Episode 67
Episode 68
Episode 69
Episode 70
Episode 71
Episode 72
Episode 73
Episode 74
Episode 75
Episode 76
Episode 77
Episode 78
Episode 79
Episode 80(Part I)
Episode 80(Part II)

Episode 02

7.7K 225 15
By Mikateko_Ngobeni

The royal house had quietened down a couple days after the funeral. A family meeting was requested by the elders for reasons known to them. When they first arrived in the house, Betso, Thando and Enhle were lounging in the TV room indolent with Thando still in her pyjamas. A luxury only she can afford amongst them three since she was under no expectation to keep up a certain impressive image. She ran up the stairs to go call her mother and brothers, following the order of bab'Mkhul'Sizwe, her fathers youngest uncle.

Betso and Enhle straightened out their legs anxiously as they both still find this man with an intimidating statue uncomfortable to be around. He threw sharp one look towards the couch they were both seated and only then did they bump heads asking to be excused. According to bab'Sizwe, this is the very first thing they should've done at the sight of him. When everyone came down and greeted, only then did he take his seat. He then cleared his throat and put his hat on his knee.

"Nje ngoba sonke siyazi ukuthi isikhothamile indlalifa ka mfowethu, kufanele manje silungiselele inkosi yethu entsha, uManqoba,Nathisiyabusa...Khumalo. Akekho ongalazi loludaba. Manje ke..."(As we all know about the passing of the heir to my brother's throne, it's necessary now that we start preparing for the inauguration of our new chief,Manqoba Nathisiyabusa Khumalo. We've all been expecting this. So now...", an unsolicited entrance disrupted Sizwe from consummating his briefing. Evelyn irritably placed her palm on her face and looked away.
"Aningi ndlulise la, yifamily meeting enjan le la kushorta khona amalunga amanye womndeni?"(What kind of a family meeting is this that's held in the absentia of other family members?)

That would be Mbhekiseni Khumalo, the half-brother to the fallen chief.
"You're interrupting a very important meeting Mbhekisen", Evelyn reprimands from where she is seated.
"Mbhekiseni", Bab'Sizwe calmly calls out.
"Yebo bab'mncan"
"Wa nyamalala kangaka. Ubuyaphi?"(What yanked you out of your disappearance?)
"I'd also like to know", Evelyn adds to Sizwe's question. Mbhekiseni shot a slicing brief look at her.
"Where I've been has nothing to do with you,ice queen. You shouldn't even sitting in on this. Go make us tea like the good makoti you should be",Mbhekiseni vomits out these words with zero uncertainty. Evelyn scoffs and Sizwe reprimands him to guard his mouth. Mbhekiseni, disregarding every presence in the room, takes out a small bottle of whiskey from the pocket of his grey blazer.

"Ku ngan ungazanga uzongcwaba umfowenu?"(Why didn't you come for your brother's burial?)
"Ey bengimatasa man nibongixolela"(I was busy please forgive me), he airily says and takes another sip of his intoxicating beverage.
"Kodwa ukwazile ukuveza ubuso kulo mhlangano ongak'funi ngalutho?"(But you managed to arrive to this meeting that has nothing to do with you), Sizwe shoots out. Muzi and Manqoba were both too tired and hungover to argue, or even comment on anything. They went overboard last night with the indoor drinking.
"Angisayizwa kahle manje. UBab'mncan ukhuluma ngani ngoba yimina ofanele yile shlalo futhi ashade nalo ice queen"(I don't understand how this has nothing to do with me when I'm the one who's supposed to sit on this throne and also marry this ice queen), Mbhekiseni states his perspective. Everyone laughs. The laughter emanates from two possibilities--That he's either joking or that the alcohol got the better of important parts of his brain.
"I'm not joking", he says to Evelyn. The smile on her face abruptly disappears.
"Your blood is diluted and you have the audacity to think you can marry me? Or even become a chief for that matter?", Evelyn blurts out and he stands to charge at her. Muzi was already shielding his mother before Mbhekiseni could get to her.
"My husband was a 100 times more of a man than you could ever be. I don't appreciate you disrespecting him in this manner!", an emotional Evelyn insists on ripping her chest apart, regardless of how volatile Mbhekiseni is known to be.
"Makoti nawe musa!"(Stop talking!), Sizwe directs this to Evelyn. Muzi was holding tighly to Mbhekiseni's wrists with no effort at all.
"U lwa nami heh mfana?"(Are you fighting with me boy?), Mbhekiseni threatened through gritted teeth. Manqoba stood up and left.

...

"This life ain't it bro I miss Joburg", Mxo complains to Melokuhle who was drowning in his own thoughts. With his back lazily sinking into the couch, in his room.
"Are you listening to me man?!", he hits him on the knee for attention.
"Hm?!", he quickly snapped out of it.
"I SAID... I am going insane. I miss Joburg", he says and dramatically pulls down his cheeks. Melo laughs.
"Ave une drama. What's in Joburg that you can't find here? I live here every single day and I'm never bored", Melo defends.
"Ey I ain't you bro you vibe to anything", Mxo's annoyed self continues to vent. Melo continues to laugh.
"Also, why would you choose KZN over JHB?"
"I dunno. There's peace here I guess", Melo explains.
"Really? So it has nothing to do with living with my mom and shii?"
"Naahh. Your moms and I are cool", Melo corrects.
"Rea-LLY?"
"Yeah. I ain't picking sides"
"Neither am I"
"Anyway, what's up with Lwandile these days?", Melokuhle asks with a confused frown on his face.
"What do you mean?"
"I don't know. He's pulling back from everyone. Man we used to video call at least twice a week. Not anymore. I've only ever spoken to him once or twice since yall got here"
"I don't know what you're on about. Anyway, where are all the huns hiding at because ngibathe ngiyabheka nix!", Mxo says with eagerness and Melo shakes his head, stands up and laughs. Mxo follows out.
"Are you even hitting any?", he continues to be a pest as they walk downstairs.
"Awungiyeka"(Leave me alone), Melo says and walks into the man cave.
"You heard what dad and MQ said about this place yesterday",Mxo reminds.
"This is where they keep all the good stuff", Melo excitedly says and walks behind the bar.
"Come on man you'll get us in trouble again"
"Will you relax?"
"Look, old man is chilled but there's buttons I'm not going to willingly press. If they catch you in here, you're on your own", Mxo says,raises his hand in surrender and walks out in reverse.
"Okay okay. Sissy", Melo says and follows him out.

...

Muzi walked the yard trying to get some of the freshest air that he so much and particularly loved being home for. His phone rang and he thought twice about answering it. He felt no desire to be discussing anything that had to do with work at that moment. The company could collapse at that moment and he'd certainly opt to see to it later.
"Bongiwe", he finally answered.
"Mr K Hi. I know you said no interruptions whatsoever but CleanIt is threatening to take us to court", she was panicked. Muzi exhaled.
"There was a slight mistake with the slogan..."
"Whatever it is, please fix it and make sure the company name stays out of it. When you approached me asking that I give you office space, you were professional. Everything about your proposal was impressive. That's why I even bought in and agreed we partner up. I deal with construction. I know nothing about advertising. Clean this mess", he sharply commanded and Bongiwe immediately said "Yessir". He switched off the phone and placed it in his pocket when he felt the stress was piling up.

Betso was in the kitchen preparing dinner for the family after stressful afternoon. She could cringe at the thought of the part 2 that is to take place the following day. Just like the kids, she was also desperate to go back to her own house. The school had been notified about the expected absence of the twins and there was an agreement for them to submit back all the work that got sent to them via email so they don't get left behind. Ava now lives overseas and having all the kids there except her broke her heart. She gave a flimsy excuse about not being able to get away from work to attend the funeral. She doesn't come home much. Even when she is home, when her maternal grandmother speaks anything of visiting her mother in prison she always finds an excuse not to.
"Pass me that strainer and get off from there!", she said to Mxo and took the rice off the stove. Mxo got off the counter and handed her the strainer.
"Where's your brother?", she asked.
"Which one? My brother-brother or my brother?", he teased and he laughed, hitting him with a dishcloth.
"Lwandile man"
"He's napping", he said and picked up a peeled carrot from one of the bowls.
"This is why I don't want you in the kitchen when I'm cooking. O shortisa di ingredients Kopano man", she scolded impatiently and he laughed. His laughter began fading when he had a sweet voice knocking from the front door.
"Sanibonani", the young lady said.
"Yebo sawubona", Betso politely greeted back while straining the rice into the sink.
"Uma uthi ngimbongele kuwe for idoek"(My mom says I should thank you on her behalf for the headwrap), she said and extended her hand to Betso so she takes it. Betso signaled to Mxo that he takes it. His ears were evidently blocked.
"Zinjan iynwele?"(How's her hair?), Betso asked and sprinkled Mxo with some of the cold water off her fingers so he springs out of his daydreaming. He snapped out of it and realised what was being requested of him and took the doek. The corners of his lips were twitching from trying to conceal a smile. The girl shyly dropped her eyes to the floor and said "Ugundile"(She shaved them off). A brief laugh slipped from Betso's lips when she remembered the disastrous incident where the lady in question's silk doek caught fire when she was busy gossiping at a funeral.
"Shame man. Thanks for bringing it sweety",Betso said and the girl said "Nisaleni kahle", with her one hand holding the other.
"Vala lo mlomo before you swallow a fly!", Betso said and checked on her steaming stew. Mxo laughed and attempted to walk out.
"Manje uyaphi weMbulazi?"(Where are you now going?)
He stood at the door in a daze with his hand scratching the back of his head.
"Ngisayobheka iynkomo nobaba ngale sbayeni"(I'm going to check on the cows with dad by the kraal), he blatantly lied and punctuated his failed deceit with a laugh he couldn't stop.
"Iynkomo ne?"(Cows hey?), Betso said and laced her sentence with sarcastic tone.
"Yebo mama"
"Did you sort your laundry just like I asked you to?", she asked and brought her hand to her lips so she tastes the stew on her palm.
"But ma. There's helps for that"
"Did you or did you not?"
"Not", he lowly confessed and sulked his way upstairs.

UNEDITED.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

184 22 24
can't wait for the adventures of these two!
533 10 6
True tales of Friendship ,Rivalry,Romance and Disturbingly close quarter
163 29 6
Princess Alenna and Prince Jo'omaya aren't meant to be, but try telling their stubborn hearts that. The two are drawn to each other like a moth to a...