The Slytherin Prince

By SlytherinPotterBlack

Harry Potter Badass/Slytherin AU What if Harry Potter had grown up differently at the Dursley's. What if he w... More

⁰⁰| Prologue
⁰²| Letter that Changed the World
⁰³| Goblins of Gringotts Wizard Bank
⁰⁴| Realising the truth of the World
⁰⁵| Family Reunion {Part 1}
⁰⁶| Family Reunion {Part 2}
⁰⁷| Family Reunion {Part 3}
⁰⁸| Moving in with Family {Part 1}
⁰⁹| Moving in with Family {Part 2}
¹⁰| We Have Questions
¹¹| A New Wand {Part 1}
¹²| A New Wand {Part 2}
¹³| Shopping Spree {Part 1}
¹⁴| Shopping Spree {Part 2}
¹⁵| A New Wand {Part 3}
¹⁶| Shopping Spree {Part 3}
¹⁷| Memories
¹⁸| Questions Answered {Part 1}
¹⁹| Questions Answered {Part 2}
²⁰| Questions Answered {Part 3}
²¹| I'm a Businessman.... no, Boy - I'm a Businessboy!
²²| Master of Death
²³| Lord of House Peverell
²⁴| Lord of Too Many Houses
²⁵| Meeting My Grandma
²⁶| My Castle
²⁷| Boyfriend to Lover in a Day
²⁸| A True Lord {Part 1}
²⁹| A True Lord {Part2}
³⁰| Settling In and Investments
³¹| First Impression
³²| Visiting Azkaban {Part 1}
³³| Visiting Azkaban {Part 2}
³⁴| The Beetle {Part 1}
³⁵| The Beetle {Part 2}
³⁶| Anticipation and Training
³⁷| Preparing for The Wizengamot {Part 1}
³⁸ |Preparing for The Wizengamot {Part 2}
³⁹| The Day of The Wizengamot {Part 1}
⁴⁰| The Day of The Wizengamot {Part 2}
⁴¹| The Council {Part 1}
⁴²| The Council {Part 2}
⁴³| The Council {Part 3}
⁴⁴| The Minister {Part 1}

⁰¹| A Different Boy-Who-Lived

38.1K 938 468
By SlytherinPotterBlack

____________________________________

The Slytherin Prince

____________________________________

"Thoughts"

Letter

^Parseltongue^

*** Third Person's POV ***

Everyone knew the Dursleys. The epitome of 'normal' and whats 'good'. But, little do the people know that the Dursleys of No. 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey had a skeleton.. no, a graveyard full of skeletons, in their luxury walk-in closet. They didn't tell their normal neighbours, that No. 4 Privet Drive was the home of a freak.

~~~ October 30, 1981 ~~~

*** Third Person's POV ***

Vernon Dursley prided himself on being a normal man. With a normal job, a normal wife and a normal son. Dudley Dursley also known as Ickle Duddikins, is his pride and joy. He would one day attend the same school that he had gone to in his younger years - Smeltings' Private Boarding School, caveat Smeltonia, which would be the proudest moment of his life.

But little did he know that his normal life wasn't going to be anywhere near normal anymore.

His normal wife's freakish nephew was going to show up on his very doorstep the next day and his life is going to go from peaceful bliss to horrific hell in a matter of hours.

~~~ October 31, 1981 ~~~~

*** Petunia's POV ***

'It was Halloween!', was the first thought that ran through my mind on that special day. My Dudders' first Halloween where he can enjoy it. I was so excited. Then came the somewhat groundless fear. It is my families' bad luck, where something horrible always seems to happen every Halloween. I just hoped nothing will happen this time around.

Oh, how wrong I was!

I got myself out of bed at exactly six in the morning, like every day and started cooking Vernon's favourite meal. Fried eggs, sausages, some bacon with a side of orange juice. Vernon is not someone who can be called interesting. He does this boring job at some drill making company, but he earns quite well enough. But me on the other hand, completely different. I have a lot of secrets, well, now they are mine and Vernon's secrets as I told him everything before our engagement.

My sister was magical. Vernon says she is a freak, but I can't do anything about it. I still love her, she is my sister after all. But I still have a secret I keep from my 'normal' husband. He thinks that I'm normal too. But I'm not, I'm what those people call a squib, I'm magical but can't use magic.

From the second Vernon heard about those people he hated them instantly. Called them freaks, and instantly did everything he could to avoid them and insulted them every chance he got. He expected me to be that way too, so I did. I too acted hateful towards my kind and even avoided my sister.

I didn't go to her wedding, nor did I invite her to mine.

But I did it because I loved him, and he, me. So I listened and acted how he wanted me to act and he believed it, and I'll have to try changing him soon. I miss my sister terribly, since the day we started to drift apart all those years ago. Only one man is the reason for all that and it's not Vernon.

Albus Dumbledore

The reason I got separated from my sister, the reason we drifted apart, that old coot. The reason my son is not growing up with his cousin. They would have grown up as brothers if it wasn't for him.

Now my Dudders us going to become a carbon copy of his father, which will be a disaster, this nation will not be able to afford.

Once I'm done with breakfast, I eat my servings and dry his plate and start the kettle for his Earl Grey, he likes to have a strong one every morning. Just like he will tomorrow, and every day after that. For the rest of life.

But if anyone saw a tabby cat watching their house all day, no one said a thing.

~~~ November 1, 1981 ~~~

I woke at the same time as yesterday, and every day before that. At least yesterday was somewhat interesting. I went and fell into my daily routine.

Just as always I went open the door to get the day's pair and put it the empty milk bottles. But that's when all hell broke loose when I opened the door what I saw was not the day's paper, but a baby. I did what everyone would do.

I screamed

A baby, just over a year old that I have just woken up by screaming like a maniac! I rushed to pick up the child and gasped. His eyes, her eyes were staring back at me. Unblinkingly, with obvious curiosity and intelligence far greater than what a regular one-year-old was supposed to have.

That's when I noticed his skin was almost blue and that he was shivering. His pale skin, almost as white as snow, was filled with goosebumps. His raven black hair, ruffled in the chilly November winds. Who would do such a thing to baby, leave him on the doorstep without saying anything? Wait a minute, that's when I noticed it, a letter.

I gently picked up the child and cradled him to my chest and tried to warm him up as best as possible. I brought him inside as quiet as possible. The child, as I thought was smarter than normal. Even though his eyes were swimming with tears from the cold he didn't make a sound, as though he understood that he had to remain quiet because of my behaviour.

He truly was remarkably smart for his age!

I gently put him inside Dudley's cot in the living room and opened the letter. It is written in heavy parchment with the Hogwarts crest in its wax seal. In that man's loopy cursive handwriting was the address of my house and it was addressed not to me but my husband.

"Why would that old goat address a letter to my husband instead of me?", she thought to herself. Then I slowly opened the letter.

Dear Mr Dursley,

The boy I left on your doorstep is your wife's nephew. Lily Potter's son. Both of them have been murdered by the Dark Lord. He is now one of the most famous people in the world. I need you to take care of him, it is not your choice, you will do it. Sending him to an orphanage or someone else is not an option. But for your troubles, I will make sure one thousand Galleons (five thousand British pounds) is transferred to your vault in a Muggle Bank every season.

On top of that as long as the boy calls that house 'home' your family will be protected. You may raise him how you see fit, as long as he returns to me in one piece it is good. See that you do not spoil the boy, I cannot have an arrogant saviour. Do not tell your wife about this letter.

Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore,

Order of Merlin First Class, Supreme Mugwump of the International Confederation of Wizards, Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot, Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Once I finished reading the letter I couldn't believe my eyes. Did that old coot just ask my husband to abuse my nephew, and offered to pay him for it!

I swear on my life, I will not let that happen to my sister's son, I will try my very best to make his life as normal as possible. We'll see about that old goat.

~~~ July 30, 1990 ~~~

*** Third person's POV ***

It had been nine years since that horrible night where Lily Potter and her husband had given their lives to save their one-year boy who they loved more than anything. It had been nine years since the fall of the Dark Lord, nine years since Harry Potter had been re-christened The-Boy-who-Lived.

But, even after almost a decade of searching, no one knew where their Saviour was. The only one who did swear not to open his mouth on the matter. People searched high and low, from Beauxbatons in France to Durmstrang in Scandinavia, from Ilvermony in America to Castelobruxo in the Amazons.

But no one bothered to check the suburbs of Surrey where an angelic boy with Snow White skin, sparkling Emerald eyes and Raven Black hair walked towards No. 4 Privet Drive.

*** Harry's POV ***

I was walking home with my cousin, we weren't exactly best friends, but more of acquaintances. After a great day at school, we were heading back to his house. I never really considered that place home as I had never really been loved or appreciated there. He was a very shy boy, but quite alright in my opinion. Around my height and it was obvious that he'll grow up extremely bulked up. I, on the other hand, have always been lean and fit, but never lanky.

But intellectually, I was the smartest in my grade and almost smarter than everyone for at least four years above me. Almost everyone was surprised when I let my intellect shine through. That's when the bullying started, but me being the boss I am shut it down immediately. How did you ask?

By being the youngest school Football team player and took over the most prestigious spot, the centre forward.

Dudley and I were walking home, talking about the quiz we just had, I got full marks, as always. Dudley too felt that he did well, due to the extra coaching I've been giving him. When we entered the house we continued to the living room, still chatting about the quiz.

I put my bag in my bedroom and went back down to do my countless chores, Aunt Petunia was preparing dinner like normal. I can see that she is hiding something from her husband. She acts cold and hateful towards me when he is there, just like he does, and when he is not she is a bit nicer, still reserved but nicer and not as cold. They always cuff me on the back of my head, Uncle Vernon's favourite is slapping me, but Aunt Petunia always stops him before he gets too violent. But he's used the belt a good number of times when Aunt Petunia wasn't there.

I just sighed and went back to my bedroom after dinner to sleep, worked to the bone and tired as hell. Tomorrow was my tenth birthday! I'll probably get extra chores as a gift, I just hope that I don't get overworked like I usually do.

A/N - Harry's life is basically the same, other than the fact that he is extremely smart and Dudley is nicer. Petunia and Vernon are exactly the same, but Petunia is nicer when they are alone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

352K 14K 167
What would happen if Harry Potter was saved from the Dursley's and instead raised as the pureblooded son of Sirius Black. Will he end up following in...
634K 12.4K 66
"I was reaching for stars that didn't exist, caught up in the fantasies born of willful hope. I threw myself in the path of fate because I wanted to...
254 21 19
What if Voldemort died before Harry's parents died? What if none of your favorite characters had to die? What if someone else had to Bear the burdens...
1.5K 100 7
Set before Harry's 4th year Harry had just returned to the Dursley's home. One night when outside the house he found an ancient magical amulet that d...