Wicked (WICKED #1) | ✓

By vividlycrimson18

"What, you don't think I'm a bad boy?" "We're in an camp for delinquents. They're all bad boys here." FIRST B... More

INTRO
prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
afternote

37

68.1K 2.8K 948
By vividlycrimson18

THOUGH ELLA HAD NO idea why Ava was here, she was glad to speak to the girl again. Despite the obvious drama between her and Alex she was fun to hang with, that amused smirk always playing on her fuchsia lips. Meeting the other two seemed like fun as well, because if Faiza liked them she was sure to do so as well.

Her thoughts flashed to her ex for a moment then and she wondered if he was in town, before shaking her head. They had been best friends before they started dating and she cared for him still, but that was in the past now. She had gotten numerous texts from him asking where she was when she was sent away, all flooding in once her cell service came back, but she had only glanced at a few of them. It was a bad trait of hers, but being forgiving was something she struggled with.

Her thoughts didn't stay on him for long, quickly going back to Levi as he landed a right hook on Sebastian. There were few people who could actually take her brother on, his championship titles enough to prove that he wasn't some mere fighter, and she was impressed to see Levi was getting close to being one of them. He was trying his best to keep himself to all the rules from boxing, but she could see him hesitating at times and changing the flow of his movements.

Sebastian noticed those moments as well, but though he mostly didn't take advantage of the opportunity, he didn't have the leisure to keep doing that. Despite the lack of experience Levi had in the fighting style, his blows were hitting hard and he didn't seem to break much of a sweat just yet. Her brother smiled at that, the exhiliration that always colored his eyes in fights sharp now.

"They just keep on going and going," Alex said amusedly.

Will looked worried as Sebastian pushed Levi back with a hit then, shaking his head. "Do you think we should stop them?"

"Hell no," Alex said, leaning back," let's just enjoy the entertainment before all hell breaks loose in a couple hours."

"Not excited to see Ava?" Ella said with a glance to him.

"I -" he began, closing his lips and parting them again," I don't know."

"Of course he is," Will grinned," you're the reason she's here after all."

"Did you do something, Alex?" Ella frowned.

He almost looked guilty, though his eyes were sparkling mischievously. "Perhaps."

"What did you do?" she said, eyes narrowing.

Whatever it was, she was almost a hundred percent sure Ava didn't think it was as amusing as Alex did. The girl was a lot of things, but invested in chasing guys around was not one of them. If she had come all the way towards her city, it must have been something bad enough to make her come here.

"I took her phone," Alex said.

That explained a lot.

"She's going to kill you," Ella chuckled.

"She is," Will nodded solemnly.

"I somehow got her involved in the whole expulsion from the camp thing," Alex shrugged awkwardly," and she didn't want to listen to me when I apologized."

"You mean you both got angry and started shouting at each other," Ella said.

"Yeah, that." Alex flashed her a smile then. "Anyway, her phone fell when we were fighting and I took it to give it back to her, but she shouted at me again. So I told Clarkson to tell her where I was going and left."

"The lengths you go to to have a normal conversation with her," Ella said," doesn't it get too much for you?"

Alex' usual amused expression faded into something which was so softly sincere it looked like a strange face on him. His voice was as quiet as his eyes when he spoke, looking like he knew the relationship was making him drown, but still wasn't ready to let go of the anchor just yet. The effort he put in breathing underwater was more than he should, but she didn't have to say that for him to know.

"I can't let her go just yet," Alex said.

Will didn't talk, instead gently placing a hand on his friend's shoulder and smiling at him. Ella wasn't sure what to tell him, so she too stayed quiet, knowing that whatever tonight would bring it wouldn't be too good. Still, with Faiza around his friends she was hoping Sebastian would at least make a move, because it was painfully clear he was infatuated with the girl since he had been twelve.

"Why are the three of you looking so down?"

They looked up simultaneously at the source of the voice, Ella's eyebrow raised at Sebastian's bruised face. Levi didn't seem to be in a much better state beside him, both of them finally looking out of breath. She was glad for it, that just meant Sebastian had less energy to annoy her today.

"Who won?" she said.

"You weren't looking?" Levi frowned, looking almost hurt.

"Of course I was," she reassured him," I just got a bit distracted towards the end." Levi stared at her with brooding eyes and she laughed, shaking her head at him. "I was!"

"I'll forgive you for now," Levi huffed.

"I'll try to make it up to you, okay?" she said, holding up her hands in a pleading movement," I promise, oh lovely Levi."

His eyes sparkled when he nodded, expression quickly going back to his usual emotionless one after. Sebastian's gaze flicked between the two of them, as if the ease of their conversation surprised him, and then shook his head.

"It was a tie," he said.

Levi's eyebrows knit together immediately. "No, it wasn't. You won, Sebastian."

"In terms of skill for boxing, yeah," Sebastian shrugged," but we both know you would take me down if we fought without the rules, I'm not too proud to admit that."

"I don't like ifs," Levi said with a shake of his head," actions are the only things that count. So until we actually get into a street fight, you won."

He didn't show much emotion, but Ella knew he wasn't all too satisfied with the result. The fact that he still didn't take the win despite knowing she wouldn't care made her smile, the simplicity in his way of thinking one she didn't see a lot these days.

"I'm trying to help you out here," Sebastian frowned," this is my approval you're getting, you fool."

Levi blinked, shaking his head after.

"You're a brother to me, Sebastian," he said," but I don't need your approval. I need Ella's."

Ella's smile widened, her heart skipping a beat at his words. The guys she had dated until now had all been the same in their confidence, but Levi was a refreshing breath of air among them. It only happened all too often that random guys she wasn't interested in at all tried to get to her by going past Sebastian first, only asking for her opinion after they had been defeated. It was tiring and honestly sexist, so she was honestly just glad, jumping to her feet then and taking Levi's face in her hands.

"You have it," she said, pecking him on the cheek.

"There you go," Sebastian smiled, actually looking like he was all for it.

She knew he was too protective of her sometimes, so seeing him without a scowl now did mean something for her. It wasn't like she was dating with Levi just yet or loved him to death, not when she only knew him for a week now, but the click was there and she was excited to explore it further.

"I don't want to interrupt," Alex said," but let's get ready. I want to look good when Ava tries to murder me."

"You always look good, Alex," Will smiled at him.

"Thank you, William," Alex beamed," that means a lot."

Levi just nodded and all of them headed upstairs, Ella heading to her own room as soon as they did so. She did her makeup quickly, lining her eyes sharply but leaving the lipstick behind for a moment, knowing it wouldn't stay on after dinner anyway. Though she was done in fifteen minutes, the boys took a whole thirty, all walking downstairs showered and in new clothes. Seeing Levi with his damp hair clinging to his forehead instead of his usual combed back hairdo was adorable and Ella had to resist the urge to run her hand through his locks.

"You're wearing blouses," Ella remarked, genuinely surprised at how they had cleaned up.

"We're having dinner with your mother, right?" Will beamed," our first impression may not have been the best, but our second will be."

Levi nodded, the black blouse he was wearing matching with his pants, a stark contrast against the white one of the other two guys. It looked good on him and she mouthed it, that sparkle back in his eyes when he noticed.

"I was scared she'd make a comment about my style and make me cry," Alex said.

"Well then," Ella said as she opened the door to the dining room," let's see what she thinks about you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

236K 3.8K 36
{completed} They say opposites attract, the good girl + the bad boy. The grumpy + sunshine. She's intrigued by his eyes, maybe it's because they sha...
Lost By Devils angel

Teen Fiction

1.2K 47 19
(Book one of the cast away series) You all know 'the crowd'. The misfits The rebels The scary ones with the dark past. Those labels are best suit...
550K 34.2K 52
"You are my first love, Gabriela, and my last." "You're romantic for a delinquent." PREQUEL TO THE WICKED SERIES
193 3 14
What Clarissa didn't expect in her life was to find her home open to multiple criminals. Her parents playing saviour to juvenile delinquents meant he...