Beyond the Truth | Chris Brow...

By royalbree

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none." Jazlyn Lennox has been through literal hell with discovering secr... More

Chapter 01.
Chapter 03.
Chapter 04.
Chapter 05.
Chapter 06.

Chapter 02.

141 10 1
By royalbree

JAZLYN

I shifted in my sleep as I heard my door shut, it was quiet but the sound of the door creaking made me nervous. Even though it was dark I could see a shadow moving around my room getting closer to me. I sat up scooting away when Charles grabbed my ankle pulling me towards the edge of my bed. I screamed but he quickly covered my mouth trying to slide my shorts down.

"Stop fucking moving" I bit his hand which only resulted in me getting punched in the face. My tears clouded up my vision as he forcefully tried to yank my underwear down. A muffled scream tried to escape my mouth as he unbuckled his pants. When I finally was able to I kicked him straight where the sun didn't shine.

"You bitch!"He groaned. I hopped up running out the door while pulling up my shorts. My legs were still going from the adrenaline ,and honestly I wasn't sure where I was going since I didn't bring my phone. Time passed by as I was finally getting close to some benches in a somewhat lit up area. There were shops around as well as street lights. I slouched back taking a well needed breath. My mouth was dry from screaming at him. I honestly felt worn out from the recent events and I definitely was not trying to go home until I felt like he would pass out. My vision was getting heavy when someone walked up to me.

"Jazlyn, what the hell" I heard a familiar voice before my eyes shut firmly.

I opened my eyes seeing I was laying on a bed, instantly I got scared. I passed out at an unknown location and now my ass is kidnapped. I swinged my legs over and tried to stand up but my legs felt weak.

"Woah, slow down" Chris said, helping me sit back down.

"Uh how did I get here?" I asked, puzzled.

"I saw you passed out on a bench by my job so I just brought you back to my place" he said.

"I should get back home, what time is it?" I asked worriedly.

"Close to 2, what happened?" I looked away from him as I was rubbing on the forming bruise on my forearm.

"Nothing really, thank you though" I said trying to get up again.

"Come on" he said, leading me to his bathroom. I took a seat on his toilet as he went and grabbed a first aid kit.

"Jaz you can talk to me, what's going on?"

"It's really nothing. I was just leaving a party and probably passed out on the way home" I said, avoiding his question.

"In pajamas, someone putting their hands on you" he rubbed some ointment on some cuts I must've got from running down here. I looked down as tears started to form again. They threatened to fall. He had left but came back with an ice pack.

"C'Mere" he pulled me into a hug as I just broke down. My life was literally the worst.

"I'm sorry that you had to see me like this" he wiped my tears holding the ice pack against the bruise on my face.

"No it's okay, seriously what happened?" We walked back into his room.

"I'm only telling you this because I trust you, Harlow is the only other person who really knows about what is going on."he nodded. "Take your time"

"My stepfather tried to rape me while I was sleep" I wiped my tears as they continued to fall. The look on his face showed anger like he wanted to punch something.

"Why haven't you reported him" he started "better yet let me handle him"

"No I don't want you to get involved but I tried. He knows a lot of people so they usually ignore my calls" I said with a shrug.

"I'm just trying to make it until graduation, that's when I'm moving out"

"Well give me your number and if you ever need anything, you call me alright" he said, giving me his phone. I entered my number nodding.

"Thanks again I really appreciate it" he went to his drawer and pulled out some clothes.

"Here you can take a shower and crash on my bed for the night." he said, handing me a towel.

"Wait where are you going to sleep, I can take the couch"

"Nah I insist, I'll be in the living room if you need anything." I reached over and gave him a hug. Even though we haven't seen each other in forever it felt like he never left. "Thank you" he smiled before leaving the room. I walked into his bathroom locking the door. I pulled my hair into a bun while taking my clothes off. I had already taken a shower but I wanted to wash off his touch. I let the water beat on my skin as I tried to relax. I sighed scrubbing my skin hard as hell. The events kept replaying in my head. This is the closest he has ever gotten to almost raping me. Before this he would just rub on my thigh here and there. I'm just confused on why he broke into my room while the door was locked. I opened my eyes trying not to think about it.

After a while, I decided to get out of the shower. I wrapped the towel tightly around my body as I walked back to his room. I dried off and got dressed. Sleep was the last thing I wanted but food was heavily on my mind. I folded up my shirt and shorts and sat them on the floor with the towel he gave me before walking out the room. I went to his living area seeing he was watching reruns of Martin.

"Hey Chris" I spoke, catching his attention. He turned his head.

"Yeah wassup" I took a seat on the couch he was laying down on.

"Do you have anything to snack on, I'm not really tired" he got up going into the kitchen. I looked at the tv as I instantly felt a little happier. I love watching Martin, the whole show is straight comedy.

"Get the steppin' step! You don't have to go home but you have to get the hell out of here, raise up!" I laughed at him when Chris came back with hella snacks.

"I'm glad you look a little better, I just bought anything I think you might like"

"Trust me, I eat anything." I said, grabbing the bag of chips. He chuckled, taking a seat back in his spot.

"I've been meaning to ask, what do you do for a living?" I remember Harlow saying his parents didn't agree with his job which made me become curious in knowing what he does.

"I own a Tattoo Parlor, if you ever want one I got you"

"Actually I do, maybe we can make an appointment one day" I said.

"Where are you thinking about getting it?"

"Right here" I said, pointing in between my breasts. He raised his eyebrows. "Oh really"

"Yeah but I mean I need to see your portfolio to make sure you're good" he sucked his teeth.

"The disrespect" I laughed sitting Indian style.

"How old are you now?" I asked.

"23 I'm getting old"

"I mean if you put it that way" he glared at me throwing this sour patch directly at my shoulder. I grabbed it and ate it because we are not wasting shit.

"Fat ass, you're about 18 right?" I nodded. We continued catching up as it helped me get my mind off my life. I couldn't be more thankful for him letting me crash at his place until the morning.

——————————————————————————-

How was the 2nd chapter? Please share and let me know what you guys think about the book so far. I would love some feedback!!

Comments and Votes Appreciated

-BR££💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 35K 62
๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โi just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
140K 2.8K 44
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
168K 6.1K 92
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
506K 20.7K 61
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค *โ‹†โ ๐ข'๐ ๐ซ๐š๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐œ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐š๐ฌ ๐š ๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฉ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž-๐›...