THE DEMON'S PROMISED✓

By Andrea_is_here

Formerly known as Kisses From A Demon Started: 17th, July 2020. Ended: 7th, October 2020. Aurora Russel, a hu... More

INTRODUCTION.
Prologue:
Chapter 01: Happy Twentieth Birthday
Chapter 02: Welcome to Dapphion
chapter 03: Demon's horse
Chapter 04: Pain
Chapter 06: Trainer's Kiss
Chapter 07: Escape fail
Chapter 08: Tartarus' Tears
Chapter 09: Trainer's End?
Chapter 10: Drunk Lord
Chapter 11: Estratos
Chapter 12:Dinner Nightmare
Chapter 13: Locked
Chapter 14: The Talk
Chapter 15: The Dreams
Chapter 16: The Dance (1)
Chapter 17: The Dance (2)
Chapter 18:The Amulet
Chapter 19:Marked
Chapter 20: Reunited
Chapter 21: Visited
Chapter 22: Rejecting the mark
Chapter 23: Goodbye
Chapter 24: Almost back to Normal
Chapter 25: Dates and Confessions
Chapter 26: Isabelle's birthday
Chapter 27:Wooden home
Chapter 28: Demon-Apocalypse
Chapter 29:Demon-apocalypse (2)
Chapter 30: Queen Aurora
Chapter 31: Daria
Chapter 32: Kassandra
Chapter 33: Gone
Chapter 34: Glass Coffin
Chapter 35: Epilogue

Chapter 05: Trainer Kenji

738 100 74
By Andrea_is_here

The flowers outside have bloomed and how pretty they look, the sun does nothing but bring absolute joy to them. I can't help but feel how strange it is, in fact, the brightness outside manages to get inside creating a warm atmosphere—and they are only one person I can blame for this strange weather and joy.

The demon lord sitting at the head of the table while the maids fill up our plates, "You're in a good mood," I point out with a lazy eyebrow raised, my gaze still locked on the transparent glass windows.

Two weeks have passed since I arrived at Dapphion, in these two weeks I have been planning, strategizing waiting for the perfect moment to make my escape.

And oh, how I can't wait, I can practically feel the human world waiting for me.

"Really? I hadn't noticed." He replies before taking his food into his mouth and chewing slowly, "I think you should start your royal training today," I snap my gaze to his, and his blue electric eyes glow.

I narrow my hazel eyes at him. "Fuck you," I say slowly, he doesn't look affected, instead, he shrugs and mumbles something under his breath. "Day by day Xanthus, you find ways to make me hate you more. Tell me, are mates supposed to feel this way for each other?" His eyes glow a bright gold, I don't break eye contact as I await his response.

This has been our routine for the past two weeks, we'd throw mean words at each other me more than him—other times he'd say he wasn't in the mood to engage in a fight with a brat and I'd say it's only because he is old, then his eyes would flash gold like so.

He takes a deep breath, "The royal training will help you become—"

"Xanthus!" He is interrupted by a tall blonde with beautiful brown eyes, she catches the end of her long black dress so she doesn't trip on it, the chain she has around her neck looks like it's made from the veins of her enemy. She only stops walking when she's in front of the lord who looks unhappy about her arrival, "What's the meaning of this? Did you tell the guards not to let anyone in? Including me?" Her eyes show rage and her painted lips are pulled into a snarl.

"I said that because I need privacy with my guest," he sighs, guest? Well, that's a first, usually, he'd announce me as his mate and future queen. At his response, she snaps her eagle-like eyes to me.

"I have no problem with you spending time with your whores—"

"Don't call her that! Irrespective of how long we've known each other, do not forget I am still your king Lilith!" He rises to his feet, and that familiar red ring of fire appears in his eyes, I bite into my breakfast then chew slowly as I'm actually enjoying the scene in front of me.

"And I am your queen Lilith! Don't give out orders that affect me! We're equals!"

"We aren't! And you're not the queen Lilith, get out and return only when you've learned of your place in this kingdom!" Xanthus points a finger at the door while I try to hide the amusement in my eyes, she stomps out still holding her dress.

"Seems I'm not the only one that doesn't give a fuck about your crown, your highness."

"Don't start," he warns before sitting, I sigh as the sun begins to reduce and the flowers turn downwards.

His mood has been ruined.

I clear my throat, "I think I should continue with my training as a hunter," I say and he raises his palm to dismiss me. "Yes, Xanthus, it's either that or I'm not going to train for my queenly duties." My tone is mocking and he doesn't seem to mind as he raises a thoughtful eyebrow.

"Deal, I'll put one of my warriors up when you're done with breakfast. You'll start your Hunter training after that you'll start your royal training, do not complain about being tired." He speaks and a growing smile appears on my lips before I nod.

This doesn't mean I'm giving up on my escape plans, it simply means I'm letting him lower his guards.

A few minutes after breakfast, and I'm standing out in a clearing where Xanthus says I'd have my hunter training. To say I'm excited would be an understatement, my dad used to train me and it was one of my best moments, and it got even better when I'd manage to put him down.

"I can't believe I'm on babysitting duty," I hear a voice say, I don't feel insulted by this, I had been called worse since my arrival here.

He shakes his honey curls under the soft sun, his blue eyes land on me and he itches his stubble. His eyes run over my figure and I'm a bit grateful that I chose to wear a black sports bra with black leggings. I might not have been the curviest but I have a good body.

"It's not babysitting if I'm going to hand your ass to you," I reply and the man rolls his eyes before throwing a straw plank at me, his naked muscles flexing at the same time.

"Let's get this over with." He mumbles grumpily, and I agree.

I take a stance; I'm crouching a bit as my feet stay apart, I'm holding the plank with both hands and an amused expression crossed his eyes before he flips his plank without breaking a sweat, I charge for him intending to land a kick on his face.

But he effortlessly blocks my attack, "How's the human realm?" He asks and catches my plank before it hits him.

I catch a bit of displeasure in his tone which gains a raised eyebrow, "You don't seem to like the human realm."

"I just don't like a place filled with weaklings," he shrugs as he catches my feet mid-air, I let out a frustrated cry when he squeezes my ankle.

"Would you think they are still weak the day they save your life?"

He lets out a deep chuckle as he hits his plank on my back, "Dapphion will burn to the ground before that happens." He answers his eyes falling over my body once again.

We continue the training, with me trying to land an attack on him and he blocks it out without effort and each time we always manage to make skin contact, when this happens I catch a tinge of desire swirling in those blue gazes.

A sly smile makes way to my lips as he pulls me flush against his naked chest, his other hand is around my waist while the other holds my wrist close to my boobs. I don't pull away immediately as I lower my voice.

"You're attracted to me,"

"I am." His response surprises me and I pull away but he doesn't let go of my wrist.

"I'm your king's mate," I say.

His eyes darkened a bit as he moves closer. "Do you believe that?" He asks and his gaze drops to my lips when I lick them.

I pull away as I try to land a punch to his face, but he dodges it I throw another and he keeps dodging it while he is distracted by my fist I try to pull him down with my foot but he is stronger than me and somehow he manages to drag me closer to him, both his hands land around my waist and my hands are locked between his chest and my boobs as a harsh breath leaves my lips.

"let me hit you," I say.

"Now what kind of trainer would that make me?" He replies in an equally low tone.

It's silent for a while only our harsh breaths and some birds chirping creates sounds, just as the tall man holding me dips his head to connect our lips we hear a voice.

"I don't know if you're trying to anger the king or you're just doing this for fun." I jump away as his touch has just burned me.

The man sighs, "Rekal."

"Kenji." The Tydeon replies with the same hostility, "I suppose the training is over, it's time for her actual training."

"Same time tomorrow?" Kenji-my trainer asks and I nod slowly, whilst I try to calm my racing heart.

I can't believe I was in a compromising position, he is a demon for Aurora. What is wrong with you? What were you going to do if he kissed you?

I have a feeling that if he kissed me, I would have kissed him without much delay. Hell, I'm sure I would have had sex with him if it got to that level.
And it doesn't have to do with the fact that he is extremely attractive, I mean Xanthus is attractive yet if he tried to kiss me I'd be sure to bite him—so what was it about Kenji that made me almost do something so irrational?

"That's if you're still alive tomorrow." Rekal mumbles before leading me out the other way.

My palm is warm over my face as Rekal leads us out mumbling what he is going to tell Xanthus and I feel slight worry for my trainer raise to my heart so I stop and face Rekal.

"You're not going to tell the demon lord anything!" I say to him pointing at the same time.

The Tydeon raises his eyebrow his purple eyes glowing under the dimmed sun, "I can't do that, do you realize what he did? What you almost do?" He whispers, "That's betrayal!"

I roll my eyes. "And what exactly did we do?"

He furrowed his eyebrows, "You almost kissed—"

"But did we? We weren't going to kiss Rekal, I almost fell and he saved me by holding me." I lie straight through my teeth.

Rekal let out a humorless laugh. "What do you think I am Aurora? A kid? You're his lord's mate and he... wow." He says shaking his head.

With a thought, I throw my arms around his neck, since he is taller than me I have to stand on my tippy toe and my body is pressed into his.  He freezes his hand to move to remove my arms but I only tightened my hold I feel him shaking in maybe panic or fear.

"Anyone can easily assume you're holding me Rekal, this is the same thing that happened with Kenji. Tell Xanthus anything and I'd be sure to tell him you held me!" I pull away and see anger flash through his eyes before he let out a frustrated breath gesturing for me to follow him as he walks away.

I sigh rubbing my palm.

We enter the kingdom's library and I inhale a bit as the smell of old books passes my nostrils, it's also a bit colder inside than outside. Some demons throw the books anyhow and I wonder how the librarian is comfortable with that.

Rekal stops in front of big oak doors and I stare at him expectantly, he sighs. "The man behind this door isn't exactly sane. The woman also might not be the nicest so don't take any of their words to heart. Even though I don't you would." He mumbles before opening the door.

Another library is revealed and I notice a short and slim man flipping through a book, his hair is dark brown—his brown eyes immediately snap up to us then he walks toward us his big head tilting to the side.

"I'm Jaak." I nod, "and you should be the future queen of Dapphion." I refrain from rolling my eyes.

Silly oblivious demons, as soon as I'm sure everyone is distracted by something I'm leaving here.

"She doesn't look like a queen Jaak," An auburn-haired woman says walking out another door, her arms are crossed over her blue dress as her blue eyes look at me from toe to head. "Rose." She says and I force a smile at her.

Perfect timing is all I need.

꧁꧂

Thanks, for reading!

Don't forget to vote!
🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

685K 27.2K 85
He can hear her each breath He can see her every move He can sense her every emotion He can appear anywhere He craves her He wants her And He has her...
Black Sheep By Golden

General Fiction

425K 20.6K 64
Y/N gets more than she bargained for when getting to know the mystery creature that's been living in her shop silently for the past few years. She ne...
335 38 18
Sun and moon, midnight and noon. One cannot be without the other. Cecelia begins her new life with hopes and dreams for the future until her past get...
21.7K 622 8
An angelic halfling, thrown into a brutal war - not her own. Can she survive, can humanity? Angels or Hellion, Sky hates them both, hell, she even ha...