Free the Game, Beat the End [...

By goatgoatWasFound

When a glitch in the game causes some active players in Minecraft have their consciousness get sucked into th... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
DISCORD SERVER
goodbye and thank you

Chapter 6

25.3K 1.3K 2.3K
By goatgoatWasFound

They had a very simple plan. 

Get string, make wool, break open a hole, and bridge out. 

But it wasn't really going they way they hoped it would. "Guys, I'm stuck again!" Bad called out causing George to let out an annoyed groan. 

The other two rushed over towards him, forcefully ripping off the cobwebs as George collected the string. 

Luckily for them, because of how the game was altered slightly to add more features and realism to it, string could be collected without a sword. It only required strength, energy, and patience. 

All of which they were severely lacking. 

"Ugh, this stupid web is getting stuck to my hand!" George complained almost in a scream. "Get this stupid thing off of me." He began failing around his arm causing both Purpled and Bad to laugh. 

"I think maybe if you, you know, keep it in one place, you might have a better chance at that." Purpled remarked, causing George to playfully roll his eyes. 

They carefully worked on collecting the string, not bothering to hush their voices from the guard-like players outside. From their point of view it would only look like three idiots cleaning up a prison cell- basically doing their job for them. 

George couldn't help but take periodic glances at the now almost dead-like Steve man, who was now only facing the corner. He didn't bother helping them, calling their efforts useless, but from what George knew he wasn't even listening as they whispered to each other about the plan, meaning from his view it looked similar to that of how the prison guards saw them.

Still, he was being completely and utterly useless, looking like a life-less shell of a human being. 

George wondered if that was what the game did to people, but he definitely wasn't willing to wait long enough to find out. 

"Oh yeah, George did something happen back in the real world?" Bad asked, bringing George out of his thoughts. 

The Brit gave him a confused look. "What do you mean?"

"What do you mean, 'what do you mean?!" Bad asked, jokingly exaggerating his anger. "I sat here waiting for literally like 14 hours for you. Thought you guys got caught or something?!"

George now looked even more confused because from what he could recall the plan with Dan was completely successful. "Maybe you entered early or something, I don't know, that's pretty weird."

"I did not!"

The two bickered for a little while longer before being interrupted by a familiar deep voice. 

"Time goes faster in here idiots." Spoke the Steve. The trio all adverted their eyes on him waiting for further explanation but got no further response, as he slouched back in his corner. Throughout the few hours he has been here, George had learned to just ignore him.

"Did you guys not talk at all while waiting for me?" George asked, as Purpled shook his head.

"Nah, this guy just kept looking at the floor, arms crossed. He looked like some kind of weird plotting murderer." Purpled explained. "I thought if I went closer he'd just stab me or something."

"Well, that was the plan George and I agreed on. I wouldn't make contact with anyone who might be an enemy!" Bad responded like it was the most obvious thing in the world. Purpled stiffled in a laugher as he took another look a Bad. "What's so funny?"

"Its just-" Purpled held his chuckles. "I thought you were either mute, emo, or just really edgy!" 

George's laughter followed suit, erupting in spurs of hysterics and giggles. He could almost imagine his friends laughing along with them, Sapnap adding something to make fun of Bad, and Dream wheezing like he always would. 

Dream really wouldn't leave George's thoughts, would he?

No one could see Bad's flustered face through the darkness of his hoodie, but they could certainly hear it from his voice. "What makes you think I'm edgy?!" 

"I mean you do have Bad in your name." Purpled argued, causing Bad to impishly cross his arms in a huff. "And you're skin does seem pretty edgy at first glance."

"It literally does not!" Bad fought back.

And as the trio's laughter and bickers began to fill the room, George felt himself yearning to hear that unmistakable wheeze again. 

Dream's stupid laugh.

Why did everything have to be Dream?

***

It was almost sunset by the time they had gathered enough string, and they desperately wanted to get out before night hit. 

According to Purpled, he had heard mob noises the nights before and without armor or tools, fighting them would have been a lost cause. 

So they all went to work. 

George trying to figure out how to craft, while Bad and Purpled chipped away at the wall, taking one block each.

George opened his inventory via the holographic like buttons in the air opening a crafting tab in front of him. It showed them a two by two collection of squares as he grabbed the string from his hotbar filling up all the vacant spots in the square. The string then merged together creating a block of wool in front of him. 

George smirked. 

This was minecraft. Crafting was easy. 

And he began placing the string in, one by one, creating blocks and blocks of wool as they seemingly disappeared when he put them in his inventory. 

He had 10 blocks. That was just enough. 

"Guys, the crafting is done!" George called out in a whisper. Bad nodded, while Purpled seemed to be in a slight panic, looking back at George and sending him a signal of such. 

"By the way George, it's kind of your fault I'm here." He suddenly said, keeping his eyes on the task in front of him. 

"Hm, why is that?" George asked, playing along.

Purpled chuckled a bit. "Because I heard of how stubborn you were." He explained. "I'm really young, so Mojang didn't want to let me in, but I kinda wanted to not just sit around you know. Then I heard about you, the idiot who wouldn't stop sending requests to them and I thought, it wouldn't be as embarrassing if I was only the second most annoying player." He smiled. "So I kept bugging them until they let me in. I didn't have to sneak in like you though." 

A smile appeared on George's face as both Purpled and Bad's blocks broke. He knew Purpled only said that because the breaking of the stone walls was making too much noise and they needed to cover it up, but a part of him was touched that he made a simple impact in his choice. 

George threw him the blocks as Purpled smirked when he picked up, taking a quick glance at the lava below him. "Of course that means if I die, I can blame it on you." He quipped, causing George to take back all he thought about being 'touched'.

Because Purpled was the most experienced in bridging out of all them, they decided to leave it up to him. The teen focused, gripping unto the blocks and quickly bridging across, as George could only anxiously watch.

Fail, and he died. 

Purpled bridged over, being extra careful. It was the first time in this game he was placing blocks, so it felt weird, but another part of it just felt natural. It really was Minecraft. 

The group didn't take their eyes off of him, keeping in their comments to themselves in order allow him to concentrate. 

George let out a deep breath as he looked at the newly bridge in front of him.

He didn't fail. 

Purpled's face flooded with relief, gesturing for them to come over.

And they did, trying their best not to make any suspecting noise as they reached the forest on the other. George and Purpled were already ready to make a run for it before Bad couldn't keep it in and screamed out. "Hey Steve! You little muffin come with us." 

The man looked up, surprised as he took notice of the bridge. He stood up, slowly walking towards them. So slowly in fact, George could feel the panic rise as he heard the other players, run around, screaming orders out to one another. 

"Bad, we have to go, we have to run! They heard us!" He said, as Bad eyed the player in front of them. 

They had to run. They needed to leave before it got dark, and before the enemies, both players and mobs arrived.

The iron doors bust open through the cell, as the players, decked in full iron armor, came running towards them, headed for the bridge.

The Steve walked over just standing on the middle of the connection between the cell and the forest, breaking the wool in front of him, stopping him from getting any nearer to the other end. 

The Steve was breaking his only escape route, stopping the enemies from reaching them.

"Hey, wait what the fuck are you doing?!" George yelled, only to be ignored by the man, a chilling smile across his face. 

"As long as it's not enderman bait." He said under his breath, watching as the players ran towards him, silently accepting his death. For a spilt second he turned around making eye-contact with George for the first time. George stared, almost feeling the pain the man had went through. "Free the Game." He mouthed as pushed the players into the lava, off of the one-by-one bridge. 

The Steve had acted as their distraction, acting as a barrier between them and the enemy players on the other end. 

But he was going to die for it, and something told George he wasn't going to respawn.

He continued to watch in horror, as Bad pulled him away, unable to bear the sight. "You're right, we have to go now." He said, the fear evident in his voice as he looked away. Purpled was the same, the reality of their situation sinking in.

George nodded as the three booked it through the forest. 

They had no food. 

No tools.

No armor. 

And the day was slowly ending as they ran. 

But they were going to survive. 

They had to. 

Only they were slowly doubting their chances as they saw two name tags of players clad in full armor on horses running towards them from the depths of the forest. One of them with a bow aimed at George's head. 

[A/N]

The 14 hours thing wasn't even on purpose I did the math and its actually supposed to be 14 AHHAHSHAH-

Also i have major trust issues with Dream after the troll last night lol. Dream and Techno are teaming for MCC and I can't believe it, I went crazy last night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193K 4.9K 67
A seemingly insignificant girl suddenly goes viral on tiktok for her redstone builds, insane skills, and clutch moments. This quickly attracts the at...
112K 4.3K 9
Clay and George are somehow sucked into Minecraft. While trying to figure out how to escape, Clay is taken over by a strange force. George is left to...
175K 6.6K 11
After an accident, Dream believes he is an awful person, and doesn't deserve anything good in life. George and Sapnap disagree. Disclaimer: I don't...
370K 6.5K 24
~* completedddd *~ DUDE THIS STORY IS V SHORT SO UM YEA IM SORRY I HAVE NO IDEA WHO THE COVER ART IS BY. IF ANYONE KNOWS PLEASE TELL MEEEE. ...