Love Is All I Ever Wanted...

By background21

A girl who grows up not knowing anything about mother's love and tries her best to win the Father's love who... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Epilogue
Extra #1

Chapter 33

9.9K 391 22
By background21

*Asha Pov*

I woke up next day with a blazing alarm beside my ear. I don't want to get up at all. But I need to as there are many things to do.

I got ready easily as I have already brought a dress and important things yeaterday while coming here.

Without waking Sandy I left her room and went downstairs. Everyone is there except Lucky.

"Good morning Asha!" Prem said looking at me and I just kind of ignored him.

"Guys! I think we all are ready with the dances." I said but I was kind of asking them.

"We are totally fine Asha. You and Rahul helped us with many steps." Vicky said smiling.

I smiled back and discussed again what we need to do today.

"Mandira! Your voice is good so you will be taking care of announcing the performances as per our plan. I wrote what should we say for introducing each performance and I am sure you will improve it more. While you are dancing I will do it for you." I said looking at her.

"Sure! I am not that good at dancing so this will be totally perfect for me." she said excitingly.

"Ok. Now just check the arrangements and if it need anything let me know." I said getting up.

I left them and went inside my room. I got all the costumes I need today for everyone and left my room.

At the same time Prem reached near my door.

"Asha! Let's just talk." He said coming near me.

"This is not the time Prem. I am trying here to make today entertaing for both Lucky and Sandy. So if you can, just help me by looking after arrangements like everyone." I said leaving him.

I reached Sandy's room to see that she is awake.

"Hey good morning! If you want take some more sleep." I said standing near the door.

"I think I had enough sleep." She said smiling.

I nodded and went inside Mandira's room which is on ground floor. I placed all the costumes on the bed and started to arrnge them orderly.

"Hey Asha! There is a problem." Mandira sadi entering her room.

"What is it?" I asked her confused.

"The song you selected for you and Prem doesn't get sync with our plan." She replied worriedly.

"Oh no! This plan didn't entered my mind while selecting that song." I said frowning and thought the situation I was in when he selected it. My brain was in freeze state at that time.

"So what should we do now?" she asked.

I thought for some time and said "Don't worry I have some solution for it. There is no need to change anything."

"If you are sure then it's ok." She said shrugging.

Then later we all had our lunch but were busy with our own duties. Finishing it I asked one helper for a small favor.

With that I went inside Mandira's room and started checking the clothes again.

After arranging the clothes, I went towards Vicky room where boys are going to change.

I knocked on his door and he immediately opened it. I showed them the clothes and placed them on the bed.

I saw that Lucky, Rahul and Prem are already in his room.

"Hey Lucky! I got your dress here. Rahul yours also is here." I said pointing out heir clothes.

"Vicky! This is yours and this is Prem's just let him know." I said and started to leave their room.

"Asha! Tell him by yourself." Vicky said stopping me.

"I have to go and check the arrangements for the last time. You guys just get ready." I said leaving his room.

I looked around in the living room and checked all the small arrangements too. I again asked our helpers about the food and drinks arrangement for the guests.

Finally I went near the sound system and placed the 'CD' in which our songs are there in a line.

I went inside Mandira's room to see even Sandy and Gowri Di are here. Abhi is sleeping peacefully on the bed.

It is nearly evening so we started to get ready one by one.

Gowri Di is wearing a beautiful half-sari which will be comfortable for the performance. Later Mandira wore a pink Salwaar which is actually a Punjabi style one.

Then Sandy got ready and wore a cream half-sari. I placed the dress on the bed which she will wear for her performance.

Next I got ready wearing a navy blue sari. It is actually for a performance.

When we all got ready, we heard a knock on the door.

I opened it to see Lucky and remaining except Prem standing there.

"What?" I asked them.

"Prem can not find the dress he has to wear for his dance." Lucky replied.

"That's impossible! I gave him all the materials he need." I said frowning.

"We too searched but couldn't find it. He is calling you." Vicky said and left to go towards the living room.

I sighed and took the first shirt I saw and went inside Vicky's room.

"Here take it." I said without looking at him.

When I didn't get any sound I looked up to see him just standing there without any shirt.

"Thanks." He said taking it.

I nodded and decided to leave him room but he stopped me holding my hand.

"What Prem?" I asked him.

"Are you sure that I have to wear this for the performance?" he asked confused.

"Yeah!" I replied and tried to remove my hand.

But he didn't budged and came near me completely. He kissed on my forhead saying "Thanks for doing all this for Sandy. It means a lot for her and also for me."

I looked at him a little socked but left the room after nodding a little.

After few minutes all the guests started to arrive one by one. When everyone reached we decided to start the Sangeet.

I took the Mike and said "Thanks everyone for coming here to bless both future Bride and the groom."

They all clapped and I just smiled.

"So this marriage is taking place in Punjabi style. So the Sangeet must also be in that style right?" I asked them and git the response as 'Yes'.

"Then what Punjabi Sangeet without these two performances? Enjoy them which are totally cultural." I said and I signaled Vicky to dim the lights.

Then few people entered the hall and staretd to do Bhangra. The music and the energy with which they are dancing made to clap for them so much.

After they finished and we applauded, another group consisting of women entered the hall.

They started to do 'Gidda'. It is a popular folk dance of women in Punjab.

It is same as energitc as Bhangra at the same time it manages to creatively display feminine grace, elegance and elasticity.

When it is over we all shouted at their wonderful performance.

After they left I reached near the Mike and said thanks to all of them.

"So I hope you enjoyed it. But now we all are going to show the love story of Sandy and Lucky through our performances. Ofcourse everything will not be totally correct and there will be our own views too. I just want all the elders to appreciate our effort and not mind if they didn't like anything." I said and handed the mike to Mandira.

Then the lights are totally switched off.

"So their story starts with ofcourse when they didn't meet each other. So how was our Sandy before meeting Lucky? Or she still is even after that." Mandira started saying and we all just chuckled in the middle.

"Our Sandy! She is sweet, cute and all but let us not forget that she is stubborn too. She will not change for anyone and will always act like she wishes. When everyone used to say what will happen when you go to your In-Laws house? Then she always replied like this. Watch and enjoy." Mandira said like we decided and then slowly the few lights got switched on along with the music.

With that I started to give my first dance..

hum to bhai jaise hain vaise  rahenge

                                          I'll always stay the way I am.

ab koii khushii ho ya ho khafaa ham nahiin badalenge apnii adaa

               Now, whether it be in happiness or in anger, I won't change my style.

samjhe na samjhe koii ham yahii kahenge

                     Whether or not anyone understands, I'll  keep saying it:

hum to bhai jaise hai.n vaise rahenge

                                I'll always stay the way I am.

hum dil shahazaadii hain marzii kii maalika

                  I'm the queen of hearts, the mistress of  my own desires.

sar pe aanchal kyon rakhe DHalka to DHalka

                   Why should I keep a scarf on my head?  If it slips, it slips!

ab koii kush ho yaa ho ruuTHe is baat par chaahe har baat TuuTe

Now, no matter whether someone is happy with me or irritated, even if we have a falling out,

hum to bhai jaise hain vaise rahenge                                                                                                                                        I'll always stay the way I am.

humen shauq mehndii ka na shehanaa'ii ka hai...

              I have no taste for the trappings of  marriage...

hamaare li'e to apna ghar hii banaa hai

                       My household is already established.

sunta agar ho to sun le taare lagta nahiin kabhii ham honge raahe.n

        If you're listening, stars, then hear this: I won't ever take to the roads.

hum to bhai jaise hain vaise rahe.nge

                     I'll always stay the way I am.

ab koii khushii ho ya ho khafaa ham nahiin badalenge apnii adaa

         Now, whether it be in happiness or in anger, I won't change my style.

samjhe na samjhe koii ham yahii kahenge

            Whether or not anyone understands, I'll keep saying it:

hum to bhai jaise hain vaise rahenge

                                 I'll always stay the way I am.

When I fished my dance they all clapped and some cousins of Lucky even whistled. I saw that even Elders are happy and thank god for that.

Then the lights are switched off again. Then I rushed inside Mnadira's room to put on the pajamas and normal loose top and got the sari completely covered. This will be perfect for next performance.

"She was or is I don't know like that all the time. Then she met him in that place where we get to enter the relations which are doubtful to be firm forever. Yep! They met in the high school. They are the first crush for each other. What do you guys think how did she react after meeting him and how was her heart's condition? Don't have an idea then watch this and don't forget to enjoy.." Mandira said.

By that time I reached the middle of the living room and sat on the floor pulling my legs to my chest and leaning a little.

She is doing an amazing job. Then the lights are switched on again and as usual with the music. I staretd to begin my performance.

"chocolate, lime juice, ice cream, toffeeyaan"

               Chocolate, lime juice, ice cream, toffees

pahale jaise ab mere shauq hain kahaan

                 That was before; where do my yearnings lie now?

guDiya khilaune merii saheliyaan

                         Dolls, toys, my friends:

ab mujhe lagtii hain sarii pahaliyaa.n

                they all seem to me now like things of the past

yeh kaunsa moD hai umar ka

                 At which turn in the road am I?

yeh kaisa diiwaanaapan hai kya jaanuu.n

                What sort of madness is this; what do I know?

main kya jaanuun

                What do I know?

mushkil ho gaya khud ko kaise

               How did it become difficult for me

pahachaanuu main pahachaanuun

           to recognize myself, to recognize myself

din kaTta hai kaTte na raatiya

                  I endure the daytime; the nights are endured

kis se kahuun main ye saarii baatiyan

                To whom can I tell all these things?

guDiyaa

               Doll

man men tarangen uTHne lagii hain

                   Waves have begun to roll through my mind

yeh kaisii yeh kaisii

                     Of what sort, of what sort

ab jaisii huun pahale nahiin thii

                       I was never like this before

main aisii main aisii

                 I'm like this, I'm like this

khilne lagii hain raahon men kaliyaan

                Buds have begun to bloom on the paths

aankhiyaan DHuunDHe sapnon ki galiyaan

             My eyes seek the lanes of my dreams

"Wow guys! This is our star performer." Mandira said and I glared at her.

She winked and said "We all heard what the thoughts of Sandy were before and after meeting Lucky. Then what about Lucky?"

"We will see. There is lot more to happen." She said and I moved away from the middle of the living room. The guests were given some refreshments already and were now given some snacks.

Indeed there is lot more to happen....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How is it guys???

And the pics are on the side... Do see them.....

Hum tho bhai jaise hain (Veer-Zara)

Chocolate, lime juice (Hum aapke hain kaun)

Fingers crossed hope you liked the start of Sangeet.....

Comment plz and vote.............

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

251K 12.4K 33
Hello everyone. I am Ayisha I am a new writer in wattapad. This story is very special to me . Hope you all like and do comments to support me. I...
230K 8.1K 13
Everything is set. Bride is ready and also Groom for a perfect Indian wedding. Parents of both Bride and Groom are happy as they have good name in so...
17.2K 535 43
This story is about a girl who was never loved by her parents just because she is not as beautiful as her siblings and her cousins, at least that is...
74.4K 7.5K 34
Growing up she believed she had to live life to the fullest, she could not afford to spend her time on anyone! Growing up he believed life had no mea...