Bad In Common

By prinses1010

"Everyone has a chapter they don't want to read out loud. Mine just so happens to be a book." Allison Bridge... More

Welcome!
Prologue ✔️
Chapter 1 ✔️
Chapter 2 ✔️
Chapter 3 ✔️
Chapter 4 ✔️
Chapter 5 ✔️
Chapter 6 ✔️
Chapter 7 ✔️
Chapter 8 ✔️
Chapter 9 ✔️
Chapter 10 ✔️
Chapter 11 ✔️
Chapter 12 ✔️
Chapter 13 ✔️
Chapter 14 ✔️
Chapter 15 ✔️
Chapter 16 ✔️
Chapter 17 ✔️
Chapter 18 ✔️
Chapter 19 ✔️
Chapter 21 ✔️
Chapter 22 ✔️
Chapter 23 ✔️
Chapter 24 ✔️
Chapter 25 ✔️
Chapter 26 ✔️
Chapter 27 ✔️
Chapter 28 ✔️
Chapter 29 ✔️
Chapter 30 ✔️
Chapter 31 ✔️
Chapter 32 ✔️
Chapter 33 ✔️
Chapter 34 ✔️
Chapter 35 ✔️
Chapter 36 ✔️
Chapter 37 ✔️
Chapter 38 ✔️
Chapter 39 ✔️
Chapter 40 ✔️
Chapter 41 ✔️
Chapter 42 ✔️
Chapter 43 ✔️
Chapter 44 ✔️
Chapter 45 ✔️
Chapter 46 ✔️
Chapter 47 ✔️
Chapter 48 ✔️
Chapter 49 ✔️
Chapter 50 ✔️
Chapter 51 ✔️
Chapter 52 ✔️
Chapter 53 ✔️
Chapter 54 ✔️
Chapter 55 ✔️
Chapter 56 (Last Chapter) ✔️
Epilogue ✔️

Chapter 20 ✔️

8.3K 368 63
By prinses1010

I feel an arm wrap around my waist and pull me closer.

I thought I talked to Emily about personal space. The girl has got to learn what the limits are.

I wriggle around and try to free myself from the arm I'm caged in.

Why is it so heavy?

Wait a fat minute.

My eyes fly open once a familiar cologne enter my nostrils. It can only belong to one person. Not my unicorn obsessed roommate no. Tyler.

I look down to see Tyler's exposed arm wrapped tightly around my waist. I look around at my surroundings. I recognize the room I'm in as Tyler's room at the frat house.

There are two things wrong with this image. Firstly, I warned him about cuddling me and secondly, what the hell am I doing in Tyler's bed?

I'm not gentle as I remove Tyler's arm from my waist and sit up in his bed. I cringe as I feel my headache being the consequences of having one too many drinks last night. I look down at Tyler as he starts moving around and making weird noises.

I glare daggers into his head. If it wasn't for the fact that I was fully clothed I would've cascaded him in his own bed.

" Morning." I hear Tyler groan in a husky voice. His eyes open up slowly. He frowns when he sees the death glare I'm throwing his way.

" Is it the hair?" he asks after a few seconds.

My eyebrows furrow in confusion.

" What?"

Tyler sits up. His naked chest is full on display, making it really hard for me to keep my eyes trained on his face. He lets out a yawn and rubs his eyes.

" Is my hair bothering you?"

" Why would your hair bother me?"

If anything his hair makes me want to-

No.

" Then why are you looking at me as if you want to kill me?" he chuckles.

Still doesn't have anything to do with his hair. I love a good messy bed hair look. Who doesn't?

" Gee I don't know. Maybe because I woke up in your bed with your arm wrapped around me. "  I mutter as I climb out of his bed.

I have to stand still for a few seconds to regain my balance. Stupid hangovers. It's a real pain in the ass.

" Don't put the blame on me. I dropped you off at your place. "he shrugs.

I look at him blankly.

" Then how the hell did I end up here? "I frown.

Tyler chuckles before he too gets out of bed. Damn- he walks in his boxers over to his wardrobe and pulls out a pair of gray sweatpants. He doesn't make a move to put on a shirt. Not that I'm complaining - let's focus on the important matter right now. How did I end up here?

" When we reached your dorm you kept going on about being my sidekick and that you aren't allowed to leave my side. You thought I was the Flash." he laughs thinking back to what I said.

A few memories from last night come back to me. I fully believed he was the Flash. I even offered to be his sidekick. Wait... I wanted to catch a rabbit?

" I tried to leave you in your dorm but you literally clinged onto me. After a few attempts I gave up. Emily wasn't at the dorm and I was skeptical to leave you alone. So I took you back to my place. That's how you ended up here. Don't worry I didn't try anything. " he explains and finishes off with a wink.

Dear God.

I can't believe I embarrassed myself like that. Tyler is never going to let me live this one down.

" Don't worry. Your superhero kept you safe. " he smirks. He lightly bumps me as he passes me and walks out of the door.

I cringe as I walk over to grab my phone and shoes. I really need to get out of here. Like now.

" Tyler can you -" I stop mid sentence as a few pair of eyes land on me just as I exit Tyler's room. Not this again.

" Do you guys ever sleep in?" I groan as I strud past the wondering eyes and follow Tyler down the stairs and into the kitchen.

I sit down at the island and lay my head down on my arms. All I want to do is grab some coffee, go back to my dorm, take a long shower and sleep the rest of the day. Tyler has to drop me off seeing as my car isn't here. I really hope he doesn't take long. I have a busy day filled with hours of sleep to attend to.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts as I hear a cup being placed down next to me. I sit up and eye the cup of coffee next to me. I quirk my eyebrow as I look back at Tyler.

" I'm not going to poison you." he sighs when I don't make an attempt to reach for the coffee.

I shrug and take a sip. I instantly feel relieved as soon as the liquid flows down my body, waking me up properly. This coffee tastes amazing.

" It's a talent." he winks as he scurries off to the fridge.

I watch in awe as he pulls out a few ingredients and starts preparing breakfast. Before I can blink there is a plate filled with eggs and bacon placed in front of me. I don't know what I'm more shocked about. The fact that he can cook or the fact that he didn't let one of his minions grab me breakfast like he ordered the previous time.

" I'm impressed." I say as I finish up the last bit from my plate. My stomach now feels satisfied that it has been fed and not as angry as it was when I woke up. Tyler sure does have a talent.

He cooked you eggs - never mind. Continue annoying me out of your body my conscience adds.

Tyler chuckles as he takes both our plates to the sink. He calls out to one of his minions to come clean up and leads me out of the kitchen.

" I'm just going to grab my stuff for football practice and then I'll drop you off at your dorm." he announces.

I nod in reply and wait patiently for Tyler's return.

" Your boy got laid!" I hear Mason yell as he enters through the front door.

A round of wolf whistles and applause come from the rest of the house. Mason looks too proud as he flexes his biceps.

Is it always like this when someone gets laid?

Mason's eyes focuses on me. He smirks. I roll my eyes. Mason starts making his way over to me as I start praying that Tyler hurries up for the sake of Mason's life.

" Hey bestie." Mason greets as he comes to a halt in front of me.

I take a step back from him seeing he has entered my person bubble. I hate it when people enter my personal space. There is a reason it's called personal.

Mason looks offended as I just ignore him. I continue on praying that Tyler hurries up. Why when I don't need him he's always there but when I really need him he tends to dissappear?

" Oh come on don't be like that." Mason smirks stepping closer. I can basically feel his STD's rubbing off on me.

I keep on ignoring Mason as I take another step back. With the hangover I'm having it is really difficult to think straight. Especially when all I'm thinking about is my bed. I have my priorities.

" I-"

" Don't." I snap, cutting Mason off. " Just turn around," I say making a circle with my index finger, " and get out of my sight."

Mason sighs before muttering something under his breath and walking away. Didn't think it was going to be that -

" I'll get you one day." Mason yells before he walks into the kitchen.

The thought of Mason and me getting it on makes a shiver run down my spine. I'd rather hook up with a cactus than put my lips near Mason.

Tyler comes down the stairs with a duffle bag under his arm and a smile attached to his face.

" Are you a Mason going to get it on?" he smirks as he comes to a stop in front of me.

" God no." I shiver. Tyler laughs as he opens up the front door for me to step through. We walk over to his car and I climb into the passenger side.

" Thanks for uh... " what am I exactly saying thanks to? Him not trying to take advantage from me? Him not leaving me at the festival at 2am? Him letting me sleep in his room? Him making me breakfast and then dropping me off at my place? It's a lot to be thankful for in a short period of time, yet I can't seem to say 'thank you' .

" No problem." he replies before I can finish my sentence. He knows I struggle to express my emotions. Even if it is something as simple as saying 'thank you'. Most people get annoyed when I can't form a sentance to describe how I'm feeling and that's when I tend to get aggressive. Tyler understands what I'm saying even when I'm not saying it.

" See you around." Tyler yells out of the window as he speeds away honking. People's attention turn towards me and I cringe as I walk into my building.

" Ally!" I hear Tyler yell again before the door closes behind me.

I watch as he parks his car and climbs out. What the hell? I thought he has football practice to get to.

Tyler jogs over to me with a little grin on his face.

" Can I help you?" I question as I enter the building.

" I forgot my wallet in your room last night." he face palms himself.

Oh.

" Idiot." I chuckle as I open the door to my dorm.

" You kept me busy last night." Tyler laughs as we step inside the room.

My eyes land on a figure sitting on my bed. All blood drains from my face as I can't focus on anything else besides the person sitting on my bed. This isn't good.

" Allison Thea Bridge. " my mother says while glaring daggers at my head.

Oh no.

She used my full name.

I'm in a lot of trouble.

I look over to Tyler who shares the same horrified expression as I am. He gulps before taking his eyes off my pissed off mother and focuses it on me.

" Your middle name is Thea?" is the first thing he asks.

Seriously. That's the only thing he grasped out of the whole situation?

" Mind explaining to me where you were the whole night?" mom quirks her eyebrow.

Sure. I was at a music festival without your consent then I got wasted and ended up in the guy standing next to me's bed and only got back at 10am with a massive hangover - Yeah no.

" Mom I'll be with you in a minute. "I say holding up my index finger to confirm my promise. I turn towards Tyler and raise my eyebrows, silently begging him to dissappear before my mom attacks him.

Tyler catches on to what I'm trying to do as he scurries to grab his wallet. He gives me a concerned look before walking out of the room.

Once he left the room I turn back to my mother who looks as if she's close to popping out a baby at the moment.

" I can't believe you went behind my back." mom says in disbelief.

Oh hell no. She can't come and play the victim when she has been ignoring me for two weeks straight.

" I'm in college mom." I whine. " I'm supposed to go out to parties and enjoy myself. " I say frustrated as I sit down on Emily's bed.

I hope Emily is okay. Neither of us were capable to make responsible choices last night. Not that we do it when we are sober but you get my point.

" You still went behind my back and jumped into bed with first guy you laid your eyes on. " she exclaims while throwing her hands up in the air.

Of course that is what would go through her mind. I don't blame her. If I were in her position and heard the things Tyler and I said before entering the room I would assume the worst as well.

" I didn't sleep with him."

" Yet you kept him busy last night." Mom quirks her eyebrow.

I hate it when she does this. She never takes my word for anything. I'm always at fault. Her 19-year old college daughter can't go out for a night because that's a major sin. I wonder if she ever sits down and rethinks the things she says to me and realizes how unreasonable she is. This is unbelievable.

" I didn't get arrested or got myself in trouble. That was our arrangement yes? I don't see where I went wrong." I shrug.

It's the truth. As long as I stay out of trouble then I'm in the safe zone.

" Don't test me Allison." mom warns.

I flop down onto my bed. You can never get anything through this woman's head. I get it that she has trust issues but at least have a little faith in me. I've been in college for 2 months now and mom hasn't received any calls from the police. If anything she should be proud that I'm staying out of trouble.

" No mom. You keep on blaming me when you can't open your eyes and realize that I'm staying out of trouble just like you asked me to. I'm trying to be better but you are really making it difficult for me."

Mom sighs as she rubs her temple. Her whole body looks exhausted. From the few gray stripes in her hair to the dark bags under her eyes to her chapped lips and pale skin. She's not doing well with the divorce but it still doesn't give her a reason to ghost me for two weeks and then show up out of the blue and start accusing me.

" Oh I'm sorry I'm being difficult while going through some shit in my life Allison." mom's voice is filled with venom.

" No offense mom but you are being childish now. Your divorce with dad shouldn't affect me and you shouldn't put your frustrations out on me for God's sake! You left me at the house after telling me about the divorce and ignored me for two weeks! I'm sorry things aren't going your way now mom but I'm your daughter for crying out loud. Stop treating me like I'm a burden. " I exclaim while my eyes start to fill up with tears.

I'm not going to cry in front of her.

Mom doesn't say anything after my out burst. I don't feel guilty at all. Some things need to be said, even if it isn't always nice hearing it.

" You already lost dad, don't push me away." I say softer this time.

I hear mom sniff before she stands to her feet. She pats down her dress before picking up her purse. She turns to look at me and I notice the tears in her eyes.

" I'll see you at Thanksgiving. " she says before exiting the room.

I flop back down onto my bed and let out a frustrated sigh.

I'm never going to win with her.

_______________________________________

Ally's mom is starting to irritate me🙄

Thoughts?

Thanks for all the support ❤️

Peace out ✌️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

791K 2.1K 8
Finding relationships is easy... Keeping them is the real game. That's what I'm learning in my first one. It's not easy. Our rival schools are an hou...
242K 9.4K 79
"Is there a reason you decided to spill your drink all over me," he asks calmly, his eyes forming an even more intense glare as he pats the sticky bl...
886K 29.2K 34
"Your mouth may say you hate me," he whispered, "But your hands...they say otherwise." His eyebrows raised pointedly at my touch on his chest, face w...
1.2M 29.2K 64
Abuse. Whether it comes from a parent or a significant other is an issue that has brought many into being manipulated, ruined, or even shattered into...