Silent Voice

De Emerald_Daylily

(a fakemon/pokespe story) (cover by the talented @Imberlapis) Sometimes, if you have to be a perfect pokemon... Mai multe

Author's note
Prologue
Chapter 1: Mysterious creature
Chapter 2: A Favor Returned
Chapter 3: Home Sweet Home
Chapter 4: A Dexholder Meeting, and The Matter of Transportation
Chapter 5: The Early Bird Gets Cooking Duty
Chapter 6: Upper Paw in Battle
Chapter 7: Mr. Grumpy Can Cry?(Pt. 1)
Chapter 8: Mr. Grumpy Can Cry?(Pt. 2)
Chapter 10: Leavetty Express, Psychic Style
Chapter 11: If You Cry, We Cry Together
Chapter 12: Say Hello to Juniors!
Chapter 13: Let's Go Save the World(Again)
Chapter 14: Sir Dense the Valiant
Slight Author's Note: Ages
Chapter 15: Leavetty Flies Free
Chapter 16: Revenge for the Past
Chapter 17: Mew, the Awesome Grandmother
Chapter 18: Songs and Stories
Chapter 19: Caution, Blue Ship
Chapter 20: Wait For Me, Please
Chapter 21: Remember Me?
Chapter 22: Till Death Do Us Part
Chapter 23: Operation Red and Yellow - Success
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 9: A Gift of Memory

72 2 0
De Emerald_Daylily

The phone sounded. "Wonder who it is?" Yellow thought out loud.

Leavetty's tail glowed green without even looking up. When Yellow answered the phone, it was Green. Sighing, Yellow muttered, "still not used to you doing that."

"What?"

"Ooh, sorry Green, I forgot you were there. I was talking to Leavetty."

"Never mind, I couldn't care less. Came to tell you there'll be a dexholder meeting next week. Red's house. Grandfather's well enough for a visit, so we're kind of having a celebration."

"Wait, I thought the others didn't know!"

"The news got out eventually." Green sighed before continuing, "I told them."

Yellow smiled before asking, "anything else, Green?"

"No," Green replied, "I gotta go. Daisy's calling for me."

"Bye." Yellow hung up.

Stretching, Yellow's eyes locked with Omny, who was trying to use his tentacles to make interesting shadows on the wall. Omny was currently trying to do a pidgey, with Leavetty and Dody assisting.

"Dexholder meeting again?"

"Are you like Leavetty, Omny?" asked an alarmed Yellow.

"Leavetty told me."

"Oh dear, you nearly gave me a heart attack."

"Sorry, mistress, didn't mean to."

"It's fine, Omny. Really." Yellow stretched again.

"The meeting's a week away. And since it's in Pallet Town, it's pretty close. "Indeed, with Leavetty around, it would only take seconds.

"This, time, I think I'll take Dody out to run, since it's a short distance. Dody, do you think you're up?"

Her dodrio looked at her and uh, triple grinned. "Of course! Why not?"

"Kay! Now, I want to do something for Professor Oak. What should I do?"

Leavetty made a drawing motion with her tail.

"Draw? But what? And why?"

This got Leavetty thinking for a while. Then, she curled her tail around Yellow's arm, and led her out of her house.

After walking for a few minutes, they arrived at a path leading deep into the Viridian Forest. Despite having lived near the forest for as long as she could remember, Yellow didn't recall there was a path here. Leavetty confidently led Yellow in, while gesturing that all the pictures Professor Oak had had been lost in the fire.

The path seemed to twist and turn for a hundred times before they arrived.

Two tombstones stood stubbornly in the clearing before them. They were weathered, and the words on them illegible, except one: Oak. The only way Yellow could tell this was a burial site was because there were two rectangle bumps in the dirt in front of the tombstones.

Yellow stared. The final resting place of relatives of Green, Daisy and Professor Oak. But whose? Since some words could still be seen, she could guess that it could be great grandparents or...

Leavetty shook its head, detecting Yellow's thoughts. Leavetty then used her tail to rub the stone furiously, and when whatever dust, moss or weeds could be cleared off were swept off, Yellow saw a date that was only about nineteen years ago. The ages on the tombstones(which by some miracle Leavetty had been able to decipher and restore) read 25 and 27. They were young, so young the only possible answer was that this was the son of Professor Oak and the professor's daughter in law.

"Green's father and mother," Yellow stated.

Leavetty nodded.

Yellow felt somewhat ridiculous and asked this, "how do they look like? I haven't ever seen them before…"

Leavetty smiled, as if assuring her it wasn't a ridiculous question. She then washed herself with a quick bubblebeam and curled her slightly moist tail around Yellow's arm. Squeezing her eyes shut, Leavetty conjured a memory from the recesses of Professor Oak's mind and willed her vision to form in the air around them.

Yellow stared as her surroundings morphed into a different image—that of a church's. She then saw the bride and groom at the altar. The bride was beautiful, and the bridegroom handsome, and they seemed to be in the process of exchanging rings. Odd thing was, Yellow didn't see them move an inch.

The atmosphere was perfect. Small flower petals lined the aisle, and some floated in the air, caused by wind blowing through the wide open windows. The church was painted in shades of white and beige, and on wooden benches sat fifty people, all cheering for the newly married.

Yellow stepped closer to the couple, and no one seemed to notice. They were even more beautiful up close, and Yellow could see some features that Green and Daisy had inherited from them.

The bride(whose name Yellow could not make out) had long, dark blue hair and gentle forest green eyes(whom both Green and Daisy had inherited). Her mouth was bent into the slightest of smiles, as though she wasn't used to smiling, but she was still very pretty. She wore a beautiful white dress, and her hands on which were beautiful white gloves were clasped with her husband's hands.

The bridegroom exerted a different air entirely. Messy brown hair which could also be seen in both Green and Daisy, with eyes that were coloured indigo. The man had a smile that represented the emotions he was feeling at the moment—complete and utter joy. He clearly was much more used to expressing merriment, and though he was decked in a smart white tuxedo with a blue bow tie, he radiated a casual attitude.

This beautiful moment and all that was included was frozen completely in time.

Yellow looked at Leavetty, who was staring at the couple with a mixture of surprise and…sadness? This Yellow could not tell. However, she picked up her sketchbook, and began to draw, sitting down on the floor. Oddly, she could feel the carpeted aisle beneath her. She soon set to drawing the couple.

After finishing with the outline, she colored it in with watercolor that Leavetty had seemingly fished out of thin air. However, something was missing, Yellow thought. But what?

Leavetty looked over Yellow's shoulder and extended her tail. Gently holding the paintbrush, she expertly added bits of colour here and there, and when she was finished Yellow could swear that it looked exactly like the scene before them. Nodding, Yellow indicated that she had finished. The illusion morphed back into their surroundings, and Leavetty slumped sideways in exhaustion. Smiling, Yellow quickly healed the tired Leavetty with her powers(who in turn perked up, stretching) and led her back home.

A few days later, Yellow rose to the first light, and rode Dody to Red's house with Leavetty running alongside. When she arrived, Red and Green were already there.

Professor Oak was there too, in a wheelchair, along with Daisy who was making conversation. When Yellow arrived, they greeted Yellow with much praise, joy and smiles—after all, it had been she who helped them out of debt prior to the burning of the professor's lab.

Yellow then shyly headed over to the professor, already flustered from the praise. She then presented her drawing to Professor Oak, saying, "Leavetty told me earlier that your photos had all been burnt. Was this one of them?"

Professor looked at the drawing, mesmerized. He stared at Yellow before asking, "how did you know this was the one I treasured most?"

Daisy looked over her grandfather's shoulder. "How did you know what father and mother look like?"

Green was surprised now. "How did you even know them when they died when I was one?"

Now was Red's turn to butt in. "That's Green's parents?"

Yellow looked nervous at their many questions before she pointed at Leavetty. "I don't know, really. Leavetty was the one that knew."

They all looked at the Leavetty, who stared back at them with her jadigo eyes(jade and indigo, if you don't remember).

At that moment, their juniors from Hoenn rang the doorbell. Interrupted from this awkward conversation, they turned towards the door.

-----
Phew. I hoped you liked this. I just randomly made up the parents, please don't scold me for having no evidence

I do not own pokemon.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

451 29 29
The past always comes back. Every seemingly insignificant mistake you once made... It all adds up. Every choice you made. Every reckless action. Ever...
6K 136 9
"Secrets aren't something untold but it's something that can't be told." Yellow is an average girl residing in the Oak's residence after she lost her...
49.5K 775 15
Exactly what it says on the box. you're [Y/N], a 16 year old who moved to Sinnoh from Unova when you were 5, befriending Cynthia from a young age. Yo...
110K 4K 80
A 10-year-old boy, with a goal to become a Pokemon Champion, sets out on a journey across the Kanto Region. A journey charged with friendships, fun...