Ghostly Wish-(BOOK 3 OF SILVE...

By miss_phee

Kaylee Aubery Skyle hated the past, much rather living in the present and future. When an old ghostly ally re... More

Information!
Winds Of Change
Suggestions?
Ghost Story
Stiix and Stones
The Temple On Haunted Hill
Peek-A-Boo
Kingdom Come
Grave Danger
The Lloylee Oneshot You Waited For
Curseworld- Part 1
Curseworld- Part 2
Infamous
Public Enemy Number 1
Enkrypted
Misfortune Rising
On a Wish and a Prayer
My Dinner With Nadakhan
Wishmasters
The Last Resort
Operation Land Ho!
The Way Back
The End
Reversed Time

The Crooked Path

308 8 0
By miss_phee

At Steep Wisdom, we are creating a defense system against Ghosts. Lots of water balloons sadly. (I really wanna put in a lol.) 

Zane puts up a sign. "There. That should keep customers away. Closed for renovations."

Kai sets up a bucket of water on top of the door. "More like fortifications. If Morro and his ghouls show up here looking to steal the Sword of Sanctuary, they won't know what hit them."

Cole exits the shop and the bucket of water almost lands on him. "Aah! Careful, you know not all of us are immune to water. And I for one would like to stick around long enough for Misako and Sensei to figure out the last clue."

"We got Cyclon-do, we got the sword, now they just have to figure out where the Tomb of the First Spinjitzu Master is."Jay cheers.

"Let's hope they figure it out soon. I don't know how long we'll be able to hold out." I shake my head. We continue our fortifications, until someone steps on a tripline and set off a bell.

"Intruder!" Kai yells.

"Let him have it. Pull!" Jay orders, and everyone catapults water balloons, but it was actually the Postman. Whoops.

"No wonder you're going out of business." The Postman sighs.

"No, you're the one going out of business. Heh, who sends letters anymore?" Jay asks.

"Guys, he's right. It says he's gonna shut us down unless we drum up some business." I say, reading the letter.

"Well, don't tell Ronin. If this place is worthless, he won't stick around and we need all the help we can get. Come on, we're gonna need more water balloons." Cole beckons us away. Soon, Misako calls us for a quick meeting.

"Thanks for gathering on short notice." Misako says, as we situate ourselves in the chairs.

"So you figured out where the tomb is?" I ask.

"Not yet, but we think we know how to locate it." Misako replies. "Zane?" The Falcon projects the skull image, and Sensei turns off the lights. "To bring you up to date, the skull symbol refers to the tomb's entrance."

"We also know my father's resting site, where the Realm Crystal resides, is protected by three deadly tests designed to keep anyone unworthy away, and only the Sword of Sanctuary can see past its riddles." Sensei adds.

"Yeah, but where is it?" Cole asks. 

"We started to wonder if the scroll and sword combined held a secret. That's when Kai reminded us there was a map on the back of the scroll a-" Misako starts. 

"And if you use the sword on the map, the blade's reflection will reveal the tomb's location." Kai adds.

"Exactly." Misako nods.

"Which means we'll have to get our hands on that map." Cole says, but then Nya's scream rippled through the air.

"He's getting away with the sword!" She shrieks, and we quickly jump up and meet Ronin.

"Huh? Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. We can do this the easy way or the hard way." Ronin says, but we accidentally activate our own water traps. "Haha! That was way too easy!"

"Ow!" Zane lands on Jay.

Kai uses Airjitzu, but fails to go high enough to catch Ronin in R.E.X. "Aah! He's getting away. To the Bounty!" Kai yells, and Wu saddles his dragon, as I push myself in the air. We eventually catch up to R.E.X., but find it empty.

"He's not aboard the ship." Misako gasps. 

"It's a trick!" Sensie deducts.

"Then where did Ronin go?" Kai asks.

"We better head back. It's no use staying here and thinking." I say, and we fly back to Steep Wisdom, where Nya informs us of her run in with Ronin, and also reveals that Ronin had a estrangement with Archer dude. That sounded weird. 

"Well, obviously he's taken the sword to Morro." Jay says. 

"But where's Morro? He could be anywhere." Zane says.

"Look, Nya, I know you're not a Ninja yet, but if you're gonna be one of us-" Cole snaps, and I angrily turn to him.

"I'm sorry! I should've told you when I first suspected Ronin would steal it!" Nya says.

"Everyone makes mistakes Cole!" I retort.

"Enough! We all knew the path to save Lloyd was never going to be a straight line. We were all fooled by Ronin, but that doesn't make us fools. At a time like this, we mustn't butt heads but put our heads together." Sensei imparts widsom. Joy. I glare at Cole before returning to Nya's side. 

"I'm sorry. You said butt heads." Jay snickers. The Falcon squawks, as it flies in the room and projects a message from Ronin.

"I can't talk loud, but I wanted to let you know, Nya, you were right. Morro didn't hold his end of the bargain. And Misako was right too. The scroll and sword did reveal the tomb. I know where it's located. I know you don't have the sword, but I know you can beat them to the tomb. They're coming." Ronin whispers.

"Where is it? Where's the tomb?" I press.

"The Caves of Despair! The tomb is in Caves of Despair!" Ronin yells, and the message cuts off.

"Caves of Despair? We've been there. I don't remember seeing any tomb." Sensei muses.

"But there are still miles of unexplored mines. It could be there." Misako reasons.

"But why should we believe him? It could be a trap." Nya counters.

"We don't have the scroll and we don't have the sword. With Lloyd's life at stake, what other choice do we have?" Kai sighs. 

"We're in." Cole says, and we all nod in agreement. 

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. What good will it do us if it's all just a setup?" Nya reasons.

"The Ninja are right. Even a misstep could be a step in the right direction. We cannot afford to do nothing. The Ninja will go. As for Nya, you're still not ready." Sensei shakes his head, and Nya groans loudly.

"Sorry sis, maybe next time." Kai shakes his head.

"Don't worry Nya, we'll see you soon." I say.

"I'm holding you to that." Nya replies.

We travel to the Caves of Despair.

"The Caves of Despair." Kai sighs, staring nostalgically at the caverns.

"This is where we first came for the Golden Weapons. It's like everything has come full circle." I comment.

"Don't say that. Full circle means it's coming to an end, and I don't want to hear that before I go into the Caves of Despair, one of my least favorite words. How do we even know the tomb's in there?" Jay retorts.

"The third symbol." Kai points to a symbol.

"Good enough for me. Let's go." Jay gulps.

"There's another symbol." I point to another skull, as we venture deeper into the caves. 

"Huh. Looks like it only gets darker the deeper in we go." Cole says.

Kai soon spots five lanterns. "Then it's a good thing we have a little light." 

"Wait! What if this is one of the tests?" I ask.

"Yeah, Sensei said the tomb was gonna be protected by three deadly tests. Maybe if we pick the wrong lantern..." Jay gasps.

Kai carefully grabs one, but nothing happens. "Ha! Nope, just a lantern." Zane, Cole, and I each grab one, but Jay hesitates before reluctantly taking the last.

"Like I thought, just another lantern." Jay sighs.

"Looks like there was a cave-in." I say, as we got in a cave.

"Ugh! What's that smell?" Jay sniffs the air.

"My sense pick up traces of Kethanol, a highly flammable gas released from deep well mining." Zane informs. 

"Sure. Bet that's what all Nindroids say." Cole scoffs.

"If you're implying that smell came from me-" Zane starts, offended.

"Look! Some of these rocks appear to have been recently moved. Maybe Morro's already been through here." Kai says, and we venture in more.

"Ash. Everything here has been burned. Perhaps one of the traps?" I ask, picking up a pile of ash and letting it fall through my fingers.

"The Kethanol geyser. We cannot stay long. It might ignite again at any moment." Zane says, pointing to the geyser.

"Look." Cole gasps.

"Whoa." Jay says, as we see a skeleton. "Ew! You think it's him?"

"The First Spinjitzu Master. Uh, but where's the Realm Crystal?" Kai asks.

"That is not the First Spinjitzu Master. It's the Master of Wind. These are the remains of Morro's mortal body." Zane informs. 

"Well, Sensei told us he never came back from looking for the tomb. So if he's here, that means..." I start, and gasp.

"It is trap! Now you suffer same fate!" Ghoultar uses his scythe to trap us.

"There's no way out. If this was a test, I think we certainly failed it." Kai gasps.

"And all this gas is making me a little lightheaded." Jay coughs.

"This cavern is a virtual oven. If those geysers decide to ignite, we'll be cooked." Cole gasps.

"P.I.X.A.L. has located an opening. The cave-in must have created a gap." Zane informs, pointing above us.

"Oh, but a gap to where? For all we know, it could be a dead-end and for the record, that's another one of my least favorite words. Dead end." Jay moans.

"Too late!" Cole grabs a boulder and blocks the geyser.

"Cole, no!" Zane yells.

"Ha, solved that problem." Cole smiles.

"Correction, you made it worse. Now the pressure will compact the explosion, multiplying the damage tenfold." Zane explains.

"Oh, what are you trying to say?" I groan.

"When that rock goes, every cave in a 10-mile radius will be filled with a wall of fire so hot, it'll incinerate everything in its path." Zane continues.

"Guess we better get hot on our heels." Kai says.

"Cyclon-do!" Jay yells, as we Airjitzus their way out of the gap.

"Airjitzu!" I retort, as we start running away.

"Hurry!" Zane beckons as the Kethanol geyser explodes.

"Go, go, go!" Kai yells, as we hop into a minecart.

"Great, now what? How do we stop this thing?" Jay asks, the cart speeds up, and we all start screaming. We hit a bump, and Jay flies out. Jay is running, trying to catch up to the cart.

"Almost got you." Kai says, pulling Jay in.

"Watch it!" I yell, as Jay's foot almost rammed into me.

We see Ghoultar on the track, and Jay uses his Aeroblade on him. "Haha, I caught it, guys! I caught it!"

"Looks like we're coming to a dead-end!" I scream.

"Oh, there's that word again. Never say that word! Aah! What do I do? What do I do?" Jay yells.

"Use the Aeroblade for brakes!" Zane orders, and the guys immediately lean over, their Aeroblades making loud screeching noises.

"It almost feels like we're going faster!" I yell.

"Whoa! Aaah!" We scream, as we fall into a volcano, basically condemning us to eternal death, until I remembered that I could fly. Wait, what about the guys?!? Suddenly, R.E.X. arrives and unravels a ladder. Haha! Thank goodness.

"Haha! I could kiss Ronin! After I clobber him for getting us into this mess." Cole sighs happily. We climb inside, but Ronin's not there.

"Oh, oh, oh. Autopilot! Course he's too scared to show his face." Jay spat.

Ronin's face appears on screen. "Hey, Ninja. If you're getting this message, I'm sure you have some choice words for me."

"Haha! You've got that right!" Cole seethes.

"But I want to tell you, that wasn't me who sent you to this trap. I was under the control of Morro. I know you think I'm a crook by taking the sword, and I wanna make things right by offering my airship, R.E.X., as a peace offering. I know it's not what you had in mind, but I've remotely entered the location of the tomb. The real one this time." Ronin shows us a map of the Endless Sea.

"Look at that. The reason Misako never found the tomb in Ninjago was because it was never there in the first place. It's under the ocean." I gasp.

"Morro has a head start, but R.E.X. should get you straight there in a jiff. And if it's any consolation, this'll be the last you see of me. If Nya wants to know a reason, tell her it's because I care. Okay. Good luck. And go make things right." Ronin replies, and the screen fades to black.

"Looks like we're headed to the tomb. Time to buckle up." Kai says.

"Finally." I sigh, laying down on the floor.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.7K 1.1K 158
Welcome to clone wars x female reader book 2 if you haven't read the first book yet, give it a try because some of the series in this book are contin...
2K 61 20
"I like to play with guns" "well I like to play with fire" what would happen if the schools mafia meets the schools badgirl??and what if.....read to...
8K 215 17
Isabella Miller is your average 17 year old girl, pefect family, life, friends she had it all. However her parents were too obsessed with her being...
516K 31.5K 47
what happens when two people are bonded by marriage due to the mutual decision of their family.........but for them it is nothing more than a contrac...