The Lily and The Sword (Conra...

By Lazy_Rain

After being sucked into an unknown world, Rina Shibuya, doing her best to protect her little brother comes to... More

The Beginning
First Impressions
The Unfair Duel/"I will become your Demon King!".
The Coronation/ Yuri The Demon King
The Pirate Attack
"It Bit Me!"/"What's wrong with a toothless dog?".
The Kidnapping
The Great Escape
The Elopers and The Sand Bear
Celi's Getting Married?!
I See The Light
The Great One and Julia
Conrart's Arm
Shimaron/ "Do you want to kill Julia?!"
GΓΌnter vs. Conrad
Your Name is Demon King
For Our Bonds

The Shrine Maiden, Ulrike/ The Attempted Kidnapping

235 11 0
By Lazy_Rain

I sigh as I grab my bag from my work locker, the thought of going to the Demon Kingdom straight after work sounds exhausting, esspecially since I was looking after them on my own when my manager had to run out for a family emergency. So much seems to have happeneded in the last month, you wouldn't think so with how quiet the neighbourhood is. I love home, I don't think I could live without it. I just want to go home and read a book and help out a little with dinner. Maybe pester Shouri to come out and see the family once in a while, we barely see him anymore.
I head out of the staff room and watch as the last of the children start to head for home with their parents, but a few notice me and end up running up to me with open arms.

"We're going home now, Miss Shibuya!" They cried as they gave me a hug goodbye.

"Alright, I look forward to seeing you all tomorrow" I smiled happily as I hugged them back.

They all look up at me with bright smiling faces, "okay!".

They run back over to their parents, who were bowing a little over by the gate towards me, I smile at them and wave.

I love my job.

I turn off the lights and grab the keys to the kindergarten then I head for the front door and lock it.
I made my way home after getting an iced coffee from a vending machine along the way.
It wasn't long before I noticed I was walked by the baseball field, remembering that Yuri was practicing today.

They seem to be wrapping everything up, Julia.

Go and see him, they seem to be finishing their activity.

I wondered why she said that until I realise after I saw Yuri walking by a pond on the other side of the fence with that idiot Murada. I hurried over a little as I gripped my bag strap anxiously.

Why now? This is getting ridiculous!

Before I knew it I knocked over Yuuri causing us both to fall into the pond and back to the demon kingdom... but we weren't at the castle or Gwendal's place. We were in an actual pond like we landed in a roman garden.

We sat up as I sighed as I mumbled irritably, "I knew it, I just knew this would happen... why can't we have one normal work day without something drastic or being dragged back and forth like a rag doll!".

I tossed my soaking wet bag out of the pond and proceeded to kick the water and toss the greenery in the pond angrily, "I don't even know why I have to come along against my will anyway!".

Suddenly we were surrounded by beautiful women with spears, I was not in the mood for hostility and cold shoulders. So as one of them demanded that Yuri leave, I threw greenery at her head causing her to be startled.

"Who the hell do you think you are?" I screamed, "you're talking to your oh so precious deman king!".

"Rina, calm down. It's ok".

The greenery over Yuri's head fell and revealed his black hair causing all the women in the vicinity to gasp and the guards to bow for forgiveness.

I began to ring the water from my hair, "check his hair next time!".

"Honestly Rina, I've never seen you so angry", I heard Wolfram exclaim confused.

I noticed Conrart laugh behind his hand and Günter looked crestfallen, as they recalled how I threatened Conrart with a sword and knocked Günter on his ass at our first meeting as the brothers and Günter walked towards us.

"Well try working a job everyday for three weeks straight and was going to go home and relax and then you'll understand why I'm so angry" I growled as I began to step out of the pond.

"I'm sorry Rina, I can imagine it can be difficult to follow Yuri from your world to ours" Conrart apologised as he took my hand and helped me out and handed me a towel to put on my shoulders.

"At least I'm so fortunate to love my job" I sighed in relief as I took my shoes off and clung on to the towel that Conrart provided.

"Welcome your Majesty" said a young looking priestess as she walked towards the group.

Her name was Ulrike and she was the closest person who could talk to The Great One, my head began to sting from the mention of his name but I put it at the back of my mind.
After Yuri and I were dry and dressed presentably we were escorted to the tomb of his Greatness, I was still angry but I tried to think of the sweet treats and the castle's gardens that I would lie in when we returned to Yuri's Castle.

Nothing like home, but it will have to do, Julia...

It's alright Rina, I'm sure this visit will be pleasant...

Ulrike was explaining her duty as the high shrine maiden of The Great One who looks after and speaks to The Great One directly, I looked up at his insignia hanging on a wall that streamed a waterfall.

It is good to see you again... Rina.

I gasped but I covered my mouth before any one would notice as Wolfram was shouting at Ulrike for trying to touching Yuri the second time today.

Julia... who is that?

Don't be scared Rina, it's The Great One. He doesn't mean any harm.

How can you be so calm? I thought I could only hear you in my head until now...

I knew that eventually you would be able to talk with him, it was only a matter of time since...

Since what?

Julia stopped talking. I bit my lip anxiously, looking down as I felt like I was being stared down by The Great One himself. I only just caught Ulrike say she summoned Yuri here because she simply wanted to meet him.
Every one looked at her slightly annoyed that she almost started to cry but Yuri and Conrart reassured her that she did nothing wrong and it was her reward for being kind enough to bring Yuri here.
But a question continued to lingered in my mind since the moment I arrived... why am I here?

After everyone had begun to leave, Ulrike stopped Conrart and I. She warned Cornart of Yuri's eminent danger, he reassured her he would give his life on making sure Yuri was safe.
I was about to turn with him but something the shrine maiden said made me shudder.

"You've grown so much, it's nice to see you again Rina".

I didn't dare look, in fact my walking hastened as I left the great hall and caught up with Conrart who was further ahead of me.
For the rest of the journey to Covenant Castle, I couldn't stop thinking about my experience in the tomb of The Great One.
The only comfort I seemed to have on the way was my new horse I was given I named her Rain cause of her pretty blue eyes.
I was stroking her mane until we reached the castle, we were greeted by the staff but I snuck away to tend to Rain's needs. I cleaned her stable and left her some food and water, I admit it was funny seeing the stable hand's faces when they saw a finely dressed woman looking after a horse.
Rain was already so fond of me when we first met but she seemed so attached to me after I finished pampering her.
She began to nuzzle my cheek in gratitude causing me to giggle, the thought of The Great One and Ulrike faded away with Rain's whinning.

"Aww, you're welcome. It's only right cause you're a special lady and us girls need to look after one another" I cooed happily as I stroked under her nose affectionately.

Rain neighed in agreement. After giving her some more affection, I shut the stable door and waved her goodbye before leaving to go find Yuri and the others.
I went to go find Yuri but along the way, heard servants gossiping about the Gem of the Demon King being stolen and how much it'll impact Yuri if neighbouring countries caught wind of it.
It would make Yuri a laughing stoke.
It wasn't long before I found Yuri sitting at a water fountain, I sat down next to him.

"What's up, little July?" I asked jokingly.

"God, I feel so old. You used to call me that all the time when I was little" Yuri replied with a tired smile as he slumped forward.

I wrapped my arm around him making him rest his head on my shoulder, smiling.

"No matter how old you get, you'll always been my little July" I said comfortingly, "which means I know you work things out".

Yuri didn't say anything but enjoyed the comfort of my embrace until it was interuppted by intruders.
I gasped and pulled Yuri behind me just as Conrart and Wolfram had appeared from nowhere and fought off the spies.
I sat down and sighed in relief after one was captured and the rest managed to escape.
Immediately, the prisoner was taken for interrogation, Yuri's inner circle beside Günter for some reason, were present including myself.
Yuri was being so kind but when he started talking about mum Conrart and I were trying to keep ourselves from bursting into a fit of laughter and Gwendal rolled his eyes with a sigh.

"What would you dear sweet mother think if she found out that you decided on this kind of job?", Yuri exclaimed, "she'd be heart broken!".

Conrart ended up elbowing my arm a little since I was showing a bigger reaction than him, Gwendal sighed again then drew his sword a little to intimidate the 'suspect'.

He was quick to fess up to why he and his accomplices were there. Stoffel.
He wanted to meet Yuri privately, but the guys wouldn't let him have an audience.

I must protect Yuri...

The gaurd was increased and Gwendal was becoming more on edge, despite the chip on his shoulder he cared about my brother deep down.

He really can be sweet when he wants to be...

Nothing else was done so Yuri, Wolfram and I headed to bed since it was getting late. That night, I dreamt of seeing blood and crying and Julia's face as she lay dying, I awoke with a jolt and panted heavily as I clung to my chest where my heart beat rapidly. I looked around to find myself in my room in Covenant Castle and it was morning.
I looked down at my dress to see it covered in blood causing me to almost scream before I covered my mouth is horror and disgust.

I immediately began to check for wounds, but there wasn't any.

So if it's not my blood, whose is it?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.3K 593 22
When you and Yuri were younger you were in pairs figure skating together but you could only go to Russia during winter break. One year you had to lea...
42.8K 1.3K 23
"you were blue like water, and I couldn't wait to dive in." in where tables turn between two rivals, and water dries eyes. {complete}
26.6K 636 13
Sequester (v.) To isolate or hide away Y/N is running from the Galra when she happens upon the paladins of Voltron. The blue paladin strongly resembl...
8.6K 137 12
Y/n is on a never ending journey. He had made some friends during his travels. what awaits him now.