The Girl With Two Buns. A Nej...

By Subby_star

When Tenten, a poor village girl, needed money for the antidote for her guardians illness, she was quite fort... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
🎊 👏 500 reads!🍻🎉
21
22
23
24
25
26
🎊1k reads!🎊
27
28
29
30
COMING SOON
🎬🔔🔔🔔🎬

7

992 59 15
By Subby_star

Tenten had no opportunity to explore the country with Neji as he had important matters to attend to as the crown prince. She had to wait outside paper doors for long hours on her knees which caused her terrible aches and cramps.

Finally, the paper doors were opened by the servants and Neji stepped out of the meeting room. Tenten stood up slowly in order to avoid a muscle strain and gave him a smile for his meeting with the king of the country of whirlpools ended early. The smile on her face dropped when she saw the weary look on his face though. She guessed that she would not explore the town or look for Tsunade anytime soon.

“Shall I prepare the bed for you?” Tenten asked to which Neji answered by giving her a nod. She bowed and followed behind her prince to the bathhouse where he changed into his undergarments while she warmed up his bed. Immediately the lavender eyed beau set his head on the pillows, he fell asleep.

Tenten watched as the prince slept and soon became mesmerized by his beauty. Soft snores escaped Neji’s half open mouth as his face relaxed with sleep. His dark brown hair sprawled gracefully on the bed and strands of it covered his face which Tenten gently removed with her fingers.

This man was handsome, unearthly so, and though he was a traditional stuck up jerk, he was a sweetheart. Neji specialized in subtly showing affection which Tenten, a good reader of persons, found out after spending some time with him. The cinnamon haired girl sighed as she caught herself staring; he was royalty and she a commoner, a maid. There was no way he could ever come to be with a like a lowlife like her.

Tenten gave a small sad smile as she watched Neji. She was contented with just being around him so she would not ask for anything more.

By the time the first rooster crowed, Tenten was up and doing her usual morning routine. She took her bath at the servants’ bath and got into her pink and blue servants’ kimono. Tying her hair in its usual buns atop her head, she gave a short morning prayer and ran to the prince’s bath to set the place. She sometimes assisted in bathing Neji or washing his beautiful hair. Tenten went to get the hot canteen to warm Neji’s futon, taking extra care not to wake his sleeping highness.

Neji slept from late afternoon to the next morning which made Tenten wonder whether something was wrong with him. He had refused dinner when she went to wake him up last night and went back to his slumber. Was he that tired? Tenten went to fetch his breakfast when she glanced at the sundial and saw that it was almost seven.

“Your highness, it is I, Tenten.” She announced and waited for his command to enter. When he did not answer, Tenten frowned and called louder to which Neji answered this time. “Ohayo gozaimasu. Did you sleep well?” She asked as she set the table and Neji slipped unto his futon.

“I did, thank you. I suppose royal duties made me weary.” Neji commented with a slight yawn. Even when he just awoke, Neji was radiant. Breakfast passed smoothly with Neji feeding Tenten some of his food. It had now become a routine so the concept of indirect kisses was lost to the wind. Tenten frowned when Neji took only a few bites of his food before he stopped in favour of feeding her instead and decided to call him out on it.

“You should eat more your highness.” She said as Neji extended his arm to feed her with tender mutton. The man paused and looked at her as if she were a strange creature but said nothing as he dropped the chopsticks.

“I shall take my bath now.” Neji announced and made to stand up when he was suddenly pulled back by Tenten. A slight yelp escaped Neji's mouth as he landed on the futon with a small thud. Neji sent a glare towards his maid but it fazed her none for she was used to it.

“No you shalln’t. Please Neji-sama, eat at least a few bites and I shall release you.” Tenten pleaded.

“This is the first time you addressed me as sama.” Neji pointed out to Tenten’s exasperation. The woman groaned and cast her own glare at the smirking prince. “Fine, I shall eat but a few bites.” Neji succumbed to her cute frown. “But you must feed it to me.” He added with a slight smirk and a raise of his perfectly arched eyebrows.

“Your highness, you are indeed a flirt.” Tenten deadpanned.

“Only with you, Tenten dearest.” Neji chuckled when Tenten glared at him and opened his mouth, signaling for her to start with her feeding. After breakfast and a bath, Neji summoned Tenten into his chambers and beckoned her to sit opposite from him.

“What do you need?” Tenten asked. Neji, used to her occasional snide remarks, picked up a box from underneath his bed and set it on the table for Tenten to pick. “What is in it?” the young woman asked as she took the wooden box.

“Open it.” Neji smiled his rare but beautiful smile that Tenten loved so much.

The girl with buns opened the wooden box and gasped when she saw what it contained. With shaking fingers, she lifted the kimono and examined it. It was very beautiful and made with expensive material unlike her mediocre servant kimono. It was rose pink in colour with black flower patterns and blue birds embroidered onto it.

"Neji-sama, it is so beautiful!" Tenten gushed as she hugged it to her chest.

Neji smiled at her reaction. "Hinata-sama assisted in choosing it. There is a fireworks festival upcoming in a fortnight in honour of Hinata-sama and Naruto's engagement." Tenten's eyes lit up at the sound of a festival, she loved festivals. "I recall a promise of a tour to you, are you prepared to leave?" Neji asked.

"Hai!" Tenten beamed and tucked the kimono gently back into the box. She left Neji's quarters to change into her casual attire which consisted of a dark green blouse on wine loose trousers. Neji wore a white kimono top on loose white trousers, a deviation from his usual white yukatas, and the both of them set out.

They visited the town which was being prepared for the fireworks festival. There Neji tasted dangos and natto for the first time. He ate only a few as he was not one for sweets and fed Tenten with every snack they came across, taking occasional bites upon Tenten's request.

It was much fun taking a walk around the village. The townsfolk were a friendly people and the place had beautiful scenery. When it was sunset, Neji led Tenten by hand to a place she knew nothing about. Upon physical contact, both felt tingles of electricity course through their veins but did not release the other as they were comfortable. Neji’s hand was cool while Tenten’s was warm which made the perfect match.

When they got to a shore, Neji stepped behind Tenten and allowed the woman to take the scenery in. The chestnut haired girl gasped at the beauty of the sea. The sun was already setting into the sea which made the clear waters reflect its orange hue. The sky was painted with orange, purple and dark blue colours as birds flew across it in their V formations, the colours which were reflected on the sea. Neji placed a hand on Tenten’s shoulder as he stepped behind her, making the girl tense up slightly, and pointed at something on the sea.

Tenten squinted her eyes as she followed Neji‘s finger. A gasp of astonishment escaped her lips when she saw the water folding in and being suctioned into the ocean floor. “A whirlpool!” She gasped and clapped in glee.

“Indeed. Climbing that cliff would allow us a better view, shall we?” Neji asked with his hand outstretched. Pink dusted Tenten’s cheeks as she took his hand and he led her up the cliff. She was no dignified lady but Neji always made her feel like one. Her caramel eyes danced with mirth as she took in the full glory of one of Uzushiogakure’s whirlpools.

Neji watched her and smiled. She looked so innocent and adorable as she expressed her child like wonder so freely around him. He loved Tenten for that, her free spirit. She cared not if he were the crown prince and acted as her cheerful radiant self. Before he could think twice about what he was doing, his arms had snaked around Tenten’s slender waist and his head leaned on her shoulder.

“You are warm.” Was his only excuse as he took in her scent ever so subtly. Her fragrance was cheap and he could smell hints of the myrrh he used in his bath but to Neji, her scent was heavenly. Tenten sighed and relaxed into his hold allowing his warmth to merge with hers. Life was cruel. She was in love with the prince who would never take a glance at her lowly self. Neji felt like destiny was cruel, he fell in love with a woman he would never have. Was this fate’s bitter trick?

Nevertheless, the both of them decided that they would be satisfied with what they shared now. However when feelings start to develop, would they be satisfied?

***

A little NejiTen action for the shippers!💕

*Ohayo gozaimasu- good morning.

Thank you all for reading this story of mine. Feel free to drop your thoughts and ideas in the comment section, I would really appreciate that. Please vote too. It's easy, just click that star(★). Thanks again!

-Star.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4K 190 24
Hinata is doing what she always does love and cheer for Naruto from a far. She watches as he overcomes the many obstacles placed before him and gain...
442 26 3
As far as Neji was concerned, they were friends. Teammates. Platonic at best. So when he picks up a particular piece of literature written in Tenten'...
48.1K 2.1K 47
After the Fourth Shinobi War was over, Tenten could finally mourn the loss of her lover and teammate, Neji. When a strange woman approaches her one d...
1.1K 50 9
Prince Hitoshi isn't much of a social person let alone a romantic one, so when his parents arrange a marriage for him for a desperate political allia...