Entwined ✔️

By omaomagad

They took everything from her ...the damned Werewolves. Her mother, her coven, her freedom. And then, she fou... More

Chapter 1: Luck?
Chapter 2: Vengeance?
Chapter 3: Vengeance.
Chapter 4: Nightmares
Chapter 5: Lust
Chapter 6: Guilt
Chapter 7: Soulmate
Chapter 8: Almost
Chapter 9: Again
Chapter 10: Revelations
Chapter 12: First
Chapter 13: Names
Chapter 14: Survivor
Chapter 15: Coven
Chapter 16: Glimpse
Chapter 17: Black
Chapter 18: Vampires
Chapter 19: Crystal
Chapter 20: Plans
Chapter 21: Alliance
Chapter 22: Spears
Chapter 23: Cells
Chapter 24: Hate
Chapter 25: Tainted
Chapter 26: Proposed
Chapter 27: Red
Chapter 28: Touch
Chapter 29: Quick
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34

Chapter 11: Banquet

10.9K 451 388
By omaomagad

I'm dedicating this chapter to diamonds278
Thank you for your awesome comments and your support. You're da bomb girl!😊

We were seated in the castle waiting to be announced. It was the day of the banquet and it was well underway. It was set in one of the castle gardens and I could see several dignitaries moving around.

I didn't care about them though. All I could think about was Rhydian. I knew he would be here. The thought made me want to crawl under a rock and just die.

Good goddess, I'd kissed him.

I'd tried to get out of attending this event, lying that my back still hurt but the Dowager Luna had refused which was more annoying because Willow had been allowed to stay back.

The last time I'd seen Rhydian ... Alpha prince Rhydian, I'd been angry. Now, I was scared. I'd slapped him for crying out loud. What if he had me arrested for laying my hand on him like he did with Brutus? Goodbye Ardenite ...goodbye life! If I had to die then I'd rather it was for exacting revenge on Werewolves ...I think.

Getting my revenge and then freeing the others had been well at the back of my mind lately and I felt horrible for it, but all I could think of was what would happen when I saw Rhydian again.

Alpha prince Rhydian.

" Ughh!" I groaned out loud and it wasn't even because of him. The corset I was wearing was slowly seeping the life out of me. The Dowager Luna herself had supervised the fitting and had pressed the omegas attending to it to make it tighter and tighter till my waist was incredibly small and my breast were jutting out.

Milah gave me a sympathetic pat on my back. She unlike Sierra and I had been spared the ordeal of wearing a corset. Sierra had wanted to but the Dowager Luna had insisted on it for me.

" It's only for three hours." Milah said.

Three hours?

The corset coupled with the stress I was facing would probably get to me before Rhydian did.

Aspen rushed to where we were seated.

" Come on ladies." She said. " You are about to be announced."

I struggled to get up. I was certain I wouldn't last three hours in this thing.

Aspen looked sympathetic.

" I'm sorry but the Dowager Luna insists on it. On the good side you look absolutely beautiful."

As we walked towards the garden, I caught another glimpse of myself in the mirror. I couldn't even believe it was me.

The dress I was wearing was made of a blue brocade material that matched my eyes perfectly. It had a full skirt and a sweetheart neck with long sleeves. My hair had taken almost an hour to perfect mainly because of the Dowager Luna's dissatisfaction. It was held up in a loose updo with cascading curls.

Sierra had taken one look at me and said,

" Why is the Dowager Luna putting so much effort into your attire?"

I had no idea either. My dress had obviously taken longer to make . She had supervised my hair and was constantly hassling me over my posture ...as though I could even slouch in this corset.

I had shrugged and said,

" Because you look beautiful effortlessly, unlike me." That had pleased her and she had twirled around in her silvery ball gown for my appreciation.

We got to the garden entrance and I heard someone talking.

"...ladies of the court, Milah Leonidas." And Milah stepped out.

" ...Sierra Fairchild." And finally,

"...Devenity Bellefleur."

I took a deep, calming breath and stepped into the garden.

The Dowager Luna had honestly outdone herself. I'd thought this was supposed to be a banquet. This was just like another ball. There was even a Fae Orchestra dolling out soft music. There were several tables filled with food and fruits arranged decoratively.

The Dowager Luna beamed approvingly as she took my hand.

" Smile." She whispered hotly with a perfect smile glued to her perfect face and I immediately plastered a smile on my face.

" Come along." The Dowager Luna gestured to Sierra and Milah.

" As a result of your bed rest," she said to me. " You have not yet been introduced to the soon to be reigning monarch ...properly." She muttered underneath her breath.

Oh no.

I was almost hyperventilating as she led us through the throng of people, using my hand fan at superspeed to try to calm myself ...until the Dowager Luna took it from me.

" Ahhh here we are." She said as me when we reached a particular cluster of people. " This is his royal highness, Alpha prince Rhydian Rivinlyte of Aradia."

A huge part of me had hoped that Willow was wrong, that a prince hadn't saved me from Brutus and there had been a misunderstanding. Even though the description and name fitted him perfectly, I'd still hoped. Rhydian sometimes acted like an Alpha but at times, he would joke around and laugh. A lot. Something Alphas rarely did.

I'd hoped in vain though because the person standing in front of me, looking at me with those vivid green eyes, completely void of expression, was Rhydian.

Pontiac Neves had said that when I met the prince, I was to curtsy and acknowledge his titles, then offer my hand for the courtly hand kiss.

I bit my lip and did just that. It felt weird to curtsy to him. I mean ...I'd slapped him.

Rhydian took my hand when I offered it and kissed it softly. It was fleeting but oh ...the shivers it sent coursing through me.

I looked up and our eyes met. His eyes disclosed nothing and made me more nervous. What was he thinking?

" It's a pleasure to meet you lady Bellefleur." He said, his tone clipped.

I swallowed and found myself nodding hard.

" His beta," the Dowager Luna continued . " Carrison Gray." Then she excused herself to talk to someone else.

I curtsyed absentmindedly at the man. As I did, I stole another glance at Rhydian. He was still looking at me.

" My lady," Carrison said with a neck bow. Pontiac had said to offer my hand only to the prince. " I offer my sincere apologies on our absence this week while you were er, ill."

Why was he apologizing for Rhydian? He was standing right there and had a mouth.

" How is your health?" Rhydian suddenly spoke, startling me.

" Oh, good. Good." I said, suddenly all nerves. " I'm really um ...good.''

Calm Deven!

" You're certain?" He asked. Why was he being so polite? I expected a little more roughness. His calm demeanor was unnerving.

I nodded vigorously.

" Yes, your er, highness." I couldn't even talk straight or meet his eyes; I looked at everything other than him. " I'm perfectly fine. My back feels fine. I'm er, fine."

He nodded.

" I'll put that to the test." He said and extended his hand at me, palm up. " Can I have this dance? My lady?"

The Fae Orchestra changed the music. I recognized it. It was the same as the one we'd danced to at the ball.

He wanted to ...dance? Why? And why was there dancing at a banquet? I hadn't even eaten anything yet and why...

" Deven." Milah said, looking pointedly at me then Rhydians hand.

I realized people were watching and I was keeping Rhydian waiting. I quickly grabbed his hand and cringed, wondering if the Dowager Luna saw. There was suddenly amusement in Rhydians eyes as he led me to the floor. All eyes were on us. It was unnerving and a lot of pressure and of course, I tripped.

A gasp went through the crowd as I crashed into Rhydians chest, the corset tightened some more at that. If the ground opened up and swallowed me at that moment, I would have been glad.

" You're incredibly clumsy." Rhydian said, putting his hands around my waist.

And he, was incredibly handsome. He wore just a simple black tunic shirt, fastened with a small emerald that brought out his eyes and he looked utterly scrumptious.

Focus Deven!

" I can't dance!" I said heatedly.

" I noticed." He said, dryly.

I glared up at him. The amusement in his eyes was clear now. He actually was enjoying this. To reciprocate, I slammed my foot into his. The only sign he gave that he even felt it was a raised eyebrow.

" You really are bad at dancing." He observed. " If you want, I can teach you." His voice became low. " Privately."

I rolled my eyes.

" I'll pass."

Where exactly had all my nervousness gone?

" Why didn't you tell me who you were?" I questioned.

He shrugged.

" It didn't seem important." He twirled me around. As I got back to him, I tripped again and was slammed into his chest. Again.

The corners of his mouth came up and I realized he had done that on purpose. I shook my head at him.

" You didn't think it was important to tell me you're the Alpha of Aradia."

" Yes." He said, simply. " Besides, your being clueless was ...refreshing."

" And my being clueless earned you a hard slap." I said and cringed. Why did I just remind him of that?

His grin grew though and he said.

" It wasn't hard by any capacity. Your hands are rather soft.".

" So ...you're not going to have me arrested?" I asked quietly and the surprise in his eyes gave me my answer.

" Arrest you? Why would I do that?"

" I laid my hand on you. You arrested Brutus for that."

His face hardened and I swallowed.

" I had Brutus arrested for hurting you."

" Oh." was all I could say. I could feel my face heating up and a smile tugged at my lips. Why did that make me feel so good?

I looked down, unable to look at him, a huge smile growing on my face.

" Also," he said. " I'm not interested in fucking him."

I looked up at him, eyes wide in shock.

" Why would I have you arrested," He leaned closer and whispered for my ears alone. " When I'm interested in fucking you."

The waltz came to an end. With a small bow, his intense green eyes trained on me, he left me there on the dance floor, eyes wide, jaw ajar, too shocked to even move.

Holy moon goddess.

〰️〰️〰️

" Don't you think it's strange? I mean he danced with just you." Sierra said, a pout on her face. She was talking about Rhydian and was annoyed that he'd danced with only me.

Judging from the queer looks I was getting from every female at the banquet, she wasn't the only one but I didn't care.

Rhydians words echoed in my mind.

...I'm interested in fucking you.

It made me feel giddy with excitement. Of course I knew it was what he wanted but hearing him say it ...I couldn't help the smile that was on my face.

Sierra pouted some more.

" And what were you two talking about? I could have sworn I saw him smile."

" I don't know Sierra. Why don't you ask him." I said covertly scanning the crowd for Rhydian. He was talking to some people, a bored annoyed look on his face.

My gaze dropped to his lips and I was hypnotized by their movement.

I'm interested in fucking you.

I bit my lip, my heart thudding. I so badly wanted that.

Suddenly, he looked up, his eyes arresting mine. A small grin teased his lips. What was he thinking about?

I decided to try something out. Slowly but deliberately, with my eyes still on his, I bit down on my bottom lip, smiling with what I hoped was seduction.

Even though we were far apart, I could feel the air thicken. I could literally feel his arousal ...and it was arousing.

"...damn those sexy lips." Those thoughts slid into my mind. They weren't mine and I was momentarily confused.

Someone suddenly grabbed my hand. My eyes widened in recognition.

" Czar! What are you doing here?"

" I arrived with the others a few minutes ago." He said, his tone gruff. " I need to talk to you." He added and dragged me away without even a glance at Sierra.

" What is your problem?" I complained, pulling my hand free but not until he'd dragged me far from the party.

" You and the prince, what the fuck was that?" He yelled.

He'd seen that? Good goddess, had Cayden also seen that? Was he here too?

I pursed my lips.

" Don't raise your voice at me, Czar. If you have something to say, I'll listen but not if you're like this."

" The hell I have something to say!" Czar exclaimed.

I nodded and turned to leave but he quickly said.

" Ok, ok. I'm sorry." He shook his head. " It's just, I've been stressed trying to find an Ardenite. I took a job as a Jewelers apprentice to try to find some but it seems the only people with Ardenites in Aradia are the royal pack."

" That's no reason to shout at me, but it's alright." I said. " I've been a little held back in my search for the Ardenites but I won't stop. If the only place to get one is in the palace then leave it to me. You can focus on the supplies we'll use when you're out."

I decided not tell him about Brutus, or Willow. His hate for Werewolves was already so great. I didn't want to push him to the edge.

He nodded.

" But you and the Alpha prince, when you were dancing, it looked like there was something going on between you two."

" Well there isn't." My first instinct was to lie and I went with it. Czar would never understand whatever it was going on between Rhydian and I. Even I didn't understand it.

" Why would there ever be? Don't forget, Werewolves destroyed my coven. I can never get involved with one." I said. It was a good thing he couldn't hear my heart beat.

Czar smiled.

" Good."

" Devenity?"

When I heard Caydens voice, my heart lit up. I turned and he was there. I was so happy to see him, I hugged him.

" It's so good to see you!" I said noting that he looked down.

" You too." He said. " You look, amazing. I almost didn't recognize you."

I beamed at him but he didn't smile back which was so unlike him

" Are you alright?."

" Is something going on between you and the prince?" He blurted and I understood why he was acting differently.

Czar patted him on the shoulder and said,

" No." In a reassuring tone and once again I was glad no one could hear my heart beat. My corset was suddenly a lot more tighter and I shifted uncomfortably.

Cayden looked immensely relieved.

" Thank the goddess. For a minute I thought ...thank goodness!"

I nodded and went with it. I couldn't tell Cayden about my er, encounters with Rhydian anyway.

" So," I said, my voice unusually loud, the corset squeezing the air from my lungs. " What are you doing now?"

Cayden finally smiled.

" I'm going to start training in the palace as a cadet in the non-wolf guards." He said.

" In the palace?" I asked, not feeling sure about that and yet not sure why.

" Yes. I thought that way I could um, be closer to you."

I didn't know what to say that so Instead, I nodded and smiled.

" Deven?" Cayden said, his voice low again. " You're sure, nothing's going on between you and the prince?"

I nodded again and took his hand to reassure him of my lie.

" Of course, Cayden. You know I would never lie to you."

〰️〰️〰️

I was as far away from the party as I could get. I could hardly breath thanks to corset and I'd lied, straight to Caydens face. It made me feel sick. I was utterly disgusted with myself.

It was one thing to lie to Czar and another to lie to Cayden.

In a way ...it wasn't really a lie. In a way. I mean what was going on between the Rhydian and I? It wasn't really anything ...so it was nothing ...in a way.

With a sigh, I sat down on a bench but seating only made the corset dig in deeper. I rushed to my feet, feeling faint. I decided I needed to get back to the castle and get rid of the corset.

" I can fucking smell them on you." Someone said

I turned. It was Rhydian. He stood a few feets away, bristling with so much anger but I felt too weak to even be startled.

"What? Who?" I asked

" Fucking Cayden." He said, moving closer to me. I found myself staggering back. " And Czar? It seems your list of lovers never ends."

He was standing in front of me now, his fiery eyes on me.

He was at it again. He'd seen us talking and maybe he'd seen the hug with Cayden. He was clearly the jealous type. The really, really jealous type ...he was literally the green eyed monster but right now I wasn't in the mood to argue with him. I wasn't even physically capable if it.

" Listen, Cayden is just my friend. He might have feelings but it's not the same for me." I was literally panting now. It was getting harder to breath. " And Czar, for goodness sake, he likes Milah." I said staggering towards the castle.

" Deven?" Rhydian called out. I could hear the worry in his voice now but I couldn't stop. I had to get away and get the corset off.

Rhydian caught up with me
easily.

" Devenity!" He exclaimed at the look on my face, his hand went through his hair. " What's wrong with you?"

I pointed at my waist desperately.

" The corset." I choked out. " It's too tight."

Rhydian nodded and took a look at all the fastenings on the dress. With one move, he tore the waist and despite the pain, I cringed. The dress was the type that took months to make.

" Fuck!" Rhydian hissed at what he saw. I couldn't see what the boundary between the corset and my skin looked like but if it looked as bad as it felt, then it looked horrible.

Rhydian took as much of the corset as he could. His hands on my swollen and bruised skin was incredibly painful and I cried out, grabbing his arm. With one move, he ripped it off and the pain the release caused was blinding.

I saw the panic in his eyes ...then I saw black.

I need some help guys. The only insults I know is 'bitch' annnd I'm using it a lot🙃. I want to switch it up, so -yes I know it's weird- if you have any suggestion let me know in the comments or PM. Thanks ❤️

Byeeee.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 317 30
I take a step back and every step I take he matches it with one of his own. He reaches his hand out infront of me and grabs me by my throat. He pins...
512 1 32
Mindlessly, my hand reached up from beside me, my fingertips begging for just a touch. My hands craved to feel the body made perfectly for mine, to f...
5.3M 141K 80
I was walking down the hallway when all of the Sudden I feel a hand grab me and pull me into a janitors closet . I let out a scream , not knowing w...
2.4M 74K 50
#2 in Werewolf 12/05/18 Mated to a Beta and marked by his Alpha. A unique twist on the clichéd possessive Alpha stories. "W-what are you doing?" I s...