βœ“ | TWO YOUNG HEARTS◦𝒑𝒆𝒕�...

By samwnchesters

TWO YOUNG HEARTS ━━ ❝ The beautiful thing about young love is the truth in our hearts that it will last forev... More

GRAPHIC GALLERY
INTRO
EPIGRAPH & PLAYLIST
ACT ONE: TEENAGE DREAM
1 - SIMPLE CRUSH
2 - ACCIDENTS HAPPEN
3 - HEY BROTHER
4 - ALMOST A START
5 - LEISURE TIME
6 - JUST US
7 - GIRLS DAY
8 - FRIENDS FOR LIFE
9 - HOME AGAIN
10 - FIELD TRIP
11 - PENIS PARKER
12 - FAMILY FEUD
13 - CHANGED BOY
14 - PARTY TIME
15 - HARD TIMES AT MIDTOWN HIGH
16 - SWEET ESCAPE
17 - GET THE BOY
18 - SUPPORT SYSTEM
19 - YOUTUBE SENSATION
20 - DAMSEL IN DISTRESS
ACT TWO: EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED
21 - ALL I WANT
22 - SECOND CHANCE
23 - MOVIE DATE
24 - STICKY PLAN
25 - OKAY SPIDER-MAN
26 - SNOWBALL SMACKDOWN
27 - STUDY SESSION
28 - SO NOT COOL
29 - STRANGER DANGER
30 - I LOVE YOU
31 - YOUNG LOVE
32 - BAD LIAR
33 - CLOSING TIME
34 - TAKE A CHANCE ON ME
35 - LITTLE TALKS
36 - MERCHANT OF DEATH
37 - I LIKE ME BETTER
38 - WINDOW KNOCKER
39 - TO BE A HERO
40 - TWO YOUNG HEARTS

EPILOGUE

1K 33 12
By samwnchesters

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

11:56 PM DECEMBER 31ST,
OSBORN PENTHOUSE, MANHATTAN

LIGHTS FROM BUILDINGS DANCED ACROSS THE NIGHT SKY. People of all ages and ethnicities crowded the lively streets of New York. Shops were closed and instead, parties were being thrown with wine and sparkly party hats. Loudness was around every corner, voices and music filling the empty silence that would've been there if it was just another ordinary day, but it wasn't. It was New Year's Eve, and the entire city was waiting for the new year to begin so they could have a fresh start once again to redeem themselves or have another chance to do better as a new person with a new year. So much joy had flowed into everyone with the passing of Christmas, and even more appeared as New York got ready for the world famous Ball Drop.

Celebrity after celebrity appeared on Dick Clark's New Years Rockin' Eve, singing their latest hits or stopping by for a quick interview. The giant Time Square ball had moved more, increasing the energy and activity of the city within miles of the exciting event that was crowded with warm bodies in the light snow. Snow hadn't been around since Christmas when it gifted Queens with a white Christmas, but it was obvious it was planning to make its decent into the new year with everyone else.

And from the tall glass window Alissa was standing by, shadows casting across her face, she could see the ball drop. Fireworks were constantly dousing the darkened sky in colors despite the wetness of the snow. No one was going to let the snow keep them from divulging into 2017 the best way they knew how.

"You know, the party's in the other room," a soft voice said, emitting a laugh from Alissa. Gwen appeared beside her, a glass of water in her hand. As much as she had a desire to drink and party like the other teens that constantly didn't it during Harry's well known parties, she couldn't. Mary Jane had already found her way to a liquor cabinet, wanting to feel something just a little more. Alissa had stuck to the punch, but quickly ditched the idea after she saw someone pouring liquor into it. "But. . .this is beautiful. Very beautiful."

Alissa breathed out in content, nodding in agreement. A loud boom echoed in the sky before them, red and blue sparking up in the shape of a spider. "Ah, I see they made some Spider-Man fireworks," she said, giggling. "Maybe he was added in to the Avenger ones, too."

Gwens eyes were clouded with something  as she stared at the grin on Alissa's face. "For the longest time, you hated Spider-Man," Gwen noted, sipping on her water. Alissa turned away, looking back out the window while the blonde continued. "You always kinda liked Iron Man, but just recently you started to like Spider-Man. Why is that exactly?"

Alissa puffed out her cheeks, pursing her lips in thought. "He's a hero, Gwen. A-And I need to open my mind to new things, and that includes all superheroes, especially ones that save my brother," she answered, biting back a wider smile.

Gwen let out a hum of approval, taking a step back. "That's great, really. It's about time you try new things," she playfully giggled. "And I should probably try to get back to Flash."

Alissa spun around, raising a brow. The blonde innocently grinned, tilting her head as Alissa gaped. "Wait. . ." Alissa closed her eyes, holding out her ginger to her best friend; the one who was meant to tell her everything, "Do you—Are you trying to tell me that you and Flash—"

Gwen quickly shook her head. "Oh, no," she denied, faintly smiling. Alissa still felt unsure, a blush creeping on Gwen's pale heels. "Maybe one day, though. . ."

Alissa squealed in joy, hurrying over to Gwen. "That's amazing, Gwen," she beamed. "I mean it. He deserves something good in his life like you."

Gwen's blush deepened. "Thank you."

Alissa grinned, bumping her elbow with Gwen. She nodded her head towards the door of one of the empty guest rooms that Alissa had found in her attempt to get a few minutes away from the loud music and chatter, "Let's join the party. Maybe Pete will be here, and hopefully he didn't forget his mask." Gwen grinned, nodding in agreement.

Harry preferred a typical teenage party with booze, loud music, and the dress code being whatever anyone wanted to wear would be acceptable. But a certain dark haired girl who had swept him off his feet had convinced him into having a masquerade type of party. They didn't have to dress up in $1,000 ballgowns or suits for the night, but they did have to wear a mask and something a little more nice that simply casual. It was a little out of the ordinary for Harry, but everyone was enjoying it, especially Alissa.

As the Alissa and Gwen exited the dark guest room, wiggling through the crowded hall just outside the room, Peter finally arrived, wearing a bright red mask over his eyes. A red button up was nicely iron and placed over his firm chest, paired with black jeans and sneakers; it was a little more than casual in his defense, and underneath all of it was his Spider-Man suit.

He could never be too careful after the accident that had happened at Liz's party.

Alissa pushed her hair away, the curls hair cascading down her back in dark ringlets. Medium colored makeup adorned her features, her brown eyes more prominent behind the black mask that somewhat hid her true identity. A red long sleeve dress dangled at her knees, a few sparkles specked around the collar, wrists, and under the waist line. Sneakers were on her feet as well; no matter how hard Gwen and Mary Jane had tried, the girl wouldn't budge into wearing different  shoes other than her treasured sneakers.

"Hey, look over there!" Gwen shouted, carefully grabbing Alissa's chin to look at the crowded dance floor of couples. "It's MJ and Harry!" True to her word, Alissa saw a glimpse of their friends, swaying to the slow rhythm of some One Direction song. Alissa glanced aside, smiling widely when seeing Carter and Liz, the couple singing to the song with each other. Alissa grinned, feeling her heart swell in admiration of the older couple.

"May I have this dance?" Alissa and Gwen both turned, Alissa's face lighting up at the sight of Peter. With the Spider-Man mask, being able to tell that it was him was a struggle, but when she could see his grin and the sparkle in his eyes with his masquerade mask on this time, it was easily him; and that made her grin.

Alissa wanted to leap at the opportunity and say yes, but she remembered Gwen was right beside her. But as she turned to the blonde to ask if it was okay, she saw a dark haired boy in a white mask and suit was guiding her away. Alissa let out a little laugh, facing Peter. "I'd love to."

"Great," he said, holding his hand out for her to take, "I know just the place."

Alissa's brows furrowed, her hand taking his and feeling him begin to lead her in the opposite direction of the dance floor. "Wait, where are we going?" Alissa asked, the slow song coming to an end and Sia's voice filling the penthouse before silence could consume it.

Peter only smirked over his shoulder, winking. "Just wait."

"I don't wanna wait," Alissa childishly pouted, her steps becoming hesitant when Peter led her to the emergency staircase leading to the rooftop. He stopped by the laundry room, retrieving their coats and handing Alissa hers. Following his lead, she shrugged on the black jacket, clasping their hands together again. "The roof? Peter—"

"Do you trust me?" Peter asked, hand on the door handle that led straight out onto the roof. All he needed to do was push.

Alissa nodded. "I do."

Peter grinned, pushing opened the door. "Good," he said, jogging over to the ledge with Alissa. He panted out a breath, the cold nipping at his exposed skin. His free hand reached into his pocket, pulling out the Spider-Man mask. A newfound gleam shimmered in his eyes as he turned to his girlfriend. "You wanna see the ball drop up close?"

° ° °

Alissa was terrified, but also extremely excited. All her life she wanted to go to Times Square to watch the bell drop into the new year. Scott and Kelli always told her no, though, due to how crowded it would become. This year, they were there, and since Alissa and Carter had a party to go to, they didn't even want to this time. Brian was at a party as well, but his was a lot more relaxed and instead of drinking alcohol or playing spin the bottle, he was drinking orange juice and playing Monopoly, and with his boyfriend and their close friends. But Alissa still wanted to see the ball drop up close, but maybe not as close as she and Peter were.

"Pete, oh my god!" Alissa shouted, her hood fluttering in the wind. She had taken off her mask, deciding against wearing it as she stared Peter through his Spider-Man mask. His hands were firmly placed on her hips, her arms tightly wrapped around his shoulders. Her legs were shaking, eyes flickering around wildly. "How—I'm pretty sure this is illegal."

Peter laughed, sliding up his mask to be a little up past his nose. "It probably is," he laughed, fingers wiggling on her hips. "But we won't be here much longer, and you know, you did say you wanted to see the ball drop in person."

Alissa panted out a laugh, shivering in the cold air. "Doesn't everyone? And yeah, I mean, I did say that, but I didn't say I wanted to be on the ball!" She meekly protested, letting out a yell as the ball slightly moved. Her eyes snapped up to Peter's, a gasp spilling from her glossy lips. "It's moving!"

While the producers of the Dick Clark's New Years Rockin Eve wanted to get the two off of the ball, they couldn't. Once the ball began to move, there was no stopping it. Down below, the tourists and New Yorkers seemed to like the idea, screaming out for Spider-Man and the girl with him. Most of the big screens were lit up with the ball, but a few were zoomed in on Spider-Man and the girl with him, Alissa's face being hidden in her hood or by Spider-Man's figure at every angle.

"10!" The crowd shouted together.

Alissa nervously gulped, offering Peter a timid smile as the official countdown finally began. "I know you're nervous," Peter said—nine—"But so am I."

Alissa's head perked up. "Really?" Eight. Peter nodded.

Seven.

"Kiss her!" A few fellow crowd members hollered, earning a laugh from Peter and Alissa.

Alissa shifted, moving her feet closer to the boy as he pulled her body closer.

Six.

Scott and Kelli shook their heads, knowing that that was their daughter up there with the superhero. They were both certain that there were people waiting at the bottom of the ball on the roof who would retrieve them as soon as the ball reached them.

Five.

"Oh, she is so grounded," Scott shook his head.

Four.

Kelli laughed, facing her husband. "Let's let her have this one," she said. "She's had a rough year. Maybe this'll be the a better start for her; for all of us."

Three. "God, I love you," Scott said, grabbing Kelli and planting their lips together with no intentions of breaking the kiss until they were in 2017.

Alissa cleared her throat, biting her lip. Two. "This is it," she murmured. Her nerves were bubbling in her stomach, shaky breaths being seen in the chill of the air. Peter gulped, one hand going to her neck. "I love you Peter."

Peter beamed. "I love you too."

One.

Alissa and Peter leaned forward, being swarmed with cheers and hoots from down below. Fireworks exploded in the night sky, the hues coloring the snow in every shade and shape there was known to man. Couples, friends, and strangers kissed, wanting to share in the joy with someone other than them self.

Alissa cupped Peter's cheeks, deepening the kiss, not caring if her friends at the penthouse were watching them. And they were.

Gwen and Flash has shared a quick and sweet kiss, giggling and gasping at the sight of Spider-Man kissing someone on top of that ball. Liz and Carter had kissed for well over the required time, Liz being the one to point out Spider-Man on the TV once to break apart. Needless to say, Carter wasn't very happy to see his sister there. And after Harry and Mary Jane broke apart from a kiss—the kiss that confirmed their relationship after Harry asked her to be his girlfriend—their eyes fell on the TV, cheering for the superhero and whoever his mystery girl was.

"'Atta boy Spider-Man! Get it!" A voice shouted from the roof the ball was attached to, causing the teens to finally break apart. They rested their forehead together, panting from the cold and the kiss. "That was some kiss, you guys!" The voice continued. Alissa glanced at Peter, realizing the ball had finally stopped moving. Their were people waiting for them. Alissa's eyes widened. "Now get your asses down here and we can arrest you."

Peter cleared his throat, pulling down the mask. "And that's our cue," he whispered with a laugh, wasting no time in wrapping an arm around Alissa and jumping just as a ladder was placed against the ball. "Thanks for the ride!" Peter hollered out at the men, Alissa's laugh resonating through the air as she swung through the streets of New York with Spider-Man—the boy she loved dearly.

Never in her wildest dreams did she think she would end up like this, and it never would of if it hadn't been for two young hearts connecting and for one them to harbor some silly little crush on the other.

° ° °

Alas, here is the epilogue, the end of this book!

I truly hope this chapter was okay and a good way to end this book! It took me a while to think of an idea for this with me bouncing between doing them opening their presents on Christmas Day or the last day of school, but I thought this was much better, and cuter, than the other options! I concluded a lot of things in this, and hopefully everything that I didn't already!

And now, for the meaningful note:
Thank you, thank you, thank you so freaking much to everyone who's read this book. And here is a very special thank you to starfragment being the one to give me this wonderful plot in the first place! I know I started this book over and over many times, but I hope you liked this and that I did it justice for you!

And all of the love and support I've gotten from all you has truly meant the whole world to me and I can't thank y'all enough for sticking through this journey with me! I've made so many wonderful friends through the making this book and I am enterally grateful for all of you! From every vote and comment, I have been thankful and just over the moon from the support that it seriously makes me smile! So, thank you, to all of you. It means a lot to me! 🥺😭💛

As always, please leave your thoughts about this chapter, or even the book as a whole. Lastly, thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

408 65 16
Couple of years has passed and Hope Danvers is back with a mind full of questions and confusion. Within her journey she discovers several tragic even...
56.5K 2.7K 20
❝ bliss could have been your greatest friend. ❞ ( story by tommysmiller οΌ‰ ( quentin beck x female oc οΌ‰ ...
20K 162 80
just a couple of kids with scarlet hearts, slowly falling in love. β™‘ contains mild language β™‘ (majority) lowercase intended β™‘ a tom holland fanfic β™‘...
4.7M 141K 52
❝Y/N Parker? I like the sound of that.❞ // ❝Yeah, me too.❞ | Peter Parker x Reader | SECOND PLACE WINNER OF THE TURQUOISE AWARDS! THIS BOOK IS COP...