Sidlink: My precious pearl (C...

By Fivesosisnotonfire

Fivesosisnotonfire. 2020 - 2021 Wattys 2021 More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40 (Final)
Author's note

Chapter 20

384 7 0
By Fivesosisnotonfire

Within a few short weeks that really flew by I mean, it felt like only yesterday that Ganon was defeated, and the castle was back to its former glory....kind of, well the best it could be. Anyway, Zelda had reunited with all the races of Hyrule and the race elders. It was fine and well until we got to Zora's Domain, I mean it was great to see Sidon and King Dorphean again but something seemed different. Something about King Dorphean was different, he was acting like he first did when we first met during Ruta's rainfall. There was definitely something he wanted me to know but couldn't spell out the words, Sidon was energetic and positive as ever during our stay before we departed to see the remaining race which was the Rito. But I couldn't help but think about what was wrong with King Dorphean during the rest of our journey. Even when we got back I was still worried and confused, I was currently sat in my bedroom thinking what could have possibly happened but my thoughts were interrupted by Zelda bursting into the room with a happy expression and high pitched voiced.

"Link!" I smiled and winced at the shriek. "Yeah Zelds? What's wrong?" She shoved the Sheikah Slate into my hands and pointed at it. "Look at the slate! I've never seen it do this before, not even 100 years ago!" I stared at the slate and something was indeed different. The slate was not its usual blue or orange glow, no it was four different neon colours in each corner. A neon yellow in the top left corner, a neon red in the top right corner, neon green in the bottom left corner and a neon blue in the bottom right corner. It was strange. Puzzled by this I took the slate tightly in the hand and examine the colours, the same colours were the colours of four marked points in the locations of each Divine Beast which was even stranger as all the Divine Beasts were free as were the Champions. "Zelds I think we should pay each Divine beast and its elder a visit immediately." Zelda nodded in agreement. "Yes, excellent idea Link! Let's be off."

I nodded, following her out of the castle to our horses, Storm and Epona before setting off. Zelda decided we should visit Zora's Domain again, I felt it was a good idea because I could maybe finally find out what's wrong with the King. But when I thought about it Sidon had been acting weird too, is it a Zora thing? I don't know I just hope it won't lead to anything bad.

****************************************************************************************************

Getting across the Great Zora Bridge and entering Zora's Domain, we greeted Rivan and Dunma at the entrance and Ledo at the entrance pillars before we heard footsteps approach us and a boisterous voice greet us. "LINK! IT IS SO GOOD TO SEE YOU!" I smiled at Sidon as he ran towards me and embraced me in a tight hug, I laughed and hugged him back. "It's really good to see you too Sidon." As we pulled away Sidon looked.....nervous. I wondered why he was acting like this? Was it him? Was it the same thing that was bothering his father? "It is great to see you again too Princess Zelda! Everyone, including myself, has missed you." Zelda nodded, smiling. "It is a delight to see you always Sidon, we have come here as the Sheikah Slate appears to be showing something to do with the Divine Beasts." Sidon's expression changed in understanding. "I see, well it's best you see my father at once. Come with me."

Sidon led us to the throne room where King Dorphean greeted us but he seemed to be happier to me than anyone else. "Ah, Link, Princess Zelda it is nice to see your return. Now I hope this does not comes across as rude but may I ask to speak with Link alone please?" He asked, Zelda, nodded understanding and leaving the room. "You too Sidon, this only concerns myself and Link." "But father! Muzu is still present." Sidon protested. "SIDON!" He boomed and Sidon winced. "Muzu knows of this conversation that's going to happen. Now go and do not make tell you again or make me raise my voice." Sidon nodded sadly before smiling at me and walking away to meet Zelda. "Guards make sure that no one hears of this conversation." Guards blocked the throne room's entrance and stood to wait for further instruction. "Now Link, I know you are confused right now but do not worry I will explain everything." King Dorphean said I nodded completely confused and a little worried about what this conversation endure.

"Link, your parents died when you were young yes?" Well, this was a gloom start. "Yes, my father died in war I think and I never knew my mother I think she died when I was born." King Dorphean nodded, understanding as if he already knew that. "Well, before they died I knew them quite well. Actually, your father was my best friend, and he still is in my heart." I was shocked, King Dorphean knew my parents? I only ever knew my father's name which was Jakok and I must have only been 5 when he died I listened intently as he continued to explain.

"Your father and I met when he was 5 and was I was 18 we were like brothers, I always looked after him making sure he was safe and happy. I miss him dearly, but I was very happy when he announced his engagement to your mother. I was glad he was in a happy relationship because he didn't have much time for his love life because of his knighthood duties. Jakok became a knight when he was around your age, and he met your mother a few years after. Their wedding was beautiful, I was his best man and it was one of the proudest moments of my life. I didn't see your father for a couple of years after that but I assumed he was busy with his new married life. Then again, I was busy myself my queen and I was raising Mipha when she was just young. The next time I saw Jakok was when he visits the domain with you, you were just a youngling but already a brilliant swordsman as Jakok and his colleagues saw you best adults in spars at the mere age of four."

I laughed, listening to King Dorphean's stories about my parents. He continued until he mentioned my father in quite a sad way, "Link, your father's death struck me hard as I was already fearing for my queen's life." I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why?" He sighed before continuing. "My queen was expecting eggs, the birth only weeks away. Of course, not all of the eggs laid survive, only one or two if we're lucky. Hearing Jakok's death in battle was hard-hitting, but I was worried about one thing. You." I was surprised King Dorphean even thought about me. "Me? You were worried about me? Why? You already had things to worry about." He nodded, "yes but knowing that my best friend's only child was out there somewhere alone shook me to my core. But as I mentioned I couldn't do anything until the eggs were laid. The next few weeks were painful, My queen gave birth and as the last egg was laid she was lost. I was upset but glad that the children survive that's what she would have wanted." I thought as he continued.

"Unfortunately as you know not all eggs hatched. Sidon was the only one who hatched and I am so grateful every day to have him as my son. Shortly after I was still worried about you, you still had no parents. So I told Muzu to look after Mipha and Sidon, I called some guards and I left the domain in search of you. I found a good few hours later wandering around your home area, you were looking for your parents and had been for weeks alone. I told the guards to stay where they were while I approached you to take you home, I was expecting you run away but you recognised me from your visit to the domain before Jakok died. You ran into my arms and I held you tight, you are the last piece of my brother left and after losing Jakok, your mother and my queen I couldn't lose anyone else dear to me. I took you back to the domain and brought you to this very room, I knew Mipha would have been ecstatic to see you, but I didn't want anyone to know about you just yet."

It was clear, memories were rushing to me. My father, the first time I saw the domain, reuniting with King Dorphean in the rain when he rescued me from being put in an orphanage. I know what happened between the years now, I didn't need King Dorphean to tell me. I was kept hidden in the domain from everyone apart from King Dorphean, I grew up under his influence until I was 15. We spoke every day and he told me to sharpen my sword skills and I did every day until I wanted to honour my father. I asked King Dorphean to fill in the blanks in my memories and he did.

"Of course Link, when you were 15 you come to me and told me you wanted to become a knight to honour your father. But I bet you weren't expecting to become Zelda's appointed knight were you?" I shook my head laughing. "I couldn't stop you but I didn't want to lose you like I did Jakok, I helped you leave the domain without being noticed and we had our last conversation for a long time. You told me you would return a knight and make me proud, you called me Uncle Dorphean as you did when you were younger and it makes me so proud of you every time I heard that name. You left and your absence remained until you came back with the princess of Hyrule looking for a Champion for Ruta. I looked at you, you were smiling at me now a young adult at the blossoming age of 17.

I couldn't be more proud of you, I still did sometimes see you as that young child in the woods near your home just after Jakok died. But now, you were a powerful knight, you had grown so much since I last saw you. When Mipha saw you again we were both sworn to secrecy and I acted like this the first time I saw you in years. Pulling you aside you hugged me and that was another one of best moments of my life, seeing you again as a skilled young knight. The princess' appointed knight no less." I smiled looking up at him. "What were you like after the first strike of the Calamity, I mean what was your thoughts?" He sighed and nodded. "Well after losing Mipha to that infestation that had corrupted Ruta, I prayed to the goddess Hylia. Please, please. I have already lost too many important people in my life. My best friends, my queen and now my daughter. Please, protect my son. Please don't let him have this fate.

I hoped and prayed that the goddess answered my wishes but when word got here that you had fallen in combat and wounded severely protecting the princess, I had no hope left. I sobbed in silence, my heart had shattered. Sidon did his best even though he didn't really understand what was wrong, he assumed it was because of Mipha and I went along with it to everyone. I never mentioned you but you were always in my heart and thoughts."

I nodded as he started to tell the events just before I met Sidon. "100 years passed and I knew that even if you survived the strike of the Calamity you wouldn't have survived 100 years with a Hylian lifespan. Ruta's rampage was merciless so I asked guards to search for a Hylian but Sidon volunteered so I let him search with a few guards to help.  When Sidon brought you back here, I was shell shocked, ecstatic, relieved and confused. Many emotions at once when I saw you again, but when you told me you had lost your memory I didn't want to scare you so that's why I haven't told you until now." He finished, I nodded. "So the key information is you personally knew my parents, your basically my godfather/Uncle and no one knows of this except you and Muzu." "Yes, I am sorry you never got to hear this until now but I only wanted to do what Jakok wanted for you. But I hope this means we can be closer again, I have missed you son."

I smiled and ran up to the platform in front of me, King Dorphean picked me up and hugged me before setting me back down and ruffling my hair. "Thank you for telling me everything and being honest with me..." I paused. "Uncle Dorphean." He gasped and smiled so wide I thought his jaw would break. "Oh, Link! Thank you, son, and even though we aren't related by blood I still love you as if you are my own." I nodded and he concluded our conversation, letting the guards unblock the entrance. Sidon came bolting in with that beaming smile on his face. "My goddess, are you finally done? Link I would like to speak with you." I sighed, "ugh, you too. I am very tired of speaking Sidon, please tell your story is less lengthy. Sorry." I turned to Uncle Dorphean and he shrugged. "No harm Link. Just go with Sidon." I nodded and we left the throne room, walking past Zelda who seemed very confused.

"I'll explain later," I whispered quickly and quietly, she nodded and headed towards the inn. Sidon took us to a small secluded area behind a waterfall not far from the throne room, we sat down on a sofa bed type thing in the room. "Now Link, this is my room and I have brought you here because besides the throne room this is the only place you're gonna get privacy to talk. I sighed, I wanted to talk to Sidon but I was so tired from my lengthy talk with Uncle Dorphean and not to mention it was already late by the time he had finished. "Sidon, I do want to talk and listen to you but I am really tired." He gasped. "Oh, my dear friend! I am sorry! Go on, rest! We talk tomorrow." He let me out and we said goodnight before I retired to the inn to find Zelda already sound asleep.

I smiled, paying Kayden for a water bed and falling asleep almost instantly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 67 10
After the defeat of Calamity, the Champions are revived. Link struggles with the aftermath, collecting lost memories of those he cares for. [Link/Mip...
131K 3.5K 26
𝑖'𝑑 𝑛𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 ℎ𝑢𝑟𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢, 𝑙𝑖𝑒𝑓𝑗𝑒. - copyright 2022 @moriohradio all rights reserved
27K 517 50
COVER MADE SPECIFICALLY FOR THIS FANFIC Fanfic Revali x Sheikah! Reader. The reader has no specified gender in-text so male, females, non-binaries an...
280K 8.3K 47
In a fit of anger, you lock yourself in your room. Your parents are controlling, your friends are in different countries, a man insists on marrying y...