The Hunter [Aang X Reader]|Hi...

By AnnZera

Water. Earth. Fire. Air. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony; Then everything changed when t... More

Introduction
(Name)'s Appearance
The Boy in The Iceberg
Meet Aang
The Southern Water Tribe
The Avatar
Protecting My Tribe
Rescuing the Avatar
Morning Shenanigans
Snowy Mountain
Avoid
Hiatus

The Abandoned Fire Navy

1.3K 41 10
By AnnZera

Book One|Water
Chapter 4

-Narrator's Point of View-

-At the Fire Navy Ship-

The Firebending Prince went into a firebending stance facing two Fire Nation Soldiers in front of him. His uncle, Iroh is sitting on a small chair next to them.

"Again." Iroh sternly said to his nephew and prince, Zuko.

Zuko spreads his arms towards the direction of the two Fire Nation Soldiers, showering. them with flames. The Firebender from his left blast fire causing Zuko to shift his weight and duck. The Firebender from his right runs towards him and aims a blast in his feet. Causing the teen prince to propel himself out of the way. He twists his body mid-air and pulls out another fire blast with his hands and aims it to two Firebenders. Both soldiers jump out of the way, avoiding Zuko's flames. The prince lands on his feet and stretches his arms out towards his adversaries, waiting for the next attack.

Iroh sigh and stand up. "No!" He exclaimed. Zuko lowers his arms and looks at his uncle irritatingly. "Power in firebending comes from the breath." He demonstrated by putting his hands in front of him the emphasize a breathing motion.

"Not the muscles." He stretches his left arm out as if to firebend he lowers his arm and look at his nephew. "The breath becomes energy in the body. The energy extends past your limbs and becomes fire!" He explains and sends a fire blast directly to his nephew, the fire evaporates before it touches Zuko.

"Get it right this time!" Iroh said as he put his hands in front of him, his fingertips touching each other.

"Enough." He said in suppressed anger and walks towards his uncle. "I've been practicing this sequence all day! Teach me the next set. I am more than ready." He ordered to his uncle, his stance is slightly stiff.

"No! You're impatient," Iroh sternly said and sit back down, "Besides you have yet to master your basics." He looks at Zuko with a stern gaze. "Do it again!" He yells his order to his nephew and the Fire Nation Soldier.

The hot-headed, and angsty, prince clenches his teeth in anger. He then suddenly directs a powerful fire kick toward one of the soldiers. The soldier attempts to deflect it using his firebending but is unable to and is thrown back. He turns back to his uncle.

"The Sages tell us that the Avatar was the Last Airbender," Zuko said as his anger becomes apparent. Iroh looks at his nephew with a displeased look, not liking his attitude. "He must be over a hundred years old by now. He's had a century to master the four elements! I'll need more than basic firebending if I want to defeat him."

Iroh look at his nephew in distressed and speaks, "Are you even a little concern that the Hunter might be out there waiting for the Avatar!" The fire prince only looks at his uncle and spoke in a cold tone.

"I was told that the next Hunter was a Waterbender from the Southern Water Tribe. Yet my father makes sure that all Waterbenders were eliminated for the past years there is no way they can survive." Iroh simply looks at his nephew doubting every word he said.

"But it's still possible fate is a funny thing after all. The Avatar can't balance the world without the Hunter and the Hunter can't balance the world without the Avatar." Iroh said and looks at the horizon.

"Without each other they're broken. Their is a reason why a soul can be seen in two bodies. Some things are too strange and strong to be coincidences after all. " He said while looking at his nephew with a smile. Zuko doesn't seem to care for the old general's wisdom and angrily glare at him.

"I don't care! You will teach me the advanced set!" He yells his face seething with anger.

Iroh gave him a reluctant look. "Very well." He said in a dire tone. His expression quickly changes into delight as he grabs something in the ground beside him. "But first, I must finish my roast duck." He happily said and start to munch down the roast duck quickly with delight much to the prince's dismay.

"Yum, yum, yum." Iroh hum in delight.

Zuko just groans in annoyance.

-Back to the Water Tribe-

-Narrator's Point of View-

Sokka swiftly paces to and fro, sternly looking at the group of people in front of him while (Name) looks at her brother training the group of 'men' while raising a brow and tilting her head to the side as she sits at the side.

'What the heck is he doing?'

"Now men, it's important that you show no fear when you face a Firebender," Sokka said sternly and brings out his club and raised it towards the sky proudly. "In the Water Tribe, we fight to the last man standing! For without courage, how can we call ourselves men?"

(Name) looks at the group of 'men' who are just six uninterested boys looking quite bored lounging around.

'He does know he is talking to children right?' (Name) thought while raising a brow at his brother who keeps on looking at the boys sternly waiting for a reply. It was complete silence when suddenly a boy from the back raises his hand

"I gotta pee!" The boy urgently said causing (Name) to giggle while Sokka to angrily look at them.

"Listen! Until your fathers return from the War, they're counting on you to be the men of this tribe, and that means no potty breaks!" He emphasized the last sentence while swinging his arms around in a criss-cross formation.

"But I gotta go!" Sokka sighs at the boy's request and looks a the other 5 boys in annoyance.

"Okay, who else has to go?"

Then every child immediately raises his hand. Sokka looks surprised for a second before face-palming in frustration while (Name) laughs at her brother's distressed and looks at the boys with a gentle smile.

"Be back around 5 minutes alright." She said to the boys who all nod eagerly and went to the outhouse igloo. While the two siblings wait Katara walks towards them with concern.

"Have you guys seen Aang? Gran-Gran said he disappeared over an hour ago." She said with a concerned tone.

(Name) looks at her sister a bit worried when she heard what she said. "He's not with you?" She asked and her eyebrows furrowed when Katara shook her head. Then suddenly they heard laughing causing the three siblings to look for the source of the voice to see Aang playing with the six boys. Sokka groan looks at her youngest sibling.

"(Name), get him out of here. This lesson is for warriors only." He irritatingly said while crossing his arms. (Name) looks at her brother with a raised brow and a smile.

"What's wrong with having a little fun once in a while?"

Sokka looks at her sister angrily causing her to flinch.

"We don't have time for fun and games with the War going on!" Sokka angrily shouts causing. (Name) and Katara tries to calm their brother down when suddenly a hand was placed on the youngest sibling's shoulder causing her to turn around to see Aang looking at them confused.

"What war are you talking about?" Aang questioned causing Sokka to look at Aang with a dumbfounded expression and a raised brow. While the two sisters look at each other.

"You're kidding right?" Sokka asked in disbelief not believing what he just heard.

Aang looks questioningly at Sokka and looks ahead, his expression changes to enthusiasm when he catches sight of an otter-penguin who looks back at Aang and quickly waddles off. Aang looks at (Name) with a hopeful expression.

"Come on, (Name) you promise me that we will go penguin-sledding!" (Name) smile and nod.

"I did promise you that I will go penguin-sledding with you." She said causing Aang to cheer making the 12-year-old girl laugh while Sokka looks at the whole exchange with disbelief.

Katara gave the two a knowing smile and sigh. (Name) looks at her sister and smiles.

"You wanna come with us, Katara?" Katara shakes her head.

"No thank you sis and besides I have..." Katara trailed off thinking of an excuse. "Chores! Yeah! I have chores to do."

(Name) raised a brow and looks at Katara. "But I thought you finish your chores a few minutes ago." Katara just laughs, ignoring her sister's remark and lightly push the pair.

"Have fun you guys~" Katara chirped. Before the young Waterbender could reply Aang suddenly grab her wrist an excited look on his face.

"Penguins!" Aang enthusiastically exclaimed, using he's airbending to enhance his speed he dashes towards the direction of the otter-penguin dragging (Name) along with him who screams at the sudden rush of wind. Leaving Katara and Sokka in the dust.

"Aang! Please slow down!" They heard their little sister yell as she was drag by the Airbender until they were out of there sight.

"He's kidding right?" Sokka repeated his question before as Katara let out a small laugh, Sokka just looks at her not knowing how to react at Aang's expression.

----------------------------------------------

After a few minutes, the two pre-teens finally found a waddle and a raft of otter-penguins. (Name) took some deep breaths as Aang finally came to a stop and excitedly chase the otter-penguins while (Name) just smile at him

'Adorable.'

"Hey, come on little guy. Wanna go sledding?" Aang cheerfully laughs as he chases the penguins around. Then suddenly Aang jumps at the penguin, but the animal easily evades the attempt making him belly flops into the snow.

(Name) covers her mouth and lets out a small giggle and walks towards Aang who quickly erects himself using his airbending as she comes up beside him. (Name) dust the snow in his shoulders and smile at him who bashfully smiles back.

"Heh, heh. I have a way with animals." He then started to imitate the penguin by waddling while making honking noises causing (Name) to laugh. As if her laugh is like a beautiful melody Aang blush and scratches his cheek while smiling cheekily at (Name).

"You'll make a great penguin one day, Aang." (Name) jokingly said amused by Aang's impression. Aang sticks his tongue out and laughs at her comment, and start chasing the penguins again.

Looks at Aang gave him a smirk. "How about this Aang, I'll help you catch a penguin if you teach me and my sister waterbending." She negotiates as she looks at Aang failing miserably in trying to catch the penguin in front of him causing him to flop face-first in the snow. The Waterbender couldn't help but giggle.

Aang sticks his head out and smiles at her. "You got yourself a deal! Just one little problem ..." He airbends himself in a sitting position and looks up at her with a frown. "I'm an Airbender, not a Waterbender. Is there someone in your tribe who can teach you and your sister?" His question causing the young Waterbender to frown and sit beside him looking at the sea.

"Sadly no," She honestly answered and look at Aang sadly. "My sister and I are the only Waterbenders in the South Pole." Aang looks at with sadly and tries to comfort her.

"This isn't right. A Waterbender needs to master water." Aang said and started to think.

'What if I take her and Katara to the North Pole. There are a lot of Waterbenders up there.' Aang thought and nod her head in agreement with a determined look on his face. Aang turns to look at her who looks at him confused as she saw the expression on his face.

"What if I take you and Katara to the North Pole? There is another Water Tribe up there, right?" Aang asked her who look at him eyes blinking and gave him a nod. "Maybe they have Waterbenders who could teach you."

(Name) bend her pointer finger and place it under her chin as she thinks. "That could work." She said to herself and snaps herself out of her thoughts as she remembers something and looks at Aang.

"But we haven't had any contact with our sister tribe for years." She reminded him and continue, "It's not exactly "turn right at the second glacier".It's on the other side of the world." She emphasized the last part with a hopeless expression.

"You forgot one thing, I have a flying bison. Appa and I can personally fly you to the North Pole." Aang excitedly said and softly grab your shoulder and give it a light squeeze and softly smile at her. "(Name), we're going to find you a master!"

(Name) looks to the side unsure about Aang's proposal, Aang seems to understand and gets up, he gives her a reassuring smile.

"Well, you think about it, but in the meantime, can you teach me to catch one of these penguins?" He asked. (Name) nods and gets up, she went near the sea and use her waterbending to catch a fish.

After a few seconds, a bubble of water appears with a fish inside floating in mid-air. (Name) looks at Aang and smirks.

"Watch and learn."

----------------------------------------------

"WOOHOOO!" Aang shouts in delight as he sleds in the snowy slopes of the South Pole with (Name) trailing behind him laughing and giggling, each sitting atop a penguin.

They soar through the air, before landing on one of the slopes. They race each other using ramps and tunnels to do tricks, laughing and giggling all the way. Unfortunately, their fun comes to a stop as they reach the bottom of the slope. They both get up from their penguins and thank them for the fun ride all the while petting their head, the penguins cheerfully honk and waddle back to their family.

(Name) and Aang bid goodbye to the two otter-penguins with a smile plastered on their face.

" I haven't done this since I was a kid!" (Name) happily said, a nostalgic smile on her adoring her lips. Aang looks at her playfully.

"You are a kid!" Aang responded with a laugh. (Name) playfully punch him in the shoulder.

Aang stops laughing and looks at the structure behind (Name) in awe.

"What is that?" He asks in awe all while pointing at the structure behind her.

(Name) looks at Aang in confusion and turns her body on what Aang was pointing, she started to glare as soon as she saw the structure in front of her. The structure Aang was pointing at was a large metal Fire Navy Ship, it's hull was submerged in ice.

"A Fire Navy Ship. And a very bad reminder of my people." (Name) said her voice had a slightly dark tone in it as she glares at the Ship in hatred.

Her expression changes into a shock one as she sees Aang walking towards the wrecked ship. She stopped him before he gets any closer.

"Aang what are you doing! We're not allowed to go near it! The ship could be booby-trapped!" She said as she looks at the big ship with a scarred face.

"Don't worry I will be there to protect. I promise." Aang said reassuring the girl with a gentle smile on her face.

"You promise."

"I promise."

(Name) ponders at Aang's promise and hesitantly nod, Aang grabs her hand and they started to walk closer towards the ship. With the help of Aang, (Name) manage to climb some blocks of ice and they both crawl through towards the hole in the hull of the ship.

The ship was eerily quiet as they walk through the halls of the ship the only sound that can be heard is their footsteps. Two minutes have passed and the found themselves entering a room full of weapons.

"How did a Fire Navy Ship get here?" Aang asked a bit confused as he inspects the stored weapons.

"It was a long time ago, Gran-Gran was a kid back then when this all happened." (Name) said as she inspects the weapons closely. "It was part of the Fire Nation's first attacks. They said something about the Hunter being a Waterbender in the South Pole and the attacks didn't stop until when I was 5 years old." She explained in sorrow and pick up the Qiang and inspects it.

Aang swiftly turns to her with an unreadable expression. "Okay, back up. I have friends all over the world, even in the Fire Nation." Aang said to her while gripping tightly the Guan Dao in his hands. "I've never seen any war."

(Name) looks at Aang with a shock expression and place the spear back in its place. "Aang, how long were you in that iceberg?" She asked slowly with a serious expression. Aang just shrugs and nervously look to the side.

"I don't know, a few days or weeks maybe." He answered with uncertainty.

"I think it's more like a hundred years!"

Aang looks at her in horror, " What?! That's impossible! Do I look like a hundred-twelve-year-old man to you?"

"It's the only reason, you said that you didn't know any war and the war is a century-old." (Name) conclude making Aang's expression changes into comprehension. "Somehow, just somehow, you were in there the whole time! It's the only explanation."

Aang looks at the floor saddened by the newfound discovery he let go of the weapon in his hand and let to fall making a loud sound. "I can't believe it... a hundred years, (Name)." He muttered and closed his eyes.

After a few seconds, a feeling of warmth surrounded him, surprised by this feeling he quickly opens his eyes to see (Name) hugging him her arms are wrapped around his waist her chin rested on his shoulders, the feeling of warmth and comfort that radiates in her hug makes the Airbender blush a deep red and unconsciously hug her back with a small smile on his face.

After a few seconds (Name) broke the hug, much to Aang dismay, and smile warmly at him. "Everything is going to be okay Aang and besides," She gives him a teasing smile to lighten the mood and continue, "You did get to meet me."

Aang laughs at her statement, remembering what he said to her in the village. "I guess I did!" He cheerfully said. Seeing Aang's now happy and cheerful expression makes (Name) smile.

"Come on let's head back." She said while the two exit the weapon room. After a few minutes of wandering around the ship (Name) feel a sinking feeling on her stomach as they kept on walking.

"We should probably head back soon this place give me the creeps." (Name) worriedly said as she grips Aang's hand tightly. He softly grips her hand to reassure her.

"Don't worry we'll find a way out," Aang reassured her as they enter the bridge of the ship. Then suddenly he trips over a thin wire causing him to stumble forward and let go of (Name)'s hand. Suddenly a metal door slides downwards over the entrance trapping them.

"What's that you said about booby traps." Aang nervously said while (Name) gasp in horror.

The gears in the shipwreck suddenly power up and suddenly a flare is fired and explodes high in the sky.

"Aang! We gotta get back to the village!" (Name) yells in panic. Aang looks around and saw a hole just above them.

"Hold on tight!" He instructed and carry (Name) in his arms causing her to yelp and wrap her arms around his neck tightly as he uses his airbending to jump several feet into the air through the hole.

-At the Fire Navy Ship-

-Zuko's Point of View-

I peered through my telescope when I saw the flare beginning to fire at the abandoned ship. I look closely at the ship to an Airbender jumping several feet into the air.

"Finally the last Airbender," I said and smirk that I have finally found him. I look at him jumping from one part of the ship to another.

"Quite agile for his age," I muttered a bit impressed. I turn to the soldier that is near me and angrily point at him. "You! Wake up my uncle! Tell him I found the Avatar!" I ordered him who quickly went inside the ship.

I peek at my telescope again to see the girl wearing Water Tribe clothing beside him as they ran towards what it seems like his hiding place. I look at the girl and squint my eyes.

"That can't be..." I muttered and shook my head.

'No... they died centuries ago.' I thought to myself.

-At the Southern Water Tribe-

-(Name)'s Point Of View-

We ran closer to the village to see my people waiting for us at the outside of the walls of the village. As we get closer I saw the village children become upon seeing our return.

"Yay there back!" The children yell joyfully at our return. They all crowded around us laughing and giggling. I look down and let out a small smile as I pat the head of a little boy. I look up at the rest of the village to see them looking at us with a stern and offended faces.

Then suddenly Sokka steps out of the line his face seething with anger while Katara follows behind him with a worry expression.

"I knew it! I just knew it." He said angrily and walks closer to us. I step forward to place my hand in front of Aang trying to protect him from my brother's wrath.

I look at him with an apologetic face and reasoned with him. "Sokka-" I started to talk but flinch when he glares at me. He walks pass me and towards Aang, I was about to stop him when suddenly Katara place a hand on my shoulder and gives me a firm look. I just sigh and hope that Aang wouldn't get beaten up.

"You signaled the Fire Navy with that flare! You're leading them straight to us, aren't you?" My brother said while accusingly points a finger at Aang who looks at the ground with a guilty look.

I started to protest when I heard the words that fly out through my brother's mouth, " Aang didn't do anything! It was an accident." I tried to walk towards them but Katara held.

"We went to the abandoned Fire Navy sh-"

"(Name)!" Katara gasp and sternly looks at me, "We told you not to go on that ship!" I just look down at the ground guiltily.

"It's not my fault I'm curious." I muttered quietly, but I don't think everyone heard me because Gran-Gran continued talking, "What were you thinking, (Name)! Now we could all be in danger." She exclaimed. I just look down on the ground.

"Don't blame (Name). I brought her there. It's my fault." Aang admitted lifting his head looking at Sokka, "I was the one who tripped the flare not her. So if you're going to punish anyone, punish me instead."

Hearing the confession from Aang, Sokka angrily and somewhat cockily looks at him, " Aha! The traitor confesses! Warriors, away from the enemy." Sokka commands the children who sadly walks away from Aang and went to their mothers. "The foreigner is banished from our village."

I angrily pry myself out Katara's hold and stomp towards my brother. "Sokka you are going too far." I angrily said as I jab my pointer finger into his chest. "I willingly go with him so it's my fault too."

Sokka just rolls his eyes and crosses his arms. "I promise Dad to keep both you and Katara safe." He said while giving me a stern glare. "Can't you see I'm protecting you from threats like him!"

I look at Katara for help but she only looks at me with a hopeless look, I feel dejected and look at Sokka in desparation.

"Please Sokka, he is not an enemy." Sokka just ignores my claims, this makes me sigh angrily and declared, "Fine if your gonna banish Aang, then I'm banish too!" Sokka and Katara look at in shock as I walk towards Aang who looks at me confused.

"(Name) you ca-"

"Come on Aang we're going." I coldly said ignoring Sokka as I drag Aang towards Appa.

"Hold on, where do you think you're going?" Sokka demanded making me turn my head to Sokka and coldly looks at him.

"To find a waterbender. Aang is taking me to the North Pole. I want to improve my waterbending" I stated while helding my head up high as I boldly look at him.

Aang perks up a smile slowly crawls his way to his face. "I am!?" He asked giddly making me look at him with a small smile.

"Would you really choose him over us." Sokka reasoned making me hitch my breath and freeze, he continues, "Your tribe, your own family."

Aang held my shoulders and looks at me with a sad expression. "He's right (Name), this is your home, their are your people they need you." I was about to protest but he squeezes my shoulders and continues, "I don't want you to leave just for me."

I felt tears threatened to form in my eyes. "S-s-so this is good bye then." I dejectedly said as tears poured from my eyes. Aang wipe my tears away and gave me a sad smile.

"I-I-I'm so sorry, (Name)." He chocked out his eyes turn glossy. I gave him a tight hug in which he returns and wrap his hands around my waist. 

He gently pulled away."Well I guess this is goodbye." He whispered, I frown and shakily nod my head and give him a sad smile.

"I guess it is..." I said and gave him another hug and rest my head in his shoulder. "Take care of yourself and be safe okay?" I muttered in his shoulder and I feel him nod.

Katara came and put squeeze my shoulder gently letting me break the hug. Aang sadly looks at me and walks towards to Appa. I let out a shaky sigh as Katara comfort me. Aang boarded Appa and gave me one last look 

"Appa, yip, yip." Aang said and the bison walks away. Aang glance at me one more time and turs away.

-Narrator's Point of View-

The siblings and their grandmother watch as Aang and Appa slowly disppear in their sight as the village trudge back inside the village. (Name) hung her head down as she doesn't see the duo anymore while Katara soothes her telling that everything is gonna be okay.

"Finally he's gone." Sokka scoffed.

"Are you happy now?" (Name) muttered her hands slowly turn into fists as she tremble. Sokka just carelessly shrug.

Sokka looks at her sister and gave her a stern look "I'm trying to keep you safe. He is dangerous!" (Name) looks up at him and scoff at her brother's reply.

"Sokka, Aang is not dangerous." Katara said trying to defend the boy. "He is fun to be around with and he makes (Name) happy."

"It doesn't matter! The Fire Nation might be coming and we don't have time for fun."

"Yeah right! Ever since mom died you've been acting like this!" (Name) yells in rage. "Beacause of you I don't have a chance to become a Waterbender or travel the world!"

Sokka gave her a look and cross his arms. "What is so special about him that makes you like this?"

She was about to answer when Kanna gently grab her by the shoulders and gave her a worried look this made Katara and Sokka puzzled while (Name) looks at her in worry.

"What's the matter Gran-Gran?" The pre-teen asked. 

"It's better if we talk at my tent, come (Name)" Kanna said and leads her. (Name) gave one last glare at her brother and follow her grandmother towards her tent.

----------------------------------------------

Yey chapter 4 complete!

I do hope you guys like the chappie.

God the one that I made Iroh said was cheesy. :3

If you guys find some grammatical errors or if some of the paragraphs are lengthy let me know I can take criticism.

Stay bright!

PS: do any of you know how to describe battle scenes or fight scenes? Cause I suck at it. :<

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 73 4
WARNING!!!! The following story contains spoilers of Netflix's new live-action series; "Avatar: The Last Airbender". Read at your own risk. Water 💧 ...
117K 3.2K 18
Having discovered her worst nightmare had come true, Aya is still traveling with her older brother and sister and the Avatar. Aya finally got her wis...
804K 17.3K 65
Guys, I love you, but stop reading this story. It's poorly written. I am slowly uploading the revision version on the account herewerock. You will fi...
106K 2.6K 18
You are a Yuyan Archer, native to the Fire Nation. You are one of the only women skilled enough to be on this elite team. When Prince Zuko was banish...