Horizons of Love✓

By RealityvsDreamss

⚠ Go through Readers' Reviews Section on page 2 and in end of part 40B , it 'll help you decide if story is w... More

About the Story
REVIEW BY READERS
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
NOTE(Very important and not regarding update)
Part 17
NOTE
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21A
Part 21B
NOTE(Point 3 updated)
Part 22
Teaser
Part 23A
Part 23B
Part 23 C
Part 23D
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30A
Part 30B
Part 31
Note[NOT TO BE IGNORED]
Part 32
Part 33 A
Part 33 B
FUN TEASER
Part 33C
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36A
NOTE
Part 36B
Part 36C
Part 37A
Part 37B
Part 38
Q & A
Part 39A
Part 39 C
Part 40 A
Part 40B

Part 39B

6.2K 403 339
By RealityvsDreamss

THOSE WHO MISSED TO VOTE ON INDIVIDUAL CHAPTER WHILE READING IN FLOW, PLEASE TAKE OUT 5 MINUTES AND VOTE ON THE PARTS THAT YOU THINK DESERVE IT. IT MEANS A LOT TO WRITER. LOW VOTING CREATES DOUBTS AND MISCOMMUNICATION.

YOU CAN ALWAYS POST YOUR QUESTIONS REGARDING PLOT LINE, POV AND ANY OTHER DOUBT IN Q & A IN TABLE OF CONTENTS or IN THE CONCERNED CHAPTER. IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE IN POSTING IN COMMENT SECTION, PLEASE SEND YOUR REMARK IN INBOX DIRECTLY. THANK YOU.

HAVE A GOOD READING. DON'T FORGET TO PLAY THE SONG.

Not proofread

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Everyone was meeting and greeting the returned ones, excitedly unwrapping their gifts when Payash while cuddling Aru and stealing bites from her bowl of ras-malai dropped the bomb. 

"We want to make an announcement. Umm...We are three-weeks pregnant."

Everyone stood up straight, gawking at the comfortably sitting couple with mouths hanging open, waiting them to repeat it. The forever-pink couple, Akashji-Payalji became conscious and stood up as they repeated it shyly and told that doctor confirmed it three days before. They thought, it would be nice to inform whole family together. 

Khushi jumped to hug her sister for not disclosing it till their return. The preggo couple soon got attacked with hugs, shouts and kisses from everyone. Arnav whispered a one-liner about mood-swings in Akash's ear besides congratulating the couple. Scared Akash mumbled his another, "Bhai, aap..." (Bhai you...). Arnav patted him sympathetically, "Good luck Akash, I know you can do it."  Best reaction was of Mami who after blessing the couple, wept all over Akash ke Papa - it was time to go phor a char-dhaam(4 holy places) philgrimage. 

***

Khushi enjoyed at home, helping here and there, spending time with everyone as her college was over. She was successful in submitting her thesis in December first week, after two corrections( much to Arnav's annoyance over her lack of perfection even after his several warnings to sincerely proof-read or her labour of years will get rejected).She got a viva date of February, first week. It was just a viva, she had thoroughly prepared it but still, she alone in whole family of more than 10 members was on Arnav's hit-list. Aloo, who had his very important KG Exams, escaped easily after reciting vowels & consonants;  >,<, = and colors. Yes, just by naming colors!!! His Daddy dearest allowed him to have another chocolate for pointing out - RED, GREEN, BLUE!!! 

Another weird piece from her own tummy, was damn excited about play-school like her brother had been.So, the Daddy's girl was off the radar too with few mindless scribbles and alphabets. He would easily let them off the hook everytime but Khushi just has to switch on the TV, sit down in living room for gossip and he would appear out of nowhere to start his lectures! Only spending time with pregnant sister, who was still going to restaurant, was excused. The businessman thought PhD was a deal - work hard for it and there, degree 'll be on his table! To achieve his target, he would lock her in study for hours and hours while everyone else had fun. Level of his dictatorship can be judged from the fact that she had not watched a single movie in past month!!! And her stupid family was busy gushing over his dedication towards HER career!  She can write an essay on similarities between Arnav Singh Raizada and her cynical professor Mrs. Bhatnagar who thinks PhD scholars must eat, drink, sleep, breathe their research only. 

You're my end and my beginning
Even when I lose I'm winning
'Cause I give you all of me
And you give me all of you.

This intense pressure reached heights when even her tiny-miny kids started repeating his dialogues, "Mummy, ek mahine ki to baat hai. Ek baar aap Doctor ban jaoge to hum bhi sabse kahenge. Humari Mummy to Doctor hain!"("Mumma, you have to study just for a month. Once you get degree, we can also tell others that our Mummy is Doctor"). Over-matured minions of Daddy didn't know the difference between Doctorate and Doctor.

The curfew was finally lifted when trio picked her up from University after the Viva of the year, bombarding her with how was it? Pass or Fail??? It was neither...just fine. She was 'almost' sure of getting her doctorate degree in 4 months and in twin celebrations - they went for an early show of 'Early Man'. Arnav somehow sat through the animated comedy as KAA gushed throughout, what he knew for sure would be a box-office flop. Khushi couldn't stop grinning sadistically as Aloo and Aru pestered him on their way to the restaurant with, "Daddy, you also love Nooth?" "Daddy, Hognob was like Oggy na?" "Daddy, Dug was so funny!!" After daily doses of Shinchan, Doremon, Chota bheem and Oggy, he could only grimace and say yes, yes and yes! 

Double celebrations coz, Khushi who had applied for the post of Assistant Professor in govt. declared 1,225 vacancies last June, had cleared the interview. Many from her college had got selected with preference given to DU scholars in Delhi vacancies. Her job as Assistant Professor(Grade 1, adhoc basis only, 70k per month, at Saket study centre of IGNOU) was to begin next semester only. It 'll take atleast 3 years to become permanent and research performance would definitely increase her chances. Only problem was, Saket centre was in opposite direction of all three -CP(Arnav's office), DPS RKPuram(Aloo's school) and Little Pearls(Aru's play school). So, no more 'joint rides', she could only act as volunteer driver till she joins in August. Khushi was satisfied with herself. She had no shame admitting that she never had 'reach- the- top' dreams, always wanted to have a simple steady job, peaceful life and that's what she was living. Not being ambitious in today's world didn't feel like a crime to her. 

Payash quadrupled the celebration. Arnav's blessing to his 'fast friend', SIL Payal, "May you become the fattest pregnant lady in the world", came true. Doctor had already suspected that she was carrying twins and the same was confirmed in ultrasound checkup that day - they were identical twins. The news didn't hinder Payal's work-life for now, but Doctor advised her to go on maternity leave by end of fourth month, i.e., 1st week of April. With Anjali, Shashi and now even Khushi free to assist them, Payash were not at all worried about it. 

As Arnav had no foreign trips lined up for next few months, Akash had no problem in syncing his office timings with his wife who started handling accounts and online part of their restaurant. Hilarious part was Akash's anxiety regarding how he 'll handle three delicate people, also shot up. He started experiencing nausea, disturbed sleep and bloating - all symptoms of sympathetic pregnancy. Family was having great time in this new experience of taking care of two pregnant persons. Arnav suggested him to start working from home as twin pregnancy needs more care and he needs rest. With Aman meeting girls for arranged marriage - rejecting them and being rejected himself, Arnav's workload had increased for sure. But he knew to manage office was much easier than answering Akash's absurd questions of "Bhai, what if I bathed same baby twice? Bhai, how 'll I identify them? Bhai, what if both cried at the same time? Bhai, how to change both diapers together?"

***

Sumit Arora was getting irritated now. Anjali Raizada hadn't received his calls for third day straight after sending him a dismissive message of two words - "Its over". And this being Valentine week with romance choking the air, wasn't helping his mood. His girlfriend aka almost fiancee can't behave so ridiculous over such a small matter! But she behaves childish on small matters only, you already know. Still, this is not done! Who sends 'Its over' two days after deciding to get married? Whats going on in her mindless brain!

He needs to do something. He won't let his relationship of 2 years and 8 months vanish in thin air. He wont!  Its high time, he talked to his to-be BIL. He has helped him so many times,  he should return the favor!  He drove to AR. 

Arnav had got worried when Aman told him, detective wanted to meet him urgently. But all his stress-lines vanished when he saw the state of man in front of him. Arora looked restless, fidgety and irked about something and most importantly he looked nervous. Arnav immediately donned a blank face, internally grinning. His worry had dissipated with Sumit's non-verbal cues. He could bet his sister was the reason behind all this. Finally after 2 years, he 'll spill the beans and maybe need his help too. 

Sumit didn't have to work hard to read his face. Smugness was literally dripping! Arnav wasn't going to make it easy for him, he realized. But he wont back out now. "Raizada. Look, I know that you know"

"What???", Arnav hid his shock at this new info and kept his face expressionless.

"Come on, stop pretending!"

"I ain't getting you. Be. clear. Mr. Detective"

"Raizada, you do know that I am dating Anjali!!!"

"So?"

Sumit frowned, all confused, "Won't you jump at my throat or punch me with 'how dare you' or something like that?"

Wasn't anger the most predictable reaction of Arnav Singh Raizada, the brother of Anjali Raizada? Sumit had come all prepared for anything but this 'So?' 

"Arora, FYI , I know this, since the day you personally handled Sheetal Kapoor's fiasco. I had my doubts earlier too but you cleared them by getting her information of past TEN YEARS in mere four hours! You wouldn't do that just for sake of professionalism", Arnav rolled the paperweight towards him.

Sumit caught it, grinning, "Great! So you ACKNOWLEDGE the fact that I bent backwards to save your sorry a...?"

"to please my Di", Arnav interrupted.

"And your same Di isn't talking to me! She sent me 'Its over' three days back and hasn't taken one call since then!"

"Thanks for the information", Arnav went back to his laptop, waiting for the haughty Arora to ask for help. 

"Raiza...Arnav, Don't I look like your to-be-brother-in-law? You must h...", it was tough for Sumit to flatter and request. He was mostly on the other side of the table, esp with this man.

"Brother-in-law? Really? When did you take my permission to date my sister, forget marrying?"

"I don't need your permission to date Anjali! Her consent was enough!!!"

"Then I suppose, you must have come here to invite me to my sister's wedding with you?",  Arnav was enjoying it so much. He finally had upper hand with this arrogant man who always made his investigations look like 'favors' upon him, had dared to admonish him, questioned his orders, in presence of his loyal Aman.

"Ok Fine!!! Arnav, Will you help me?", Sumit finally requested.

 Riled up people are fun, "Arora, I need the magical 6 letter word that rhymes with 'knees' "

It didnt take a second for Sumit to guess the word but he was The Sumit Arora! Best private detective in whole world(acc. to himself)."F*** you douchebag!!!", Sumit barked angrily and left.

Arnav grinned. #BIL goals!

Arnav talked to Anjali in evening. He insisted to know what was wrong and a very busy Anjali asked him for two days time. She 'll tell him everything - from starting to breakup. But they didnt have to wait for long. Someday was already making efforts at a bar. 

***

At RM, 01:00 Hrs 

"Anjali!" 

...

"Anjaaaliieeee!!!"

...

...

...

"Anjalieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee", the man cupped his palms to the mouth, shaking his head, trying to shout at top of his voice. HP rubbed his drowsy eyes again and gave him a weird look, before pressing his palms to his delicate ears once again. The man bent his pendulum frame to gasp a breathe, choking due to strain of shouting as he tried to remember where was the kitchen of RM, but couldn't recall. His parched throat needs water dammit!   

"Come out, you coward!! Face me, if you have guts!!! Anjalieeeeeeeeeeeee.............Koi hai iss ghar mein? Sab ke sab behre hain, iss...iss HP ki tarah!!!!(Is anyone there or you all are deaf like this HP!!!)"

RM residents started to walk out of their rooms to prove that they are not deaf. Nani, who already had trouble in sleeping due to old age, was in foul mood now. She was not at all amused to see a man, struggling with basic body-balance to keep standing, shouting for her grand-daughter, in their living room, at one am in night. 

Sumit kept bobbing his head, looking from left to right, for his ganji in the group before him. They stared at him as if he was new specimen in the zoo. Well that may have been true, had the nutcase not broken up with him. 

Payal blinked twice at Khushi, who understood that this is Di's boyfriend. Akash was the one, most confused and angry to see Sumit Arora, the private detective AR hired several times,  shouting for his sister like that. He didn't want to conclude why this man was shouting for his sister like this, though the why was very easy to guess. Arnav asked Anjali if she needs help but his over-smart Di  dismissed him as she talked to someone on phone. Shrugging coolly, he decided to enjoy the drama and let her handle her mess. 

".......dekh beta, mera phone to vo utha ni raha. Ab tujhe bahar nikalna hai, bahar nikalwa de. Police ko phone karna hai, kar de. Jo tum dono ke mann mein aaye karo!! Meri umar ho chuki hai, mujhe chain se sone do. Iske Papa ko bhi subah jaldi jana hai...beep... beep", the call was cut before Anjali could speak more. ("Look child, he isn't receiving my calls. Throw him out, call police...do whatever you both want!!! I am getting old, so need proper sleep. His father has to leave for work in morning...beep...beep")

Sumit's finally sighted her, "Kar liya Mummy ko phone(Complained to my mother)? What did she say? That you are ridiculous!!! Stubborn as a mule!!!"

"Stop this drama and go back home", Anjali came down and stood before him, trying to ignore that he just called her - Mule.

*

"Anjali, ye kaun hai aur iss waqt yahan kya kar raha hai?", Nani asked her. No 'bitiya' with her name meant Nani was really angry. ("Anjali who is this man and what is he doing here at this time?")

"Nani vo..."

"Namastey Nani. I am her boyfriend, The Sumit Arora", he tried spread his arms to make the signature SRK pose. RM gasped loudly at 'boyfriend'. Arnav came down and stood beside his sister. Sumit hunched down to prevent his swaying body from falling down. What a manner-less Lucknavi family! Didn't ask him to sit even once! 

He suddenly recalled the real issue, looked up at an aghast Nani and made a crying face, pointing an accusing finger towards Anjali, "She...she... brok...broke-up with me three days back, without any reason!!! She is not even taking my calls!!! Phone dikha sabko apna(show your call log to everyone)...I called her 150 tim..."

"Just leave. We 'll talk in morning", Anjali spoke through gritted teeth as she tried to drag him out.

"No, I 'll not... Naniji, she ..." and he tried to move towards Nani and puked midway. Collective 'Ewwwwws' were heard in background as Anjali stared at him with murder. He made a puppy face, holding tight to her as she made him sit on sofa and offered an scandalous explanation, "I am ...m...sor..ry...Anji...vo I a...am not feeling well these days...nausea, headache...I  think..yes...I think, its just like Akash!!! Anji, we are also pregnant!!!!"

"WHAT THE FUCK!!!", Arnav and Akash roared as they moved to hit a confused semi-conscious Sumit, daring him to repeat what he just said.  He yawned loudly and fell back on sofa fast asleep, completely ignorant to the imminent danger. 

Anjali stopped a furious Arnav from shaking him up by collar, "Chotey, Akash stop it. He is drunk, so spluttering nonsense. All that's not true!! ...   Akash, call Rohan(Owner of security agency that's hired by Raizadas and Sumit's bff ) and ask him to take him home"

Audience was too shocked with her cool attitude to react in any form. Nani who was all set to blast her, couldn't believe the way her religious, pious Anjali was behaving!  Rohan came in less than fifteen minutes and took away Sumit, apologizing for his behavior to a thunderous Nani, who took her grand-daughter to task as soon as the two men left. Akash jumped at her next, even as she tried to calm everyone down. Mama-Mami joined Nani, warning Arnav to shut up as soon as he came to Anjali's aid that she is mature enough to take her decisions.

This forced till then silent Shashi to ask Nani to give Anjali a chance to explain things first and clear their doubts. Anjali cleared things to her hysteric family and they calmed down a bit. Akash had a tough time absorbing that his pious sister was dating someone. He didn't know that these two are mutually exclusive things and rained his ire on Anjali. Everyone got the repeat telecast of what Arnav had got around 2.5 years back as Anjali made her stand clear to Akash.

"What ll you get by punching his face hard  just bcoz I dated him? I don't need this kind of protection Akash. And what did you all think? I ll keep crying whole life for all that? Sorry to burst your bubble, I LL NOT. My life hadn't ended with that bastard Shyam and you need to understand that I have all rights to fall in love, get settled again. I have jeopardized my happiness too may times in my foolishness but I ll not suffer anymore. Both times, it wasn't my fault and I refuse to pay for spineless, depraved men I have encountered in life. I am not a glass doll, fit to be just worshiped on a high pedestal. I am a woman who has all possible aspirations in life. I long find my happily ever after, no matter how many times I fail at that. I am not as vulnerable as you think I am. I have become wiser. I m not doing anything that I should feel ashamed of. I don't think I m doing anything wrong. And I have not changed, thrown away my personal beliefs. He was drunk so he said some ridiculous things. You dont need to get worked up over that......... Nani, I m sorry, I know I should have disclosed this much much earlier. But, I wasn't sure, confident enough and then we broke up three days back, just as I was about to inform everyone."

Anjali went on narrating her story- how she met him at the orphanage, in April 2014. His mother(a child- rescuer working against human trafficking) visits it regularly. Once, he had come to pick his mother, who was fast friends with Anjali and then one thing led to other. Some eleven months later into their friendship dates, Sumit had realized that this Anjali Raizada was the  Anjali Shyam Jha, whose case his agency had solved. He revealed it to her three months later when he confessed that he had fallen in love with her. Anjali, who reciprocated the feelings, took her time to realize that his confession wasn't out of sympathy but love and love alone. Their relationship got pretty serious in last one year and they were ready to take the plunge.  

Her family calmed down somewhat and now understood her perspective much better.

Anjali and Sumit had four day earlier, disclosed their relationship to his parents and they had been very happy about it. His mother already admired Anjali and twisted their ears for keeping it a secret for so long. She had given required documents like kundali(horoscope) to Anjali as they planned to reveal it to Raizadas same evening and if everything went okay then plan for Feb wedding.

From horoscope, Anjali found out that Sumit was a year younger to her, not three months elder as he had told her a month before during a discussion. She confronted him and he gave the reason behind the lie, "Anji, you never cleared it in the beginning that you had problem with a younger guy. Neither you asked for my DOB earlier and suddenly that day, after relationship of almost 3 years, you disclosed that you won't marry a man younger to you in age! I was shocked at this senseless criteria that I cant fulfill! I thought, I could tell you truth after marriage"

Angry Anjali got convinced with his examples of many such successful marriages, even ones with huge age gaps. His promise to never lie or hide things from her ever again, his past record seemed to have worked in his favor. He had never lied to her in past 3 years and she decided to let it go. But then he received her 'Its Over' message three days back with no further calls and it rattled him, turned him foolish enough to get drunk and visit her house at one in night after no cooperation from her arrogant brother. 

Arnav's  assurance that several background checks on Sumit had come out all clean, relieved the family. Akash admitted that his experience with the man in question till date has been good. He seemed to be a genuine person.  

Curious, her family now wanted to know the real reason behind breakup now. Arnav wanted to hit his head on wall repeatedly when he heard the reason. He couldn't help letting out a string of curses, feel sympathetic towards Arora. Poor man!

Actually, Anjali had taken their horoscopes to her trusted 'Panditji' who did his 'calculations' and 'found' that their wedding was most unfit one, very harmful for Sumit's life. They weren't just unsuitable but harmful for each other, acc. to the kundali. She then tried to find solutions and the 'learned' priest asked for some days as the pooja to resolve such issues are not mentioned anywhere. So, he 'll need to do detailed 'research'.   Anjali decided to 'sacrifice' her love for sake of his life. She has to do it. For the greatest of love is one that sacrifices. 

Nani who had been immensely angry on Anjali initially, couldn't help feel pity for Sumit! Mamaji sat down and scolded the girl for being heights of idiocy. Raizadas though felt happy that Anjali was finally settling down but they admonished, took her to task her for rest of the night for believing in this horoscope thing to this extent. 

Sumit came to RM next morning and profusely apologized for whatever had happened at night, asking forgiveness for speaking so much rubbish. He turned fuming mad when he found the fantastic reason behind his break-up. Bashing from all quarters, for five days straight made Anjali realize that okay she maybe wrong here. Arnav sat down with her and explained to her that all predictions of priest turned false in Shyam's case and it helped for her to rationalize her thoughts. 

Sumit Softie forgave her foolishness in less than a week and they were again back to planning their wedding. His parents visited RM with Shagun and his mother, a simple and straight-forward woman cleared things to Raizadas, "I really like Anjali, would love it if she became our daughter-in-law. But Anjali, you must realize that Sumit and I, both are into dangerous professions. God forbid, we may get killed, harmed badly, even with highest level of security. Will you blame horoscope or yourself for that and feel guilty? How 'll we take care of you in that devastating  situation? It 'll be very difficult for you to cope up then. I want you to enter this marriage with a clear mind and beta before taking the decision consider all such possibilities."

Anjali apologized to her friend  and reassured her that she wont think on those lines, 'll try to remain strong. Her MIL kissed her forehead at her cute apology and foodie FIL eased up the atmosphere by shifting conversation back to menu for their wedding that was in less than fifteen days.

***

Devyani Palace,

It was Anjali's Engagement Ceremony and same usual thing crawled up the pants of an ivory colored indo-western bandhgala-clad Arnav. His ears had again managed to catch words of an 80+ woman as she pointed at Khushi, "Nimmo, Vo kudi Manpreet de vich vaddi jachhegi na! Haaye, kinni changi kudi hai(Nimmo, that girl would look so good with our Manpreet right? Wow, she seems to be a wonderful girl!!)", completely ignorant of his wife's marital status even after initial introductions! Couldn't their comatose brains, webbed eyes conclude that only a mother-daughter pair would twin in gowns of ditto shade! HIS Angels!!

On top of that, over-hormonal Payal had come up with this idea of color code of bridesmaids in every function. Thankfully, Anjali's three brothers, nephew had to tolerate the dress code for the functions of Engagement, Sangeet and Wedding only. At RM, during Mehendi and Haldi, they were free to wear whatever they wanted. Today, it was wine-red for the bridesmaids and dusty-pink lehenga for bride, his adorable Di, looked like a doll. 

But, Khushi's DM was on his side today. His intelligent cubs stuck to her side while he was busy performing his brotherly duties. Oh the pleasure his eyes got, when that senior of senior citizens' face blanched as Nani cleared who those two kids hanging around Khushi were. The woman understood that OnePlus 2 Mini equals to four! 

The same evening, Arshi were sitting by the pool, discussing the party. One topic to another and finally he maneuvered it to engagement ring, "I think my ring has helped me ward off unwanted attention. You know from these groups of  match-makers. They know the guy is taken"

"Acha!(Really) I think I heard someone talking about your marital status. You know, you are still a bachelor for some!", Khushi remarked in sarcasm, remembering an incident in party. 

"Maybe but that happens till they see my ring and after that they just back off!!!"

"I dont think so. I have seen singles wearing rings in ring finger. Also, even if someone is  single/not-engaged doesn't automatically mean that the person is available."

"Still, I think ring helps. They would atleast want to check with the girl first before jumping to directly making plans of her son's marriage"

"Arnavji, match-making doesn't mean kisi ko shortlist kia aur ho gayi shaadi! Aise to one Aunty asked Di about you in today's function. I told her that you are my husband. She said sorry and backed off. You do the same. Simple!"("Arnavji, match-making doesn't mean you shortlist a name and boom you are married to that person! If we go by your logic then I should get miffed too coz one Aunty asked Di about you in today's function. I told her that you are my husband. She said sorry and backed off. You do the same. Simple!")

"Its not simple! I hate it that in their minds they are imagining, pairing you with their sons. I hate it that people look at you as potential bride when you are my wife! "

Khushi couldn't understand his stupid argument, "What is the guarantee that they wont 'imagine/look' after knowing that I am your wife? Tab kya? Dimag mein guss kar daantein hum un sab ko, ki aapki himmat kaise hui?(What then? Should I enter their mind and scold them?)"

"..."

"Ab chalo, mujhe neend aa rahi hai."("Come lets go and sleep")

"Khushi...", he whined.Why can't she just wear the ring!

You're my downfall, you're my muse
My worst distraction, my rhythm and blues
I can't stop singing, it's ringing, in my head for you
My head's under water
But I'm breathing fine
You're crazy and I'm out of my mind

"Aap ek kaam karo apne maathe par chapwa lo - Khushi's husband. Sabko apne aap sab samjh aa jayega! Problem solved", she got up to go to sleep. This man and his insane jealousy. Ok, she also turned green when that girl's mother asked about Arnav but did she chain him to herself for rest of the function. No! Just explained it to the girl that he is her husband. Simple!! ("Do one thing! Get 'Khushi's husband' printed on your forehead. Everyone 'll understand everything. Problem solved!")

***

Anjali's mehendi,

Highlight of the event was - Men were allowed by Nani. Glitch - Men here, meant bride's brothers not her Groom. Arnav knew detective 'll manage to sneak somehow. So, he was at his poolside, monitoring the entrance cameras to spoil Arora's fun for the sake of sadistic pleasure!

Khushi had already got her munchkins dressed prettily and they were downstairs, sitting with their Bua to help her choose 'their' favorite designs. (To avoid fight, Aarav- the- Wise decided that he 'll select hands design while Aru can choose for feet.)

After getting ready, she gave herself a once-over in mirror and came to the poolside to ask Arnav if he needed anything. 'Immersed' in laptop, he shook his head in a 'no' when his eyes fell on her attire. His beautiful, disobedient wife was again dressed in that hideous combination, her dress- code for mehendi functions. This time, it was a golden blouse and forest-green saree. Forest Green? No way, Not happening!!! He pressed few buttons on his laptop and got busy in his 'work'.

Advising him to take a break and rest for sometime, Khushi turned back to go down, only to feel a tug at her pallu. She turned around to see where it was stuck. She was shocked to see that it was not stuck but lazily rolled around his left palm. That dirty, sly smirk on his face and the seductive unholy gaze was a tell-tale of his intentions. Another tug and her unpinned pallu slipped off her shoulder, bringing her out of his web. She immediately held onto the cloth when he pulled it again, coolly resting his head at back of chair as if this is something, they do daily, in routine. She admonished him, trying to be serious, "Kya kar rahe ho? Chodo! Poori saree khul jayegi!"("What are you trying to do? Leave it, whole saree will get undone" )

"Vahi to main chahta hoon"("Thats what I am trying to do"), his voice was temptingly low and husky, trying to muddle her senses. He yanked it again but Khushi held her pallu tight to her chest, trying to wrench it back. She was worried for her delicate fibre, that was in danger of getting ripped into two. This brash man has already crumpled the pallu of her one of the costliest sarees. It was of full 10,000 rupees. She tried to look angry, glare at him but nothing worked. The 'shameless-est' man in this world kept smirking.

Not moving his naughty eyes from her face, he raised his hand to his lips and smacked a loud kiss upon the cloth, in innuendo and unholy promise, before tugging again and bringing his wife forward by two more steps.

"Paagal ho kya? Kabhi bhi shuru ho jaate ho! Leave me. Guests are already here!(Are you mad? Always in mood. Leave me. Guests are already here!)", she scolded him but who paid attention? No one. He was busy in unraveling her slowly, leisurely. With another fold of the cloth around his palm, Khushi was standing in her blouse with saree lowered to the side of her completely bare waist between golden and green clothes. She flushed red at her state, her heart thudding in over-drive. She reminded herself that she has to be angry as she began to heat up, hyperventilate at blatant hungry looks in his eyes. No, Khushi. Don't go there. Stop!! Stop thinking all that. What if someone came here and saw you like this. House was literally brimming with guests. She again warned Arnav to leave her.

"Request me, Baby", he stopped his nefarious activity.

"Excuse me? Why the hell should I request? You shameless man! Leave me this instant", she tried to dig her heels in the floor and pull at the cloth. Let it tear up into hundred pieces, she wont request.

"Fine then", he again started tugging and pulling. Khushi perfectly knew she wont be able to leave the room for atleast one hour if this wicked seducer got successful in undraping the saree.

"OK Fine! I am requesting Rakshas! PLEASEE mujhe neeche jaane do?"("OK Fine! I am requesting, Rakshas! PLEASEE, let me go downstairs?"), she spoke through gritted teeth.

Arnav laughed evilly at her taunting tone and said, "Request rejected! Give me a kiss and you are free to leave. I wont do anything else", he measured the distance between them. Just five steps!

"Bilkul nahi! Mujhe sab samjh a raha hai. Tumhari rag rag se vakif hoon main", she can smell his wicked intentions from a mile. ("No way! I got what you are trying to do. I know you very well")

"Agar tumhe sab pata hai Khusheeee, to fir ye saree bhool hi jao"("When you know me so well Khusheeee then its better if you leave this saree").

With one forceful tug, her pleats alongwith unfaithful pin, were on floor in a heap and Khushi was standing in her underskirt and blouse next to his settee. Her waist in his mischievous hands as she tried control the rapidly wandering fingers, trying to remind him and herself that they have a function going on downstairs and it was not the time for hanky-panky. His mouth on her exposed skin turned off all her protests and her traitorous hands moved into his hair, pushing him into her quivering belly, hissing and moaning at every suck, nip, swirl, dip and bite. In few minutes, she was lying on the low table, nails digging into his back with legs snaked around him.

My head's under water
But I'm breathing fine
You're crazy and I'm out of my mind
'Cause all of me
Loves all of you
Love your curves and all your edges
All your perfect imperfections
Give your all to me
I'll give my all to you

 Her poor sautans who had been occupying the table and his ear majestically few moments ago, now glared fiercely at the lovebirds from their more dignified position on floor.

Arnav's face was buried in her unhooked blouse when Aru's calls of "Mummy" from their room fell into their ears, bringing them back to earth. Khushi's loud dhak-dhak, racing blood, burning fire of passion was doused off in a jiffy. Her heart was now like really in her mouth. She panicked bad and pushed hard at shirtless Arnav. The peddler-cum-addict was not prepared for the push and almost stumbled into the pool. Clueless about how to salvage the situation, she hurriedly pulled him up and dragged him to hide behind a tree, praying to DM that their 'Radio Mirchi 98.3 Always live' daughter shouldn't discover them. She'll first ask thousand questions to them and still recite the tale to everyone.

All because of this shameless man who was now muffling his laughter at her back! Fuming, Khushi turned her neck and hissed at topless Arnav, "Tumse kaha tha, mujhe neeche jaane do!!! We are here, hiding in this semi-dressed state bcoz of you!!!"("Told you to let me go!! And now we are here, hiding in semi-dressed state!!")

Unperturbed, the audacious man murmured, "We are semi-naked baby". He moved her hair aside and worked his passionate lips on her bare back, his doggy canines tugging at the flimsy strip of blouse at the back with roguish hands skimming her waist and his trouser-clad legs as shameless as him pressed her into the rough wood. He turned her around and Khushi shivered at his dark hooded eyes. She tried to stifle her loud moans as he sucked hard at her throat and nipped her collar bone. His eyes were amorous, corrupt, mirthful- all at same time. As if they were in middle of an adventure! Blood was pounding, no, it was roaring in ears, her veins throbbing harshly, in fear of being caught. What an adrenaline rush!

"Tum kitni darpok ho Khushi!(You are a chicken Khushi!) Forget everything and feel the thrill of this moment baby", he whispered in her ear, nibbling the soft skin of her earlobe while his hand moved to her thigh, from under the shimmery gold underskirt, tugging at her lace. Her eyes closed on their own accord, hands moved to his shoulders as she tried to remain sane under his sinful ministrations, his brand of non nimbu-mirchi(lemon-pepper) black magic, that he was casting upon her under the same neem tree. She was right, he had casted black magic upon her since that day!

But her lashes opened in less than a second as they heard Aru's steps nearing the french doors, calling for her Daddy now. Khushi pushed him away and turned back to the huge bark, peeking around as she hissed at him, "Thrill! Thrill of the moment! That's your loudspeaker-part 2 at the windows. Sabko batayegi Mummy-Papa kya kar rahe they! Already, everyone must be wondering where the hell I am!!!(her eyes fell on their strewn clothes near table) Devi Maiyya, meri saree padi hai wahan. Dekho, tumhari shirt bhi hai. Jaldi jaake utha lo". (Thrill! Thrill of the moment! That's your loudspeaker part 2 at the windows. She 'll tell everyone what her parents were doing. Already, they must be wondering where the hell I am!!!(her eyes fell on their strewn clothes near table)God, my saree is lying there, look your shirt is also there. Go fast and pick them up")

Khushi bit her nails, what if Aru came to the poolside NOW? Hey DM! Where's she stuck!!

"Baby, we still have so many extra clothes on us - my trousers, your blouse, petticoat, br..."

Khushi wanted to hide inside the tree now. This man was epitome of immodesty, "Just shut your dirty mouth!.... Tumse to baat karna hi bekaar hai!! Kuch karoge bhi ya yahin khade rahoge?"("Just shut your dirty mouth!.... Its anyways useless talking to you. Will you keep standing here or do something?"). She was so busy cursing his guts that she didn't pay attention to the belt and zip sound behind her. He was getting ready to do something as per her orders. Her eyes turned to size of tennis ball when a wrapper landed near her feet. She turned around open mouthed, trying to form words, "You...mad, you are...kid... kiddi..."

Khushi couldn't complete coz his lips silenced hers with a whisper of, "no more kids, honey". With that, he hooked her legs around him, pushing her back to the tree. Poor tree that has been used till date only for tying things like lemon-pepper charm(to ward off evil-eye), beautiful lamps, fairy lights wanted to shout 'why me, why me?' in protest of acting as prop in their tiny session. All their moans, gibberish, curses and groans drowned away in natural rhythm of their mating mouths. Khushi came back to earth from this quickie, several minutes later when a breathless Arnav who had so casually dropped all his weight upon her, grinned at her lips, "Jaan, tumhi ne to kaha tha na - two babies are enough... By the way, how was my brand of black magic?"("Sweetheart, you only said that two babies are enough... By the way, how was my brand of black magic?")[Dedicated to the episode where Khushi thinks Arnav is doing Black Magic upon her - her acidity, dhak dhak around him when he was tying vibhuti  given by Anjali, on the neem tree at poolside, simultaneously talking on bluetooth]

What would I do without your smart mouth?
Drawing me in, and you kicking me out
You've got my head spinning, no kidding, I can't pin you down
What's going on in that beautiful mind?
I'm on your magical mystery ride
And I'm so dizzy, don't know what hit me, but I'll be alright

The realization of what they had just done, where they had done, when they had done turned her bright red in mortification - daytime, poolside, houseful of people and a two year old daughter who could have walked upon them. It dawned upon her that he was truly a brazen man and most probably so was she, as shameless as him to enjoy it thoroughly. Arnav carried her to the recliner and nestled his red wife to his chest. In her panic of being caught, she had forgotten two important facts. "Khushi, you forgot that Aru can't cross the ledge. And..."

Oh yes, she berated herself for forgetting it but 'and' caught more of her attention, "And?"

"Umm...I had locked the french doors, just as you came here"[...He pressed few buttons on his laptop and got busy in his 'work'...]

Where he landed next and what happened to him, for giving her heart-attack can be explained with the fact that, a guilty Khushi had to apply balm on his throbbing back, in middle of night. Yes, she did wear a red saree to the mehendi, not knowing this small task was the actual mission of her poor husband, who quietly sat near her throughout the function, feeding dinner to his four people - his henna-clad babies and his elder immature sister.

Aru and Aloo had happily got something similar to their names drawn on their palms, flaunting their father's world famous calligraphic skills. Arnav had also displayed this talent on Khushi's left hand by drawing cheesy clipart - 'AK' in a heart that resembled amoeba.

Well, the night ended very well for Detective Arora, who got ample opportunity to sneak into RM, catch hold of his pious fiancee, apply lemon-sugar syrup on bride's mehendi, do some impious things and successfully slipped away undetected, under the nose of three very alert BILs. Arora 007!

***

Sangeet, Haldi and Wedding ceremony were all eventful in Arnav's words, for neither bride's side nor Groom's side had any shortage of clowns, always competing with each other to prove their superiority! Arrey, we are from Groom's side!! And we are from The Bride's side!!!!!!

He was sentimental during Vidai ceremony, trying to absorb the fact that his constantly- hovering-upon-his-head sister wouldn't be living in same house anymore. He wouldn't see her at breakfast table daily coz she has now got another breakfast table in another house, hardly 2 km away in RK Puram. He and Akash had similar other grievances but their emosans were really undertoned in comparison to what women were doing, crying buckets over each other, as if government has banned their favorite hobby - Tok-tok(Gossip). Aloo and Aru, who couldn't understand what was happening, were crying too. No prize for guessing! Their crazy mother was bawling her eyes out, so they would naturally follow.

Anjali landed into grand celebration of Nani's 75th birthday directly from her Bora-Bora honeymoon with good news inside and it caused a huge-huge embarrassment for the couple. They were around four weeks pregnant by the end of their second-month anniversary. Sumit's mother teased them that they didn't even wait for her to place demand like a typical mother-in-law! And Aloo and Aru got another cousin as birthday gift besides Aloo's demand for separate room( as he was now a big boy).

With Payal's increasing girth, her nephew's and niece's flattery was in full form. They had already decided among themselves, to claim one-one bro/sis after birth. At times, duo would get impatient with such a long wait, "Mausi, baby kab aayenge?"(Mausi, when will baby come? )

"Jab plural hota hai, to babies hota hai"("Its 'babies' in plural"), Payal would smirk and correct their words here and there. But instead of replying back with something smart to tease her, Aloo n Aru would bob their heads in got it. As if they were the most compliant kids in the world. Their logic was - If they pranked Mausi, she wont hand-over their babies after delivery in July. 

***

One Sunday morning,

Khushi came inside the room to find a shirtless Arnav standing in front of mirror, hand caressing his chest. She halted in her steps,  drooling at him without any disturbance, as much as she wanted.

"Surprise!!!", Arnav turned around, bringing her out of trance. He pointed to the tattoo on his left part of chest, near the heart. Khushi was dumbfounded. She couldn't believe it. Her name was carved there, so beautifully. Wow! It was lovely, so artistically done in red and black ink. She traced it tentatively with her fingertips. It was so smooth not at all rough like pierced, normal tattoos.

'Cause I give you all of me
And you give me all of you
I give you all of me
And you give me all of you

Tattoo? Tattooing is a painful procedure!!! It must have hurt him so much, pricked his skin!!! She came out of trance. She started crying, hitting him on stomach, "Paagal ho gaye ho tum? Kitna dard hua hoga! Kya zarorat thi ye sab karni ki. Kaun karta hai ye!!! I wont talk to you ever again. Arnavji aapko pata nahi hai kya cancer ho jata hai tattoo se! Aapko kuch ho gaya to?" ("Have you gone crazy? It must have hurt so much! What was the need for doing this? Who does these stupid things? I wont talk to you ever again!!! Arnavji, tattoo can cause cancer!!! What if something happened to you??")

Cards on the table, we're both showing hearts
Risking it all, though it's hard
'Cause all of me
Loves all of you
Love your curves and all your edges
All your perfect imperfections

Arnav hadn't anticipated such a response. He had thought she 'll go gaga over it and kiss him  there in appreciation. But here, his wife has got another crying fit! He didn't know Khushi cant tolerate even tattooing pain on him. He took hold of her beating fists, "Khushi relax. Its no..."

She recalled teasing him to get it inked on his forehead when he was insanely jealous after the engagement party, "Vaise to koi baat nahi maante tum meri...aur maine aise hi mazak kar diya to ye..ye karwa ke aa gaye ho! Hey Devi Maiyya! Kya karun main iss aadmi ka. Koi samjhdaar sa aadmi de deti mujhe bhi!!!(Arnav tried to object to that intelligent part but she glared so hard that he thought it was better to be quiet)...Ek minutemaine to tumse maathe par karne ko bola tha na? Vahan kyu nahi likhwaya?" ("Normally, you never do what I ask. But you had to take my stupid joke so seriously!!! You have got this stupid thing done!!! Hey Devi Maiyya! How should I deal with this mad man!!! You could have made a wise man to me!!! (Arnav tried to object to that intelligent part but she glared so hard that he thought it was better to be quiet)...Wait! I asked you to get it printed on your forehead! Why didn't you ink it there?")

"Baby, you want it on forehead?", he drawled seductively.

Completely frustrated, Khushi sat down on bed, head in her hands as she gritted her teeth hard at his tomfoolery. She then pushed him away, "Haan. Jao kara ke aao! Ab mujhe maathe par hi chahiye!" ("Yes. Go get it done! Now, I want it on forehead only!!!")

Arnav carefully peeled off the tattoo from his chest, stuck it to his forehead and gave her a smug smile.

Khushi kept staring at him with her 3 Os expression, trying to form some words. Her mouth opened and closed again and again. What the!!!

"Happy?", he grinned.

"...Tum(you)...tum....", she smacked him with a pillow and chased to hit him with another, for scaring her so bad. She had felt so miserable and guilty for giving him such a stupid idea.

Arnav laughed hard and ran to other side of bed as she chased him. "Tumse na do kadam aage sochti hoon main!!!(I think two steps ahead of you)", he mimicked her, giggling hard before dashing to bathroom.

Give your all to me
I'll give my all to you
You're my end and my beginning
Even when I lose I'm winning

"Honey, pass me the towel", the sly fox called her after five minutes to get her inside.

"Honey, take one from the left cabinet", Khushi replied more slyly, not bothering to pass his towel from the cupboard. She had already kept spares in bathroom

Bcoz she thinks two steps ahead of him!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

> Has Anjali not learnt any lesson from past mistakes?

She has. She is much more sensible than what she was 6 years ago. But the deep deep astrology fed inside her psyche after years and years of consulting a priest for poojas has never been questioned till date. She never felt it earlier, that its wrong. Today, when everyone in family questions her absurdity, she does realize that she 's being stupid in believing in these horoscopes and all to this extent. Arnav and her family has always cleared that they don't believe in all this but never criticized her one-stop-solution of panditji's poojas at every trouble. Sumit never got a chance in three years to discuss it, rationalize her thoughts. So, everyone sits down with her and make her see through the things and makes her question this belief.

I know many educated, rational colleagues who don't believe in astrology but wont cross the road if a cat passed by. They usually wait for other vehicle to pass first.Such is the level of superstitions! I hope it changes soon.

THANK YOU FOR TAKING YOUR TIME OUT FOR THIS STORY. DONT FORGET TO VOTE BY CLICKING * IF YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER. COMMENT AND SHARE YOUR VIEWS. AND YEAH, FOLLOW ME TO GET NOTIFICATIONS REGARDING UPDATES.

CHECK MY PROFILE FOR OTHER WORKS.

EVERYONE, PLEASE TAKE CARE AND STAY SAFE🙏

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135K 3.7K 4
Cover pic: @Uzma_Farheen (Thanks Di for this amazing Cover!! ) Arnav Singh Raizada known as The Great ASR who protected his family from every odds fa...
54.2K 1.6K 5
Khushi and Arnav were enjoying their rabba ve moments after their remarriage. Arnav showered her with love but still enjoyed riling her up just to se...
148K 5.5K 14
#1 in Arshi as of 20th August 2020 Khushi leaves Raizada Mansion without any explanations as soon as the contract expired after six months. [Note: I...
49K 2.4K 6
A girl who is blissfully living her life with her husband meets her past which was hidden from her. What will be her reaction and what changes that p...