Saving Each Other (todoroki x...

By happpykitty88

It's amazing how the smallest smile masks the deepest scars Sakura Asano isn't your typical average teenage... More

A little bit about Sakura (OC)
Remember
You're Not Serious..
Izuku Midoriya
Getting Closer
U.A. Entrance Exam
Congrats!
First Day
Excuse Me?
You Don't Know Me
Friends?
Attack On USJ
Attack on USJ pt 2
Attack on USJ pt 3
Guilt
Sweets and Tears
Rant
Yoga with the Hothead
Declaring War
Obstacle Race
Cavarly Battle
The Truth
Public Humiliation
Burn
Because I Care
Save Yourself
Fighter
Who do you want to be?
Shoto
Let Go
Shattered Glass
Let it out, the real way
A lil about me
Save Each Other
Moving Forward
Hero Names
Never run away from a challenge
Challenge Match
Defeated
Attack on Hosu
Face to Face with the Hero Killer
Trauma
Recovery
Night Terrors
Because I'll Be Right Here
I Promise
Planning for Final Exams
Distraction
Don't Blame Yourself
Painkillers
Shopping Gone Wrong
Two Heroes - Chapter One
Two Heroes - Chapter Two
Two Heroes - Chapter Three
Hello....
Two Heroes-Chapter Four
Two Heroes - Chapter 5
Two Heroes - Chapter Six
Chapter 54

Push it down

8.4K 246 414
By happpykitty88

Enjoy~

Sakura POV

The first semester of U.A. had finally come to an end, leading right into the beginning of summer vacation. But that didn't mean I had any time to relax and play around. Hell no. I spent every hour of each day training to prepare for the upcoming training camp in the woods.

At least that's what I kept telling myself.

But truthfully, I was constantly training to trying to block out the haunting voice in my head.

A whole week of had passed since the conversation with Shigaraki, but his words stuck with me like glue. The hours of my sleep schedule decreased, and the hours of my training schedule kept on increasing. And I had totally gone off the grid, avoiding any personal contact with anyone. The only people I had talked to lately was Izuku and Toshinori, both calling to check up on me. I knew I was overworking myself lately, pushing myself harder than I needed to. But, it felt like I was always restless.

It was a hot and humid morning when I was on my daily run. The heat was excruciating; my hair sticking onto the back of my damp neck and sweat dripped down my body, soaking my leggings and sports bra. Music was blaring in my earphones as I ran in a steady pace, panting slightly.

I was on my fourth mile as I ran along by the beach when my music was replaced with my ringtone. 'Who could be calling me?' I thought, slightly annoyed from the sudden interruption of my workout grind as I pulled out my phone from the side pocket of my leggings.

But the annoyance immediately diminished at the sight of the contact picture lighting up my screen. The caller was Shoto. My run slowed to a stop but my heart beat somehow raced even faster from just looking at him. It was a photo that I'd taken of him one day during lunch when my weird conscious asked him, 'If you ate an entire ice cube while activating both of your quirks, would it freeze or melt in your mouth?' His reaction to my random question was absolutely adorable and hilarious- his eyes innocently wide and his mouth agape as he went deep in thought- that I just had to photograph the rare, precious moment.

My mouth tilted upwards as I thought back to memory that I almost forgot Shoto was still calling me. 'Why is he calling me anyways?'

Kathump Kathump Kathump

Ignoring my pounding heart, I pressed my finger on the answer button.

"Hey Shoto," I greeted casually the best I could. "What's up?"

"Nothing much," he replied, his deep voice vibrated through the earbuds and into my ears. "Am I interrupting you from something?"

"Nah, you're not," I answered as I turned to face towards the sparkling ocean water. "I'm just on my morning jog."

A light chuckle filled my ears, and the image of his soft smile came to mind. "Even with school over, there's no relaxing for you, is there?"

"You know what they say," I smirked. "There's no rest for the wicked."

"Right.... Anyways, I just got a message from Midoriya saying that all of the guys were going to the pool for endurance training.'

"Oh really?" I asked surprised, putting my right leg up on the railing in front of me to stretch my aching calf. "That sounds like fun."

Ochaco had also called last night, telling me about the girls' proposal about using the pool this afternoon since we all couldn't go anywhere for the break. But I hadn't plan to go since I was busy with my training schedule.

"Yeah and you want to hear something funny? Apparently it was Mineta and Kaminari's idea."

I raised a brow at this as I leaned forward to grab my toecap. 'Kaminari and Mineta planning a training session? On the same day the girls planned to use the pool? Those sneaky perverts....'  "Yeah, that is funny considering that the girls had also planned to use this the pool this afternoon," I stated as I dropped my leg, switching to the other one. "Knowing them, they probably heard about the girls using the pool and tried to be clever by setting up a training session so they could just perv on the girls."

"Sounds about right."

We both bursted out into fits of giggles. It was almost amazing how my mood changed from before, now feeling more lighthearted. And it was all thanks to him.

"So, are you planning to go to the pool?" Shoto asked, calming down.

"Um, well I was actually going to turn down the girls' offer and just train for the rest of the day," I admitted, wiping the sweat off my forehead.

I heard Shoto let out a disapproving sigh, making me wince as if I was about to get scolded. "You know, sometimes it's necessary to take a break, Sakura. As much as it's important to improve, it's also just as crucial to take care of your health. And knowing you, you probably have been training non-stop. I feel like I should tell you that the human body can only take-"

"Alright, alright," I huffed, cutting him off before he can give me a lecture about human anatomy. "Okay, smart ass, I'll take a break from training, happy? Jeez, Shoto, since when did you become such a hedonist?"

"...... I'm hanging up now."

Letting out a giggle, I replied, "I'll see you soon, I guess. Bye, Shoto."

"Yeah, sure thing. Bye."

I pressed the End Call button with my thumb before opening my mile tracker app. I had already ran four miles and I knew that was enough for today, but...

'How does it feel to be a fraud in your little world of heroes?'

I shut my eyes and placed a hand to my forehead, suddenly feeling a painful strain in my brain from the memory.

I let out a deep breath before turning my music back on and facing the way I was running towards.

"Just two more miles."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Walking towards school, I lifted my face up to soak up the nice summer sun. I let out a content sigh as I . There was so many things about summer that I enjoyed- the smell of freshly cut flowers, not forgetting to bring a jacket, because I remember not needing one anyways, the shift in energy in the air when a summer thunderstorm is near, making everything feel heavy with anticipation,  not needing an excuse to eat ice cream for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and when the heat gets so intolerable that I get excited for the upcoming winter.

A buzzing sound interrupted the peaceful silence, breaking me out of my trance for my love of summer as I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket. 'Jeez, two phone calls in one day. I'm so popular.' I joked to myself as I pulled my phone out, eyeing the Caller ID. I raised a brow at the contact name.

'Huh, that's weird. I wonder why she's calling me.'

I let my thumb drop and raised the phone to my ear.

"Hey Mandalay," I greeted my old friend. "It's been awhile. What's up?"

"Hi Sakura!" Her voice boomed so loud that I had to pull away from my phone a bit to prevent going deaf. "Long time no talk! Whatcha been up to lately?"

"Oh, nothing much," I started to walk again, "Just living my best life; going to school, annoying the crap out of Aizawa, and kicking ass. You know, the usual."

"That's right! You're attending U.A. this year, right? Shouta mentioned it when we talked. He said you've been thriving there!"

"Is that so?" I questioned as I walked into the main building of school. "I wouldn't say thriving, really. More like barely hanging on a thread."

Mandalay let out a soft chuckle, "Oh come on, Sakura. I think we all know that's a lie. Anyways, I hope you're ready for training camp!" Mandalay exclaimed, excitedly. "Better hold onto your whiskers, kitty, cuz get prepared for a little reunion with the whole gang!"

I halted in my tracks. The Pussycats were going to be at the training camp? "Wait, the whole gang? You all are coming to camp?"

"That's correct! The wild, wild Pussycats will be helping train Class 1-A this summer! Didn't Shouta tell you?"

"No," I scoffed, cursing my uncle in my head. "He didn't mention anything about you guys coming to ca-"

"Is that who I think it is!" I heard a new, more high-pitched voice on the other end of the line. "Oh my god, it's been awhile, Sakura! I missed your cute face! How come you don't visit us anymore?!"

"Hi, Pixie Bob. I missed you too," I let out a chuckle at her childish behavior. "And I swore to never visit you guys again since the last time I did, you guys tried to dress me up in a stupid cat costume for a photoshoot," I said in a monotone voice, remembering their silly antics.

"You're no fun," Pixie Bob huffed, and I could just see her pouting while waving her paw.

"Alright, that's enough, Pixie Bob," I heard Mandalay's voice take over the phone. "Anyways, I just called to let you know that we all will be at camp and are super excited to see you again! See you soon, kitty! Love ya!"

"Wait, how's Kota doin -" But she had already hung up the call before I could even finish asking my question. I stared at my black screen. 'So, the wild, wild Pussycats will be the ones in charge of our training camp, huh? Training camp sure is going to be interesting....'

I let out a sigh as I slipped my phone back into my pocket before opening the door to the empty locker rooms. I set my bag down on one of the benches and pulled out my issued swimsuit. The suits were three-quarter legged, navy swimsuits. It was nothing fancy, but I liked the simple design. Besides, I was beyond grateful that it would cover the scars on my abdomen area.

After finishing changing, I made my way towards the pool area, my sandals clicking against the polished floor of the empty hallway with a towel in hand. 'I wonder where everybody else is? I hope I'm not too early.' I thought to myself as I reached the exit. I swung open the doors to the pool and my jaw dropped.

No, I wasn't early. I was really, really late. Everybody had already arrived. All the girls were already here, stretching on the other side of fifty-meter pool in a straight line. And as for the boys, they were spread all around exercising and they were all..... shirtless.

I paled at the sight, not having seen this many boys without shirts. I mean, sure I've seen Izuku shirtless many times when I used to train him, but this..... this was totally different.

"Hello Sakura!" Iida called out, waving at me. He was also completely shirtless, but what caught my attention was the bright, yellow cap and his swimming goggles. I had to bite my tongue to hold back a laugh at the bizarre sight, although I wasn't too surprised.

"H-Hey, Iida," I weakly waved back, putting my head down as I walked to where the girls were doing their warm-ups.

"Sakura!" Ochaco flashed me a bright smile. "Yay, you came!"

"Haha yeah," I chuckled at her cheerful attitude, setting my towel on a chair. "It was a last minute decision."

"All right girls, let's jump in!"

Mina didn't waste any time jumping into the pool, creating a massive splash that overflowed the sides of the pool. I giggled at her cute behavior, watching as the others followed suit. They were laughing as they splashed each other.

"Come on, Sakura!" Mina exclaimed, spreading her arms wide as she swam backwards. "Join us! The water feels great!"

"Maybe in a bit!" I replied back as I sat myself down on the edge, putting only my legs in the cool water. I let out a relaxed sigh at the refreshing feeling, grounding my hands behind me. I turned my head to look around the pool area. I spotted Izuku waving at me with his classic, cheery grin and I returned one back. A giggle escaped my lips when I saw Kirishima literally having to drag Katsuki in, who was scowling heavily. My eyes kept wandering around. I didn't know who I was looking for until I saw him.

My blue eyes met turquoise and silvery ones, making my heart skip a beat. Shoto was standing on the opposite side, wearing his own U.A. issued swim bottoms that hugged his flexed thighs. He had his palms on his knees, slightly panting from his workout. Then, he stood straight and my eyes automatically flicked to his toned chest and stomach.

I felt my cheeks blush and mouth gape at how absolutely ripped Shoto was. I remember catching a glimpse of his abs after his match with Izuku back at the Sports Festival, but this time it was on full display for all of us to see. 'Oh holy mother of-.'

I saw a small smile appear on his face as he waved at me, making my heart beat even faster. I managed to return a stiff one back before I tearing my gaze away him and back to the girls. It took all my might not to fan off my raging cheeks.

'Jeez get ahold of yourself, Sakura! You're acting like some pathetic teenage fan girl!'

I shook my head away from my dumb thoughts before focusing my attention back to the girls who were all playing with a volleyball. I kept myself distracted as I watched the girls laugh and play around, sometimes joining in the fun by occasionally flicking my wrist to send a small wave of water towards them.

"You're not going to join them?"

I jerked my head around to see Shoto standing behind me, a hand resting on his hip as he stared down at me.

"Oh, hey Shoto," I nervously smiled. "And no, I'm perfectly content with just sitting here."

"Do you perhaps not know how to swim?" He questioned, tilting his head slightly.

"Of course, I know how to swim," I scoffed. "I just don't want ."

Shoto just nodded and without knowing, my eyes landed on his toned chest, and I felt the blush return back to my cheeks.

Kathump Kathump Kathump

'Shit. Shit. Shit!' My heart pounded faster as I yanked my eyes away and back to my friends. 'God, why did I even look the-'

But my internal scolding was interrupted as I felt a sudden force push my back, making me hit the cold water face first. 'Did he just-' I sunk to the bottom as I stared up at the watery sunlight, seeing Shoto with a grin on his face. 'Oh, that IcyHot bastard.'

I pushed off the floor of the pool with my feet, gasping for air as I breeched the surface. Once I caught my breath, I shot a evil glare at the bi-colored hair boy.

"Oops," Shoto mocked with a smirk. "My apologies, my foot seems to have slipped."

'Oh, so that's how it's going to be, huh? Fine, two can play that game.'

Stretching my arm out sideways, I raised my hand up and a tall wall of water began to form, casting a shadow over him. "Don't you know who you're messing with, Shoto?"

His eyes widened at the towering wall of water, taking a step back. "Sakura, don't you dare-"

But I ignored his threat, flicking my wrist forward and the barrier of water collapsed on him, drenching my IcyHot friend from head to toe.

"Oops," I simpered, my tone was overly sweet. "My apologies, my hand seems to have slipped."

My smile became wider as I saw Shoto wipe the water off his face, but immediately dissipated when I saw his surprised look turn to one of pure murder. His eyes were narrowed and face flushed with embarrassment.

And in that very moment, I knew I was dead.

'Oh, shi-'

"Of course!"

Shoto and I both simultaneously looked to see where the sudden voice came from, making me spot Katsuki stomping towards where Iida and Izuku were standing, his hands curled into fists as he wore a terrifying expression.

"Otherwise there's no way I'd lose to a damn nerd like you!" He yelled.

"K-Kacchan!" Izuku stuttered as his body began to tremble at the sight of the angry pomeranian.

I used this chance to escape Shoto's wrath while he was distracted. I swam towards the side of the pool and began to climb up the ladder.

"Hey damn Deku!" Katsuki barked, igniting sparks in his hands. "You wanna decide things right now? Hah?!"

I rolled my eyes as I squeezed the water from my hair. 'Absolute child.'

"N-No, t-that's not i-it," my poor green-haired friend put his hands up defensively.

"It's true that just training isn't that interesting," our class rep mumbled. Then, his hand shot up out of nowhere, his arm perfectly parallel to his head. "Everyone, do you want to see which of the boys can swim fifty meters the fastest?"

Excited murmurs sounded through the area. The boys agreed, and the girls offered to help out.

"What about quirks?" Ojiro questioned, calmly raising his hand. "Can we use them?"

"We're at school, so there shouldn't be a problem," Iida answered, pointing his index finger up. "However, you cannot cause damage to any people or buildings!"

I raised a brow as I saw Katsuki walk up to Izuku. "I'm going to annihilate you, Deku," he threatened the broccoli boy before turning to Shoto, who was drying himself with his towel. "Of course, I'll crush you, too, Half-and-half Bastard!"

I let out a exasperated sigh as I rubbed my temples. 'Why are boys so competitive over every single damn thing?'

While they were setting up, I walked over to the opposite side from where the boys were standing as they waited for their turn.

"Then, on your marks," Momo announced, holding a whistle in her hand. "Get set...."

The whistle sounded off and the boys immediately rushed forward. They all dove in the water, well except.....

"Explosive Speed Turbo!" The ash blonde let off small explosions to boost him forward, flying over the entire pool. He landed on the other side before the others were even halfway across, declaring him the winner.

"How was that, you damn extras?!"

"What do you mean, 'How was that?!'" Sero frustratedly asked him.

"You didn't even swim!" Kirishima angrily chimed in.

"It's called freestyle swimming!" Katsuki retorted.

"Minus the swimming," I muttered under my breath, turning back to see the next round. I saw my IcyHot friend kneel down in ready position. The whistle sounded off again and Shoto used his right side to slide over the water with his rice, Momo declaring him the winner.

"You're supposed to be swimming!" Kaminari and Mineta both yelled.

I let out a giggle from their frustration, causing Katsuki to glare daggers at me. "What are you laughing at? You think you can do better, small fry?! I'd like to see you try!"

"Please," I scoffed at the explosive boy, crossing my arms over my chest, "as if I want to dive into a pool full of testosterone and toxic masculinity."

"Sounds to me like you're just scared, small fry," Katsuki smirked at me, making me quirk a brow at his words. "A damn nerd like you couldn't do better."

'Says the one who got his ass carried by this damn nerd.'

"Fine," I huffed, walking over to the diving boards. Taking my position between Shoji and Kaminari, I stared forward and locked eyes with a pair of crimson ones, a grin stretching my lips, "I'll show you boys how it's really done."

I heard the whistle went off and I dove straight into the pool, my body completely engulfed by the cold sensation. Once my head broke the surface of water, I began to zip through the water, willing the water help carry my body across the pool. In just a few seconds, I slapped my hand on the pavement, making win by a landslide.

I lifted myself out of the pool as I heard the girls cheer for my victory.

"Now, that's what you call freestyle swimming," Kirishima stated, flashing me his shark-like teeth while giving me a thumbs up.

"You were saying, short fuse?" I smirked at Katsuki, who was absolutely fuming.

"Tch, whatever small fry," he muttered but I could have sworn a saw the slightest hint of a smile on his face before he turned away.

I shook my head with a smile at his childish antics before feeling an intense gaze on me, and so I turned my head and locked eyes with blue and grey ones. Instead of his usual deadpan expression, there was amazement in his eyes and his mouth was slightly agape, making me smile even wider.

The fourth round was closer as Iida and Izuku were neck-in-neck, but Izuku won by just a smidge.

Finally, it was a race between Katsuki, Izuku, Shoto, and me.

"The winners of each race- Bakugo, Todoroki, Midoriya, and Sakura- will race for first place," Iida announced, placing his hand on his hips.

"Hey, small fry!" Katsuki yelled, glaring at me. "Don't give me a half-assed performance like you did back at the Sports Festival. Come at me seriously from the beginning!"

"Whatever you say, Katsuki," I replied, waving him off as I made my way towards the starting line.

"Then, the fifty-meters freestyle final will begin now!"

I stood up on the diving board, seeing Shoto take his spot to my right and Izuku and Katsuki on my left.

The pool area became filled with everyones' cheers.

"Go, Bakugo!"

"Don't kill the other guys!"

"Todoroki, don't lose!"

"Do your best, Deku!"

"Sakura, show them what a girl can do!"

I stared at the still, clear water below me. 'Hmm, this time I'll just surf through.' I smirked to myself.

"On your marks...."

I kneeled down in the ready position, glancing to my right to grin at my IcyHot friend.

"Ready to lose, Shoto?"

"Get set...."

"We'll see about that," he retorted, his eyes flicking at me as he wore a smirk.

Iida blew the whistle, and I jumped forward, creating a small wave below me. But, it immediately collapsed as I lost control of it suddenly, leading me to fall into the freezing water.

'Dammit.' I thought as I sunk to the bottom of the pool, seeing the boys all in the water, too. All of ours quirks were erased, meaning only one thing.

'Aizawa.'

Pushing off the floor, my head broke through the surface to see Aizawa standing with his black hair floating in the air and eyes red.
"Your pool use time has now ended," he bluntly stated. "Hurry up and go home."

"Come on Mr. Aizawa!" Kaminari complained.

"We just got to the good part!"

Aizawa's glare then turned to a deadly one and I swear my life just flashed before my eyes. "Did you say something?"

"Nothing, sir!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Aizawa kicked us out, the girls and I returned to the locker rooms to change back. I bided farewell to the girls before stepping into the showers since I couldn't stand the lingering smell of chlorine. After washing off and a fresh change of clothes, I grabbed my bag and made my way towards the exit of the building.

I walked along the quiet street towards home, admiring the beautiful sunset- the orange sun resting just above the city skyline, lighting the clouds on fire. Although I was enjoying the beautiful view, I couldn't help but feel like something was off.

I sighed sadly as I realized what was wrong; the loneliness.

As I spent the perfect afternoon with my classmates, my mind was completely distracted from my restless thoughts. And it was all thanks to my friends and....

A image of red and white hair and may I say, god-like abs flashed in my mind.

"Ugh," I groaned, face-palming myself. "Why am I even thinking about that, again?"

Thinking about my heterochromatic friend, the familiar heart pounding returned, and it felt like my stomach was doing flips. It was such a odd feeling, mainly because I have never felt anything like this before. Thinking about it now, I had started to feel like this when I began to attend U.A. When I first met him...

Was I coming down with something? Did it have something to do with hormones? Oh man, if it was, who the hell was I supposed to talk to about this? Toshinori? He didn't even take the whole menstrual talk really well...

I let out a tired chuckle as I ran my fingers through my damp hair. I kicked a pebble and watched it caper down the empty street.

'It's not like either of us had changed much since we first met.' I pondered to myself. 'I mean sure, I learned to let my guard down with people and accept help. And as for Shoto, he definitely wasn't the cold-hearted boy I had met at the beginning of the school year. He had become much friendlier and even gained somewhat of a sense of humor. But, overall, he's still that determined, stoic, sometimes amazingly clueless boy who I really li-"

I stopped dead in my tracks at the incomplete thought, my eyes widening from what just went through my mind. 'I......HUH?!'

"Sakura."

I jumped from the sudden voice; the voice I know so damn well. The deep and monotone  voice but somehow sounds lighter when he says my name. I slowly turned to meet the familiar eyes of the dual-colored hair boy that was Shoto Todoroki.

"S-Shoto...." I breathed out, my heart racing from the sudden scare. Or was it his presence?

He walked towards me, the golden light hitting him perfectly. He looked ethereal, surreal even, and the slightly breeze rustled through his hair, moving his bangs away from his enigmatic eyes.

As he got closer and closer, I felt myself get dizzy at the sight of him, and couldn't stop my heart from doing a weird dance inside my chest.

"W-What are y-you doing here?" I wanted to berate myself for being so nervous and awkward.

"I was waiting for you back at school," Shoto stated, shoving his hands in his pockets. "I was wondering if you wanted to walk home together."

'Oh.' A smile appeared on my lips as I saw him turn to the side, but I had caught a glimpse of the adorable blush covering his pale cheeks. It made me relax a bit, seeing the impassive red and white haired boy look so embarrassed and..... nervous?

"I'd love to, Shoto," I chirped, shooting him a grateful smile from his thoughtful gesture. "Thanks for waiting for me."

He gave me a nod before we continued to walk together.

"It was a shame that Aizawa interrupted our race," I stated, glancing sideways with a grin. "Although, I think it's safe to say that I would have won."

Shoto let out a snort, smiling slightly as he shook his head. "Whatever you say, Sakura."

"Are you challenging me, Shoto?" I asked, eyebrow raised, finger pointing at the half and half boy.

"No need, we both know who will win, Sakura," Shoto cooly replied.

"Hey! And also, don't even think for a second that I forgot about your little stunt back at the pool!" I shouted, shoving my shoulder into his in a poor attempt to use my light body weight to shut him out.

Shove.

"What about your little stunt?"

Push.

"Yeah, well you started it!"

Shove.

"And you're acting like a child!"

SHOVE!

"Whoa!" I felt Shoto's body slam a little too hard into me, putting me completely off balance. I yelped as I felt myself falling backwards, watching Shoto's smug expression turn into one of panic. I saw him desperately reach his hand out, and I flung mind out as well, only to feel the graze of his fingertips as I continued to fall to the ground.

I closed my eyes as I braced myself for impact. 'Ah, I just had to shove him, didn't I?'

However, I didn't feel my back connect with the harsh cement. Instead, I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist tightly and flip me over within the span of a second. I heard a deep grunt at the sudden impact and I felt my cheek hit against something soft, my fingers fisting into a piece of soft fabric.

I opened my eyes to find my best friend lying beneath me, and myself sprawled on top of him, his arms hanging loosely around my waist. Shoto had cushioned my fall.

"Oh my god," I gasped, leaning forwards on his chest. "Shoto, are you okay?! Did you hurt your head?!"

Said boy grunted, lifting one is hands from my waist to rub the back of his head. His eyelids fluttered open, the blue and grey hues landing on me. He let out a soft chuckle before dropping his head back onto the cement while keeping his gaze on me.

"I'm fine, Sakura. Are you okay?" Shoto let out an amused smile.

"What do you mean 'are you okay?!' You're the one who landed on the cement, you idiot!"

"Yeah, but you're the one who tripped and was falling first, you dummy."

"Yeah, because YOU shoved me!"

Shoto bursted out laughing, and I joined in shortly. In this moment, we were just a couple of kids, laughing at our own silliness as the weight of everything seemed to lift for a moment.

I felt Shoto's laughter peter off to a quiet chuckle as I stilled, realizing our position; I was still sprawled on top of him. We were so close that I could feel his heart pounding against my chest, making my heart stutter.

I pushed myself off his chest as he brought his upper body off the ground to become eye-level with me. "You never answered my question."

"Obviously, I'm fine," I huffed, rolling my eyes as my brows furrowed with annoyance. "You broke my fall. I mean, did you really have to do that?"

"Of course."

There was something about what he said that made me freeze.

I stared at him with wide eyes, and he stared right back at me, his eyes so serene and so clear. Shoto's hands still grasped onto my waist, his cheeks are a slight pink, and his tongue darted against his lips.

My blood roared in my ears as I stared at him, my body trembling as I wondered just what to do. It was like I completely trapped under his spell, feeling terrified yet safe in his arms. He was alluring and intoxicating, and I couldn't do a single thing about it as all my senses and attention were focused solely on him. 'What the hell are you doing to me, Shoto Todoroki?'

I felt his hand lift off my waist to push a stray piece of hair back into place, brushing against my ear. It took all my might to not close my eyes at this soothing and all too familiar motion.

"Of course," he whispered, his fingertips stroking my cheeks, creating a tingling sensation.

Without even knowing, I found my body leaning closer to him as if he was pulling me towards him. I could have sworn that he was doing the same as we never broke eye contact for a moment.

"Come on," Shoto dropped his hand, taking them both off me. "We should get going. It's getting late."

And just like that, the spell was broken, leaving me feeling hollow and stunned.

"R-Right..." I climbed off the bi-colored hair boy and stumbled back about five meters away from him. I grabbed my bag that I had dropped when I fell, feeling utterly confused and sad.

'What just happened?'

My stomach was in tight knots and my heart was racing so fast, I thought it was going to explode.

"Actually, I-I just remembered that I need to stop by the store," I quickly said slinging my bag over my shoulder.

"Oh, I'll come with you then-"

"N-No!" I cried out, putting my hands in front of me, making my IcyHot friend freeze as he looked at me with wide eyes from my sudden outburst. "I-I mean, you don't have to do that, Shoto. I think I have caused you enough trouble for today," I joked as I chuckled, but it was an empty laugh. "You should get home before it gets too dark."

I turned to face the way we had came from. "I'll see you later, Shoto," I said over my shoulder before racing off, not even waiting for a response.

Once I put enough distance away from the IcyHot boy, I slowed to a steady walk.

I didn't need to go to the store. I just needed an excuse to get out of there, to get away from him.

As I walked, I clutched the material covering my heart, my brows scrunching up at how my heart twisted and tortured itself with question after question.

'What the hell just happened back there?' I asked myself. 'And why do I feel so hurt that he had pulled away?'

I raised my hands to the sides of my face and slapped my cheeks, a hopeless attempt to get myself together.

"Jeez," I chuckled to myself, my cheeks stinging from my hands, "I'm acting like some kind of love-struck idiot or something...."

I halted in my tracks at the words that had just escaped my lips, my breathing hitched and I swear my heart actually stopped.

"What..." I whispered, confused from what I had just said. Did I just say love-struck?

I had never felt romantic feelings for anyone before, but now as I thought about.....

My mind trailed back to the moment between Shoto and I that happened a few minutes ago; I had clung onto him, and he held me. We were so close, so close to one another that we were practically sharing each other's breath. And the way I had leaned in...

'It was rather a romantic moment for a pair of best friends..' I realized. But what was it about Shoto that made me see him differently? What was it that made me change the way I saw him? Then, I thought of all the moments that we shared before, the memories flooding in my head.

" I never thought of making friends before, but... W-Will you be my friend, Sakura?"

"Because we are friends and friends are there for each other, no matter what."

"You're my friend and I care so damn much!"

"Because you don't see what I see. Both of sides of you are perfect."

"Sakura, I'm so sorry that I hurt you.."

"You can become whoever you want to be, Todoroki."

"Thank you, Sakura. Thank you for saving me."

"Just let it out, the real way.... The way you needed to all along."

"Perhaps, we can help save each other."

"Touch her again, and I swear I'll kill you."

"You don't have to thank me, Sakura. I'm here for you if you need me, okay? Just like you have been there for me..."

"I promise, I won't let anything like that happen to you, ever again."

"I thought I lost you...."

"As long as you're learning and trying, that's enough. Because that's how we get stronger."

"Of course."

There was so much, I realized, so much that we had gone through together. We pushed through all the hardships, sharing laughter during happy moments, and being there to pull each other out of the darkness if one of us were hurting. And it was because of that, our bond had grown stronger. There were so many times that he had proven how truly fearless and strong he was, and that he would do anything to protect who he cared about. It was quite obvious, really, and I wanted to slap myself for not realizing it earlier.

The lingering gazes, soft laughter, and hesitant touches.

All the things he'd been able to extract from me- the way my heart hammered whenever I looked at him. The way he smiled, taking my breath away when he looked at me. The way he made my cheeks go warm when he always seemed to wait specifically for me. And the way he would always ask if I was okay made my heart melt- had been all due to one thing.

I don't know exactly when, but I had somehow, unintentionally, formed a crush on Shoto Todoroki.

'I have a crush on my best friend.'

"Fuck."

I stumbled, suddenly losing the strength to even stand. I leaned against a lamp post, feeling extremely glad that the street was completely deserted.

How could I have a crush on Shoto? How could I have a crush on my best friend?

"Oh my god, what the fuck," I muttered with wonder, placing a hand on my spinning head. "What the fuck."

How could I have let this happen?

Sinking to the ground, I plopped myself down on the concrete. I was grateful that no one was out to witness my wretched appearance.

Growing up, I had always wondered what it was like to have a crush on someone, but I never thought I would have one on someone like Shoto Todoroki. He was just so... perfect.

He was second to none the best looking boy in the entire school and the most popular. There probably was even a Shoto Todoroki fangirl club fawning over him at this very moment.

"He's way out of my league..." I sighed, holding up a hand to push back my bangs away from my eyes. "Someone like me.... could never be good enough for someone like him..."

My own words made me sad, knowing that it was the truth. Shoto was unbelievably flawless. I, on the other hand, had countless flaws- I was incredibly reckless, problematic, damaged, and...

"How does it feel to be a fraud in your little world of heroes?"

Oh, and of course there's that.

There was not a chance that someone like Shoto, who was already on his way on becoming an amazing hero, could possibly like someone who was a fraud. Someone who only causes problems and pain. Someone like me.

Tears started to form in my eyes, blurring my vision as I felt an overwhelming sadness hit me, and it hit me hard.

I had a crush on Shoto Todoroki and there was nothing I could do about it.

'God, why now? This is the last thing I need in my life. It was already chaotic and hard enough.'

"Ahhh," I wiped my eyes as I let out a sad chuckle. "Wow, I'm such a fucking mess. I knew I shouldn't have come out today hahah....."

My laugh trailed off quickly, and there was a serene silence. The world seemly paused, giving me a minute to collect my racing thoughts. I sat there for a few more moments as my mind drifted back to reality.

'My life was a complete mess and I need to get myself together. I don't have the time and luxury to pursue romance anyways...'

I slowly stood up, slinging my bag over my shoulder again. I wiped the tears away from my cheeks and took a deep breath as I saw the sun setting and the moon beginning to rise.

"It's alright, I'll be okay... It's just a tiny crush, after all," I quietly mumbled with furrowed brows as I headed towards home. "I can pus- no...."

"I will push it down."

A/N: HA did you y'all think it was going to be that easy? Nope, there's going to be some love drama angst and oh how much we love that.

so before we get into the whole shit show with the training camp, I'm going to be taking you through the events of two heroes! i'm in the midst of writing it, but I need to edit more before posting them. get ready for some epic scenes of sakura being a bad ass and the rest of the gang! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

743K 22K 28
"Its just..." her eyes were brimming with tears. 'No please dont cry,' I silently begged, 'I can't stand to see you hurt.' "...I-I dont want to see a...
36.1K 931 72
Moving in Japan alone for her was a nightmare , yes it truly was. Being alone was what scared her the most. She would always blame herself and thinki...
1.6M 45.1K 80
Y/N L/N, an insanely talented 15 year old girl with an incredible quirk. Accepted into UA High School, the best hero school in all of Japan with the...
2.8M 98.5K 161
"...You can't go through life on your own, just like a hero can't always save the day on their own. Sometimes, they need a bit of help from their fri...