Unspoken Thing (An Owen Grady...

By nightmare597

*COMPLETED, UNDER EDITING.* You'd think working in Jurassic World would be filled with more excitement. But n... More

Chapter 1 New Beginnings
Chapter 2 Owen Grady
Chapter 3 Hoskins
Chapter 4 Drunk
Chapter 5 The Morning After
Chapter 7 Friday Night
Chapter 8 Jealousy
Chapter 9 Heavy Tension
Chapter 10 Alpha
Chapter 11 Guilt
Chapter 12 Unspoken
Chapter 13 Zach And Gray
Chapter 14 Run
Chapter 15 Indominus Rex
Chapter 16 Just Out Of The Water
Chapter 17 Reunion
Chapter 18 Hide and Seek
Chapter 19 The Final Stand
Chapter 20 A Familiar End

Chapter 6 Persistent Offer

3.1K 74 36
By nightmare597

Arriving at work you were quick to flee into owen's office making sure you hadn't missed any important emails while dealing with your friend last night. Just as you sat down at the chair you jumped your phone vibrating in your back pocket making you inhale sharply at first before relaxing as you reached for it to see who was calling.

Please don't be business, please don't be business.

You pleaded in your thoughts as you looked at the caller ID only to let out a sigh of relief as you saw it was Claire calling.

"Hello?" You answered swiftly letting the phone rest between your shoulder and ear while you logged into your account checking your emails quickly.

"(Y/N), you didn't answer my calls last night is everything okay?" Claire sounded panicked and you knew she must be stressed out about her day today. If you remember correctly she's got a lot on her plate.

"Ah! I'm sorry Claire I was busy last night." You huffed through your nose reading over some emails. Growling a bit to your self reading some of the ones sent to you by Hoskins team.

Asshat.

You insulted him childishly in your head turning the chair now to face the desk, now holding your phone up to your ear with your hand.

"Busy? With what? You should of been off work last night when I called. It was only 9:30." Claire didn't sound impressed as she spoke.

"What? No no, don't put that there." Claire sounded like she was talking away from the phone at some one before returning sounding irritated now.

"Sorry I got a new temporary assistant since you've left and she's just...not as helpful as you are." Claire groaned into the phone.

"Don't worry about it Claire, no big deal." You shrugged beginning to sort through some papers that had been placed on the desk probably this morning.

"Anyway, what were you doing last night that made us unable to talk?" Claire cleared her throat changing the subject.

"I was out with Owen and Barry." You summarized quickly reading over some of the words on a paper you had picked up.

"Owen?" Claire muttered under her breath, sounding like she didn't want you to hear her say his name.

"Oh, you were out with Mr. Grady?" She had cleared her throat again, you could almost see her shaking her head.

"Don't worry nothing happened. Well apart from him getting so drunk and I had to take him home." You laughed a bit though you winced at the memory of last night.

Poor Owen.

"You took him home?" There was a passive aggressive tone to Claire's words and you guessed you must of indirectly made her jealous.

"Claire relax," you breathed calmly, "I took him home and got him situated. As his assistant he's my responsibility, and that means catering to what he needs in the moment. That happened to be vomit clean up and some sleep."

"Yeah but (Y/N)-" Claire sounded like she wanted to argue and you quickly cut her off.

"Claire. I promise you nothing happened, I'm not interested in him and I know you still have a "thing" for him, so don't worry."

I mean he's a sweet guy and all but I don't want to be that girl and steal her best friend's man.

You cringed at that thought looking to the side as you just sat there in the chair now. Claire seemed to let out a breath on the other side of the phone like she had been holding it.

"I do not still have thing for Mr. Grady I'm just merely concerned for you." Claire quickly switched to her professional voice. You rolled your eyes a bit trying to smile but deep down, maybe you were a little jealous of her. Oh well, you don't mind being alone if everyone else is happy. Leaning against the desk you rested your elbow against the wood your chin making its self comfortable in the palm of your hand as you hummed a bit.

"Yeah sure, you weren't jealous." You teased a bit.

"You just wanna see what it's like in bed with him."

"(Y/N)!" Claire screeched a bit into the phone sounding flustered making you laugh a little as you closed your eyes.

"Kidding!" You laughed a little more only to open your eyes hearing voices talking just outside the door to the office.

"I swear! What am I going to do with you! I would never, I can't believe you." Claire scoffed to her self but you knew you were right. She still likes him, and the longer you spend time with Owen the more you see what she was seeing. You've definitely grown to respect him, he's definitely a leader even if it seems he doesn't want to be. Though you just won't mention last night.

"Aw don't be like that." You whined in hopes to bury your feelings that were beginning to bubble scoffing in your head.

I've only known him for 3 weeks I'm not a Disney princess I'm not gonna fall that fast.

You frowned a bit only to tense watching the door knob beginning to jiggle some one clearly was about to open the door.

"Hey I gotta go I've got a lot of work to do today and by the sound of it so do you. Don't forget to call your sister after lunch." You spoke quickly and Claire seemed to think about it.

"You're right," she sighed, "talk to you later, goodbye."

"Bye." You hung up the phone stuffing it back in your pocket to press a professional smile against your lips as you looked at who ever walked through the door seeing it was owen. Looking much cleaner than he had looked this morning.

Smells better too.

You wanted to laugh at that thought.

"Took you long enough." You joked turning to face the computer. Owen paused only laughed sarcastically at you.

"Ha, ha, very funny." Owen smiled a bit at you his eyes narrowing as you typed into the computer.

"Well I got an email from Hoskins team, he'll be seeing us close to Christmas again before I leave. As for the other monthly reviews he'll be sending someone by next month on the 17th." You keep avoiding Owen's eyes for your own sake.

"Ugh thanks for ruining my day, my head is still killing me." Owen complained grabbing something from a shelf before stopping at the door after you laughed a bit with a sorry leaving your lips.

"Uh hey, actually." Owen paused turning to look at you seeing you now looking up at him.

"You busy Friday?"

You looked up at him curiously. Your lips pressing into a thin line of concentration as you just stared.

Friday?

"Why?" Finally you answered. Suddenly owen felt like he was on the spot.

"I wanted a way to say thanks for dealing with me last night, figured you'd enjoy a night in the park. Just as friends though." He cleared his throat awkwardly. You laughed a little looking at him amused.

"Oh just as friends?" You leaned forward on the desk now crossing your arms unintentionally flaunting your chest as your (E/C) eyes lingered on his own eyes.

"You aren't trying to make a pass at me are you?" You grinned cheekily and Owen felt his chest tighten at the sight. You're definitely much more comfortable with him now that's for sure. His heart was beating and he could hear it in his ears as he looked at you nearly feeling faint from the sensation of it.

Whoa am I coming off as too strong?

Your eyes widen observing how his face became a nice shade of red like he wasn't used to this sort of behavior, which was hard to believe, so you quickly waved your hands sitting up straight.

"Relax I'm kidding, I'm kidding!" You gasped out a bit watching as he let out a breath. Almost a sigh of relief.

"I know." Owen laughed a little shaking his head, brushing the sensation off quickly.

"I'm just having a hell of a hangover today." He groaned now and you just snickered a bit seeming more lively than when he had seen you after waking up.

"Well don't let that interfere with work." You began to straighten up the papers you had been looking at, sorting them into things that needed to be signed and things that just needed to go in a folder.

"You didn't answer my question." Owen stepped forward now fully in front of the desk as you looked up at him blinking.

Oh I guess I didn't.

You hummed a bit in thought before giving him a sweet smile that made his chest feel funny again.

"If you can give more details I'll tell you my answer."

Owen stood there thinking, after all he didn't just want to openly say he had no idea what the two of you would do. Just something so he could get to know the real you better. Though now he's a little afraid. You've shown him a lot of glimpses of the real you, and he likes the real you. Maybe a little too much.

"Well, I was thinkin' maybe dinner, catch a late show since you said you want to see the dinosaurs closer up. Maybe a movie?" Owen raised an eyebrow curiously at you.

"So not a date?" You had picked up a pen to beginning signing things pointing it at Owen with a teasing smile and he rolled his eyes to it.

"Right."

"It does sound fun..." you trailed off after he answered tapping the pen against your lips.

"But why do you feel like you need to thank me? I don't need to be bought you know." Your eyes narrowed suspiciously. Owen stared at you before smirking at your comment. Well good to know you're not that kind of woman, not that he thought you were anyway.

"Cause it's a nice thing to do, I'm not buyin' you, if I wanted to buy you I'd of done it last night." Owen wiggled his eyebrows suggestively watching as you turned away blushing a bit with a sarcastic laugh leaving your lips now. He leaned forward pressing his hands against the desk to gaze at you deeply.

"What do you say?"

"What time would you be picking me up?" You looked back at him after a second.

"Maybe 9?" His answer was quick.

"On your motorcycle?" You raised a brow.

"Naturally." His smirk widened.

"I'll...think about it." You stood up grinning widely as you began to clip some papers to your clip board.

"Oh come on, that normally means no." Owen trailed after you as you walked towards the door and you turned to look at him your hair flipping with your head movement. You grasped the handle of the door giving him a professional smile.

"Work first, then ask me again later." And with that you quickly left the office leaving Owen staring at you.

It's not that you don't like the idea but it did sort of feel like a date. Part of you is afraid, afraid maybe these rising feelings for him will definitely turn into something and that's the last thing you need. Owen left the office shortly after you and saw that you had walked up the stairs to be standing on the cat walk checking things off on your clip board.

At the moment you decided to mark off things to keep everything in check, these men could be so dangerously unorganized in this sort of profession. Luckily Barry wasn't like that so you knew when you left that he'd take over these duties.

Through out the remainder of the day Owen kept asking you if you'd accept. Various pleases, teasing, and sarcastic remarks all coming from him in an attempt to get you to accept his offer. You ignored him to do your work but when he wasn't looking you were laughing behind your clipboard, or behind a bucket while cleaning or filling them up.

At last the end of the day rolled by and you were packing up some papers to type up at home about to walk to your car only to stop hearing someone shout your name.

Owen.

You suppressed a grin and turned around as he ran up to you like a kid almost.

"Okay I've asked all day, you've gotta have an answer by now!" He sounded a little pissed. But you knew he wasn't.

"What if I don't?" You raised an eyebrow trying to keep a neutral face.

"Then I'm gonna drag you're damn ass out as a thank you no matter what you say!" Owen growled a bit and you couldn't hold it back any longer. You laughed loudly trying not to come across as rude turning away to laugh into your hand as Owen stared at you confused at first before you recollected your self.

"Owen id love to hang out on Friday." Your eyes soften considerably.

"Then why the hell were you having me run around following you like a lost dog?!" Owen stared at you in disbelief.

"Oh come on it was funny." You laughed and Owen gave you a look. But his smile said he agreed.

"Fuck you."

"See you tomorrow, Friday at 9 right?" You began to walk to your car before turning around looking at him to make sure you had the day and time right.

"Yeah." You both stared at one another until at last you both said goodnight leaving to go home. You just hoped Claire wouldn't be mad hearing you accepted his offer.

Nah, why would she be? We're just friends.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

207K 5.9K 16
Sky was born and raised into a dinosaur family. She didn't really have a choice, her uncle being Alan Grant from the original Jurassic Park. Currentl...
226K 7.3K 31
Moving to California to start fresh to get away from an ex who broke your heart. Along the way you meet an old friend. She's your rock, your cheerlea...
2K 105 10
3 years ago... 3 years ago Y/n's best friend told her that if she went back to that cursed island she would be safe working with raptors. Now that so...
3.2K 129 10
22 years... 22 years since the fall of the ill-fated Jurassic Park. Now Jurassic World has come into the light and set out to achieve the goals the f...