Back in time

By DreamersMindd

After sharing a special moment, he left her for an opportunity that he could not refuse. Fate reunites them... More

The beginning-Chapter 1
Meeting Darius-Chapter 2
Surprise beautiful-Chapter 3
Reunited-Chapter 4
FlashBack-Chapter 5
Happy Birthday -Chapter 6
Get you back-Chapter 8
What just happened??-Chapter 9
The Recovery-Chapter 10
Back to normal ?-Chapter 11
When life gives you lemons - Chapter 12
The Truth- Chapter 13
1k Reads 😫😫
"Party over here, Party over there" - Chapter 14
Confessions - chapter 15
Together - Chapter 16
Feelings - Chapter 17
Answers - Chapter 18
Repercussions- Chapter 19
Code Red -Chapter 20
Grand Opening- Chapter 21
Grand Opening part 2- Chapter 22
The end of us - Chapter 23
Emotional- Chapter 24
When we made sense - chapter 25
What now - Chapter 26
A long night ahead chapter 27
A long night ahead pt 2 Chapter 28

Can we talk-Chapter 7

487 15 10
By DreamersMindd

Kendra

05th May

Shan and I looked damn Goooodt. If I do say so myself. We were serving. PERIODT.

So currently, we were standing in a circle of laughter surrounded by East, Keem, Micheal and I believe the last one was called Shaquille but everyone calls him Shaq.

I'd never met any of them before but they certainly took a liking to Shan and I mean but who wouldn't. We lit !! I liked their vibe so far no complaints.

The laughter began to die down as the birthday boy came over. We caught eyes with each-other and even after all these years I hate to admit it but he still somewhat makes my heart skip a beat.

"I ain't know you were gonna be here" he says directly staring at me.

Before I have a chance to answer, Keem opens his mouth and says "Wooow so it's just fuck us huh ? We've been here waiting for your ass for an hour, I ain't even eaten properly"

Then Darius, waves him off laughing responding, "Nigga, you made yourself a plate from before everyone even shouted surprise"

They all start laughing , then East speaks up, whilst Dabbing him up. "Wassup birthday boy took yo ass long enough to get here. I was about to leave. This why we call your ass pretty boy"

"Yeah, you know his highlighter ass was probably doing his eyebrows or some shit" Shaq said. We all began to roar with laughter.

"How ya'll gonna dog me on my birthday. Ya'll treating me wrong" he said mean mugging them.

Then he took a step forward infront of me saying "Can we talk ?"

I nod my head as I agree to have a conversation with him. Can I just say that I immediately caught butterflies ya'll. I wasn't really sure where this conversation would go. Before we segregate into a space of our own I turn to Shan and say I'll be right back.

It seemed like she didn't even notice I was gone, this Heffer was too mesmerised by East. I mean I don't blame her that man is fine. Mmmmm if I was single. I start to mentally fan myself as I follow behind Darius.

Darius and I were now face to face almost as if we were waiting for the other to start talking first. Damn he looked good. But he always looks good, I haven't seen him since we were 18 and his body has really matured. His features, his tattoos, I wonder if his Di- Omg Dre snap out of it!! You have a whole man !! Anyways lemme focus on what this man is saying.

He cleared his throat "You look beautiful"

I look down at my feet and respond "Thank you very much Maurice"

He puts his hand on my chin and puts my head up. "Same old Dre Dre, always putting your head down when I compliment you and you always loved calling me by my middle name" he says smirking.

I smirk at him and move his hand. Clearing my throat I say "Thank you so much for the present, you really ain't have to spend that much money on me. And of course had to let these hoes know, we are not the same."

He waves me off like it was a small thing.

"Nahh fr tho, you iced me out" I say striking a pose.

"Yeah but you deserve it plus you gotta be stuntin' like big Daddy"

"Okay firstly, how you know what I deserve when I ain't seen in 7 years ? and secondly I ain't ever called you Daddy"

He takes one step forward with me now leaning against the banister, and him directly infront of me. Whilst putting his hands beside mine and now breathing down my neck awakening every sexual fibre in my body.

In a lustful chuckle he answers "Because I know you babygirl. And you sure you ain't ever called me Daddy....I could've sworn....you screamed it for me one time whilst I was.... sucking on your....." with that he lifted up my chin again just as he was about to kiss me my phone rang.

Saved by the bell.

I now move myself from underneath him clearing my throat answering my phone, not even checking the caller ID.

"Hello ?"

"Hey bae"

I instantly felt guilty

"Hi boo, how are you ?"

"I'm good just missing your fine ass. You still at the party ?"

"Yeah I'm still here but When I get home you gonna show me how much you've missed me?"

"Of course, you don't even have to ask you know that"

I giggle to myself. This man really makes feel like a teenager. "Ite well I'll let you know when I'm leaving"

"You need me to come get you ?"

"Nah Shan rode with me so I have to drop her home, but I'll be home soon"

"Ite take care of yourself"

"Ite bye babe"

With that I hang up and walk back over to Darius.

I sigh before even giving him a chance to speak. "Look Darius, whatever that was about to happen, shouldn't have almost happened. It shouldn't have even been close to happening."

"Kendra, why you fighting this baby ? Why you fighting us ?"

"Oh now there's an us? Look sorry lover boy, but I didn't even come here for you. I came here for your Mom. She invited me."

"My Mom?"

"Yes. She got my number from Keem and she was raving about this surprise party she was throwing you and how she wanted me here no ifs or buts. She ain't even give me a chance to say yes or no"

We both laugh at how crazy Mama J is.

"Look, whatever the reason I'm glad you came. I miss you Dre..."

"Darius, don't do this"

"Do what ?"

"Don't come back after all these years and think we can just pick up from where we left off. You left ! Remember! You don't get to come back and make me fall in love with you all over again. I'm in a relationship D"

"With who ?"

I straight face him. "You met him D, don't do that"

"I'm not doing nothing"

"Mmhmm. Sure you ain't"

"Look all I know is that you shouldn't be with a guy like that"

"And why's that mr. I know everything"

"I don't know everything. But I know everything that pertains to you. I know that sad movies make you cry. I know that you laugh hysterically at any meme with Kermit the frog in it. I know that you hate having your hair in a bun because you think it makes you head look huge"

A small smile creeps on my face as his listing his knowledge about me.

"I know that snickers are your favourite chocolate bar. I know that you hated your thighs growing up because you were always thick, even though I already told you thick thighs save lives. I know that when your mother died you were scared you weren't gonna make her proud even though I never doubted you, I know that you got 10 beauty marks in total all over your body....and I know that spot that makes you loose your mind right....before.... I make you squirt....." he says now speaking in just a whipser whilst serenading my ear.

It's like we were in a world of our own, where our love language was the only thing that kept us going.

"....Maurice...."

"Don't fight it D....please...lemme make this right again, us...I want you back..."

Just staring at him in that moment I didn't know what to say. It's been years since we've spoken and he remembers every little thing about me. I can't lie he made me feel all fuzzy inside. Not like sexual, well at least not until that last line. But before that last line he just made me feel like we were back in high school. Two teenagers who were so infatuated with being with each-other and never wanting to leave each other's side.

But even in that freeze frame moment I couldn't let myself forget how he hurt me. I can't lie, I was still hurt.

I step back. "Darius...I can't" at this point my eyes start watering.

"Baby, what's wrong?"

"Please don't call me that D. I can't give you what you want"

"Dre if this is about that corny ass nigga you with then idgaf about him. I'm not going anywhere."

"It's not just about Jayden D. It's about you"

He looked puzzled. "About me ?"

"Yes!! What am I supposed to just erase the last 7 years D? You left !! You were my best friend, we spoke about our future together, we spoke about college and kids and all that stuff. You took my virginity D. I gave myself to you because I trusted you. I trusted that my best friend would be there for me. Forever. We made love D, then a week after you just leave. You start dogging my calls, text messages No good bye, No letting me know where you were going. You just left."

At this point tears were streaming down my face I hadn't even noticed. "Do you know how bad you made me feel ?? Everyone always talked about you being a Mack and an asshole and a complete jerk. But like the dumbass I am I defended yo ass. Like nah he's my bestfriend. I trust him with everything. And when I did, you left. You made me feel like I was nothing. Like I didn't mean anything to you, like I was just another body on your hit list. But do you know what you were to me D, the love of my life. And it's funny because you turned out to be my first sexual Experince, my first love and first heartbreak all in one. You taught me a lot of lessons"

At this point he was was just silent, then began to open his mouth. "D I was trying protect you "

I chuckle softly "....the only thing you should've protected me from is yourself....Happy birthday D"

And with that I walk away. What do you do when the boy you love is a danger to your health 💔

New cast:

Shaq

East

Micheal

The truth is finally here about why Kendra and Darius fell out 😩. Let me know what ya'll thinking so far❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

751K 13.5K 30
Book 2 of the Trey Songz Fanficition
98.9K 2.7K 42
My best friend or my old sneak link? School or money? Peace or revenge? Love or Hate?
82K 2.9K 52
When was the right time to love? That's what everyone asked themselves. But what if you had it but then it slipped away from you? Would you chase...
7.9K 500 33
Driven by artistic passion and a longing for change, Clovel boldly uprooted his life, moving to California to break free from the stagnant cycle and...