ii. RAVAGE 🔥 Newt [TMR] (ON...

By kattmanabat

[ BOOK 2 in the Pyromania Multiverse Series ] ───In which a certain blonde was mesmerized by a mysterious gir... More

PROLOGUE
.
. . .
. . . .

. .

711 34 21
By kattmanabat

CHAPTER
TWO
_________________

AVA PAIGE KEPT HER WORD. Jane was sent to the infirmary but in a distance, she noticed a pair of guards. They didn't let their sight off of her. Jane knew they wouldn't trust her wholly until she actually shows her loyalty. Of course she would do her best to obey like a good little girl would, but nothing can ever stop her tongue and keep her mouth shut.

They gave her food to consume. Lots of food and water. After that, she was back in her cage once again, but she didn't expect a visitor. Visitors, apparently.

"Ms. Bertrand meet Thomas. Thomas, meet Ms. Bertrand. She will be your project at the same time your student. She is Experiment Zero." Ava Paige introduced a teenage boy that seemed to be around her age.

He had sandy brown hair and eyes that studied the bruised girl up and down. The bruises were already starting to heal, but they were still evident.

Jane looked down as it was the first time in years she had an interaction with a boy. The last time she talked to a boy didn't even end well, but the douche bag having a nosebleed brought satisfaction to herself.

She finally snapped her head up as her crimson red eyes met his brown ones.

His eyes grew wide when he noticed the unusual colour of hers.
She felt like she was being scrutinized and it made her feel self concious, but she still kept her tough exterior and held her intimidating gaze.

She didn't see repulsion in his features like many others did when they look at her. What she saw was confusion..... and pity. She tried to resist the urge to scoff and roll her eyes but with the blonde woman's statement, she couldn't.

"Yeah. A fucking lab rat. That's me." She deadpanned. Her face was blank while she pointed her thumbs at herself. "And can you please stop the formalities. We're way passed that after everything you did to me. And it makes me feel fucking old."

The blonde woman sent a stern look to the petite girl and cleared her throat, "Jane-"

"I... I don't understand." Thomas intervened and spoke up as he turned to the blonde woman beside him. "You said this project was an experiment. A weapon. This.... She is a person. What- What happened to her? Did you do this?"

The file Thomas read didn't identify if Project Ravage was a thing or a person. Everything that was written there were only abilities and strengths and weaknesses. It made him suspicious and confused to the point that he wasn't confident that he could do the project successfully. He thought Ada, a friend of his, could do a better job in this. So, he asked the Doctor and her only reply was that it was better to show him.

He actually thought that WICKED couldn't go any worse, but he was wrong all along.

"Calm, Thomas." Ava placed a hand on his shoulder, but her endeavor to calm him failed as he shrugged her off.

"Calm down?"

She heaved a sigh as she expands, "She was unstoppable and she needed to be put under control. We made a deal. She pledged her loyalty to us and she needs our help to teach her. You read the file, correct? That is why she needs a teacher. She needs someone like you. You know how dangerous she is."

Thomas' gaze flickered back to the red eyed girl as she opened her mouth once again.

"Yeah, Tom-Tom. You know how dangerous I am." The red eyed girl sent the frantic boy a smirk.

"Jane." Ava sent a warning look to the girl while Jane just raised her arms in surrender.

"Yeah.. She looks so dangerous to me." Thomas stated, a sarcastic tone laced on his voice as he eyed her bruises.

"You are one of the smartest people I know, and I believe that you'll succeed in this project."

"I ca- I can't do this..." the blonde placed her hand on the boy's shoulder gently.

"I believe in you, Thomas."

Jane rolled her eyes as she crossed her arms.

"I have a meeting. I'll be waiting for your reports. Be careful, Thomas. And Jane, behave."

After that, Ava Paige casually sauntered out the room, oblivious of Jane's hoisted middle finger.

Thomas looked at Jane. And Jane looked at Thomas. Silence filled the air until the crimson eyed girl let out a boisterous laugh. It made him even more confused than he already was.

"Thomas the train. Get it?"

◢◤◇◥◣◥◤◢◤◆◥◣◥◤◢◤◇◥◣

"WHAT ARE YOU STILL DOING HERE, go back to your momma and send her reports. Oh wait, you don't have any."

Jane wants to know how Thomas can help her besides controlling her powers. The crimson eyed girl was still suspicious of him. Well, she's always suspicious. However, she doesn't want to admit it aloud but she still thinks he's sort of... Hot. Although, she's still in a dilemma whether he was really smart as they say he was or just dumb who pretends to be smart.

Thomas heaved a sigh and sent the girl an irritated look. "I can't do this- I don't know how to do this."

"Oh, they didn't tell you. Well, this-" her index finger pointed at the choker encompassing her neck. "Keeps me powerless. There's a key to remove it."

"Ada.." Thomas muttered under his breath. Jane barely heard his inaudible voice.

"But I still don't know what to do... What if you get out of control after we remove it?"

"Come on, Thomas the train. You're the smart one, right?"

"Will you stop calling me that?"

Jane leaned back on her bed as she heaved a sigh. "You're boring. I can't practice my powers yet because apparently you don't know how to teach me. I need entertainment so I'm just gonna ask questions that you gotta answer."

"Okay, fine." Thomas sighed in defeat. His anxiety was still evident as his legs bounced up and down.

"What do you do?"

"Well.. I... help them." Thomas stated with evident sadness in his voice.

"Obviously." Jane deadpanned as she rolled her eyes. "Well, do you have a crush on someone then?"

Thomas was taken aback by the girl's query. She has been through too much that makes one insane but she almost seems playful. Why is she so calm and cheerful? He didn't notice the glint in her eyes; she was on to something and he missed it.

The question caused the teenage boy to blink in surprise as his cheeks flushed.

Jane snorted before she said, "You do."

"Okay, yeah. I do, alright. Are we done now?"

"No, not yet. What's her name? Is she hot?" asked she.

"I can't answer that.." said he.

"Okay, but is she hot though?"

"Yes!"

"Okay. Okay. Chill down, dude."

"Are you done?" He ran his fingers through his brown hair as he licked his lips.

"No. If you have a chance of getting out of this place, would you?"

And then suddenly they were silent. Thomas' features softened as he looked on the plain white ground. Jane's suspicious red eyes was replaced by curiosity. She waited impatiently. Does he actually want to? Or is this just another 'I'm loyal to WICKED' thingy?

"So?" the girl raised a brow, genuinely curious of his answer.

Thomas' brown eyes met her red ones as he found his voice and opened his mouth to speak, "I can't watch my friends die anymore." said he in a whisper.

But it was still loud enough for Jane to hear. The corner of her mouth twitched upward into a smirk as she found someone that can actually help her with her plans.

The door swung open and it caught the pair's attention. A short haired girl appeared. "Tommy, there you ar- Oh. Hi?"

The brown haired girl's eyes widened as her eyes landed on the device on Jane's neck, and then her gaze trailed on the bruises all over her body. "Holy shit!"

Jane's crimson blood eyes met her chocolate brown ones. The short haired girl looked like she had been crying.

Damn. She's Pretty. She thought. Her eyes widened as her cheeks flushed, surprising herself. She shook the thought away and fortunately, she didn't utter it aloud.

"Ada, what are you doing here?"

Jane watched the two converse as she tuned out, thinking of the hunger she had for that kind of friendship.
A part of her wanted to have friends. A part of her was chiding herself for even thinking of that because she knew she couldn't trust anyone.

And in the midst of the savage wolves. She knew she was the lone wolf.

She only cares about herself. And no one else.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

563K 34.4K 98
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
177K 4.6K 20
Your daughter runs off while you were in the middle of grocery shopping because she spotted Max, her favourite driver. Meeting you, Max wants to know...
307K 10.1K 52
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024 Started: April 8, 2024 Completed: May 10, 2...
225K 9.2K 60
𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in 𝗗𝗘𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗦 OR 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire and charle...