The Moment I Knew

Por LivYourLife5

Taylor and Ryan have been best friends their whole life. They've been there for each other for tragedies, fir... Más

chapter 1
next chapter
next chapter

next chapter

21 0 0
Por LivYourLife5

dedicated to her^ for following me<3 thanks so much, you're a doll!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"...right there. Now lift...ready? Squirt!" Allie was whisper-yelling bringing me out of my deep sleep. She burst out laughing and I looked up at the ceiling wondering if there was a leak because my back felt wet. It's either water or sweat. Gross. For my own mental well being, it's water.

I move slightly and blink twice, each time seeing quick flashes of light in my face and I swear I'm going insane this morning. Allie is still laughing in the background, so I finally start to sit up, with my eyes closed, putting my elbows on the ground-

"MKHKH TAYLUH!" Ryan barely choked out, and that's when I realized my whole body was flailed over his, and my elbows didn't just jam into the ground, they jammed into Ryan's neck.

"HOLY CRAP Ryan I'm so sorry!" I yelled sitting up with my elbows pointed away from him. "Ah, are you okay? What was I thinking, I don't really know, and what am I doing on top of, what the hell I'm soaking wet!" I rambled, jumping up as I just noticed my shirt was completely stuck to my body. I touch it and try shaking it out, but as I do, it slips right out of my hold, leaving a track of whipped cream.

"Allie what the hell did you do to me?" I spin around seeing Ryan's little cousin taking snapshots of the scene in front of him and her lying on the floor, hitting her foot on the ground and laughing like a hyena. I rush over to her and pull her up shrieking, "Allie what is this! Look at me!"

"Trust me, honey, I've looked at you." She says laughing louder beyond belief. Oh my god, someone shut her up.

"Well then stop! I look like some hung-over teenager who was so wasted that she passed out behind a freaking dumpster and was rescued by a freaking clown!"

"I've got to say I don't disagree with anything you just said," Allie snorted out. Oh good, I'm not the only one who thinks so, I thought. And adding to my humiliation, my model-worthy looks were created by some 9-year old nerf-gun-champion who water-gunned the death out of me using water and whipped cream. That little twerp is going to get it.

I sigh, giving up on Allie and putting my money on Trip. "Hey Trip!" I call to Ryan's little cousin, letting go of Allie and inching closer to him with every word. "How've you been? Had fun last night? Nowgivemeyourcamera," I stumble out, diving for his camera. He darts away giving Allie a heads up before throwing the camera over to her. "Oh, I see how it is."

"Oh don't worry everybody, I might not need emergency trachea surgery after all if you were wondering," Ryan blurts out, bringing some attention to him. Oh yeah, I forgot about Ryan and I's mishap. But his attempt wasn't good enough.

"Trip, you come back here!" I yell chasing this little booger around his room, in circles may I add, and successfully failing in every way to retrieve the camera. He slips his tiny body out of the room in a split second leaving me running behind and slamming into the door he just shut in my face. Now it's my turn to sound like Dinozzo. "Oyyye, fudging shit-pox, ouch," I stammer out, barely finishing one word.

I'm sure after face planting into the door I now look as deformed as Tom & Jerry after a constant 30 minutes of intense fighting.

I sit up, rubbing my head, taking myself out of la-la-land and back to reality. Sadly, this is my reality: Allie laughing so hard she is actually physically assaulting the carpet, and Ryan snoring because he seemed to fall back asleep after my elbow jammed in his throat. It's good to know I have friends that care about me.

I sat up rubbing my forehead trying to prevent future bruising, moaning with every touch.

"Oh man, you just...ran...into that door!" Allie was still laughing hysterically, and still lying on the floor with actual tears falling out of her eyes.

"Hey, don't judge! I just woke up and he is like the smallest person known to man, you would've done the same thing!" I said defending myself.

She said something, but it was completely incoherent due to the fit of giggles still escaping her mouth. What is she high or something?

I lied back down still feeling the heaviness of sleep on my body, and didn't want to deal with morning, or my injury, just yet. Thinking about the turn of events the past couple days, I drifted off into almost-sleep.

Yesterday, me and Allie were just getting ready for the game, gossiping, you know, the usual, and when we get there we are bombarded with guys. Very attractive guys, may I add. Allie was taken-hints to the past tense-so she left me to deal with 4 horny guys I've never even met. Even though I've been lacking on the dating scale lately, I wasn't even remotely attracted to one of those guys, so I opted out and went looking for Allie. You all know what happened then, the worst of the worst, and that just put a huge weight on our shoulders, and we didn't even have Ryan there to help keep it up. Thankfully we met up with him, and called for an EMS, or an emergency-movie-sleepover. And that leads up to now, a Saturday morning, and I'm already a mess.

Mess. To me that can describe a whole list of things. It's reminding me of my relationship with Ryan of the past week. It's like something shifted, and we...I don't know...but-

"Taylor?" my eyes shot open, and I saw Ryan hovering above me. How ironic...

I blinked a couple times, and finally shook the blur from my eyes and said, "y-yeah?"

"You have this huge bruise on your forehead," he said lending a hand to help me up, "and how long have you been sleeping over here?" he asked, brushing his fingers over the slightly protruded, blue and brown bump.

I flinched, moving his fingers away from my damaged face. "Ow!"

"Oh, sorry," he said, and then poled it one more time. Jesus, he should learn to stop messing with me; he just ends up getting injured! After a slap to his head, he put his hands in his sweatpants pockets. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. But is it that bad?" I said, cringing at the fact of going to school like an abused child on Monday, when this was completely my own fault. Scratch that, this all goes to Trip.

He held his pointer finger and thumb out in a circle. "Around that big," he said, shifting his feet.

"Ah, crap," I said shaking my head, and face-palming myself, which by the way, wasn't very smart. "Ah, shit! God, I'm so stupid!"

"Here let's go get you some ice..." he said, prodding my opposite shoulder forward and holding me tight. "What the hell is that from anyways?"

"Oh, so you were actually asleep." I asked in disbelief.

"Yes? I was asleep," he said dumbfounded.

"Like you weren't faking it?"

"No..."

"There's no way..." I mumbled to myself. Then, "okay well your punk of cousin decided to bombard me with booby traps this morning and while chasing him, he slammed the door in my face and tah-dah!" I said motioning to my work of art.

"Way to go Trip!" he said bursting out laughing, until I death-glared him back into reality.

"It was not funny!"

"A 9-year old outsmarted you, it's pretty funny," he said raising his eyebrows and laughing at me. I nudged his shoulder, laughing. Jeez, why is everybody so happy this morning? "I'm sorry, that's just funny."

"Yeah, yeah, well sorry for not passing the obstacle course in gym class," I retorted. "What happened to that ice you wanted to get me?"

"Hey, I am not your slave. You are coming with me," he says, literally pulling me by my arm out of the room to the kitchen.

"Fine," I grunt, but we've already made it to the kitchen. I pull out a barstool and lean my elbows on the counter, stifling a yawn.

"Here's your ice, my lady," he says sarcastically.

"Good, now you must bow to your queen," I say, smiling, remembering last night.

"Oh, not this again," he comments, smiling.

"Hmm, well I'm willing to forget if you do me a favor."

"And what may that be, your highness?"

"Just...can you ice my forehead for me? I can't really see where my bruise is, and the bag's really cold, but your hands-"

"Yes, Tay, I'll ice your head," he says matter-of-factly.

"Yuss, thank you!"

"Don't worry about it," he replies, taking the pack from my hands, our fingers accidentally brushing, and a jolt goes through me, making me drop the pack.

"Oh, sorry, here let me-"

"Here, I'll grab the-"

We both reach for the ice at the same time, of course, and bump our foreheads-well I'm just full of luck today aren't I?-and immediately react.

"Oh, Tay, are you okay? Your poor head!" Ryan comments, sounding like a girl.

I whisper profanities under my breath so nobody can hear and say, "No I'm fine, but are you okay? I like head-butted you to the floor," I said sympathy-smiling.

"You're the one with the kiwi-sized bruise sticking out of your head; that got to have hurt."

"Kiwi-sized, hmm, nice comparison," I said rubbing my forehead. "Well, you know when something hurts really bad, and you talk about it and it makes you want to cry? That's happening right now..."I told him, not making eye contact. I've never felt comfortable crying in front of people, even if it's someone I've known my whole life.

I felt him take a step closer as the heat of his body radiated around me. He lifted my chin with his finger making me look at him, straight in his blue eyes that take my breath away.

"I wish I could take your pain away," his deep, low voice whispered in my ear, making my heart beat quicken. He pulled me closer, our bodies meeting, and kissed my cheek.

Honestly, I already forgot about the whole morning, let alone the pain that should be shooting through my forehead.

His lips left my cheek, leaving me with a new found feeling of withdrawl as we stared each other in the eye.

I swear I could look at his eyes all day.

I hugged my arms tighter around his body as he was leaning closer to my face. My eyes drifted close as I barely heard that creak in the floor. It wasn't enough to register in my brain what I was doing, but what came next sure as hell did.

"Am I interrupting something?"

---

I kinda kept editing this, so you might wanna recheck it!

Thanks for reading! How do you like it?

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

108K 4.6K 53
The Madrid-Esquival siblings Nora, Fort, and Ansel, find love through their phones...and go from there. *** Nora's crush on her older brother's teamm...