To Betray A Mage (A Snowbaz F...

Od meloncholic_angel

Christmas Break is over and all the students are returning to Watford to continue the school year. For Simon... Více

Chapter 1: Caught!
Chapter 2: Everyone's Frustrated!

Chapter 3: A LOT of Emotions

26 3 4
Od meloncholic_angel

Simon:

The Mage turns to me the moment I enter his office.  He's livid.  "I want an explanation.  Now!" his voice is seething with uncontrolled rage.  I shrink under his fiery gaze, not even a whisper being able to come out of my mouth.  "All these years of training and plotting gone down the drain in an instant!  What about the war or the Humdrum?" 

"I'm still working on them... I..promise...I haven't forgotten about all this..."  I spill out hesitantly, my mind trying to focus on what I was saying.  Maybe that wasn't such a good idea, I realize a little too late.  The Mage's eyes are alight with anger and his mouth is set in a grim line.  When he next speaks, he's deathly calm.  "How can you still be working on them when you are snogging the enemy?" 

I silently take all of it in, the ball of guilt and regret in my stomach growing bigger and bigger.  Baz was right, we knew this wouldn't work out, yet I didn't think that the situation would become so much of a problem.  How did I ever think that this was a good idea?  The Mage continues his rant without a flaw.

"You're the freaking greatest Mage, why can't you just act like it?  First of all, you can't even control your power, how are you going to fight the Old Families, much less the Humdrum?  You can't do everything with that sword.  Second, you're off snogging the enemy!?  What has gotten into you?  Simon, you need to get a grip!"  These words hit like a knife being plunged into my chest.  I feel my magic surface for the second time today, and the urge to go off is much stronger than before.  It almost feels like a tap being turned on and left to fill an already overfilled bucket.  

The Mage has NEVER talked to me in such a way.  In a way that makes me feel small and powerless.  He'd always considered me equal to him, even when I was 11.  It's clear I've failed him, I can feel the weight of his disappointment hit me like a punch.  I feel sudden tears spill down my cheeks, but I do nothing to brush them away.  "I...I'm sorry..." I finally choke out.

The Mage just looks at me for several seconds, his eyes softening, but the look is gone within seconds.  His eyes harden to stones and he calmly says, "I'll give you two choices to right your recent wrongs.  You will either have to leave to the safe place I spoke to you about earlier this year or you will agree to have one of my men accompany you at all times.  He will make sure that you keep your distance from that boy and will inform me if he sees you frolicking around with him.  If that happens... I'll personally see to it that you're isolated without any contact from anyone at school, including that nosy friend of yours.  Now please, choose wisely.

**A/N:  Which one do you think he's going to choose??  Comment which one and why...  I'd love to hear your opinions.**

Baz

I walk into the breakfast hall, feeling Bunce's piercing gaze boring holes into the back of my head.  Ignoring her completely, I steer myself towards my usual table.  Dev and Niall were already there, munching away on their breakfast without a care.  I find myself effortlessly tuning out their conversation, my mind wandering to the subject of Simon and the mess of his life.  I knew this was coming since the moment in the woods.  

I should have pushed Simon away then, at least we wouldn't be in this situation now.  But, again, I was too weak to push him away and miss my chance of having his body held close to mine.  I study the hall, hoping to find the familiar blue eyes and bronze curls (that I'd gotten so accustomed to) in the crowd of students all down for breakfast, but Simon was not to be found.  Instead I find Wellbelove, staring back at me, her face a mixture of anger and hope.  

I arch my brow and smirk at her because I got nothing better to do and I fancied watching her get all pink and flustered.  True to my thought, her eyes widen in anger, but her cheeks become stained a rosy pink. She quickly averts her gaze, her neck burning the same color as her cheeks.

Smirking, I spare a glance towards Bunce who arches a brow like she knows exactly what I have in mind, while still keeping that glare on her face.  Bunce can be a scary person when she wants to be.  But she is also the smartest mage at Watford, next to me (of course).  She can go to very scary lengths to find answers to her questions.  Once her mind is set on something she's going to achieve it or die trying.  A thought strikes me out of nowhere, of Penny finding out about Simon and I.  It still amuses me whenever I think about. 

                                                 ********************

"I think you've written every possible clue and detail!  Why don't we just wait until Penny arrives to add more..?" Simon groans, pulling the marker out of my hands and tugging at the cuffs of my sweater to get me moving.  I hide the small smile that touches my lips.  Simon looks cute when he acts like this.  What in the world did I do to deserve this boy?  To be honest, I don't even really know if I deserve him, but I put this thought out of my head and let Simon lead me to the sofa.  

His arms wrapped tightly around my waist as he pulled me closer to him.  Hmmm... seems that Simon's idea of waiting looks a lot more like snogging. But I don't mind, how could I..?  He leaves small kisses on my nose and cheeks, obviously teasing me.  "Two could play at this game," I thought while resisting the temptation of going and kissing him senseless.  Snow growled as he grew frustrated with my 'patience', closing the distance between him and I.  I smile into the kiss, his lips gentle on mine asking for entrance.  My lips part as his tongue explores the inside of my mouth.  A soft groan escapes me, although I would never admit it to anyone.  The moment ended as soon as it began with the sound of throats clearing.     

I look up to find Vera and right behind her, Bunce.  I watch as Bunce's eyes grow as wide as saucers, but the expression is gone in a flash, replaced by an arched brow.  I get up, straightening my rumpled shirt.  "What a nice way to ruin the moment..," I grumble under my breath, making sure Bunce can hear.  Bunce isn't phased, she walks up to Simon and hugs him, completely ignoring me.  I notice her quietly exchange a few words with him.  If it's possible, Simon's face gets even redder and he looks as if he would gladly dig a hole and hide there for the rest of eternity.  

Bunce moves onto the whiteboard acting as if she didn't just see her best friend kissing his enemy senseless.  In fact her main concern was that... "You went to the numpties WITHOUT me!?!?"  Her eyes flashed with anger, but it quickly faded as she got immersed into the clues we found.  I sneak a glance at Simon, who is still red over what just happened, bless him.  "Aleister Crowley...," I think, feeling a bit of my own blood rushing to my cheeks.  Trying not to get phased by Simon, I smirk and walk over to Bunce and the whiteboard.   

"Those aren't many clues to go by..."  Penny exclaims, looking at me with thoughtful eyes.  "Yet, it seems like the answer is in the grasp of my hands..."  I know exactly what she means.  I've mulled these clues over in my head all night, last night.  It seems as if the answer is at the tip of my tongue, but just as I want to say it, it blows away like leaves on the wind.  "One of us... and wears green...," Bunce reads out.  "Couldn't you get any more out of the Numpties?" she asks.  

"It would be of no use, they weren't willing to give us any more information," I say, as memories flood my head.  The unmistakable feeling of fear, that I might never get out of that coffin and the strong ache of my stomach, yearning for blood and food.  I shake my head, discarding the fear away like an old toy.  I school my features back into a look of indifference, but I notice Simon looking at me, his face an expression of concern.  

I turn away from him, wondering about how awfully silent he was during this whole time.  He usually doesn't shut up.  He must still be embarrassed about the kiss.  "Well, at least we know that the person is a mage who wears green and probably has a grudge against your family..." Penny outlines.  "That could literally be anyone," I state, a feeling close to hopelessness settling deep into my chest. 

                                                 ********************

"Are you plotting against Simon?" Niall's voice plucks me out of my thoughts.  "What else would I be doing?" I snap, my patience running thin.  Worrying over my mum and now Simon was taking a toll on me.  I lightly shake my head and try to focus on what they were saying.  "So are you going to tell us or keep brooding?"  Dev asks.  "No, Dev, I don't think I even want to talk to you right about now, " I think, but the words that leave my mouth are, "Hmmm..I think I'll just keep brooding..."  

If they keep at it, I swear I will either punch the table or storm out of the hall.... and none of those options are viable.  "Well, someone's gotten out of the wrong side of the bed," Dev whispers to Niall (who thankfully has a brain and keeps quiet), but nods discreetly.  "More like I woke up in the wrong bed," I smirk, not quite being able to help myself.  I see Dev's eyes widen as the words sink in, ignoring them both, I glance back to where Penny was sitting, only to find her seat empty.  She's probably gone to look for Simon, that's Bunce for you.  I find that a part of me wants to go after her, but my feet are glued to the floor.  

**A/N:  Woah...this one was longer than the others...  Hehe..I'm proud!  What do you guys think so far?  Please comment and vote if you liked it.  Thanks for reading!

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

214K 4.5K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
105K 9.3K 111
"You think I'm golden?" "Brighter than the sun, but don't tell Apollo" Dante hates Rome's golden boy. Jason doesn't even remember him. Right person w...
1.8M 60.4K 73
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
313K 9.4K 101
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...