Desideratum ❦ Sehun

By ButterflyGirl__

❝ Continue smiling by my side just like this moment, Longer than tomorrow, farther than eternity, I love you... More

Author's Note
❦ O N E
❦ T W O
❦ T H R E E
❦ F O U R
❦ F I V E
❦ S I X
❦ S E V E N
❦ E I G H T
❦ N I N E
❦ T E N
❦ E L E V E N
❦ T W E L V E
❦ T H I R T E E N
❦ F I F T E E N
❦ S E V E N T E E N
OSH

❦ S I X T E E N

846 31 13
By ButterflyGirl__

At this beautiful place,
All the memories where I loved you,
Will become a neverending story.
It'll shine.

Third Person's POV

"Do you want me to bring you something cold?" Sehun asked as he leaned against the door to stare at Amelia who was sprawled out on the bed.

She shook her head, feeling to tired to even shake her head even and she closed her eyes when she felt pain shooting up her head and even back. She pouted a little and lifted her head only to see that Sehun didn't actually leave and was still staring at her.

"I'm so sleepy... And tired... And in pain," A groan left her lips as she slowly lifted herself off the bed to which Sehun quickly went to her side.

He worriedly placed the back of his hand on her forehead, tilting his head a little in confusion, "You don't have a fever. How do you feel?"

"Worse?"

"Do you want to fetch some medicines for you?"

She shook her head, "No, it's fine... You need to be safe. And besides this will subside. Nothing serious," She clasped her hand with his and rested back on the bed, almost immediately drifting off to sleep.

His other hand travelled up to her hair, softly caressing it and threading his fingers through her locks. Her relaxed breaths comforted him, especially the way her round cheeks rested on the soft pillow. A soft smile tugged on his lips unconsciously.

When he was sure that she was asleep, he drapped the blanket over her form and closed the door so that nothing could disturb her sleep. He walked towards the kitchen, grabbing his phone and sat down on one of the tools.

Sehun quickly dialled the number of the only person he thought would be able to answer his curious questions.

"Hello?"

Jeno spoke against the other line amd Sehun heart a huge clutter of dishes and a 'what are you doing' exclamation in the background. He didn't seem to answer as he probably went to a more quieter place. Jeno took the phone near his ear to hear Sehun.

"Yeah, you were saying?" Jeno huffed, running to his bedroom so as to not be interrupted or disturbed. He sat down on his bed, relaxing a little when the air of the air conditioner hit his form.

Sehun pursed his lips in a thin line, for a moment forgetting the fact that Jeno couldn't see him. "Amelia's not well." He stated solemnly, tapping his feet nervously for some reason and continued explaining further. He had so many thoughts flooding his mind that he wasn't aware where to start with.

Jeno immediately perked up at Sehun's words and sat up straight, "Sick as in?"

"Going through headache and cramps..."

Jeno raised an eyebrow at that, suddenly feeling a little shy to talk about his female best friend with her husband, "Is it that time of the month..." He whispered as if someone could hear him. Jeno lied down on his bed to stare at the ceiling, suddenly feeling sombre because he missed all his friends. A sigh left his lips when he realised that all of them were probably stuck for God knows how long.

Sehun's eyebrows creased, "No, I don't think so... If she's normally in that kind of pain, then she's outright with me about that," He claimed as he patted Mushu's forehead. He was walking around the house since there were no other place to walk around other than the kitchen, bedroom, garden and sometimes the garage when he suddenly felt like randomly cleaning his and Amelia's car too.

"So, then? Is she taking some medicines?"

"No, she says it's nothing serious..." Sehun trailed off and Jeno immediately caught onto that.

"She always says that and besides I know there something going on in your mind, so spill," Jeno squinted his eyes in suspicion, waiting for the person on the other line to answer. Sehun, on the other hand, grew nervous at that. The thought itself made shivers run down his spine and if his assumption was true, he doesn't even know how he'll react. And again his heart pounded heavily against his chest.

"I feel like... I mean, I think she's pregnant..."

"WHAT?"

Jeno exclaimed so loudly in a high pitched screech that Sehun had to pull the phone away from his ears to protect his eardrums. When he was sure that he wasn't going to put his eardrums at risk, he brought the phone closer to his ear to hear that Jeno was already talking.

"Wait, I didn't hear what you said," Sehun stopped him.

Jeno clicked his tongue, "What do you mean by, you 'think' she's pregnant? You guys didn't check?" He asked curiously.

To be honest, though Jeno knew a day like this was bound to come for his friends one day, he just didn't feel it'd come so soon. Or may be, even if it was years later, he'd still consider it as 'soon'. But let's not go till then.

Sehun shook his head even though Jeno couldn't see him, "No, not yet. But like, I think I notice the symptoms as mentioned in the internet and how my mum explained me about it as well," He stated innocently, suddenly making a mental note to ask her about it again.

But deep down, Sehun actually wanted to make sure if his assumption was true because he knew that if he were to ask about that to his mum, both their parents would be expectant about them having a child. For some reason, he didn't want to put their hopes up high but now he wasn't sure if he was actually setting others hopes high or his own. But even then, he had a gut feeling that it might be true. He desperately wanted it to be true.

"What are the symptoms?"

"Morning sickness and such... Eh! Like this usual symptoms, go and search it yourself," Sehun flushed furiously and began nitpicking on the fabric of his sweatpants. Let's just say that the couple wasn't really that good with keeping their hands to themselves.

Jeno huffed on the other line, "Ugh, whatever... Why don't you just go and buy that kit for her to check?" He questioned the obvious.

"But she doesn't let me!" Sehun complained and Jeno huffed on the other line.

Jeno thought for a moment before he thought of an idea, "What is she doing right now?"

"She's asleep," Sehun dropped the volume of his to emphasize on the situation.

"Then why don't you rush right now and bring it?" Jeno asked again, a little taken aback by the male's very limited thinking.

Sehun hummed knowingly, "Yeah and if she flips out on me, I'm seriously blaming you." He quickly got up, slipping on his slippers and grabbing his car keys and wallet on the process. He suddenly felt so energized and excited to even go through the discovery together.

"Also, bring salty, spicy and sweet foods for her as well," Jeno stated seriously.

••••••

When Amelia woke up, it was when she felt something warm on her tummy, a soft weight resting there. When she slowly opened her eyes, it was Vivi sleeping on her right, whereas Mushu was snuggled up against her tummy.

She breathed in deeply when she smelled something very tasty. Vivi and Mushu raised their heads up when Sehun called everyone from the kitchen, voice hinting a little panic. Amelia immediately sat up straight but it actually caused her to feel a little nauseous. Before she could even complain about her headache, Sehun walked into the room which caused Vivi and Mushu to bark for no reason.

Sehun shrieked and almost turned around to run away. But he stared at the two puppies incredulously who seemed to be shielding Amelia. Also, he was a little offended that they were barking at him for no reason as if they were planning on exposing the fact that he went out to get the pregnancy kit and various kinds of foods.

"Why are you even barking at me?" Sehun snarled while glaring at them.

Amelia laughed when she saw him being very evidently offended but Sehun actually seemed to be pre occupied for some other reason. She analyzed his expressions in case he was upset about anything but there was no trace of it. Before she could even question anything, Sehun held his hand out to pull her out of the bed because one, he wanted to be romantic and two, he was a little afraid that the two bodyguard puppies would attack him. He was a little uncertain about their behaviour but he waved it off.

"I brought you some food, c'mon," Sehun clasped her hand with his when she held his hand. Her eyes brightened up at the mention of food and she was almost ready to jump out of the room with the new-found energy but Sehun told her to slow down.

One of his hand was placed in the small of her back, being extremely careful for all he knows. Amelia was a little perplexed by his behaviour, his hold and touch was as if he held her tighter, she'd be hurt.

"But where did you get the food from?"

Sehun froze a little at that question and searched the back of his neck. But he knew he had to come clean, "I actually went to fetch some medicines... Don't worry, I took a bath and washed— " He blabbered nervously but she placed a finger on his lips, shushing him up.

Amelia looked a little dissapointed but how could she be mad at him when he was staring at her with wide puppy eyes, "I'm very happy that you care for me— "

"Of course, I care about you," He cut her off and she flashed him a look that shut him up.

"Thank you, Sehun. But during these times you really need to be careful," Amelia stated worriedly as they walked towards the living room. Sehun understood what she meant so he pouted a little because she was right and there was no antagonizing her at that statement. He mumbled a soft 'sorry' and gently let her sit on the couch, placing pillows at the back so that she'd be comfortable.

Amelia quirked an eyebrow at his behaviour yet again but she couldn't even question it because he was always caring since their marriage, probably very much less touchy. When she let her eyes travel towards the coffee table, her eyes widened at the amount of food placed for 'some food' he brought.

Amelia looked at him wide eyed, "There's like so many... We won't be even be able to eat so much, you know," She stated but when she looked at the food items, her heart did a flip when she realized there were parts of everything she craved, ranging from spicy to salty and sweet.

She grinned widely at him and scooted away to let him sit beside her, she patted her side when she only saw him looking at her with affection, "Thank you so much, I love you," It was a succinct statement but it still always managed to send his heart to a smitten mess.

The two ate happily after Sehun placed the special dog food for Vivi and Mushu so that their furry friends won't be lonely and would provide the couple some company. He noticed her appetite and couldn't help the love blooming in his chest when he saw her eating heartily.

After much, much consideration to frame his words, Sehun took the courage to speak to her about what has been swirling in his mind.

"Amelia..."

"Yes, Sehun?" She turned to look at him.

Sehun thought it was weird but he even loved the way she'd respond to his calls and add his name in her answers as well. It was all the more adoring.

"Are you missing your periods?"

His blunt question caused her to choke on the cheese stick she was eating, causing Sehun to immediately perk up and hold a glass of warm water, rubbing her back to calm her choking. When she finally regained her breath, she turned to look at him in confusion though her heart was also beating at an expendable speed. Instead of questioning him as to why the sudden question, she answered his question because of how worried he already looked.

"Uh... Yeah, actually... " Even she was worried about her own condition and a teeny tiny part of her guessed something but she didn't want to get ahead of her head.

Sehun pursed his lips in a thin line. He actually wanted to nag at her for not telling him but his nerves got the best of him so he lifted the brown paper bag which he kept on his side so that no one would go chewing on random things, especially that bag. Emphasis on Vivi and Mushu.

Amelia stared at the bag curiously so Sehun pushed the bag towards her. Perplexed, she held the bag only to see four pregnancy test kits. Her heart hammered in nervousness and she immediately looked up at him with shock.

Sehun smiled sheepishly, "I just feel like you should take the test... Just to be sure..."

Amelia fought a smile as she stared at Sehun's figure radiating excitement. It was very much evident with his smile and the laugh which escaped his lips after she smiled at him. It was so cute and somewhat calming because the sudden mention made her nervous. She herself wasn't sure if she was ready to have a child yet. And deep down, she didn't want to break Sehun's heart in case his assumption wasn't true.

Sensing her nervousness, Sehun immediately kneeled down in front of her and held her hands in his, a small action of an untold promise.

"We are in this together, right? There's nothing to worry about. Whatever the result is, I still love you, you know," He assured her and raised one hand to rest on her cheek daintily.

Amelia nodded, and she felt that stinging in her eyes. She felt so nervous.

But then she remembered one thing, "Why did you bring 'four' pregnancy kits?"

Sehun grinned, "So that we can be sure upon every certainity."

••••••

Amelia stared at the pregnancy tests laid down in front of her on the bathroom countertop. Her heart was thumping sporadically against her chest, totally not believing the moment. She refused to say anything when she took the first test and told Sehun to calm down because he seemed even more nervous than her. He was knocking at the bathroom door, the worry laced in his voice escalating with each passing second.

When she finally opened the door after what felt like years to Sehun, it seemed like his heart took refuge in his throat. She seemed solemn and he wanted to cry.

But when Amelia looked up at him, he saw the glistening tears pooling her irises. It felt like time stopped and he almost felt like he was going deaf with the beat of his heart in his head now, especially when the next words escaped her lips,

"You're going to be a father."

Amelia laughed happily, warm tears cascading down her cheeks at the overwhelming elation and joy. Sehun paused, not believing her words and he stared at her wide eyed.

"Wait, does that mean we are having a baby? Wait, you're pregnant? We are having a baby? My baby? Our baby?" He blabbered, talking almost gibberish, forgetting to even form coherent words and sentences.

When she nodded, he hoisted her up in his arms, a squeal leaving her lips as he spinned her around.

"Oh God, I'm dizzy!" Amelia exclaimed and Sehun immediately stopped, putting her down to sit on the bed. He was so worried but so happy that before he could even know, tears started escaping his eyes as well.

The two were so caught up in the moment that they missed the happy howls of their puppies with them abandoning their foods.

She leaned her head against his, resting their foreheads against each other. The amount of happiness filling their beings and souls were beyond words, it couldn't be put into words or even described. Heart pounding rapidly, nothing could surpass that moment as they were embraced within the safe confines of each others arms and the tranquility surrounding their own abode of solace.

"Thank you so much, Amelia. Thank you so much," Sehun smiled, a tear trickling down his cheeks with jovial, "No amount of words or opulence could describe the love I feel for you. For you are irreplaceable and love is priceless."

Amelia chuckled, placing a soft kiss on his cheeks first, then nose and then the most gentle kiss on his lips. The soft kiss was enough to show each other how they felt. It lasted for a few seconds before Amelia stood up and Sehun followed.

"We can do this, right?" Amelia looked into his eyes for assurance and Sehun delivered just that. He looked so confident about it. If he was being completely honest, he was not actually sure if he could be the best father, and the same thoughts filled Amelia's mind if she could be a good mother, but for some reason, they knew that as long as they had each other, anything was possible.

"Yes, we can."

And he kneeled down, placing a gentle kiss on her stomach.

"We love you."

••••••

Sehun gasped when he felt a kick on his back. He opened his eyes to be embraced within the darkness of the room and he turned around on their bedroom to see that Amelia was fast asleep.

He looked down at her tummy, daintily placing his hand on her thirty seven weeks growing tummy. The couple obviously were a little worn out and tired, especially Amelia. It hurt him a lot when she'd be in pain and she would just silently cry. He knew that there was no cure to that pain but he felt happy that Amelia held herself strong. He has always respected women but his respect for women elevated even more when he witnessed a part of their struggles but despite everything, they are stronger than ever.

"Oh, you are already kicking me so hard," Sehun whispered, sitting up slowly to not wake Amelia up, and leaned towards her tummy, "You are going to be a very naughty baby, aren't you?" His baritone was soft as a feather and sweet like honey as he talked to his unborn baby, feeling even more love for their little one who would soon be welcomed to the world.

••••••••••••••••••

A/N: Unedited.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

614 6 4
I love you 'till eternity~
19.3K 1.5K 26
"I forgot about my feelings for you many years ago." • • • • • "I don't remember having any feelings for you." • • • • • She love...
105K 3.4K 40
"What the hell is he doing here?" *completed*
73.5K 2.9K 16
"BREAK UP MEANS BREAK UP . DON'T EVER COME TO SEE ME EVEN IF I DIE TOMORROW!!! GOOD BYE". "WHAT IF I DIE?". . . . . . . "DIE".